test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upcoming Changes to Influence

commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone,

We are aware of an issue regarding a bottleneck with influence gain and apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

We’re looking into a solution to increase the amount of influence each guild member can earn per day and anticipate a fix very soon.

Keep an eye on the patch notes for more information.
Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Thank you very much for this! :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks, Sean!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Good to hear. :)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,295 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Now, when will the dragon return? Or, it returned already? I did not check today.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    dwarf75dwarf75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    wow that has been a very fast reaction for our devs :) thank you
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    We’re looking into a solution to increase the amount of influence each guild member can earn per day and anticipate a fix very soon.

+500 Influence for doing an 'eligible' 15minute FOUNDRY QUEST? WHAAAAT!?!

THAT'S AMAZING. ;D

NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

THAT'S AMAZING. ;D

I'd play it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    All I can say is...
    giphy.gif

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Thank you so much.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    We really appreciate the quick response.

While you're at it, please try to fix the non-standard reset time (just let the timer reset at 3 AM PST like everything else), and the bug on characters not getting influence when they should.

Even when you start off on a fresh cycle, so your character gets a 60 influence reward in the first HE, 60-30-15-10-5 can easily turn into 60-15-0-0-0.

A possible reason for this reward bug is that sometimes ctrl-F doesn't give you the HE reward right away. If I click ctrl-F a couple times trying to get it to resolve, it eventually does -- but I think I get a lower Influence reward, as if those extra clicks had been "ghost" rewards of higher influence.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    A possible reason for this reward bug is that sometimes ctrl-F doesn't give you the HE reward right away. If I click ctrl-F a couple times trying to get it to resolve, it eventually does -- but I think I get a lower Influence reward, as if those extra clicks had been "ghost" rewards of higher influence.

I have noticed this as well...​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    We really appreciate the quick response.

While you're at it, please try to fix the non-standard reset time (just let the timer reset at 3 AM PST like everything else), and the bug on characters not getting influence when they should.

Even when you start off on a fresh cycle, so your character gets a 60 influence reward in the first HE, 60-30-15-10-5 can easily turn into 60-15-0-0-0.

Well that could explain it, I've been having that issue with clicking too, it would make sense for that to be related to my lack of ab ility to get influence.

• Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    in simple words. 2+2=5 for more than few months. Now youll fix math. Interesting, anyway every1 is happy i quess. 4 years of influence farming is a bit to much
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2015

THAT'S AMAZING. ;D

Yay @torontodave! You made my day!! :D

NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited August 2015

THAT'S AMAZING. ;D

Actually this is a good idea, I'll rather do some random foundry for the adventure power shards than some 3 dailies of a campaign I've finished long long time ago and have no wish to repeat.
    Or over getting influence by killing the same HEs over and over again......

This is a great opportunity to give the foundries some value, and make use of the enormous quest pool it gives. .
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    WOW... thanks for getting on this so fast! All I can say is...

Dancing_Girl_in_white_pants.gif
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Thank you!
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    plasticbat wrote: »
    Now, when will the dragon return? Or, it returned already? I did not check today.

From the thread on that:
    asterdahl wrote: »
    So what about some news?

Still working on it? Patching will come soon?

Let us now, your avancement.

We've identified the issue and are working on getting a fix in and on LIVE asap. Expect an update as soon as the scheduled time is final.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Hey everyone,

We are aware of an issue regarding a bottleneck with influence gain and apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

Keep an eye on the patch notes for more information.

I'm glad that you guys are working on a solution to this. If I may be so bold - how about offering some amount of influence for completing missions while teamed w/ fellow guild members, or attach influence awards to the various side quests you can get while in the Stronghold, (like defeating the named enemies, or defeating 100 enemies, etc)?

Another idea would be to add tasks to all professions which basically award (BtA or BoP) vouchers for various SH currencies.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    At the moment influence is not the problem my guild has, it is the adventurer's shard of power just to make the farm. At only 20 a day per character it will take forever to get to 1500.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    Hey, some good news for a change...
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    It'd be nice if we had a hard, or even a soft, DATE for the changes.
  • Options
    tessamorseltessamorsel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    thank you.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    That's very good news. Thanks!
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    you could just make it a flat 10 after the first few 60 30 15 10 10 10 10 till reset otehrwise people need a lot of chars to contribute much to a guild t3 stronghold is 65k influence t2 was like 24k on that curve it will be 100k for t4 how is a guild with 20 or 30 active players but not a lot of max rank alts mean to gain more then a few 1000 a day even if they have 1000 combined play hours a week?

but its good to hear your working on it

i hope theres a solution that allows someone that has 1 uber elite char to contribute as much as someone with 10 barely setup chars for the same amount of time input though
  • Options
    dwarf75dwarf75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    just cancel the cap every HE can give 10 so that small but hard working guilds can compete
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    just reset it like the dailies and stuff :3