test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Combat League!

Comments

• lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You pvp types are about to get another Doohickey event. You'll have to grind *hard* as if this game was a job, to get a mount.

Have fun.

No... nothing was as obnoxious as the doohickey. Grind hard for a "chance" at a mount. My friend farmed all weekend to make her doohickey last year and when she sacrificed it, no mount.
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Noble idea, but unfortunately, like others have mentioned, its currently a premade farm fest.

Separate the ****ing queues, otherwise its nothing but just pushing all the better gear to the premade pigs and alienizing any pugs.

Those pigs don't really need any more gear. If it's anyone the devs need to tend to, it's the pugs, not the pigs.
  • grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lilhamlet wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd like to see the stats on the Legion gear before making a 1000 coin investment into it. It's a crackerjack box as the information stands currently.

problem also is imo most will ONLY care about the rings, not the necks/belts since they have already invested in artifact necks and belts that are also likely part of 3pc set bonuses.........and since it's random, how many 1000 coins will you have to spend in order to get a random ring generated in the loot for you?
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i like how there's no comment about the matchmaking system, and throwing this event out there with a "deal with it" tone

rich get richer

designers keep pretending to be oblivious to all the flaws surrounding their pvp system
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    grimelrok wrote: »
    problem also is imo most will ONLY care about the rings, not the necks/belts since they have already invested in artifact necks and belts that are also likely part of 3pc set bonuses.........and since it's random, how many 1000 coins will you have to spend in order to get a random ring generated in the loot for you?

Ah... but if there is a set bonus with the Legion Stuff, then that would give options... That said, with no information, we can really just speculate. All we have right now is the name of the item.

Let's be honest... the only set bonus that people don't want to sacrifice is from Lostmauth, which really has no place in the game. Whenever everything has a baseline level, they introduce one or two items or powers with god-status skewing the game entirely. Bad game design.

For Warhammer FB/40K veterans, it seems like Cryptic hired graduates of the Matt Ward / Gavin Thorpe School of Game Design.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    100 hours of play are needed for the mount.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • madziggy1madziggy1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, no answer about those rings stats?
    I mean there is like 33% to get the ring at first place, and what are the chances its gonna be actually a good one?
  • madbovine69madbovine69 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Meh played one match, that was enough for me. OP sits on cap point... takes zero damage. All 5 of my team attacking a single OP who is taking no damage... even with build for piercing damage and he never dips past his yellow temp HP. That was all the experience I needed for PvP, won't bother doing it again with balance that far out of whack. Too bad cause there seem to be nice rewards, but apparently unless you already have maxed PvP gear you can't do anything but die.
    Main - Lokara, Tactical Liberated Borg Lieutenant General
  • doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If you really play like that in domination pvp, you should stay far far away from it.

P.S as well as your other teambuddies. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTo40GDAgY&feature=youtu.be
  • shadowempress666shadowempress666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So after these 7 days of Announcement event we won't get the same combat tokens? 12 per win and 6 per loss?
  • mark88arsitekmark88arsitek Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    DEV.. pls fix the artifact bug like wheel of element.. it can do 1 shot kill to even geared tank. and also please fix the queue ... the premade team will surely beaten random underdog gear player. this will ruin the pvp balance., and make pple leave the game. i always get queue w underdog team vs twinked gear team. how to win? TR can 1 shot my team mate,. etc
  • mark88arsitekmark88arsitek Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Noble idea, but unfortunately, like others have mentioned, its currently a premade farm fest.

Separate the ****ing queues, otherwise its nothing but just pushing all the better gear to the premade pigs and alienizing any pugs.

Those pigs don't really need any more gear. If it's anyone the devs need to tend to, it's the pugs, not the pigs.

good one! agreed.
  • bauldersgate1bauldersgate1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi Dev's, can you do something about the hunter rangers and their permenant roots? Hunter Rangers roots have zero cool down, can not be dodged, and they have several roots to use.

How can someone defend roots when you can not even roll to dodge? Get rooted not once but back to back to back. This is very broken.
    Hunter roots you and jumps on you instant death 99% the time.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have solo queued and done about 35 PvP games over the weekend, I have only came across 1 premade team, personally I dont feel there is that many premades running DOM, or maybe I am just super lucky...? :)

PS: In my experience Group Queue has a higher chance to match up with premades, so maybe try to solo queue to reduce the chance of fighting premades :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi Dev's, can you do something about the hunter rangers and their permenant roots? Hunter Rangers roots have zero cool down, can not be dodged, and they have several roots to use.

How can someone defend roots when you can not even roll to dodge? Get rooted not once but back to back to back. This is very broken.
    Hunter roots you and jumps on you instant death 99% the time.

Hehe. Its cute when a TR (Assume by the fact you said Roll to dodge) says something is broken.

That being said. I thought they fixed the root issue? I guess I usually pvp on my Pally or my GWF, So I can control immune. but I swear I've been constricting arrows and stuff fired at people and not rooting them.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Combat League!
    Where? Heal Battle? who heal +
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well for me it was 2 PUG matches out of 10, all the other premades.

The q dropped me against 3 major PVP guilds, who teamed up to steamroll us, PUGs.

Since matchmaking is utterly broken, some of my team mates by solo q were item lvl 1600-1800 guys against 3,5+K premades. So this means a lost match for me.

We stood most time at campfire without having done a single point.

My question, where does this show my skill, why must i have a weak team by my side, but ranking shows me as a dumb in the end result? :confused:

I switched toon to take a look with him, premade team again, so i rage quit the event and unless they don't make brackets, ELO and something against the many exploits, bugs and class balance issues, i personally will never take part in it again. I have a spine and don't like to be humiliated 80% of the time. First i would be satisfied to see, the brackets and ELO. All the other could follow in a second wave.

Current matchmaking is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, cause if i do good for a time, i get ranked up to BiS players with my otherwise very mediocre geared toon.

I made some screenshots too, where people were complaining, they will never do it again.

Those, who say this isn't a steamroll fest for premades, should take a look at zone chat, where they gather or go to some instances, where they arrange the teams.

In current state the event lost any credibility in my eyes and i would bet my 2 cents, that if this goes longer this unfair way, many too will abandon it, especially after they geared up, cause many do it only for the gear, not out of joy.

Love every word of it!

Now Devs will make a fine present for a premade, with the first price. Poor souls they need it so desperately. LOL
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have a feeling there must be a lot of PvE players that have swarmed into DOM recently...

Without exaggeration, I get HATE TELLS once every 1~2 days (80~90% of them are TR for some reason...) calling me exploiter because I can sprint almost nonstop, and while I owned 90% of them, the geared ones can beat me to really bad, but can never kill me, cus I would run away when I have 20%HP left or so, and with my ~40% speed bonus with sprint, they have no chance to catch up with me, all they could do is to watch me full heal myself in about 10~15 seconds then comeback to whack them again...
    (all these are 100% legit, its just choices with feats, boons, encounter and stat)

My guess is those TRs thinks GWF are naturally meat to them, then they get really pissed cus they couldn't down me, and instead get owned by me with hit and run and heal tactic...

They funny thing is, they would complain about me running away doing this hit and run tactic, when I go back and own them, I would just ask them, why do you dodge/run and not fight like u said a man should be then, face to face?... they either reply in silence or gets really mad and start calling me exploiter... :\
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    SO is there actually any REAL way to report people who afk in pvp for basically the entire match? guy ran out, died once, then flamed us for a bit before afking for the match (which went for over 25 minutes because the rest of us actually did a good job). or do we just smile and nod.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The concept on the event sounded like a good idea, but basically what is happening "It's not the combat league" it is the "Premade stomp pug event" where all the people with BIS gets rewarded and the lower end players will suffer for it. Nice promotion, just another way to chase people away from PVP.

It is well known that there are people/guilds out there that abuse current bugs so they can get an advantage. By promoting events like these in the current state of PVP is never a good idea, your elite BIS/bug abusing players will gain while everybody else will suffer for it.

Implement a way to separate these type of players in different ques, so that it can be fair for everybody not just the top geared players.
  • quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeh this event is a big disappointment, I really like pvp and I have a good build with full elemental pvp gear and purple items, but I just cannot have a chance against the premades stomping everyone.

All it means is the people who are already super rich in-game with mythics and bis enchants just get richer.

• quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If this pvp event is any indication of what the pvp in the stronghold defense of next module is going to be like, then it's just going to be the same thing, BIS pvp guilds stomping everyone.

• sainttapesainttape Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, in theory, I love the idea of a PvP combat league with interesting new prizes to get some fresh blood into the scene.

In theory.

Realistically, all the domination games I've played have been a complete wash one way or the other. I, as a 2.3k DC, can hope to get on the team with all the BiS 4k+ folk instead of the no-tenacity 1.5k PvP virgins. How is this supposed to encourage people to try PvP if their first attempt is getting one-shotted by this, that, or the other thing with 3x their IL? People can tell them to get some basic tenacity gear all they like, but blue tenacity gear isn't going to get anyone anywhere here. Again, we need a tier system now more than ever. Furthermore, I feel PvP needs a tutorial level to teach people what to do...even basic tactics like what capping is. They're not going to figure it out themselves if they go into one of the arenas, get stomped, and never attempt it again because it was a confusing waste of 20 minutes.

Speaking of confusing wastes, I was in one of those mismatched PvPs, me being high IL on the team vs. a bunch of BiS...we fought as well as we could, but none of us had over a thousand points. Finished the match, and got no tokens! What gives? This is another great way to prove to the casuals that PvP is a complete waste of time and effort...put in time and effort and we can't even get the rewards promised to us.
  • berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2015
    I truly hope they don't separate premade teams from being matched up with random PUG teams. I love dominating weaklings for an easy 12 tokens. xD
  • arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I truly hope they don't separate premade teams from being matched up with random PUG teams. I love dominating weaklings for an easy 12 tokens. xD

You are one of the reasons why people don't play PVP anymore and leave the game because they get nasty experience from it.
    So do us all a favor go to you corner and go troll yourself, because you are part of the problem not the solution.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sainttape wrote: »
    ~

When you are in a match where the victory is a landslide out of your favor, know how to respectfully surrender and ask to score some points so everyone can go home happy. You can pass the time doing 1v1 between the players, learning and teaching others how to do stuff, not trading insults or crying against the opponents. It's the plain basics of sportsmanship. It's not the BiS players fault that they get matched against you, and there are very few like the person some replies above mine who happily stomps non-provoking adversaries that present no real threat or challenge.
    edited June 2015
    rustlord wrote: »
    When you are in a match where the victory is a landslide out of your favor, know how to respectfully surrender and ask to score some points so everyone can go home happy. You can pass the time doing 1v1 between the players, learning and teaching others how to do stuff, not trading insults or crying against the opponents. It's the plain basics of sportsmanship. It's not the BiS players fault that they get matched against you, and there are very few like the person some replies above mine who happily stomps non-provoking adversaries that present no real threat or challenge.

1.) No one said anything about trading insults or crying. None was done by either party. There was no poor sportsmanship on either team. That was not the point of my post.
    2.) I have yet to encounter a 1v1 opportunity that wasn't also a ridiculous mismatch, or wasn't intruded upon by other players, as there are no ways to enforce a 1v1, and some people are just here for the free kills. In fact, as of the league, free kills are exactly what many players are looking for, as such behavior is now rewarded. I was happy enough to run around a bit and try to evade the two enemies chasing me, but they were clearly there to kick my tookus, though I was not attacking nor provoking anything. I have figured out ways to amuse myself sans possible victory...as they say necessity is the mother of invention. And wow, is it necessary. It really SHOULDN'T be necessary, but there you go.
    3.) No, it is not their fault for getting matched against us. In fact, they should have engaging and challenging opposition...hence why brackets/tiers are necessary (welcome to part of the point of my former post)!
    4.) Hey, look! All of this makes for an unpleasant experience not just on the receiving end of a beat-down, but on the giving end as well (positive player experience is the other half of my post)!

Look, I just want Cryptic/PWE/Whomever to see that league is a good idea, but as it is in it's current condition, it deserves more derision than praise. But the fixes are there, and simple. Check out all of the players who have been playtesting since launch and giving out FREE advice for how to fix bugs, imbalance, and other system issues. It's not all good, it's not all realistic, but hey, gift horses and all. If they could just grab and use that (instead of creating cool new features that will inevitably have the same issues as current ones do), can you imagine what a great game this would be?
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm curious - have the stats for the legion items been revealed anywhere yet? For 1000 tokens surely there should be some explanation!
    edited June 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    If you really play like that in domination pvp, you should stay far far away from it.

P.S as well as your other teambuddies. . .

People need to learn how to play SOMEWHERE. You can't fight a BiS pally in PvE to learn how to deal with one. And if the somewhere is like this, many PvP virgins will be one-and-done.

Tactically, if there's an untouchable pally on a point, you ignore him and move to another point. But sometimes that doesn't work well if all points are guarded. This is another problem with some of the community- you'd rather shame people for not knowing what to do than teach them.
  • berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2015
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    You are one of the reasons why people don't play PVP anymore and leave the game because they get nasty experience from it.
    So do us all a favor go to you corner and go troll yourself, because you are part of the problem not the solution.

Hey, i'm just playing the game. Don't hate the player, hate the game.