test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starlight Parcel Items

Comments

• tutelo#5367 tutelo Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Merry Christmas @miasmat and thank you for going through all this trouble to compensate us during your holidays. You deserve a bonus for going above and beyond! Go and enjoy the holidays.

Its a shame that some people are still complaining even after all the effort you've put into this.
  • queeny1983#2329 queeny1983 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So is it only people who sent in tickets or everyone affected on all toons automatically? I have the companion and 2 toons I've been opening loads of gifts on. I'm on PS4.
  • mofoconanmofoconan Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    @miasmat needs a raise!!! Best dev to date!!
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User

So is it only people who sent in tickets or everyone affected on all toons automatically? I have the companion and 2 toons I've been opening loads of gifts on. I'm on PS4.

Everyone affected while the bug was live (prior to this week's patch). So Starlight Parcels (not Starlight Bags) that were opened before the patch will be given to you once miasmat is able to do so.

Afa PS4 goes, last word was:
    miasmat said:

Do you have a real time frame for the ps4 users or any useful info for us?

Unfortunately, no. I have to leave town on Saturday evening. Without an automated solution, there's no way I'd get through PS4 by then. The people who can help me with it are all out of the country on vacations (who knew December was a good time to go to Europe?) and won't be available to help until we're back in the office Jan 2. I'll try a few more things Saturday morning, but I really doubt I'll be able to kick something off before I have to leave. I'm really sorry about that, but we'll work out the rest of the details before the winter festival ends.
    So it may not be until after New Year's, but it will be before the festival ends on Jan 5.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Chorusing the thank yous for @miasmat and for everyone who put in all the work. I'll be updating the original post in this thread one final time (to summarize for those who don't want to go through 14 pages of posts) and then shutting down to enjoy my Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

Chorusing the thank yous for @miasmat and for everyone who put in all the work. I'll be updating the original post in this thread one final time (to summarize for those who don't want to go through 14 pages of posts) and then shutting down to enjoy my Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.

What...you get days off ? Anyone would think it was Christmas or something....oh wait o:)

But seriously, have a good and relaxing Christmas @nitocris83 to get yourself ready for the fun and games when you get back to work >:)

• drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User

Many thamks to the dev team (and especially @miasmat) for the hard work. Have a very Happy Christmas!
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Hey @miasmat, just wondering, wouldn't macros help?
    FrozenFire
  • kooler#1416 kooler Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    It's strange as some of my friends, as well as my low-level characters, with Cyrillic names, have received the parcels on PS4 already. Is it a Christmas miracle or you've started early?
  • rohirmairohirmai Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    hmm I have 2 chars that have not received anything... what do I do?
  • cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Wait till the devs come back from the holiday.
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    While testing the automated process on PS4, I sent out replacements to about 200 characters starting at the end of the list, so they all had Cyrillic names. We'll get to the rest of the PS4 characters when we get back to the office on Jan 2. Sorry about the confusion.
  • bozzomalditobozzomaldito Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    Players below lvl 30 do not receive the starlightbag from the Gift of Simril. Because I had a character of lvl 28 and my group used more than 80 Gift of Simril and did not drop any starlight bag.And in the event it says nothing about the details of the event

• cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    That is not true. If you toon that can accept a starlight parcel (at lvl 15) you can get starlight bags from gifts. You just had really bad luck.
  • bozzomalditobozzomaldito Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    starlight parcel is gain with voucher npc, starlight bag u gain with Gift Simril.
    Starlight parcel is different from starlight bag

Do you understand what I mean?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

starlight parcel is gain with voucher npc, starlight bag u gain with Gift Simril.
    Starlight parcel is different from starlight bag

Do you understand what I mean?

Yes.. however, I have had guild members receive the Starlight Bags as low as level 21 (was lowest level we successfully tested with).
    That's strange... how many gifts did they use up during that testing?

I have a level 21 as well, and i participated in a 5+ gift group, that turned into close to 50 gifts given/received through Starlight Bag/Starlight Star drops for other members of the group, but all i did get on that character were more Starlight Stars and of course Lumen...

I read somewhere that you had to be level 30 to even receive Starlight Bags as drop?
    It would be great to get some official clarification on that - when the Devs are back from their well deserved holiday.

Anyway, as mentioned before, i'd like to thank the Devs for the fast bug fix/compensations, and the constant updates in this thread.

Take care, and Merry Christmas!
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    regenerde said:

I read somewhere that you had to be level 30 to even receive Starlight Bags as drop?

It most assuredly wasn't true last year but I don't have any under-30s this year.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I have noticed in gift groups with my alts (2) being in their low 20's aren't getting the star bags as well I figured it was just bad rng. But with 120 gifts used on me I figured wow bad luck then the next alt same thing. Maybe coincidence but haRd to imagine that bad of rng receiving 240 gifts to me. Oh well.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

Can someone please explain what the compensation will be for the bug? It's probably posted in here somewhere, but I don't have the time to start reading 14 pages anytime soon. Thanks in advance!

This bug isn't worth a compensation, but you got your bags reimbursed, you prolly thought it was a bug and opened them up when they appeared in your inventory :p
    FrozenFire
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Just came here to say thanks to @miasmat for his selfless and kind dedication to righting this mistake. Seriously bro, merry Christmas and I hope the community continues to shower you and anyone else involved with praise, y'all deserve every bit of it! :smile:<3
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • drewdaahole#7934 drewdaahole Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Ps4 gets the shaft as always because we spend more money than xbox and pc combined whats new
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

Players below lvl 30 do not receive the starlightbag from the Gift of Simril. Because I had a character of lvl 28 and my group used more than 80 Gift of Simril and did not drop any starlight bag.And in the event it says nothing about the details of the event

I have to agree with that, i shared about 300 gifts with 2 toons <30, i didn't receive ANY starlight bad from other players, while i get dozens and dozens on my different lvl 70 toons.
  • I think the higher level the toon is the better the drop rate and they have better chances at rarer items.I got a champions charger ystrdy haven't seen not one mentioned or up for trade,not even one in ah,lots of scarfs.so far I've gotten a bound coalescent ward (can't sell in ah), a scarecrow and the charger and a few preservation wards and lots of r5 ench a few r6. I can't get the big trade items I've had to trade n grind to get the things I could afford that I wanted.I love the game, the players are great but I wish it was a little more fair.
    Emiritus/Nameless Ghoul
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited December 2016

I think the higher level the toon is the better the drop rate and they have better chances at rarer items.I got a champions charger ystrdy haven't seen not one mentioned or up for trade,not even one in ah,lots of scarfs.so far I've gotten a bound coalescent ward (can't sell in ah), a scarecrow and the charger and a few preservation wards and lots of r5 ench a few r6. I can't get the big trade items I've had to trade n grind to get the things I could afford that I wanted.I love the game, the players are great but I wish it was a little more fair.

The Champions Charger is bugged, and is BtC on all drops, so they can't be traded, I got one of those, and a Watler, which seems to be bugged to always be BtC as well...

These are all from parcels btw, so they should really be BoE, at least imho...
This discussion has been closed.