test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upcoming Changes to Influence

Comments

• Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Not sure I understand how the reset works for influence. On one toon I can get the full 120, but on others I'm lucky if I get 45 before all I get is a single R5 (even the RP stuff gets cut off making for very unrewarding questing). Is there a timer responsible for this (perhaps the same evil one responsible for ruining dragon hoards)?
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    thanks for the fast respont dude!

you earned a speghetti pomodorini e mozzarella home made from my mum! :)

Damn, now you made me hungry... :|
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Appreciate it :) Thats one of the more frustrating aspects of strongholds right now.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    So far our guild has seen two ways of the influence bugging - one we've managed to work around. The ctrl+f sometimes bugs and doesn't claim the reward, however it seem that when this happens we don't get influence - click the claim button on the right though is working.

The other time we don't get it, appears to be when you don't get any reward for a HE - sadly no work around, it just means you've missed out on that lot of influence.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    "I understand this might be the result of an attempt to thwart HE hit and runs.In this case, the deterring factor is overreaching and resulting in an annoying, negative experience"

Yeah but that doesn't make any sense because we're playing on a separate instance where only guild members can hang on. So none really want's to "steal" our influence.

So I agree, it's just stupid and has to be addressed asap. Influence is one of main SH currencies and we're all crazy to get it as fast as we can - and now it's bugged as hell.

We should get something like double influence weekend maybe :) ?

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    This is great news! Tnx for listening devs :smiley:
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    It is now 400 Influence a day on Preview. The first is 150. :)

Now things should get moving until GH 10, then we'll all demand more!!!! ;)
  • Options
    thunderlore2thunderlore2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    The Patch notes are wow! THe changes to influence are really nice very glad to see swift changes to adjust the lack of few things in the strongholds. Player demands+cryptic adjustment= FUN! :smiley:
  • Options
    commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of the great responses so far. I wanted to let you all know that we're investigating the issues that have been posted here regarding lag when trying to claim your HE reward and subsequently getting lower influence because of it. I've seen it a few times myself while playing the Stronghold HE's.

We're also investigating a better daily cooldown for Influence instead of the current per-player 20 hour timer.

Thanks again for all your feedback and please keep it coming!
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Thanks dev this is a GREAT change, THANK YOU and THANK YOUUUU!!!!! :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    Excellent news! really appreciate your swift response here B)

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • Options
    commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
    Hi again everyone,

Our lead programmer has uncovered what was triggering an issue with certain HE's "lagging" when you hit Ctrl+F, causing players to not receive their proper Influence. I'll be working on a fix for this today and hopefully we will get this change out soon.

Our hope is to also release this fix with another tweak we are working on, which is changing the Influence daily cap to reset at 3 AM every day instead of the personal 20 hour cooldown.

Please keep an eye out on patch notes for when these changes go live and please keep posting your feedback related to any issues you're seeing with Strongholds, we appreciate it!
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2015
    Thanks, Sean!
    Post edited by strumslinger on

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    You guys are allowed to sleep too, @commanderander... lol

Edited to add:
    Should we just hold off on CTRL+F until the fix is implemented, or does it not really matter either way?
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    matisszmatissz Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    run 5 encounters after 21/08 patch and did get 35 influence, no way near 400. also it was more then 20 hours after previous first influence gain, as I ran it after 20/08 update
  • Options
    sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Our lead programmer has uncovered what was triggering an issue with certain HE's "lagging" when you hit Ctrl+F, causing players to not receive their proper Influence. I'll be working on a fix for this today and hopefully we will get this change out soon.

*confetti* yay!
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    amvek wrote: »
    This class balance is never going to happen! The have announced mod 8 so that means they are working on it. They have said they are attempting to fix stuff from mod 6 and attempting to finish mod 7. Class balance is never going to happen they have no time to do it!

I see your pessimism and raise it by 100, they cannot find time to fix basic bugs, so how are they ever going to make the time to fine tune class balance.

• Options
    psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Thank you for relieving some of the pressure on the influence bottleneck. It would also be nice if we could get the Stronghold vouchers, shards, and influence moved to the RICHES INVENTORY TAB. This becomes more of an issue when a donation category (such as Heroic Shards of Power) becomes maximized. It was very nice to see a way to remove all the unused excess campaign currencies, but unfortunate to see so many new currency items that take up regular bag space. Even characters with maximum storage capabilities are starting to run into issues (especially as we start hoarding those double enchantments for the upcoming Double RP weekend)
    Post edited by psistarprime on
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    Thank you for relieving some of the pressure on the influence bottleneck. It would also be nice if we could get the Stronghold vouchers, shards, and influence moved to the RICHES INVENTORY TAB. This becomes more of an issue when a donation category (such as Heroic Shards of Power) becomes maximized. It was very nice to see a way to remove all the unused excess campaign currencies, but unfortunate to see so many new currency items that take up regular bag space. Even characters with maximum storage capabilities are starting to run into issues (especially as we start hoarding those double enchantments for the upcoming Double RP weekend)

Doubt it will happen. More bag sales!
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Do people actually buy bags?
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Seems like this is still not fixed with todays patch on live, was it supposed to be?
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Is this account wide or something? When I work on my 3rd character I no longer get any influence.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    We’re looking into a solution to increase the amount of influence each guild member can earn per day and anticipate a fix very soon.

+500 Influence for doing an 'eligible' 15minute FOUNDRY QUEST? WHAAAAT!?!

THAT'S AMAZING. ;D

Good and bad here. Good that the Influence is included, bad that it's tied to the 15 minute eligibility. It would be better if there was an RNG Influence booster in the end chest, this would mean players wouldn't just flock to the shortest possible eligible quest (though the booster would also create a "farming" mentality). Many of us make quests in excess of 15 minutes, for a while, it was even more difficult than it has been recently to garner player interest for anything that wasn't near 15 minutes in length.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    matisszmatissz Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Today got 55 influence, when this will be fixed?
  • Options
    killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of the great responses so far. I wanted to let you all know that we're investigating the issues that have been posted here regarding lag when trying to claim your HE reward and subsequently getting lower influence because of it. I've seen it a few times myself while playing the Stronghold HE's.

We're also investigating a better daily cooldown for Influence instead of the current per-player 20 hour timer.

Thanks again for all your feedback and please keep it coming!

+1000

We all greatly appreciate the raised cap to 400. Can you please consider a small boost again up to 500?