test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: Improved Trade Bar Store

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Take a look at how the Tarmalune Trade Bar Store will be reworked with Underdark: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9624953

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    omg awesome im buy a lot keys with 40% discount!!!! AWESOME
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Yes yes yes....thank you
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    metalldjt said:

i am not sure about this changes, as they are cheaper on the vendor, we are goin to sell them cheaper on Auction House.

basically the lesser negations etc will drop in price, this is another hit on the market honestly.

this will make the player not use auction house as before.

so players wont be able to gain any more profit from those items, while players will prefer to open lockboxes.

Most of what you get from lockboxes are just campaign/companion/artifiact kits. Those still sell well enough so most of the value in lockboxes is pretty static.

Weapon enchants will be everywhere though.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    this changes will be good for anyone who is not a millionaire or who chose not exploit the game beyond the more simply buy a "subscription" and if not lucky in lockboxes spoon something decent in tarmalune trade. so I hope however that does not reduce the drop of tarmalunes!

btw one more good step to the right direction.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

i am not sure about this changes, as they are cheaper on the vendor, we are goin to sell them cheaper on Auction House.

basically the lesser negations etc will drop in price, this is another hit on the market honestly.

Yes, this change should have the effect of dramatically lowering the prices on weapon and armor enchantments.

How is cheaper enchantments a bad thing for the players again?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    So awesome, looking forward to this! Thank you! Cannot wait to see what else is in store!
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    This will motivate people to get on VIP I think. I like it alot.
    twitch.tv/kaligold

metalldjt said:

Yes, this change should have the effect of dramatically lowering the prices on weapon and armor enchantments.

How is cheaper enchantments a bad thing for the players again?
    PvP drama queens won't be the only ones with T. Feytouched and T. Negation lol.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    I will say... tentative awesome. @strumslinger - Will these items be BoE, BoP, or BoC?
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    As long as I can get myself a pseudo dragon for a cheap honest price from tradebars. All I ever wanted in life...
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    This is welcomed news indeed.

But here is a question, will the account wide trade bars be making their debut at the same time?
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2015

I will say... tentative awesome. @strumslinger - Will these items be BoE, BoP, or BoC?

@blackjackwidow Which items are you referring to?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Super awesome!
    va8Ru.gif
    What about the epic lockbox mounts and uncommon lockbox artifact prices? They listed everything but those.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    How about updating the Vault of Piety while you're at it? I know it's not likely to happen because it doesn't generate money, but it would be nice.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User

Any of the items. At present I open lockboxes with a single character as T-Bars are not an account wide currency (this would be nice :smile: ) so if companions are BoP this would then negate the advantage of having them in the store. Bind to Account would be the best result I feel.
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Oh, and this is a great move. Thanks for this chaps - good decisions.
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Big thumbs up!
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
    Will you guys be making tradebar amounts less random? Getting 1 tradebar from a box often is really discouraging.
    xenotorch said:

Any of the items. At present I open lockboxes with a single character as T-Bars are not an account wide currency (this would be nice :smile: ) so if companions are BoP this would then negate the advantage of having them in the store. Bind to Account would be the best result I feel.
    They already announced that you'll be able to transfer tradebars between characters.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I mostly lurk, but this is something I'll post about.

Thank you. This is good news.

I have only ever purchased Coal Wards from the TB store. Because at 200 a piece, I couldn't afford to spend them on anything else if I wanted more than my main to have a weapon enchant. With the Ensorcelled Arsenal, weapon enchantment slots are no longer exclusive to end game. Now I can actually consider buying something else and still get my Coal wards.

When the AD nerf came down (understandable, but still very painful), I started regretting the 12 months of VIP I had already purchased. Since part of that is a free key every day, this is going a long way to improve this player's morale. :)
  • aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Could we suggest to take a same look at the wondrous bazaar and change some things in here as well?
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    urabask said:

xenotorch said:

They already announced that you'll be able to transfer tradebars between characters.
    Indeed. There's a trade bar currency option in your shared bank space on Preview, so you can bank your Trade Bars and share them with all your characters.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    Bravo!, there are the news that will get old players back to game and encourage new players. There are more things left to balance and fix tho, but for now i give u a bravo!.
    It's time for trasmutation and vault of piety to be upgraded!. Trasmutation should see not cost in AD.
  • rondy44rondy44 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Yep, now you talking

: )
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,373 Arc User

urabask said:

xenotorch said:

Indeed. There's a trade bar currency option in your shared bank space on Preview, so you can bank your Trade Bars and share them with all your characters.
    This is even better. Cool.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I see that the ADX and AH will be experiencing another avalanch with the Trabe Bar changes. I do have a couple of questions:
    1. How will this effect Zen Coupons from invocation? (half the coupons that drop seem to be for fashion items)
    2. Will the Trade Bars and Silvery Dragon Scales be combining into 1 currency? (Please)
    If all Zen fashion are being moved I hope the prices are a little more reasonable like 50-75 bars a piece. The current 500 per piece for the current ones makes my heart shrivel up.