test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How does one is even supposed to progress

ventilato4ventilato4 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
How can a relativly new player get a weapon enchantment to even greater?
How can one even get to r9 enchantments in some slots?
How can one get some good companions?

I don't really care about min maxing the stats on my artifact equipment, it's just impossible as now to get to legendary a single piece for a player that doesn't sweat money. But what about the rest?

Where the hell am i supposed to get the AD from?
And don't tell me with ZEN, that i know, but still that for a normal person who like to spend some money in what he likes, let's say 20 bucks once a couple weeks or so... i'll get 1kk AD with 20 bucks, i can't even buy 3 coalescent wards to get a weapon enchantment to normal.

In every other games i played there was a source of incoming or a chance at it, either from hard farming (it's still a dibatable use of your free time, but that's it in mmorpg) or random rare drops worth a decent amount of the game currencie throughout the game, while playing.

What's on neverwinter? Shall i spend my days at rothè valley hoping for an artifact drop worth 1kk AD? Shall i run mindlessly the same dungeon hoping for a drop? Why should i even bother? I'll get a rare drop from which i'll get some AD that i need to run the same dungeon i ran till then?
Post edited by ventilato4 on

Comments

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have been playing in Gateway for the last few weeks. Would you like to know how much AD I have made from the sales of the Companion Gear that dropped?

Over 1,000,000 AD.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    I have been playing in Gateway for the last few weeks. Would you like to know how much AD I have made from the sales of the Companion Gear that dropped?

Over 1,000,000 AD.

I'm playing on gateway too since last week, and i got like 100k AD till now.
    That is not a reasonable amount considering it's like i'm playing a minigame and not enjoying my time on the real game. (plus the resistance stuff on the gateway not allowing you to farm it constantly)
    And this exlude the fact that you'll need epic companions to get into epic gateway's dungeons.
    At the very last if i luckily dropped 3 ring of the loyal avenger i'd rather use them on my augment instead of selling them.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Considering that I have had one drop in the last few days... yeah it helps.

That being said I do not have any Epic companions. Mine are all blue... all purchased while they were on sale from Zen market.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Professions is a great way to get AD. Directly with Leadership (although they nerfed the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of that) or by selling stuff at AH.

And with the amount of Tomes of Companion Experience that get dropped on the SCA daily D20, it wouldn't take you too long to get 99 of them and sell them for a good amount of AD.

Those Platinum Priceless Bowls? That's a quick 2k AD for 20 of them.. The Platinum Studded Chalices were worth even more.

Daily Skirmishes/Dungeons/Etc. Rhix pays handsomely.

Is a Skirmish event on? Every skirmish you run is 1k AD. Depending on the groups you pick up, that could be 10k AD.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Okay guys, i'm not new, i got 4 epic companions, r8 enchantment, 4 epic artifacts and so on, i've been playing for 2-3 months.
    Everything i got is because i farmed in IWD in the past 2 weeks.
    You say professions, skirmish, events and stuffs. that's 1/100000 of what you need.
    Half of the AD you get daily are rough and you can only refine 24k of that...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Those Platinum Priceless Bowls? That's a quick 2k AD for 20 of them.. The Platinum Studded Chalices were worth even more.

Are you kidding me? WHY?
    ventilato4 wrote: »
    You say professions, skirmish, events and stuffs. that's 1/100000 of what you need.

True enough
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    To be honest, I've never seen a vorpa, flaming, plague-fire, negation, name-most-at-will enchantment in the 6 months I've been playing--as a drop. Not even in shards. There are a few specific types in Sharandar I've run across. And 1 terror shard from Tiamat. Most have to be bought from the AH as far as I can tell. For one-meeellion or more astral diamonds. And most of us can't make that farming. Must...hit...Zen...exchange....

You'll never FIND the 8 vorpal shards you need to make a lesser.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ventilato4 wrote: »
    Okay guys, i'm not new, i got 4 epic companions, r8 enchantment, 4 epic artifacts and so on, i've been playing for 2-3 months.
    Everything i got is because i farmed in IWD in the past 2 weeks.

You didn't get it because you farmed in IWD. You got it because you farmed in IWD with some serious time on your hands!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Are you kidding me? WHY?

Dammed if I know.. lol But I have a repository in my Guild bank especially for those items.. I'll post them once a week or so and make the Guild a modest, but decent, amount of AD, that we spend on prizes and stuff. It's cool.
    header.png
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    To be honest, I've never seen a vorpa, flaming, plague-fire, negation, name-most-at-will enchantment in the 6 months I've been playing--as a drop. Not even in shards. There are a few specific types in Sharandar I've run across. And 1 terror shard from Tiamat. Most have to be bought from the AH as far as I can tell. For one-meeellion or more astral diamonds. And most of us can't make that farming. Must...hit...Zen...exchange....

You need 4 shards to make a lesser. and probably a coalescent ward.

and there are definitely things that drop shards.. Sharandar lair bosses for one.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Who cares about shards guys? you can AH them for 1k AD them, it's reasonable. It's the coalescent ward you need for even lesser enchantment that's ridicoulous.
    For a greater enchantment you'll need 6 coalescent wards, really? And what greater does? you'll need perfect at least for the majority of the enchantment to be "worth the cost"
  • Options
    marcelene55marcelene55 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dammed if I know.. lol But I have a repository in my Guild bank especially for those items.. I'll post them once a week or so and make the Guild a modest, but decent, amount of AD, that we spend on prizes and stuff. It's cool.

Trying to fire up a pyramid scam are we?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Trying to fire up a pyramid scam are we?

Umm... trying to make sure that the Guild has enough resources for guild-based events and contests.. since there is no direct way to collect AD donations, this is the next best thing. And best of all, it doesn't costs anyone anything.
    header.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    You need 4 shards to make a lesser. and probably a coalescent ward.

and there are definitely things that drop shards.. Sharandar lair bosses for one.

My mistake, 4 shards. You'll never find the 4 shards you need. Unless they are specific ones from Sharandar, as I had mentioned.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    My mistake, 4 shards. You'll never find the 4 shards you need. Unless they are specific ones from Sharandar, as I had mentioned.

You can buy them from the AH or through the Seal Vendor.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    New comers don't really progress under the current system. The "endgame" content is so hard that even maxed gear players can't complete. You don't have many ways to get AD to gear up anyway. The RP is way to expensive to buy. If you are opportunistic you may be able to get a short lived "event" like the IWD HEs last week and get your first bucket of AD. Otherwise, back to the most profitable way you can do in the shortest time, which is Dragon Heralds at this moment.

Trading is always a way to progress in any online games with it enabled, if you know the market well.

People talk about leadership, but it takes too long to get to the levels you can get something semi-decent, plus you need a lot of characters and inhuman efforts to just log in and requeue requests every few hours. You probably need an alarm clock too. Actually if you have that much time other profession can net you more profits than leadership even at very low levels.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I actually got a negation shard in dread ring chest today lol

You could also buy them form the seal vendor from doing T2s
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015

300 elemental seals : 1 shard // except for 4 special ones that you get with protector seals ...

100 protector seals for : vorpal, high avenger and 2 more.. ( i forgot the names of them ) XD
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    healary wrote: »
    New comers don't really progress under the current system. The "endgame" content is so hard that even maxed gear players can't complete. You don't have many ways to get AD to gear up anyway. The RP is way to expensive to buy. If you are opportunistic you may be able to get a short lived "event" like the IWD HEs last week and get your first bucket of AD. Otherwise, back to the most profitable way you can do in the shortest time, which is Dragon Heralds at this moment.

Trading is always a way to progress in any online games with it enabled, if you know the market well.

People talk about leadership, but it takes too long to get to the levels you can get something semi-decent, plus you need a lot of characters and inhuman efforts to just log in and requeue requests every few hours. You probably need an alarm clock too. Actually if you have that much time other profession can net you more profits than leadership even at very low levels.

I just completed eCC yesterday with a party with 1 2k player, 2 2.2k players, 1 2.4k player and 1 2.8k player (The tank). We could probably have done it with a full 2k group as well, you just need a well co-ordinated team that knows what they doing. The team was me (MoF CW), Sirona (Faithfull Annointed DC), Mapy (MI exec TR), President pumpkin head (GF, can't give you more details I don't have a tank) and Louise (HR trapper)

The trick is to get a team that works well together and knows what they doing. If you have a 5k team that isn't cohesive, it doesn't matter that their gear is amazing, they still won't beat eCC.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Shards aren't the problem. As pointed out elsewhere, it's the Coal Wards that are the killer. IMO they should't be required to make a Lesser, which would at least give the 'average Joe' a method to grind Lessers on their gear. Increase the Upgrade chance to that you can use a stack of Pres Wards instead.

Although some Lesser enchants are available on the AH for around half the price of a Coal Ward (or less).
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Shards aren't the problem. As pointed out elsewhere, it's the Coal Wards that are the killer. IMO they should't be required to make a Lesser, which would at least give the 'average Joe' a method to grind Lessers on their gear. Increase the Upgrade chance to that you can use a stack of Pres Wards instead.

Although some Lesser enchants are available on the AH for around half the price of a Coal Ward (or less).

This is something I agree with.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It took me a year to get my first rank 8s and perfect weapon enchantments and two years to get r10s. And I'm in no way a clueless casual player. It's just a matter of time, but if your question was rather "how can i catch up with older players" then the answer is simple: play more or pay more. Otherwise you won't and that's fine by me.
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Are you kidding me? WHY?

20 of those sell for about 6 gold, so 100 will be about 30 gold (for 2k AD)....
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tvcity wrote: »
    20 of those sell for about 6 gold, so 100 will be about 30 gold (for 2k AD)....

20 of plates sell for 6 gold? << oh....
    good way to earn gold and a good way to earn some AD if needed.
    Nice..
    Thank you for this information i shall use it well. I am out of gold for kits XD
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    It took me a year to get my first rank 8s and perfect weapon enchantments and two years to get r10s. And I'm in no way a clueless casual player. It's just a matter of time, but if your question was rather "how can i catch up with older players" then the answer is simple: play more or pay more. Otherwise you won't and that's fine by me.
    I don't want to catch up with vets. I don't even want Perfects, R10s, Legendaries, etc. I'd like a decent chance of getting Normals, R7/8, and Epics through casual play in a reasonable time frame. At the moment this is not the case and they will lose many casuals because of this.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For this game, after you start just for a short while, you should know there is one thing you need to deal with. Finance.
    It does not matter if it was mod 3,4,5 or now 6. It all comes down to one question, how are you going to finance it?

For me, it means I will need to figure out how to generate AD. Set up a team of farmer is one way. Making stuff to sell is another way. Playing AH price is another way.

If you cannot figure out how to finance the campaign, you really cannot play this game well.
    It took me over 6 months to set up the infrastructure.
    It takes time. If you want it fast, you will need to find a way to archive that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You have at least 3 options:

1. Np life to catch those who abused exploits and bugs in the past.
    2. Spend $ equal to a car value.
    3. Pray for new bugs / exploits that will let you catch up.