What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Crashes when Logging into a Character

Comments

• Options
    kevinc55kevinc55 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1. L60 HR crashed during twilight run; now crashes on entering game.
    2. L23 HR did 1 foundry, crashed on exit. Was able to re-enter game in PE, queued for a pvp domination match, crashed while entering the match, now crashes on entry.
    3. Ack!
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Had the same issue, doing a fresh install now
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Why does this happen so much? I know Software Engineering is pretty complicated, but still, whatever happened to decent QA?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    arturios71arturios71 Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    Right after the servers came up again, i moved my HR to Dread Ring map, and got the Cryptic Ops crash error while the map was loading.
    Now every time i try to connect my HR i have the mesage asking to choose "Normal login", "Safe login", and again while the map is loading the game crash with the same error.
    Anyone else with the problem?

same problem here, when i try to go to other map the game crash, and now i cant enter with my Guardian fighter level 60, but my rogue are fine for the moment
  • Options
    wolfentinwolfentin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cant even create a new character... crashes right after the creation. oh well, time to sit back and wait.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rortie wrote: »
    Why does this happen so much? I know Software Engineering is pretty complicated, but still, whatever happened to decent QA?

This is the first time anything like this has happened to one of my characters (beings stuck trying to access an area, and then crashing and having the character then being inaccessible), and I've been playing since the second week of closed beta.

So, how is this happening so much exactly?
  • Options
    drexis1drexis1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    wonder when they gonna fix this anoyign thing cant do anything.i log in and crash
  • Options
    sjm1111sjm1111 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've just logged into another machine without problems. I go back to my original machine and I have the same problem.

My main is the better one and my friend is using the other so still can't play :(
  • Options
    ghostlycatghostlycat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    Same here, I keep crashing since the festival started... mainly on loading screens. I don't think it has anything to do with graphics settings though.

Please fix this asap or roll back to a stable state - as is, the game is unplayable
  • Options
    wal216wal216 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I haven't bee able to actually log in since downloading the patch. Client not responding :(
  • Options
    rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited December 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    This is the first time anything like this has happened to one of my characters (beings stuck trying to access an area, and then crashing and having the character then being inaccessible), and I've been playing since the second week of closed beta.

So, how is this happening so much exactly?

this has happened before, when GG was released, i believe.
  • Options
    shiker2044shiker2044 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can't get to the character selection screen :S the game just stopped loading
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Gah, same happening to me while doing Twilight Salom Run on my GWF.

Attempting a Safe Mode login using Launcher option now.

I also crashed once while desperately leaving the Winter Festival area to check my guild permissions after someone said they had found an stranger alt in their guild who was not invited (I recall the same thing had been reported in the forums or in-game a while back, with the same exact stranger alt).
  • Options
    utargutarg Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have 1 lvl 60 character stuck in the dread ring and the only other character i have is now stuck in the winter festival slalom, both crash when trying to load them, can you guys fix it so at least we can load to a safe area, when i choose that option, it also crash, a friend has the same problem with her character also.
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Turn all graphics settings down to 0 on a char, then you should be able to log back in with the stuck character. Worked for me for 3 chars stuck in horse race.
  • Options
    noctusinfernalusnoctusinfernalus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have the same problem.

I logged in on my CW that was in Protector's Enclave and I was going to travel to The Chasm. And then half-way through the map loading screen my game crashes. I have also tried verifying the files and everything. Can't even log into my level 1 Ranger.

This is bull****, to say the least.
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm looking at the crash(es).

Dave
  • Options
    apathycurveapathycurve Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here. Stuck.
  • Options
    ariesvehemensariesvehemens Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    New achievement today: Master of Crashes.
  • Options
    toddmurtoddmur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am also crashing. My main initially crashed traveling from Winter Festival to Protector's Enclave. Then crashed again a few minutes later during Twilight Run and now crashes repeatedly trying to log in and load the Winter Festival locale. My ALT was still able to log in to Protector's Enclave UNTIL I played Sword Coast Adventures with that character (which I also did with my MAIN char before having problems). Now my ALT also crashes after character selection loading PE. Hope this info helps.
  • Options
    philmanpwphilmanpw Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    3 characters black holed now. guess I am done trying to play this game until the fix it.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I played under the Safe Option via the Launcher and managed to finish the Winter Festival dailies with the original crashed alt.

So, if you are crashing, you may want to try that.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My experience post-patch. Start NWO...login...click play, loading splash screen...crash
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    damagon777damagon777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was in the winter festivel area and crashed on my first character, so I decided to log into my second character and it crashed at the graveyard, so yeah...both char's are unable to be logged in as it crashes immediately, please fix this as it obviously has something to do with the last patch. Thanks.
  • Options
    fionalokhertfionalokhert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just did a total reinstall, wiped every bit of NWO off of my computer, and after the reinstall, everything seemed to be good...Patched okay, took over an hour....Get in game, get loading...The server stops responding as it streaming patches files, something fairly normal...After those 7-8 files (Was loading into dread ring), finished, the crash happened immediately.
  • Options
    ezybreezeezybreeze Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just tried that slalom on two chars and both times its crashed and refuses to let me log back in on either.... sort it out
  • Options
    ezybreezeezybreeze Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013

fix

Go in to ur game files and delete the localdata folder, (make sure game is closed) and relogg,

worked for me. hope it helps
  • Options
    berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    crashed aswell in the slalom run. When i log back on to my acc and try to enter with that charr, it crashes again
  • Options
    azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\localdata

Or where ever your live/localdata folder is

There will be one file inside, delete this and you can log back in (it resets your graphic settings)

It worked for me and I can transfer zones again.