test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Known Issues with Underdark

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
The following is a list of known major issues with Underdark:
  • Accepting multiple Elemental Artifact Weapon quests prevents the player from gaining progress in those quests. To work around the issue, a player may drop all of those Artifact quests, then accept only one. This will be addressed in an upcoming patch.
  • Certain gear given by Masterwork Professions currently has no required level. This will be addressed in an upcoming patch.
    Players currently cannot preview gear of other classes than their own. This will be addressed in an upcoming patch.
    Overflow transfer button only sends items to the first bag.
    Coupons don't properly appear on the drop down menu when purchasing an item from the Zen Market. Please choose the coupon you wish to use.

• At this time it is not possible to accept any masterwork quests from “The Artisan” in your guild stronghold if you currently have the quest “Weapons of Air,” “Weapons of Earth,” “Weapons of Fire,” or “Weapons of Water” in your journal. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and are working on a fix. In the meantime, dropping the elemental weapon quests will allow you to accept a masterwork quest from “The Artisan,” should you meet the other requirements, and have completed the hand-off quest “Don’t Say His Name” from “The Master of Coin.” As long as you retain the unawakened heart of the element corresponding to the weapon you are pursuing, you will continue to be able to earn motes from completing heroic encounters in the corresponding zone. In addition, your progress can be tracked in the heart’s tooltip.
  • An issue wherein examining chests in "Prophecy of Madness," "Throne of the Dwarven Gods," "Demogorgon" or "Epic Demogorgon" will cause the weekly cap on demonic ichor to behave as if you had obtained the ichor contained therein, regardless of whether or not you used a key and obtained the ichor. Until this issue is resolved, it is recommended that unless you intend to use a key to open the chest, or have already reached your weekly cap that you do not examine the contents of the chest. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and will have news once the issue has been resolved.
  • Demogorgon does not reward with Twisted Ichor
  • Crashes and freezes since 11/24
  • If a post on the AH does not work, try pressing clear or switching pages a few times.
  • Elemental Dousing Rods in the Trade Bar Store do not persist through death.
  • Masterwork Professions only gives items of higher types rather than ones needed.
  • Elven Battle Enchantment bug - you know the one.
  • GWF Unstoppable Bug
  • Foundry Rating Error

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Add this to this list Dusk armor set(party set bonus 2/2 1000 power 1000 defense 5000hp) not working!
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • xxxskywolfxxxxxxskywolfxxx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I collected my weekly limit of 400/400 demonic ichor - but i just got 310 in my inventory...
    and no i did not spend any demonic ichor jet...

• visael79visael79 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have the same problem with demonic ichor i got 362 and game says that i reached weekly limit - 400, and now no more ichor from skirmishes, heroic encounters etc.

p.s
    yes dusk armost doesnt work properly too, sometimes increase hp and power but never increase defense
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Ichor apparently counts towards your limit if you peek in a chest without taking anything. I expect that one will be added to the list imminently.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • eregerogeregerog Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Even though i already mentioned in another post, i'll mention it again because of the frustration it causes:

The normal demogoron fight sometimes rewards no rings at all even though the party archieved a silver rank (gold-bronze-gold) or better.

Expected result: Atleat a rare or better ring.
    (The chest does not seem to be affected by this bug)
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Both Skirmishes are just a rectangle with a few adds thrown into them and players just die out of pure boredom. This should be properly addressed. Even an amateur flash game is more complicated and thoughtfull than this game design wreck. ITs a direct insult to our intelligence, our time spent and dedication in this game and most of all an insult to the whole community. Thousands of players are waiting patiently for over 6 months to see SOME kind of ADVENTURE, either an OLD dungeon reworked or a NEW dungeon, a well designed SKIRMISH or a NEW AREA full of new enemies. And you managed to destroy these expectations by introducing the worst skirmishes ever. A static, repeated up to the point of lobotomy, fight with harmless adds that is TIMED...what kind of monetary support can u expect from any human being currently playing this game when, after so many great DUNGEONS you REMOVE them and introduce this total gaming wreck?
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Can you add this also:
    If your Black Ice Pick is in your last bag (the new slot that you gave us) you will not be able to mine Black Ice. Workaround is to put it in a higher bag.
    Frost Giant Moot quest in Icewind Pass is also not working normaly. The giant spawns and disappears with Demonic Encounters.
  • anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    I confirm the demonic Ichor. Wouuld be nice if the missing Ichor could be somehow farmed as the characters will fall back in character development

I confirm black ice pick in bag 6 will not work, "F" on a black ice node will tell you you need a pick
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I have dropped all Mote related quest except the "Fire" quest... still no Motes

T be more clear...

I dropped all quest including the "Fire quest" the "seed" stayed

Went back and got the "Fire Quest"

Fought the Scorpion... won "Great Victory"... No Motes
    Post edited by urlord283 on
  • anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    urlord283 said:

I have dropped all Mote related quest except the "Fire" quest... still no Motes

T be more clear...

I dropped all quest including the "Fire quest" the "seed" stayed

Went back and got the "Fire Quest"

Fought the Scorpion... won "Great Victory"... No Motes

In our guild, depending on player, we have a drop rate of 1 Mote in 10 HEs to 1 Mote in 5 HEs
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Players are unable to discard their hearts from the elemental weapon quest, should they decide to take another quest, this can create an issue, plus it uses up bag space.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • massey08massey08 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    A minor issue, pertaining to the tradebar shop; I purchased a stack of 5x preservation wards and did not receive them. I double checked my log to make sure. Although minor, if it were a more expensive item, it would have been a far less than trival issue. I'm unsure if that short downtime involved any fixes, but if it did then perhaps this is already resolved.
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Prophecy of Madness: Reaching GOLD doesnt stop the timer in 2 first phases. This is a waste of time, adding the fact that this skirmish is so badly designed, it creates tremendous amounts of boredom for players. By gating the BiS rings behind this horrible skirmish you make all players play something they DONT WANT TO. This is one of the worst bugs this mod has. Would it be possible for the designer that created this abomination to come forward and explain what it can be done to make this a proper skirmish, appropriate for the high level PVE content this game used to have?
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    [Drowcraft Tunic][Drowcraft Tights]
    Does NOT heal allies. Only the player wearing them.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    weekly limit 400 ichor i have 280 any not drop ichor need fix.
  • mrsspireamrsspirea Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I have 25 motes now and it completely stopped dropping, did a lot of Fire HE's in fiery pit and nothing more. It is like it capped at 25. I need help, since this is my main priority!
  • gwalaplothgwalaploth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    I would think fixing the Ichor issue would be right on the top of the list and implemented immediately (if not sooner). I have one character that to the best of my knowledge did not peek in a chest and he still capped out at 330.
    I think updating these known issues should come first so people know the problems.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User

At this time it is not possible to accept any masterwork quests from “The Artisan” in your guild stronghold if you currently have the quest “Weapons of Air,” “Weapons of Earth,” “Weapons of Fire,” or “Weapons of Water” in your journal. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and are working on a fix. In the meantime, dropping the elemental weapon quests will allow you to accept a masterwork quest from “The Artisan,” should you meet the other requirements, and have completed the hand-off quest “Don’t Say His Name” from “The Master of Coin.” As long as you retain the unawakened heart of the element corresponding to the weapon you are pursuing, you will continue to be able to earn motes from completing heroic encounters in the corresponding zone. In addition, your progress can be tracked in the heart’s tooltip.
    Question about this. I have dropped the quest "Weapons of Air" and in the middle of my masterwork quests. I'm also reaching 100 motes soon. Would I be able to get my weapons without dropping the masterwork quests to pick up "Weapons of Air"? or am I able to get the weapons without the quest?
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • indalordindalord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    BUG :
    I'd like to report 1 bug . One recent with stats on water weapons (at least for HR); It seems that the stats are not correctly working. eg. the recovery does not induce any change in the % of AP gain etc..

ty
    Post edited by indalord on
    Indalord I & II
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    indalord said:

An OLD one : with cube of augmentation. It is not possible to increase the value after the first roll. A new cube of augmentation = no change, you just loose 12K AD.

That sounds like simple bad luck within the way the system works. If you roll a lower number, the game discards it and keeps your existing value. That could happen multiple times in a row, and the higher your current value, the less likely you are to roll a better one.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • brotherhades78brotherhades78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    It looks like the Chests from Prophecy of Madness and Throne of the Dwarven Gods are not giving out all the rewards shown even if accepted. Both keys I have used, at the least, it has failed to give me the Demonic Ichor, it has given the rings both times, but no ichor and I am not sure on the other items as I did not keep a tally prior to doing the skirmishes. I know it did not give the Ichor because as I hit the gate on Sunday I had 390 ichor but showing (400/400) and after the reset having just run Prophecy of Madness skirmish my Ichor is sitting at a 70 point increase and my weekly tally is (80/400)
  • vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    Three issues I have run across:

I cannot get a complete for the SH quest to do Throne of the Dwarven Kings Skirmish. I have done it multiple times, drop and readded it and waited a day before reattempting and still no credit. I have completed the skirmish with both bronze and silver level but not a gold level.

There is an issue with having potions or first aid kits in the last bag as well. When you double click on them they swap to your hot bar instead of using them. If I move them to another bag then they work fine.

In IWD the AB quest Frost Giant Moot, the giant you have to talk to only seems to appear when the Demonic HE is running right next to him.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Mine now says (for ichor): 384 (weekly limit 404/400)
    Okay, so I'd like to open the ichor box to get to the 400
    I need to buy armor, but it says I've already done that,
    so I can't open it.

btw, 404/400?
    Is that a 404 joke? ;)

UPDATE: The patch didn't correct the 404 or my inability to add ichor.

Post edited by obsiddia on
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • indalordindalord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User

indalord said:

An OLD one : with cube of augmentation. It is not possible to increase the value after the first roll. A new cube of augmentation = no change, you just loose 12K AD.

That sounds like simple bad luck within the way the system works. If you roll a lower number, the game discards it and keeps your existing value. That could happen multiple times in a row, and the higher your current value, the less likely you are to roll a better one.

Ty i thought we have an increase with each new roll. Coz i was really lucky on previous weapons and less with these new ones.
    Indalord I & II
  • abxyxxxabxyxxx Member Posts: 20 Arc User

I collected my weekly limit of 400/400 demonic ichor - but i just got 310 in my inventory...
    and no i did not spend any demonic ichor jet...

It's a bug right now where if you look inside a chest from the skirmishes or Demo, but not actually use you key and take the stuff, the ichor in the chest still counts towards your weekly limit even though you didnt take it
  • destroth#1564 destroth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Glorious Resurgence Artifact Provisions has text stating that it would reward 2 epic level refining stones, 2 rare level refining stones and then one of three different options. It is not providing the 2 epic level refining stones. I'm not sure if this is a mistake in the text or not; but it definitely said it gave two of the epic and rare level refining stones; not two of either the epic or the rare.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Yes, I did examine and decline a chest in the Throne of the Dwarven Gods, maybe that's why I cannot complete the quest.

• Accepting multiple Elemental Artifact Weapon quests prevents the player from gaining progress in those quests. To work around the issue, a player may drop all of those Artifact quests, then accept only one. This will be addressed in an upcoming patch.
    • Certain gear given by Masterwork Professions currently has no required level. This will be addressed in an upcoming patch.
    • Players currently cannot preview gear of other classes than their own. This will be addressed in an upcoming patch.
    • Overflow transfer button only sends items to the first bag.
    • Coupons don't properly appear on the drop down menu when purchasing an item from the Zen Market. Please choose the coupon you wish to use.
    • At this time it is not possible to accept any masterwork quests from “The Artisan” in your guild stronghold if you currently have the quest “Weapons of Air,” “Weapons of Earth,” “Weapons of Fire,” or “Weapons of Water” in your journal. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and are working on a fix. In the meantime, dropping the elemental weapon quests will allow you to accept a masterwork quest from “The Artisan,” should you meet the other requirements, and have completed the hand-off quest “Don’t Say His Name” from “The Master of Coin.” As long as you retain the unawakened heart of the element corresponding to the weapon you are pursuing, you will continue to be able to earn motes from completing heroic encounters in the corresponding zone. In addition, your progress can be tracked in the heart’s tooltip.
    • An issue wherein examining chests in "Prophecy of Madness," "Throne of the Dwarven Gods," "Demogorgon" or "Epic Demogorgon" will cause the weekly cap on demonic ichor to behave as if you had obtained the ichor contained therein, regardless of whether or not you used a key and obtained the ichor. Until this issue is resolved, it is recommended that unless you intend to use a key to open the chest, or have already reached your weekly cap that you do not examine the contents of the chest. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and will have news once the issue has been resolved.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Yes, I did examine and decline a chest in the Throne of the Dwarven Gods, maybe that's why I cannot complete the quest. That could also show why I have more ichor towards weekly completion than I have in reality.

• Players currently cannot preview gear of other classes than their own. This will be addressed in an upcoming patch.
    • Overflow transfer button only sends items to the first bag.
    • Coupons don't properly appear on the drop down menu when purchasing an item from the Zen Market. Please choose the coupon you wish to use.