test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Combat League!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
Introducing the Neverwinter Combat League! We're adding seasons, unique rewards and leaderboards split by Paragon Path.

For our announcement:
http://bit.ly/1dz56y4

FAQ:
http://bit.ly/1MsZS2t

Rewards:
http://bit.ly/1L3rRIO

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    First!!!

I think it was actually a good idea to make separated competition for each class. Competition between all classes would just be plain unfair.
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for this event! Is the armored bulette available or just the epic version? The store only has the epic for sale not the legendary
    Post edited by samothrace22 on
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm not sure how it is in Game ATM , but if its like yesterday, the leader board is Horribly bugged and broken strum.

I haven't cared until this point (because now prizes are offered)

but everyone in the BiS PvP community knows the leaderboard is not working, the ELO algorithm is in accurate, and stats such as points captured and K/D/R is not being accounted for

Here's how we know:

Best players in the game are all on Page 12

Best K/D/R's Per class are all no where near page 1

Page 1 is full of people who have only played 1 game.. which they lost

I truly hope you guys fixed these issues , again I haven't logged in since 4 AM EST, but if the leader-board hasn't been touched at all since that point, it's broken

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This might be a stupid question. But what stats does the new PvP gear have?.. You link to a post that shows the prizes but it says nothing about the gear?! Very interesting to only know the name of the gear..........

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/25/a8/25a8fc77a2e6cdc870032f80f94878721433967789.png
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This looks pretty darn cool, nice! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thx all Tr´s are happy now, cw nerfed and a pvp event.
    Dream day for trs
  • Options
    exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ... and SWs, HRs will suffer forever. All of then are gone.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    sorry paladins and DCs just killed the league nothing to see here.

lolz/10char
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    packrat0packrat0 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Adding my voice of concern to those in here inquiring about whether league ranking is going to act similarly to the current leaderboards.
    Because said leaderboards are embarrassingly broken.
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think most of those coments were made before first pvp match.
    I like if something is hard, chellenging, but now ?

What df you did with this game? You can't kill TR, OP, DC.
    CW controls you 100% of time, you can do ****.

****. I want to see dev's playing this game. This is insane !!!
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    paladin and DC is just bull**** they just ruined pvp.

Idc about palas and DCs, at least they don't hit me for 75k+ in one shot (anymore). Unlike TRs.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    just to confirm, only Domination matches count? Not GG?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hey, yellow letters user. Prolly you are CW. A key word "balance" should be used here.

Btw it's not even frustrating nor funny. Whatever dev's will do, ppl complain (including me). Whatever they will change, it works opposite to WAI.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »

Anyone seen an answer to this? I'm disappointed to say the collection tab still hasn't been updated for this event nor does it show the Wheel of Piercing Death from the new lockboxes. It was updated to show the new chicken mount. So i guess maintaining the collections tab is on some release checklists. Perhaps PW can add "Verify Collections have been updated" to the testing procedures and release procedures?

Anyhow what stats does this new gear have? Is it worth farming? The new mount obviously isn't considering it requires 1500 tokens and is not equal to the best mount in game. I'll keep my zen mount :-)
  • Options
    ndiovndiov Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    there should be an solo que and party que option im going solo and im against 5 man premade 7th time in a row...

the pvp event just failed there is way too many unbalanced stuffs in the game to even run pvp properly atm, atlast let us get tokens from GG too the domi is plagued by full 5 man premades abusing wheel of elements.
    paladin and DC is just bull**** they just ruined pvp.

HAHA please QQ more, I enjoy it after all your trolling.
  • Options
    bauldersgate1bauldersgate1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How can we win a Champion's Armored Bulette mount? It is not in the Pvp store.
  • Options
    remedoxremedox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    if u guys would read it says the armored one gets rewarded to top players meaning u dont buy it, and i am also curious as to what the stats of the Legion rings/belts/necklaces are. and this is to the devs, i am truly pissed off that your offering elemental burning gear for a mere 9 wins worth of medals per piece, i worked my god **** *** off to get black ice to 5 so i can infuse my elven/burning gear. its way more understandable to just give regular burning gear for a reward so one doesent have to farm seals of triumph at the rate of 1 per day, but u guys went all the way and said here you go lets make black ice even more useless. i mean that was the point when u came out with mod 6, u guys tried to make black ice relevant again, it was a select group of people that had elemental burning because pvp players werent spending there time outside of pvp to get it, u had to be deep into both pvp and pve and yet again u just love to screw over someone every patch u come out with, and not to mention taking away aquamarines in icewind dale, that actually made doing those runs fun, now you killed the whole area, thanks for the fun week of runs, by the end of this thing, everyones gonna have all 4 elemental burning pieces and i really dont get the price of that. 100 medals for a main piece of elemental burning gear but 1000 medals for the legion rings/belts/necklaces. Im starting to really think that not a single one of you developers even play your own game because it looks like none of you know what you are doing.
  • Options
    buliloli0107buliloli0107 Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2015
    any stats for those LEgion rings, belts and necklaces... 1k medals will be hard to obtain for 1 piece of those accesory. ty in advance
  • Options
    reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Anyone who still takes this game seriously is a lost cause. PVP is not balanced, I have won quite a few PVP matches before module 6 but the current game system is still far from ideal in terms of PVE & PVP. The current module's levelling and story line content is not properly done as well.

This new concept is absolute Rubbish. Everyone I know has stopped playing this game and will only come back when PVE is fixed and then do PVP when they levelled up properly through PVE. PVP is a joke seriously, I won some games with sheer overwhelming odds sometimes and sometimes it goes the other way but I have won PVP more than once. This league is really rubbish, stop making stupid changes to the game concept devs..
  • Options
    dbpunchdbpunch Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was really excited when i saw that event but after 4 matches i thought it was rubbish.. i couldn't find any groups because of elitists then i randomly grouped with queue. In the beginning we are kept all nodes but then foes point was getting high.my mates got killed in 3 sec then i inspected them they have no tenacy at all. only blue green rubbish item have been worn. This happened in 2 matches . The other matches my team mates left group who was tank our cleric didnt even know how to play. I got several kills then quit match in rage.
    You guys seems you don't play this game you just "Heey make that event eveyone will love it hehehe grab a popcorn and count the money."
    NCL would be great if there were more balance and ILVL gap.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    1500 coins with 9 coins per match (average), and 20 minutes (average) matches gives 56 hours of playing for mount.
    7 days of event gives 8 hours of playing daily. !!

I think it's absurd. It's casual game with broken pvp mechanics. In this moment announcement of season 2 and next should be given.
    Don't you think?

edit:
    And this one time I think, that all of those items should be character bounded, not account bounded.
    Just take some of your alt and farm.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, I'd like to see the stats on the Legion gear before making a 1000 coin investment into it. It's a crackerjack box as the information stands currently.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    56 hours of playing for mount.

How many hours of normal play does it take to RP your artifact weapon?
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    4k+ item lvl on one side and 1k item lvl on the other. You really should've made separete brackets for different itemlvl range, else most matches will be one sided.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    lewel555 wrote: »
    How many hours of normal play does it take to RP your artifact weapon?

You've missed the point. It should be long, but now it's time limited. So the question is: when will be next event week? If next month, then fine. If next year, then no point to wait.

@my weapon. Not so long, just used old one to refine, and critted ;)
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.