test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Underdark Preview Patch Notes NW.55.20151105a.2

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • Demogorgon
    • Further balance tweaks have been made to the Demogorgon fight, both normal and epic.
    • Gold should be more difficult to achieve.
    • Golden runes should now consistently appear when the Goristro phase is active.
    • Grazilaxx now instructs players to enter the Sanity Wells.
    • Madness stacks are now properly cleared when entering the safe area.
    • Players are no longer kept in combat after Demogorgon is defeated on Normal mode.
    • Sanity Wells no longer spawn in the center of the combat space.
    • The buffs gained when the final phase is down to Bronze are now more powerful.
    • The Goristro no longer occasionally becomes stuck on the outer edge of the combat space.
Content and Environment
  • Prophecy of Madness
    • End-of-phase scoring now correctly matches during-phase scoring.
    • The Bronze bar now properly displays during the Balor fight.
    • Faerzress turn-ins are now worth an additional point, properly allowing players to reach Gold.
  • Mantol-Derith now caps at 25 players.
  • Many improvements have been made to the audio throughout the new content, including voice-over improvements and combat audio for new enemies.
  • Players no longer occasionally spawn stuck in the Mantol-Derith docks.
  • Stronghold Siege (PvP): Players may no longer interact with the Spore Tower while in combat.
  • There is now a small rift to accompany the projection in Mantol-Derith.
  • The Illithilich projection in Mantol-Derith now uses the correct model.
  • The Demogorgon projection in Mantol-Derith is now taller.

Items and Economy
  • Astral Resonators now directly grant between 40,000 and 50,000 Astral Diamonds.
    • This change only affects gameplay. The sum of Astral Diamonds, and the chances for those rewards, have not changed.
  • Companions that have been removed from the Trade Bar Store are no longer available in the Grand Emporium.
  • Pure Holy Avenger Enchantment no longer incorrectly references Astral Resonators.
  • The Astral Diamond cost has been removed from the following campaign tasks:
    • Sharandar: Malabog's Castle Key
    • Dread Ring: Valindra's Tower Key
    • Icewind Dale: Kessell's Retreat Key
    • Tyranny of Dragons: Mystic Dragon Key
    • Tyranny of Dragons: Arcane Dragon Key
    • Tyranny of Dragons: Dragon Queen's Key
  • The Epic Gas Spore now properly states that it gives Stamina Regeneration, rather than Maximum Stamina Regeneration.
  • The Spore Tower now requires more Food and Wood, and much less Metal and Stone.
  • The Spore Tower requires fewer difficult-to-gain currencies.
User Interface
Cutscenes
  • The quests authored by R.A. Salvatore now have updated title card art.
Gear Preview
  • Players can no longer preview gear for other classes than their own.
Home Page
  • A more thematically appropriate image now displays on the Demogorgon event.
HUD
  • The Corruption bar in the Throne of the Dwarven Gods skirmish is no longer offset.
Inventory and Item Tooltips
  • When splitting stacks, players may now enter values above 999.
Stronghold
  • The Stronghold Overview UI has seen minor improvements.
Stores
  • Tab titles are no longer cut off.
Trade Bar Store
  • When opening the Trade Bar Store remotely, the Zen Market now properly opens.
Graphics and Visual Effects
  • Drizzt now holds his weapons correctly.
  • Many visual effects and animations have been improved and polished in the Demogorgon boss fight.
  • Various cutscenes have been improved.
Stability and Performance
  • A crash related to Abyssal Tears in Prophecy of Madness and the Demogorgon fight has been addressed.
Known Issues
  • Ring of Natural Order: This item is currently unavailable while we review the efficacy of its effect.

Comments

• kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    "The Astral Diamond cost has been removed from the following campaign tasks: "

Nice work, but why this:

"Gear Preview

Players can no longer preview gear for other classes than their own."

It was fun dressing my GWF like a TR.. I know, it's useless. But it was fun.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    hey terra whens this goin to server?

also will the crafting quest or recipes be there?

whens preview gateway coming up?

gg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    terramak said:

Items and Economy

The Astral Diamond cost has been removed from the following campaign tasks:
    • all the keys
    This is an excellent change. Thanks a bunch, sincerely.
    terramak said:

Gear Preview

I consider this direction a bit odd considering the ability to preview gear for other classes was specifically talked up in the dev blog about it, but... ok?

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    class said:

Still need to change the timers on them. Twenty hours is ridiculous. Should be able to burn through as many keys as you've farmed currency for otherwise it still feels like the game is telling me to stop playing until I have a key. VIP keys help but it still doesn't eliminate the feeling where it's like, "welp I'm out of keys guess I'm done with dungeons for the day".
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The Astral Diamond cost has been removed from the following campaign tasks:
    all keys

A good change, but what about the AD fees on campaign boons?
    Not to mention AD fees on companion upgrades and other things...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    Well, nice change for AD cost for keys. But t1 is already more rewarding than t2. Should t2 grants a boss drip or something ?

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    @terramak
    hi, new rings, if i give them to my companion, they work, my companion has ring-buff but does not have stats.its normal?
    urabask said:

class said:

Still need to change the timers on them. Twenty hours is ridiculous. Should be able to burn through as many keys as you've farmed currency for otherwise it still feels like the game is telling me to stop playing until I have a key. VIP keys help but it still doesn't eliminate the feeling where it's like, "welp I'm out of keys guess I'm done with dungeons for the day".
    agree with all
    @terramak
    Fey Blessing Enchantment 12lvl does not work! 30 min in different zones - 0 drop.
  • anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    Terramak masterwork proffesion will be on the previev before official launch?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    "Companions that have been removed from the Trade Bar Store are no longer available in the Grand Emporium."

???

What was removed? Are certain companions becoming completely unavailable?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited November 2015
    The phase spider and fire archon are both downgraded to green quality for 800 bars, consistent with all the added companions.

The emporium probably still had them in original form.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    hustin1 said:

"Companions that have been removed from the Trade Bar Store are no longer available in the Grand Emporium."

???

What was removed? Are certain companions becoming completely unavailable?

No companions that were previously available have become unavailable.

The phase spider and fire archon are both downgraded to green quality for 800 bars, consistent with all the added companions.

The emporium probably still had them in original form.

This is correct, the patch notes should read:
    • All companions available in the Trade Bar store are now available at the Grand Emporium for the same price.
    • An issue wherein the phase spider and fire archon were still available at their original quality and price in the Grand Emporium has been resolved.
    anim3k said:

Terramak masterwork proffesion will be on the previev before official launch?

In order to ensure knowledge regarding masterwork profession recipes, material costs, etc. disseminate equally regardless of player engagement in the preview shard, masterwork professions will not be available on preview.

terramak said:

Gear Preview

I consider this direction a bit odd considering the ability to preview gear for other classes was specifically talked up in the dev blog about it, but... ok?

Apologies for any confusion this may have caused. This change to gear preview—only allowing you to preview equipment for your class—was due to a communication issue on our end and is being reverted. It should be back to normal in time for Module 8's release, if not, soon after.

edited November 2015
    The final patch notes should probably read that it's a temporary change condition if it's not corrected in time for release. Thanks for clarifying.

Can't really be a change to something that's never been live before. I hate not being able to ninja-edit my own posts.

Neverwinter Census 2017

The final patch notes should probably read that it's a temporary change condition if it's not corrected in time for release. Thanks for clarifying.

Can't really be a change to something that's never been live before. I hate not being able to ninja-edit my own posts.

It will appear as a known issue if we can't make the fix in time for Module 8's release.
  • themaster7021themaster7021 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Maybe you can tell us, why we can't enter the demogorgon fight? It says that i don't meet the requirements. I have lvl 70 and 2,380 iLvL. Sooo why i can't enter the fight?
    asterdahl said:

It will appear as a known issue if we can't make the fix in time for Module 8's release.
    Cool, thanks!

Neverwinter Census 2017

• izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Can we have limitation of players in instances? Especially Well of Dragons and Icewindale. 40 people in one place i sway too much. It destroys gameplay and couses lags.
    valwryn said:

The Demogorgan still says that I don't meet the 2k IL requirement. :'(

Our quality assurance team hasn't been able to reproduce this issue. What map did you attempt to queue from? Was it epic or regular demogorgon? What stage of the Underdark campaign were you in at the time?
  • anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

valwryn said:

The Demogorgan still says that I don't meet the 2k IL requirement. :'(

Our quality assurance team hasn't been able to reproduce this issue. What map did you attempt to queue from? Was it epic or regular demogorgon? What stage of the Underdark campaign were you in at the time?
    U cant Unlock Epic Demogorgan,without pass normal one.For example i cant enter to normal ,So is imposibble to get epic;/.
  • cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    It is probably because everyone is still using their old copied characters from live servers to queue up for normal demogorgon every half hour in mantol derith.
    Should we copy a new one and unlock the key to epic demogorgon once more asterdahl?
  • grndma2soongrndma2soon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Epic Demogorgon still has "Does Not meet requirements" I have opened in campaign and have 3.7 item lvl. Is there something I'm missing? I was able to do when it was a skirmish. There a numerous people that were with me with the same issue.
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    i saw a change on preview if you have not seeing it yet you guys are gonna be very happy with it for i am ecstatic about it
    ps. no giving out spoilers :wink:
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Only thing new that I saw is a cheaper Dancing Blade. Hope it is not a typo.lol

Technically they dropped the prices on companion upgrades a bit. 50k/250k/500k/1,000k. Still doesn't really help much since the biggest hurdles were legendary and epic upgrades. Still going to end up spending 3 million on companion upgrades : |
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • deadshadows86deadshadows86 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    urabask said:

Only thing new that I saw is a cheaper Dancing Blade. Hope it is not a typo.lol

Technically they dropped the prices on companion upgrades a bit. 50k/250k/500k/1,000k. Still doesn't really help much since the biggest hurdles were legendary and epic upgrades. Still going to end up spending 3 million on companion upgrades : |
    Well, thx for the new price post, didn't want to connect on preview just for seeing the new price ... (and anyway i've got all my pets already epic + 1 legendary so ... i don't care much :p)

The only thing i would be happy about would be the fix for elven battle with ITF ...
This discussion has been closed.