test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Faar Faar Away from the Swarm (IWD HE) !

2»

Comments

• Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So has anyone figured out the loot drop?

I was bummed that the parade would pass by a new Remo to
    get to a weak HE. Think they should come up with decent rings
    or something for them to rare drop, now.

Dwarven armor set was always nuts to have in there. How long
    would it take someone to find all the set items, given that you
    get repeats and they drop pieces for all the other classes?
    (Yeah, you could buy it, but it's weak and what's the point if it's
    impossible to collect on your own. Buying is boring.)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Is there anything left in terms of normal-play refinement points?
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the missing point here for me is the closed loop in wich we are struggling right now: you need to be 2k ils to start enjoy the full game, you need a guild (or at least a solid group with your same game time) to QQ in DDs/Tiamat and win with a decent %, how many of us have this conditions?

how much time is needed to reach this pre-conditions for a fresh new player? lets say 4 months? (this considering he/her is picking up a "good" class, it would be more in case of support classes not viable for solo)

is the game able to catch and hold that new player for those 4 months in order to prepare him/her to the real-full game life?

the numbers are decreasing, the less we are the less fun we can have, in every aspect of the game: DDs, pvp, AH sells and so on.

there is a critical bottom-limit for players number, its natural, below it the community just die for apaty.

i am officer of an italian guild for more than 2 years, i have seen a lot of new players in this period, some of them are grown over the 2k cap and now are real good assets for the guild (we were able to form 3 solid teams for T1/2 covering roughly 8 hours of gameplay, capable of carring at least 1 undergeared player each time to equip him/her), some were p2w and jumped to bis in 2 weeks and than left after 2 months (thanks for the gifts guys ^^), some were lonly wolfes that joined us for convenience and never socialized properly (but hey man who am i to judge? my home is wide and there will allways be space for everyone if they act properly and with respect!), some were pure casuals, they hanged on till mod6 (we helped them sometime to get old t2 set and have some fun in DDs), than just left for frustration.
    actually we are left like 10-15 good players (with several alts each at different development stages) and we struggle to form a team.

there is litterally no reason to play in team in my opinion, if the content your approaching is hard you need ONE good buddy, not a team, if you have already a full 132 set (farmed in max 2 weeks of work) or better a pvp 135 set (pre-farmed in mod5) you dont need to run DDs any more, i mean 5k ad for a key and 3k ad from salvage the only sure drop?? (yea yea you can have a good feeling with RNG God and get 3 drop in a run, and you can do it during DD hour and get 3k ad extra..CAN is not sure!)

i still do some run in eLOL and eTOS 'cose i like them (in general the "new deal" of DDs with lesser mobs ordes but stronger composition make the playtime better for me), but its more like a training for my veteran team, we test new skills or new sinergies to see if we can squeez some more % from our alts (pally's auras are a whide new world to be explored were amazing things can be found).

but its like 1 run every 2 days! (its sad i konw)

HE in iwd were a really good filler for me, i mean not so challenging and a bit boring, but the reward per time was significant and let me stack some RP for future implementation of my main (i am switching from a GF tact/prot hybrid tank to a conq/tact mid dps/buffs). i was doing that like 30 minutes, than break, chat, AH control, coffe, some more HE and so on..they were keeping me on-line.

now i am not more on-line, or just for the mandatory stuff (profession/invocation/chat).

in fact i am more here on the forum than in game! and this is a warning for me, i am reaching that critical bottom-limit, i dunno how long i can keep floating an desperate in need of news from above about the future of this game.

note: sorry for my eng, since i am italian it can be orrorific for some of you, i just hope you get the sence :P

Your english is fine. We all see the point you wanted to make.
    And yes this is the reality happening right now as we speak for many of us.
    I had no need to be on forums posting or raging or crying or suggesting things before they made this mess 6.
    Frankly i did not want to be and i had so much more important things to do. But now i do not.
    Why would i bother trying to keep the players playing when there is nothing to look forward to.
    Mod 7 strongholds? They are not going to have enough players left by then to actually play them except the BiS crew. LOL
    It is going to be amazing to watch. I am sure they can keeo the game up with just them playing.
    2 weeks of honeymoon of RP grinding is gone. People are rage quiting or just silently backing away from this game every patch.

But they dont care. The 2 % of people that are speding tons of money will keep them going. But for how long? Idk..
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg