test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Combat League!

Comments

• rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Being BiS is just part of the problem, not the whole of it. It's important to have a top-end environment where all the hard work you've done can show you how much it has paid off.

The bigger problem is how QUICK, we can get there now. What is it? By my estimation 70-80M going from zero to BiS, or 30-40M going from Mod5 status to Mod6 BiS. The proliferation of player botting/exploit farming has lead to relatively cheap market--so that buying is now more time-efficient than doing PvE. On that note, removing most dungeons and the benefit of running said dungeons--not to mention the increased difficulty--just killed off the prospect of getting Best-in-Slot gear naturally.

I remember when it was Mod3 and 4, where I was able to reach that kind of gear-level by fair means. I personally sit around 1 or 2 tiers below best in slot. I just can't stomach the gear divide, and yet spend that amount of money on a F2P video game...in good conscience.
  • dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rustlord wrote: »
    Being BiS is just part of the problem, not the whole of it. It's important to have a top-end environment where all the hard work you've done can show you how much it has paid off.

The bigger problem is how QUICK, we can get there now. What is it? By my estimation 70-80M going from zero to BiS, or 30-40M going from Mod5 status to Mod6 BiS. The proliferation of player botting/exploit farming has lead to relatively cheap market--so that buying is now more time-efficient than doing PvE. On that note, removing most dungeons and the benefit of running said dungeons--not to mention the increased difficulty--just killed off the prospect of getting Best-in-Slot gear naturally.

I remember when it was Mod3 and 4, where I was able to reach that kind of gear-level by fair means. I personally sit around 1 or 2 tiers below best in slot. I just can't stomach the gear divide, and yet spend that amount of money on a F2P video game...in good conscience.

Um actually from 0. BiS is far more expensive if you calculate RP and gmops/ coals required

Last time I priced it before this mod, it was 200m

This mod encompassed another 100m in Gmops and RP and coals, then factor in another 30m for the strider, and then another 50m because the DEV's change things that causes unbalance and you need to buy all new gear and refill it anyways

its about 400m for a BiS toon

This amount of AD is nearly unobtainable without any purchases made just due to the fact that PvE has close to 0 profit margin atm, and rough ad only nets you 24k AD a day

So lets say best case scenario, you have a fully equipped profession toon with 50 slots

thats still 400 days of waiting before you bis

Good luck new players

Suggested fixes?

Make all artifacts BoA

Implement BiS PvE Obtained gear

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
    edited June 2015
    Because against equally geared gamers you cannot win, just admit it, it's ok. Most of the premade people are like that actually... that's why they go into pvp with premades in the first place. It's similar to real life, where a group of weaklings gangs up on one person, because 1 on 1, they'd get knocked the **** out, one after another.

In short: you are the weakling, not the pugs.

Can you tell us again, how you did obtain your enchantments and mounts and everything your toons have? We are all ears, my exploiter friend.

Lockboxes and Market Manipulation and a 400-500 dollars of zen purchases to obtain starting capital.

DERSIDIUS
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    dersidius wrote: »
    Lockboxes and Market Manipulation and a 400-500 dollars of zen purchases to obtain starting capital.

Yeah right, after abusing the astral resonator bug. The entire community knows it.

edited June 2015
    Yeah right, after abusing the astral resonator bug. The entire community knows it.

Screenshot? Video? Just because a certain person accused me of doing a certain exploit (that my account has never been banned for) dosen't mean it's true

DERSIDIUS
    edited June 2015
    And we have a thread winner. It's great to see people are finally waking up to the truth.

LOL dude, don't you feel ashamed for trying to tell us that you are a legit gamer? SCUM..

No... I feel ashamed for replying to mindless, uneducated trolls.

DERSIDIUS
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sicarius ur seriously a pieec of sht. even ur old guildmates (before you made absolute) dislike you, and talk sht about you.

not only ur a garbage TR (i can name 10 TR's that are better than you right off my head) but ur a lying sack of horse sht too.

**** you jew

regards
    edited June 2015
    ofnieslaf wrote: »
    sicarius ur seriously a pieec of sht. even ur old guildmates (before you made absolute) dislike you, and talk sht about you.

not only ur a garbage TR (i can name 10 TR's that are better than you right off my head) but ur a lying sack of horse sht too.

**** you jew

regards

I'm sorry you have such a low opinion of me - even though we've never met - but I invite all of you to my guilds TeamSpeak to talk about it like adults if you have any questions or concerns

DERSIDIUS
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm sorry you have such a low opinion of me - even though we've never met - but I invite all of you to my guilds TeamSpeak to talk about it like adults if you have any questions or concerns

to talk about what? how to abusing mechanics?
  • indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Let's just be honest, the dev's don't care about the matching, if it's honest or not, was in a team with 1.5 IL and 2.5 IL against 4K, what is fair on this ? Nothing.... the dev's know that but they are not going to do anything against it, they only nerf and nerf instead of making a real match... the matching now in pvp is a laugh and yes they don't exclude the guilds that exploits everything they can..... well it should be a sign.. if they allow it to those guilds than everyone is allowed to do it in my eyes because if it's not allowed they had already a long time to deal with that, it's not something that is new......
    edited June 2015
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    to talk about what? how to abusing mechanics?

To put all this groundless slandering to bed.

DERSIDIUS
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited June 2015

ok post info.

ill tell you what i think about you via voice if youre that much of a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

regards
    edited June 2015
    ok post info.

ill tell you what i think about you via voice if youre that much of a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

regards

I'll send you a PM, and anyone else who requests it

DERSIDIUS
    edited June 2015
    To put all this groundless slandering to bed.

better educate your guildmates, to not use all that what is bugy to easyfarming. Then maybe your guild one day get some solid reputation
  • indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What wonders me is that Sturm.. or anyone else from cryptic or whatever react of the fairness of the pvp..
    edited June 2015
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    better educate your guildmates, to not use all that what is bugy to easyfarming. Then maybe your guild one day get some solid reputation

if you have any concerns about members in my guild, please PM me a name and evidence to act on. All necessary actions will be taken within the realm of our guilds policies. Thank you.

DERSIDIUS
    edited June 2015
    No need for stupid things like that. You are not a victim. What a hypocrite...

If you want to be unreasonable, then I can't help you, sorry.

DERSIDIUS
    edited June 2015
    if you have any concerns about members in my guild, please PM me a name and evidence to act on. All necessary actions will be taken within the realm of our guilds policies. Thank you.

well, can you post a link to your guilds policies?
  • nicebutdim1nicebutdim1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    remedox wrote: »
    if u guys would read it says the armored one gets rewarded to top players meaning u dont buy it, and i am also curious as to what the stats of the Legion rings/belts/necklaces are. and this is to the devs, i am truly pissed off that your offering elemental burning gear for a mere 9 wins worth of medals per piece, i worked my god **** *** off to get black ice to 5 so i can infuse my elven/burning gear. its way more understandable to just give regular burning gear for a reward so one doesent have to farm seals of triumph at the rate of 1 per day, but u guys went all the way and said here you go lets make black ice even more useless. i mean that was the point when u came out with mod 6, u guys tried to make black ice relevant again, it was a select group of people that had elemental burning because pvp players werent spending there time outside of pvp to get it, u had to be deep into both pvp and pve and yet again u just love to screw over someone every patch u come out with, and not to mention taking away aquamarines in icewind dale, that actually made doing those runs fun, now you killed the whole area, thanks for the fun week of runs, by the end of this thing, everyones gonna have all 4 elemental burning pieces and i really dont get the price of that. 100 medals for a main piece of elemental burning gear but 1000 medals for the legion rings/belts/necklaces. Im starting to really think that not a single one of you developers even play your own game because it looks like none of you know what you are doing.

This is possibly the most important post i have seen this mod.

Now any johnny who wants to camp out 20 losses can get a piece of EB gear; BiS for many classes.

With one fell swoop, the devs have completely negated a reasonably well thought out way to reverse the development of everyone in exactly the same gear and weapons, and a canny way to reward those who do both pve and pvp.

And breathe out....

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    remedox wrote: »
    if u guys would read it says the armored one gets rewarded to top players meaning u dont buy it, and i am also curious as to what the stats of the Legion rings/belts/necklaces are. and this is to the devs, i am truly pissed off that your offering elemental burning gear for a mere 9 wins worth of medals per piece, i worked my god **** *** off to get black ice to 5 so i can infuse my elven/burning gear. its way more understandable to just give regular burning gear for a reward so one doesent have to farm seals of triumph at the rate of 1 per day, but u guys went all the way and said here you go lets make black ice even more useless. i mean that was the point when u came out with mod 6, u guys tried to make black ice relevant again, it was a select group of people that had elemental burning because pvp players werent spending there time outside of pvp to get it, u had to be deep into both pvp and pve and yet again u just love to screw over someone every patch u come out with, and not to mention taking away aquamarines in icewind dale, that actually made doing those runs fun, now you killed the whole area, thanks for the fun week of runs, by the end of this thing, everyones gonna have all 4 elemental burning pieces and i really dont get the price of that. 100 medals for a main piece of elemental burning gear but 1000 medals for the legion rings/belts/necklaces. Im starting to really think that not a single one of you developers even play your own game because it looks like none of you know what you are doing.

+ MF infinity.

Alternatively, what they could have done is offer Unified Elements as rewards in the NCL store, along with Burning gear to aid you in infusing your Burning gear. But once again they made something completely irrelevant and kicked all those people that went through the grueling process of upgrading their gear squarely in the nuts.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User

I would like to see those ten names if you wouldn't mind sharing?

The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The random nature of the awards is you can get several od the same thing

It happened to me

out of 8 try's I really only got a Brest plate and one helm...

So it is not like you can pick what you get

Urlord
  • chadwickpyne41chadwickpyne41 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Why can't a system be devised that match players and groups that are evenly matched. PVP is a good way to improve gear etc. But some teams clearly do not need the gear, and surely it must be boring for them playing against players who can't give them a good fight.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    Why can't a system be devised that match players and groups that are evenly matched. PVP is a good way to improve gear etc. But some teams clearly do not need the gear, and surely it must be boring for them playing against players who can't give them a good fight.

I bet they love it...

Judging by the large number of "LOL" and other like comments in the Zone chat

Urlord

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

They did, when it was implemented in Mod 3 the queue time became 45-60 minutes. Also there were a lot more players in the game back then. People screamed about the wait time with tighter matching criteria. I'm sure they can turn the same criteria on again, but how long would the queues become?
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    rustlord wrote: »
    sainttape wrote: »
    ~

When you are in a match where the victory is a landslide out of your favor, know how to respectfully surrender and ask to score some points so everyone can go home happy. You can pass the time doing 1v1 between the players, learning and teaching others how to do stuff, not trading insults or crying against the opponents. It's the plain basics of sportsmanship. It's not the BiS players fault that they get matched against you, and there are very few like the person some replies above mine who happily stomps non-provoking adversaries that present no real threat or challenge.

I have run into too many lately where the obvious results of the match are known from a simple inspection of classes/guilds during the zone in time. Even had a few cases recently where one failed to zone in so it became a 5 v 4 of teams like 2 op, 2 gf, 1 dc vs 1 sw, 1tr, 1hr, 1gwf (and am I crazy or does it seem the MM is putting all tanks/healers on one side and others on other -- assuming everyone is honest when they claim solo queue pug).

Recently in such a case I sent some tells and /says to ask if they would kindly let us get the minimum needed for tokens and the vitriol I received was borderline comical and one could only come to the conclusion that the superior (in both number and class distribution) team had to be made up of people included in Guinness's list of the top 5 smallest johnsons in the world. Predictably we managed to take no nodes and ended up with no reward at all simply because of the matchmaker and having only 4 players zone in.
  • delfeluguedelfelugue Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sorry but how do you that we take you seriously, when you see how you do not even get to do a web page with leaderboardclass by giving the right information.
    it is a simple little SQL query to do on your database, while web develloper which some KNOWLEDGE PHP + SQL would do.

I dare not think that it is not the case with you ....

example :
    30 Elwira@delfelugue (null) Control Wizard me i'am in WD40 guild
    6 FaмФus Magic Pifoot@pifootfej WD-40 Fr Trickster Rogue it's legende obscure guild
    12 Shuno@setill Absolute Trickster Rogue it's EoA guild

i think if the guild are wrong the place too...

and if you don't know you can do a realtime leaderboard with the right SQL query and PHP web page.
    instaed of a leaderboard capture every monday and friday.
  • shinshoryuukenshinshoryuuken Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    afaik, you cant afk the entire match before you are kicked out. that said, I do get a lot of teams where half of it gives up before the match even start. they are there just for astral diamonds. if the quest was just 1 pvp match that would be cool but you need to match 4 times. that means 4 more games where ppl just queue for nothing.
  • julas1990wujekjulas1990wujek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    it looks like i got cheated by the whole board who was responsible for this whole event. I see that nobody here do not care for your mistake i was cheated and did not get my reward for that I was one of the 40 GF. Once again, step by step, describe my situation with the hope that this time though someone read the whole messange, I was one of the 40 GF at the level of 10-19 and did not get the prize, the event ended NCL. So decided to get several levels on my hero and I drove the level of over 20 so for your inadvertently been cheated because I was not one of the 40 at 20-29 where I took part in a range of 10-19 so i still waiting for my reward.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    The prizes were for 70, only. It was stated in the guidelines. You didn't get cheated by Cryptic... you cheated yourself. The real PvP challenge starts at 70... come on and join us.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance