test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has Stormshade said anything.......

stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
On these forums since he got miffed at Andrethegiant about his criticism of the forums?

I mean we are six months or less until launch and there is zero communication...this isn't the Cryptic that I know.
Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
Post edited by stormdrag0n on

Comments

• vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    Judging by the dev tracker. Nope.
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    I never played any PWE games but i heard they dont give much info about their incoming games and even updates.

That said, i think thats what is happening with Neverwinter this days, no one say anything and we dont get any new info.

I dont think the releasing new info thing is cryptic job anymore :/

Hopefully we will have more info at the end of the month if we are lucky
  • tharartharar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    vangald wrote: »
    Judging by the dev tracker. Nope.

Well the dev tracker isn't working right now. Hasn't since they switched the site over actually.

As far as news goes, I suppose at worst we'll have to wait until E3. Would be nice if we got a few teases beforehand though, but most likely we won't see more reveals until E3.
  • danceofthefallendanceofthefallen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I hope someone is watching if not replying. Since there is no report button someone has to watch for spam and whatnot or this forum will quickly become junk. I hope that doesn't happen, where else would I go to waiste time at work?

That said I am totally fed up with the lack of new info (pics, vids, anything...) That will kill my interest as quickly as spam and jerks.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    So far not very impressed......zero communication on a game that is launching in less than six months no basic tools on the forums ( the ability to report spam multi avatars emotes that don't suck etc) in fact this no longer feels like it's Cryptics show.

Folks know me I'm not one to doom cry , but frankly I'm concerned.
  • vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You'll get all the communication you want after CB launches. Why would they need to communicate anything about a game that is practically finished and is about to launch anyway?

You don't need a report button if you can pm mods.

PWE uses an image related to your character as avatar - which ofc won't happen until CB or OB. For personalisation they use signatures.

The emotes are cool - they just don't fit with the general theme.

And ofc it's not -entirely- Cryptic's show anymore. It's all owned by PWE now. Their shop, their rules...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vindevereauxxvindevereauxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    E3 is coming up- I imagine there will be a flood of new info after that.
    edited May 2012
    vindicon wrote: »
    You'll get all the communication you want after CB launches. Why would they need to communicate anything about a game that is practically finished and is about to launch anyway?

You don't need a report button if you can pm mods.

PWE uses an image related to your character as avatar - which ofc won't happen until CB or OB. For personalisation they use signatures.

The emotes are cool - they just don't fit with the general theme.

And ofc it's not -entirely- Cryptic's show anymore. It's all owned by PWE now. Their shop, their rules...

I think you will find that most of us won't be nearly as accepting as you are.

Just sayin
    edited May 2012
    E3 is coming up- I imagine there will be a flood of new info after that.

The problem is, developers that just communicate when there is a marketing push tend to lose trust with veteran gamers.

I have noticed much less communication in general from Cryptic even in their other two titles....I just don't see it as a smart way to grow your games.
  • syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Not much from devs for a long time. Good point was that they used to reply to some threads before but that's not how it supposed to be.

In my humble opinion they should post some part of game system and say we want to do stuf this and that way, here you have some pics and numbers now say what you think.

Now if I get somthing like that i can argue with other people to look for a best solution or any interesting ideas.

In reality what we have is most of threads is guessing what game content may be, followed by meaningless posts that really doesn't say nothing and are nothin more than white noise.

Saying i want game thats more D&D is a empty information and to make your post usefull you should say "this part of mechanics is D&D and should work this way".

I could make 3-4 posts from what i wrote and sometimes it's just to funny to see people writing 20 posts in one thread just to get higher forum rank like if it would mean that what you say is more important now.

not enough european people on this forum.... hherehe
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • tharartharar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The problem is, developers that just communicate when there is a marketing push tend to lose trust with veteran gamers.

I have noticed much less communication in general from Cryptic even in their other two titles....I just don't see it as a smart way to grow your games.

The thing is any information they leak now loses their steam for E3. Either they hold up and go for the "wow" factor for E3 or start releasing info before hand and detracting from whatever they wanted to do for E3.

Just saying, there's always another side of the coin.
  • kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    The huge following isn't looking or paying for rehashed content. Their interests are mainly in a new toy.

If there is any lessons here its from the slow strangle of active players on NwN and NwN2.
    All of the user created wonderment built on a convoluted engine full of flaws showed that the kitchen sink method didn't work. This was especially evident in NwN2 with a "new" crafting system, world map and constantly nerfed and renerfed classes for some sense of balance.

Its new players and their appetite that concerns the future of this game and no amount of hand wringing by the old guard is going to change that.

Lets look at 4E and then 5E rules and within the Forgotten Realms raise a new breed of fans fresh from the GW, WoW and Nwn ranks. I think the Devs will begin to listen to that. They could also see some future in the series ahead. Also, its in our best interest to have their continued support. NwN players all know what it feels like to be abandoned in that department.
    edited May 2012
    tharar wrote: »
    The thing is any information they leak now loses their steam for E3. Either they hold up and go for the "wow" factor for E3 or start releasing info before hand and detracting from whatever they wanted to do for E3.

Just saying, there's always another side of the coin.

Oh point taken and I get it, but they could buy a of good will if they would just further expand on what we know already and address some of the Forum concerns instead of basically giving the entire community (as small as it is right now) the cold shoulder.
  • perdidurperdidur Member Posts: 67
    edited May 2012
    I guess they feel since Pax East was fairly recently and we got a look at some gameplay they could let up a bit on communication. Hopefully they are toiling away quietly in preparation for beta. I agree that we will most likely get a lot of info during E3. I guess they don't want to spoil anything before that event.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    On these forums since he got miffed at Andrethegiant about his criticism of the forums?

I mean we are six months or less until launch and there is zero communication...this isn't the Cryptic that I know.

Not a word. And I'm not surprised, but I'm pretty disappointed and quite honestly in a bit of disbelief.

Another marketing blitz around E3 is basically what we have to look forward to. His reaction to my critique of their web designers' choice of using pre-teen bear smilies was pretty over-the-top, but his reaction I believe may have unveiled something else entirely.

It occurred to me that there are many challenges Cryptic and/or PWE may just not have worked out yet. Disagreements in game direction, intra- and inter- company infighting, development in over their heads.. those are the kinds of things I think about that may be going on behind the scenes. I've been employed in plenty of organizations where this occurred, and the silence is deafening to me, from where I sit.

The comments "smilies are a very minor concern for me" "How is there barely a resemblance to D&D?" "we've done the best we can with it" are what really made me shake my head. Storm, who I've admired since I've joined this community, just seemed thoroughly frustrated. Smilies, a concern? ... for a web-design TEAM? REALLY? It takes me about 5-10 minutes tops to drop in smilies on a website, and maybe 1 to 2 hours to create a small group of quality smilies from scratch. I genuinely felt there's more going on than just "business as usual."

I keep saying to myself, if they weren't going to do the website right, and by that I mean fully support it, why do it at all? From a support perspective, forget the bears, that was minor, an easy design fix. Other larger concerns the community has brought up: there is way too much black, lack of official D&D product identity, no longer possible to view posts from latest first, no longer a thread is auto-subscribed when you post in it - Difficult to track, cant edit your Avatar, "Please notify the administrator" error if you follow a valid link... all valid complaints that were entirely ignored. Then you have all the requests for information. So many questions have gone unanswered, for weeks at a time, if answered at all. Requests for progress reports? Forget it.

We will most likely never know what is brewing behind the scenes, if anything. All I know is veteran gamers are watching, and few of us are even bothering to comment any longer, and that's a shame.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • qumi0qumi0 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I kind of feel a bit disillusioned myself. It the scheme for devs activity on the forum is "huge event - some news" then months of silence "huge event - some news" then months of silence... and so on - well, I feel like I don't want to do much here.

What's the point of being on the forum if there is no feedback? I could simply be active when a huge event appears and then leave the forum for a few months until the next one.

And there is another thing: Stormshade is too little. I mean, for goodness sake - 1 person responsible for 3-4 forums? Where is sens in that?! We need moderators and maybe another PR person.

And also - I am very angry/fed up for the Twitter - so many, many news about Star Trek and Champions - and none about Neverwinter.
  • darthpanda16darthpanda16 Member Posts: 9,471 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    I think we will all love the goodness E3 brings b:cool
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    qumi0 wrote: »
    I kind of feel a bit disillusioned myself....

/seconded. Thats what I post a few days ago and stand by this feeling. The forum is literally killing the buzz the game generated. And not just the forum, the long silence of devs. And the Soonydrome ( ... soon. ) is too obvious.
  • darthpanda16darthpanda16 Member Posts: 9,471 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    You can't see that I am with Perfect World yet, but I assure you that you all will love what they have to show.

Been Tech Supporting with PWE since 2008 and help with all the tech issues for all Cryptic and PWE games.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    qumi0 wrote: »

And there is another thing: Stormshade is too little. I mean, for goodness sake - 1 person responsible for 3-4 forums? Where is sense in that?!

Maybe there is someone- watching quietly from the shadows...

>.>
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I think you will find that most of us won't be nearly as accepting as you are.

Just sayin

Maybe, but I'm not really concerned about it either. The game will launch and it will be cool whether or not he strokes a bunch of sensitive egos here or not.

I think you're giving that poster a bit too much credit. It's right before a closed beta test. E3 is coming up. I think he just might have something more important to do than having chats with everyone. He's a grown up with a job to do.

Cryptic just gave an interview on mmorpg.com about the game. There was a video demo at PAX East by one of their contributors. There has been some bit of information, even if it's small.
    edited May 2012
    You can't see that I am with Perfect World yet, but I assure you that you all will love what they have to show.

Been Tech Supporting with PWE since 2008 and help with all the tech issues for all Cryptic and PWE games.

ok, I'm going to say thanks for that darthpanda. It's appreciated since its been so long in the pipeline, we're a little worn out.
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012

Do you honestly believe that? The guy is a moderator or whatever it is these PR guys are and getting riled in the forums would be an instant job disqualification. People are raging over petty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and until there is news coming forth you can expect little to no postings from these guys as they are not going to get into a pissing contest with a nobody or anyone for that matter as that is all that will result if they engage in a discussion. Look at the forums when the acquisition was announced, a few initial posts and then in the dark thing went on.
    edited May 2012
    Do you honestly believe that? The guy is a moderator or whatever it is these PR guys are and getting riled in the forums would be an instant job disqualification. People are raging over petty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and until there is news coming forth you can expect little to no postings from these guys as they are not going to get into a pissing contest with a nobody or anyone for that matter as that is all that will result if they engage in a discussion. Look at the forums when the acquisition was announced, a few initial posts and then in the dark thing went on.

I see it as hostage taking.. They are only allowed to spill maybe 1% of what they know. Corporate piracy, mimic games launching a month before release and loss of the suprise that panda is hinting at.

I mean look at Stormshades posts that he did offer. It was like putting the mob on the stand...b:chuckle
    edited May 2012
    no longer possible to view posts from latest first

Huh? What? You can do that, in fact all post are arranged that way in the forum...

And it's been said multiple times that the avatars cannot be available until you start making characters because they are meant to represent your in-game character. And that the site background will most likely change after CB launches.

If you just wanna complain for the sake of complaining, then at least find something valid, because it's getting quite tiresome b:tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Huh? What? You can do that, in fact all post are arranged that way in the forum...

And it's been said multiple times that the avatars cannot be available until you start making characters because they are meant to represent your in-game character. And that the site background will most likely change after CB launches.

If you just wanna complain for the sake of complaining, then at least find something valid, because it's getting quite tiresome <something disgusting>

I think you are the one doing that. You are getting defensive over the opinions of other people. Besides, what he said were things already quoted in other threads and didn't make them up himself.

You cannot open the thread and view the posts from latest first. Also you can't specify the number of posts which appear on single page.

And don't get defensive again saying when you press post reply you can see from latest first because that functionality is needed to view the forums.

EDIT: also, i was of the opinion that no dev gave any response whatsoever. So who said avatars were supposed to be ingame characters... unless you are building castles in sky - based on speculations from forum users...
  • qumi0qumi0 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Stormshade wrote:
    The information is coming, I promise. Hang in there!

That's what I got from asking about news on twitter. I would prefer something like "in about a week" or "just a few more days", instead of an indefinite time period...
    edited May 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    So who said avatars were supposed to be ingame characters... unless you are building castles in sky - based on speculations from forum users...

Maybe because that's what avatars are in... you know... every single PWE forum? And that's even built in their Core Connect system?

Also, all threads are automatically listed by latest update, and if you press "Search" you can list them by anything you want, including start date...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012

If you just wanna complain for the sake of complaining, then at least find something valid, because it's getting quite tiresome (TMPF art)

Maybe if you were actually part of our Neverwinter community before they changed the site and invited the TMPFs (teenage mutant PWE fanbois), then maybe you'd see it from a different perspective. Heck, if you bothered to read other folks opinions/complaints about the site, you'd of already known that my post was nothing more than a summary/collaboration of what concerns some of them. And their opinion is just as important as yours.
    Maybe because that's what avatars are in... you know... every single PWE forum? And that's even built in their Core Connect system?

DDO has much custom D&D clip art to choose from for avatars, and signatures that allow us to choose a visual representation of our in game characters (our choice of any one of our toons). By the way, its not connected to some phony "community" which is nothing more than a front to track store purchases (zen).
    Also, all threads are automatically listed by latest update, and if you press "Search" you can list them by anything you want, including start date...

That was not the complaint, read it again Sam. As for pressing "Search" I have to then enter a keyword, and then make more choices before it will potentially return something based on date criteria? You are kidding, right? Its just quicker to read the threads that light up. But that wont always be the way...

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
    edited May 2012

If you are going to say nothing but that we will all just love it, at least make it sound entertaining... perhaps buying user rights to this song might make sense for PWE, for this forum? ... cause certainly all we are getting is a song and a dance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7miRCLeFSJo