test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter 2020 Roadmap Stream

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
We'll be joining several of our content creators tomorrow, February 13 at 3pm PT, for a special stream to unveil the Neverwinter 2020 Roadmap!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11369073

Comments

• akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Thx
    Post edited by akta#9913 on
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Someone should make a drinking game for these... like take a sip whenever you hear "roadmap", "moving forward", "excited", "Chris", "develop", "create", "discussion", "Neverwinter" etc.

Wait no, that might make viewers hammered with just the introductory statements. =P

Also I second thefiresidecat's request for a transcript afterwards mainly because I'm not going to be able to watch it.

I thought about editing my comment to include and for people unable to make it. but they do normally have a video of streams you can watch later.
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    > @cwhitesidedev#9752 said:
    > The roadmap will be published in the roadmap section of the CDP forum area at 3pm pst so everyone can see it together at the same time.

I hope in roadmap yu put 2 thinks a freedom day were we can admitt back banned player for a new start ( yu can keep from them currency stolen but unbound they will be cool )

And consolle player need t know yur plans for ps5 and new xbox cuz this will have hige impact for us consolle player if yu plan to not give me the game in ps5 or if i ve to restart all can be so bad for the game...

Cheers tyvm for tryng to be game great again
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Hmm, I know that's not a complete picture but there doesn't seem to be enough events within this year to win the legendary mount advertised from Hellpit (oh, unless the currency is going into the siege event, masq and winter fest as well as "new event"). I hope that hasn't been forgotten.

Also, what's the difference between Zariel Trial and Zariel Story Mode? Am I right in guessing the second one is for solo players? That would be really cool.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!

Hmm, I know that's not a complete picture but there doesn't seem to be enough events within this year to win the legendary mount advertised from Hellpit (oh, unless the currency is going into the siege event, masq and winter fest as well as "new event"). I hope that hasn't been forgotten.

Also, what's the difference between Zariel Trial and Zariel Story Mode? Am I right in guessing the second one is for solo players? That would be really cool.

that's a high level roadmap not calendar. I'm sure we will have plenty of hellpit events. it looks like they're just calling out the remastered events. not all the events.
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Next time try to have rainer northside garlaanx and kaly gold maybe they make the right question i see on stream wasnt touch some hot topic that ppl needed to know
  • sunshinehappy#2439 sunshinehappy Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    More scaling, more cutscenes added to dungeons.. This roadmap shows they know exactly what we want.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Will a vid of the stream be posted for those that missed it?
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

Will a vid of the stream be posted for those that missed it?

Isn't it this one?
    - bye bye -
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Thank you @jules#6770

I missed that Willow was hosting and was looking on the Cryptic channel. Silly me lol
  • cwhitesidedev#9752 cwhitesidedev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 253 Cryptic Developer
    > @josephskyrim said:
    > Hmm, I know that's not a complete picture but there doesn't seem to be enough events within this year to win the legendary mount advertised from Hellpit (oh, unless the currency is going into the siege event, masq and winter fest as well as "new event"). I hope that hasn't been forgotten.
    >
    > Also, what's the difference between Zariel Trial and Zariel Story Mode? Am I right in guessing the second one is for solo players? That would be really cool.

Hi Joseph,

This is a development road map and not our live calendar which contains our ‘event’ schedule. I hope that makes sense.

Story mode is the trial with reduced challenge and related rewards.

Thanks

Chris
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    > @hustin1 said: I have to say that I'm not very confident about seeing the side areas unblocked, even though the effort would be minimal. The one dev who was sitting on the right seemed overly concerned about metrics about dungeon running time and how many players would visit those areas. Metrics can only tell you what players do; not *why* they do it, and it seems to me that much more important than metrics is the question, "does this make the dungeon more fun?"

The big gap between a rational and emotional approach, I would assume, only that one is needed more for this job I presume.
    I mean, that's what has been so hard to explain with the M16 changes, because if I was a more rational person I could see the pros of getting rid of a in various ways broken system of powershare/overpowered (de)buffing for example, but all I can often see is: <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I had a lot of fun.
    Fun is hard to measure and something else for everybody. Data isn't.

But man I had the most fun in the most absurd rubs, not in enforced trinity so and so k IL runs.
    - bye bye -
  • littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User

> @hustin1 said: I have to say that I'm not very confident about seeing the side areas unblocked, even though the effort would be minimal. The one dev who was sitting on the right seemed overly concerned about metrics about dungeon running time and how many players would visit those areas. Metrics can only tell you what players do; not *why* they do it, and it seems to me that much more important than metrics is the question, "does this make the dungeon more fun?"

The big gap between a rational and emotional approach, I would assume, only that one is needed more for this job I presume.

I mean, that's what has been so hard to explain with the M16 changes, because if I was a more rational person I could see the pros of getting rid of a in various ways broken system of powershare/overpowered (de)buffing for example, but all I can often see is: HAMSTER I had a lot of fun.

Fun is hard to measure and something else for everybody. Data isn't.

But man I had the most fun in the most absurd rubs, not in enforced trinity so and so k IL runs.

Very well said. My very first run of FBI when it launched on console - no tank. A MSPC, no healer. Many other examples of dungeon runs that occurred that were a blast. Good fun stuff, that no longer occurs.
    no new masterwork til sept? ouch. it would be nice if that could be moved way up. that's over a year of dead professions. it would really help the economy to bring that faster.
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    > @sunshinehappy#2439 said:
    > More scaling, more cutscenes added to dungeons.. This roadmap shows they know exactly what we want.

Cut scenes are awesome. Scaling sucks
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Where are the Hell pit events ? Nobody told us we had to run 5 to have the mount, yet nobody told us when the next one will be.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Is really nice to see the road map, but would be even more awesome if we had a plan for the whole calendar month by month

This would not only help the players to figure the time loops between then, but also give more value to the work done there will be a lot of stuff happening at same time if you add the road map to the planned calendar...

Some people i talked in my alliance have a hard time tring to figure the year ahead of us...

Anyway is NICE to see this kind of transparency from this game usually the only insight we had in neverwinter future was preview server and forum...

PS. of course you need to place a BIG statment "This is a PLAN not the official calendar"...