test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lift of NDA?

vixisynvixisyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
I'm assuming with even CBT being so wide spread, that participant are not going to be beholden to NDAs. So does this mean that we'll see a NDA lift soon? Or will that come only after CBT starts on the 8th?
vixybanner4_zpsbe1d5d4b.jpg
Post edited by vixisyn on

Comments

• dequixoticdequixotic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If it follows the same track as other MMOs the NDA won't be removed until open beta.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I dont think there will be NDA. RaiderZ also did not have any NDA in CB phase.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would like to know this, I wouldnt mind (trying some) streaming if it is lifted, but of course I wouldnt break the NDA(also it didnt make you sign one when you bought a pack
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dequixoticdequixotic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would like to know this, I wouldnt mind (trying some) streaming if it is lifted, but of course I wouldnt break the NDA(also it didnt make you sign one when you bought a pack

Usually that's in the EULA or TOS when you start playing.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    If the NDA is going to be lifted, it will be announced either by one of us Moderators as expressed by CM PinPointError or it will be posted by PWE themselves. Stay tuned!

(And yes, if there is going to be an NDA, you will not see it until you try first log into the Client as that will be the most recent version of said NDA)

edited January 2013
    dequixotic wrote: »
    Usually that's in the EULA or TOS when you start playing.

yah but NDA prevents it too

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited January 2013
    You will get an official response before the start of Beta Weekend 1 on February 8, 2013. Thanks!
    edited January 2013
    Thanks. Id love an official response

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragnarlawlragnarlawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Thanks. Id love an official response

Same here.
    [TMG] Ragnaruss www.topmarksgaming.org
  • mastrshadowmastrshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    NDAs usually stay in place until Open Beta. Don't hold your breath that it will be lifted when closed beta starts. The whole point of an NDA is to keep closed beta information... Closed to the public.
  • mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Lets be honest whether its lifted or not. I will be looking for gameplay videos on you tube later that day :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    mnatic wrote: »
    Lets be honest whether its lifted or not. I will be looking for gameplay videos on you tube later that day :)

Just a friendly word of advice; when they do show up, don't link 'em here, or the mods will squash your post into bone meal and use it to summon zombies to eat your brains. :)
  • mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Just a friendly word of advice; when they do show up, don't link 'em here, or the mods will squash your post into bone meal and use it to summon zombies to eat your brains. :)

im sure i wouldnt even need to :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • geddings12geddings12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    we might have to all be Johnny-Tight-Lips from the Simpsons so if anyone asks all we can say is "I aint seen nuffin" :-p.
  • normanoftharnormanofthar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    Game? I know not of what you speak... :P
  • uglybuggeruglybugger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You know what they should do? Record someone reading the NDA so I don't have to read it myself, and can instead crawl into bed and listen to it as I nod off to sleep.
  • dualityeternaldualityeternal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    If the NDA is going to be lifted, it will be announced either by one of us Moderators as expressed by CM PinPointError or it will be posted by PWE themselves. Stay tuned!

(And yes, if there is going to be an NDA, you will not see it until you try first log into the Client as that will be the most recent version of said NDA)

I was curious as well. I am a streamer on twitch.tv being able to stream the Beta would be really cool.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was curious as well. I am a streamer on twitch.tv being able to stream the Beta would be really cool.

Would be very cool if this NDA was lifted so peeps that want to stream can, would give peeps that are not in beta more of an idea how the game will play and perhaps more of an idea how skill will work etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • dualityeternaldualityeternal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was able to stream Warframe in closed beta thanks to the developers decision to allow it. I was able to bring a lot of people to the game in doing so. Most of which had no idea the game existed to begin with. I hope we can do the same here.
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Even if it isn't lifted, I think a lot of us would appreciate if the moderators used their influence to get a very clear answer for us when the time is right. I think a lot of headaches could be prevented with an official sticky topic on the subject.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    aavarius wrote: »
    Even if it isn't lifted, I think a lot of us would appreciate if the moderators used their influence to get a very clear answer for us when the time is right. I think a lot of headaches could be prevented with an official sticky topic on the subject.
    I can assure you, we have expressed, relayed and linked the concerns to the Gods. The voices whisper that all shall be revealed... in time. :)
    edited February 2013
    I can assure you, we have expressed, relayed and linked the concerns to the Gods. The voices whisper that all shall be revealed... in time. :)

Cryptics handy... Soon tm...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I dont think there will be NDA. RaiderZ also did not have any NDA in CB phase.
    there is an NDA. If you used a pc gamer beta code it popped up right away and you clicked I accept on it to continue.
  • bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jim1771 wrote: »
    there is an NDA. If you used a pc gamer beta code it popped up right away and you clicked I accept on it to continue.

No reading, just clicking.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    bluesteel8 wrote: »
    No reading, just clicking.

Not relevant under US law, which is what applies since PWE is a California company. Since 1998, clicking "yes" is exactly the same as taking a pen and signing your name.
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Not relevant under US law, which is what applies since PWE is a California company. Since 1998, clicking "yes" is exactly the same as taking a pen and signing your name.
    Yep, but if they lift/nullify the NDA we could, potentially talk about/stream it.(not trying to argue, just stating for others)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ah-ha. I missed that post somehow. Good to see that.
    edited February 2013
    I really hope it gets lifted

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    If they are proud and backing of their product, there is no reason they won't lift the NDA. Solid gameplay from a live feed does wonders for PR and advertising.
  • therealtedtherealted Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    asdfasdfgf wrote: »
    If they are proud and backing of their product, there is no reason they won't lift the NDA. Solid gameplay from a live feed does wonders for PR and advertising.
    It can also cause confusion, frustration, and even bait-and-switch accusations if the game is changed before it goes live. May seem like a silly thing, especially with the game as far along in development as it is, but the NDA means the studio can tinker with the game however they want right up to launch without worrying about all that other hassle.

The gorilla formerly known as Kolikos