Options

Cant talk to npc after patch

Comments

• Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Looking into this!

Try "looking into" getting some competent QA testers.

It'll solve an awful lot of your problems.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    knave229knave229 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1.) all NPCs, I tried going between my main and making a new character and still nothing on either.
    2.) English.
  • Options
    markarovichmarkarovich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    1. All NPCs for me!
    2. English
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here. English version, but German keyboard layout. Could not see any text in NPC windows.

Changed keyboard layout to English (US). Now it works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    xiphenon wrote: »
    Same problem here. English version, but German keyboard layout. Could not see any text in NPC windows.

Changed keyboard layout to English (US). Now it works.

We're looking into this right now as well. Thank you for letting us know!
  • Options
    davidziordavidzior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. All NPCs I think.
    2. I've tried English and Polish.
  • Options
    akatatsu123akatatsu123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also tried changing kb layout, still the same pb.
  • Options
    connaiaconnaia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    English (UK) here. Tried switching to English (US), no improvement. Bank, mail and guild bank ok, all other NPCs give blank dialogue box on all my characters. My husband has the same. Both systems I7, GTX460SE, 8GB memory, running windows 7 64 bit
  • Options
    prof4natoreprof4natore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. All NPC with dialogs
    2. Italian
    I tried to switch English (US) but i still can't see quest and dialogs.
  • Options
    imathilimathil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please help us further by responding to these questions.

All NPCs
    English
    WITH US International Keyboard under Windows settings...resetting to straight US keyboard and rebooting game fixed issue for me but I had to change the DEFAULT keyboard to US not just switch keyboard setttings.
  • Options
    kulamtakkulamtak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All NPCs and quest chests.
    English
  • Options
    sircrimersircrimer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    English version.
    German keyboard.
    Windows German keyboard setting.

While you are at it, pls fix the "Alt Gr" key on the german keyboard, as NW thinks thats just a normal "Alt" key. Thus making it impossible to write @ symbol.
  • Options
    bluebisbluebis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same problem
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    imathil wrote: »
    All NPCs
    English
    WITH US International Keyboard under Windows settings...resetting to straight US keyboard and rebooting game fixed issue for me but I had to change the DEFAULT keyboard to US not just switch keyboard setttings.

Followed this advice changing my keyboard layout from English (UK) to US and it worked.

Might be a workround for everyone until they fix this issue.
  • Options
    bodziu82bodziu82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. NPC with dialogs 2. English and tried Polish
  • Options
    sircrimersircrimer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For those who cant place powers anymore. Switch from Activation on second press to actiavtion on release.
  • Options
    warpthornwarpthorn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Am playing in English. Had blank quest giver boxes, tried reinstalling, then disabling pre-patching no help.

Following this thread have changed from UK keyboard setting to US and can confirm the problem has fixed. The quest region I was in was Pirates Skyhold but it was all the quest givers I tried.
  • Options
    aldasosztoaldasoszto Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here. Tried changing my hungarian keyboard layout to US english but wasn't lucky, didn't work.
    Tried changing default keyboard to US english, but same result.
    Hope it gets fixed for the weekend.
  • Options
    szafran94szafran94 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. All NPC's I was speeking with
    2. Polish. Tried german and english but it didn't do anything.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for updating this thread with your information, everyone. We're continuing to investigate and hope to find the exact cause very soon.
  • Options
    chinohatechinohate Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. same as everyone
    2. Japanese

Added English(US) and switched to EN > Restarted client and fixed. > Switched back to JPN and still working fine. > Restarted client and still no problem.
  • Options
    ogremercogremerc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On Windows Vista 32bit. Keyboard layout is English United Kingdom as default, changed it to English US (just the US option ticked) and the quest text is back.
  • Options
    laserbeamjoelaserbeamjoe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im having the same problem, and it exceeds beyond that even... I just did the GG dungeon and when I killed the boss and wanted to loot the chest all I get is a message saying "No remote version of Faux TreasureChest", and I cant take my Grym Coins. And on top of that I cant leave the dungeon without taking my reward... So im stuck in there... Really good job .... I hope you fix this within the day, or my hopes for this game goes flush down the toilet...
  • Options
    turbidrobin2turbidrobin2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. All NPCs i tried to speak with
    2. English (UK)
  • Options
    zaelarpzaelarp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for updating this thread with your information, everyone. We're continuing to investigate and hope to find the exact cause very soon.

I am having the same issue. Just a black box with no text popping up upon interaction with NPCs - and no options to close or continue or complete quests etc. For me this is with every single NPC, have also logged onto alt characters and checked NPCs in different zones. Unable to interact with any of them.
  • Options
    dreadalithdreadalith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the same issue, I can talk to Npc's but the window in which their text is displayed is blank. This applies to all quests I have tried, the Wondrous Bazaar and the shortcut to AH. Also, I cannot enter any foundry, but I suspect this issue will also make foundries unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by cmpinpointerror View Post
    Please help us look into this issue further.

1. Does this occur with all NPCs or specific ones?
    2. Which language version are you playing? English, Polish, Turkish, Italian, German, French.

1.All of them.
    2. English
  • Options
    connaiaconnaia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tried changing default keyboard to English (US). Now could get dialogue with the crafting supplier. Unfortunately when I changed back to my proper (English UK) keyboard, the problem came back :(
  • Options
    thelomaxxthelomaxx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since someone reported that changing the keyboard-country-settings solves the issue: I want to mention a problem I am suffering that might be related: I can no longer use the left ALT-key to switch to mouse-pointer-mode. Pressing left ALT (or AltGr) doesn't do anything at all right now.

I'm using German keyboard layout and already tried switching keyboard-input and rebooting. Didn't help.
  • Options
    schroed360schroed360 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same matter here. Chest stay close and all NPC but merchent give just a black window...
  • Options
    oggusneverusoggusneverus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. All of them (NPCs, chest reward at end of instances)
    2. playing in english with a french/belgian keyboard layout (i remapped the keys before the patch)

following the advice of others in the thread, i've added the English(US) layout (but not made it default) and was able to speak again to NPCs.
This discussion has been closed.