test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Tower of the Mad Mage Trial Release Delayed

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers,

We have made the decision to delay the release of the new Trial until sometime next week. While the plan was to open it tomorrow, we discovered some exploits and bugs at the last minute that we feel are important to address first in order to conserve the integrity of the Trial design and the player gameplay experience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate all the information and input from players that helped us identify the issues.

We will be updating this forum thread with any additional pertinent information.

Comments

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    Thats a bummer :/
  • arailem#1581 arailem Member Posts: 47 Arc User

oh well something that could benifit players sorted outinstantly. but temat took ages to sort out and all that time coud not get the drops for the boons. but as soon as a (exploit/bug) that might of benifited the players its STOP and you wont get it till we make sure its sorted out. While i agree that it should not be put live if there is a expliot/bug its just strange that any bug that benifit players is sorted out imiediately but any bug that holds up players is left for months before it is sorted out.

Exploits don't benefit players, no matter how blue you are in the fact to try and say otherwise.

They hurt them because those that exploit are doing it for nothing but greed/to create an unfair advantage against other players, and those that exploit rightfully deserve to be punished like those who exploited Barovian Hunts.
    Sunshine SaltmineIs only game, why you have to be so buttmad?
    > @fight#5797 said:
    > you all miss the point i was getting at you all picked up that i said it might benifit players. Not the fact that it takes ages to sort out timat that was a bug was it not ?. that bug did harm players. and any other bug that harms players takes a long time to sort out . the bug of timat was of there own making but they could not sort it out, I HAVE EDITED MY OTHER POST TO HILIGHT THAT I SAID I AGREE THAT IT SHOULD NOT GO OUT WITH EXPLIOT BUGS IN IT.so plz when you coment on my post coment on all of it not part because if taken out of context i can make anything seam different then the intent.

We get it, but noone cares about Tiamat, so whats the point?
    If the new Endgame content can be finished by abusing an exploit, that would be the worst case for this module.
  • savvje#5554 savvje Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    damnnnn, i was gonna annoy others to que for ToMM..

tom#6998 said:

> @fight#5797 said:

> you all miss the point i was getting at you all picked up that i said it might benifit players. Not the fact that it takes ages to sort out timat that was a bug was it not ?. that bug did harm players. and any other bug that harms players takes a long time to sort out . the bug of timat was of there own making but they could not sort it out, I HAVE EDITED MY OTHER POST TO HILIGHT THAT I SAID I AGREE THAT IT SHOULD NOT GO OUT WITH EXPLIOT BUGS IN IT.so plz when you coment on my post coment on all of it not part because if taken out of context i can make anything seam different then the intent.

If the new Endgame content can be finished by abusing an exploit, that would be the worst case for this module.

tom#6998 said:

> @fight#5797 said:

so you dont care about players that can not do what you did thats very thoughtful of you. you should care about all of the game . as i said and will say again i it should not go live till its sorted out.
    Tiamat is fine dude, idk what u are even talking about. Do u mean the bug where the boss became untargetable when someone went over the line to early? There was an easy fix, just dont step over the line.
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    It's always better to delay then rush things and regret later.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • huashan#7979 huashan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Greetings Adventurers,

We have made the decision to delay the release of the new Trial until sometime next week. While the plan was to open it tomorrow, we discovered some exploits and bugs at the last minute that we feel are important to address first in order to conserve the integrity of the Trial design and the player gameplay experience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate all the information and input from players that helped us identify the issues.

We will be updating this forum thread with any additional pertinent information.

A good thing ''unfortunately'', i don't know how you want us to run tomm capped to lomm, i'm dps and i'm doing WE everyday and all that i get is green-blue itens with defensive stats , i never did WE with 3 runes obviously, i don't want to waste a lot of stone of health and die like 10-20x because i'm not capped to kill that mobs and mini bosses. So, is the same system of watcher set, i need to run with 5 members and pray for my god to the dropped item come to me and with offensive status.... really ? what's the point cryptic? why you create this systems based on lucky? why we can't just collect coal magic in lomm and exchange in undermountain store or collect that itens dropped from gith or illith and choose what companiom gear we need? Basically if i want to do the new content even playing with '' end game '' account and not F*** everything there i will need to wait 2-4 months ? i can't understand cryptic mind, is like a woman...
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User

you all miss the point i was getting at you all picked up that i said it might benifit players. Not the fact that it takes ages to sort out timat that was a bug was it not ?. that bug did harm players. and any other bug that harms players takes a long time to sort out . the bug of timat was of there own making but they could not sort it out, I HAVE EDITED MY OTHER POST TO HILIGHT THAT I SAID I AGREE THAT IT SHOULD NOT GO OUT WITH EXPLIOT BUGS IN IT.so plz when you coment on my post coment on all of it not part because if taken out of context i can make anything seam different then the intent.

Tiamat was taken out for redesign. And its old content its not a priority.

ToMM is brand new, everyone wants to go there and do it. So it has priority and they know they need to fix things fast with it.
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User

Greetings Adventurers,

A good thing ''unfortunately'', i don't know how you want us to run tomm capped to lomm, i'm dps and i'm doing WE everyday and all that i get is green-blue itens with defensive stats , i never did WE with 3 runes obviously, i don't want to waste a lot of stone of health and die like 10-20x because i'm not capped to kill that mobs and mini bosses. So, is the same system of watcher set, i need to run with 5 members and pray for my god to the dropped item come to me and with offensive status.... really ? what's the point cryptic? why you create this systems based on lucky? why we can't just collect coal magic in lomm and exchange in undermountain store or collect that itens dropped from gith or illith and choose what companiom gear we need? Basically if i want to do the new content even playing with '' end game '' account and not F*** everything there i will need to wait 2-4 months ? i can't understand cryptic mind, is like a woman...
    U can cap ToMM stats with blue gear, even green. Or with the purple things from mod 16. It requires u do spend some AD to get stats in other ways, but its possible, ive done it 3 times to get ready for ToMM.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Better that it is delayed by 1 week and any outstanding bugs are fixed, then it goes live now and people complain about bugs.

Greetings Adventurers,

If you aren't easily able to cap your stats, then you aren't ready for tomm.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    nvm
  • huashan#7979 huashan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    fyrstigor said:

Greetings Adventurers,

U can cap ToMM stats with blue gear, even green. Or with the purple things from mod 16. It requires u do spend some AD to get stats in other ways, but its possible, ive done it 3 times to get ready for ToMM.

IMO they should make a few quests with companiom item in reward like M16, i don't think we can get all stats with green-blue itens, we will be missing CA or ACC and loow power obviously, i'm ''desesperated'' because i never dropped that ring in ME but i could hit the cap to lomm but tomm i think is impossible, to do this you need to down 15-20k power and the power there is necessary like any other status.

Better that it is delayed by 1 week and any outstanding bugs are fixed, then it goes live now and people complain about bugs.

Greetings Adventurers,

Is not about be able but about the trash rgn system.

• theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    @nitocris83

In the future, could we get a client built-in way to get informed about whether content gets pushed away or if a certain activity is considered exploit? It was an annoyance to explain in channels that there is "a post in the forums" and linking people out of the game they are playing, but I find ridiculous that I'm required to check the forums every single day for some information that should have been waaaay easier to find.

I'll get it, it was a last minute find, but there is zero indicator in-game to know about this. I only know that there is a timelock, because the patch notes said the trial will get a timelock. But it's not locked by the mentioned timelock in the patch notes, but an other.
  • wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Good call on your part. Somehow I find it a heck of a coincidence that I reported something very critical yesterday and this happened today. Anyways I'm hoping for a fix at the earliest. Ty
  • "We get it, but noone cares about Tiamat, so whats the point?"

I fail to agree. Tiamat is an important source of campaign currency. Met someone new to the game yesterday and his mind was blown when I told him Tiamat was a 25 person trial before mod 16.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Boom, there goes the little excitement i even had for this dungeon, just give me tales of old already, and we can move on to mod18, tnx
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • thyrannoothyrannoo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Allowed, without any form of harming pour souls:

It sucks to not being able to give an opinion, give a voice.

Hope you all work around the clock to fix the issues, and release ToMM: "Somewhere this week"

- Hodor
  • atleta11atleta11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    od ostatniej aktualizacji wszędzie wyświetla mi się "Untranslated: Character creation" nie mogę podejrzeć postaci jaki ma ubiór,
    jaka siła bronii itp. co się stało?
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

fyrstigor said:

Greetings Adventurers,

IMO they should make a few quests with companiom item in reward like M16, i don't think we can get all stats with green-blue itens, we will be missing CA or ACC and loow power obviously, i'm ''desesperated'' because i never dropped that ring in ME but i could hit the cap to lomm but tomm i think is impossible, to do this you need to down 15-20k power and the power there is necessary like any other status.

Greetings Adventurers,

You can cap your stats with the m16 pet gear and then 1 piece of blue gear from m17, which can be purchased off the Auction house. I was running the trial this way on preview. The m17 gear is not necessary, it is nice to have.
    Hello Sharp, by capping do you mean only offensively or overall?
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    There's no way you are capping ArmorPen/Crit/Accuracy/CA/Defense with that gear
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited August 2019

fyrstigor said:

Greetings Adventurers,

Greetings Adventurers,

You can cap your stats with the m16 pet gear and then 1 piece of blue gear from m17, which can be purchased off the Auction house. I was running the trial this way on preview. The m17 gear is not necessary, it is nice to have.
    Hello Sharp, by capping do you mean only offensively or overall?
    Overall. Here are my stats:

(Combat Advantage is 130k as well).
    With this gear:

The burnt belt is not required to cap your stats, I used the rare version of it before I dropped the epic version, you just need to swap the Iron Golem's Presence with the Green Slime. The rare version can be bought off the AH for like 1k AD. You can then trade the 10k power mount (which I am using) for an hp mount and you have enough HP as well. The Grimoire is a guaranteed quest result from the quest which unlocks the trial in the first place, so acquiring it is not an issue.

If for some reason you wish to not use any m17 gear, you can also cap your stats with the plated belt, choke chain and pearl ring. Seeing as how the 1 piece of gear can be bought off the AH and the other is a guaranteed quest reward, I see no reason to explain how to cap with worse gear in the first place.

There's no way you are capping ArmorPen/Crit/Accuracy/CA/Defense with that gear

Funnily enough, I am.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Because they dropped the ball with Tiamat in m16, they aren't allowed to take timely action in m17? Is that how it's supposed to work?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    no news yet? :/
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    300k HP enough..? I've been trying for 400k. And - 239k power... - I hate you. 😅
    No idea what my toon is now.
This discussion has been closed.