Options

How does one is even supposed to progress

2»

Comments

• Options
    fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    For this game, after you start just for a short while, you should know there is one thing you need to deal with. Finance.
    It does not matter if it was mod 3,4,5 or now 6. It all comes down to one question, how are you going to finance it?

For me, it means I will need to figure out how to generate AD. Set up a team of farmer is one way. Making stuff to sell is another way. Playing AH price is another way.

If you cannot figure out how to finance the campaign, you really cannot play this game well.
    It took me over 6 months to set up the infrastructure.
    It takes time. If you want it fast, you will need to find a way to archive that.

This is how most of us playing for a long time got what we got. Play smart and adapt to the market, buy low sell high. With balance and module changes price and demand changes, think ahead (for example keep an eye out for info on module 7 might be money to be made remember information is power). Have some extra characters on the side for leadership. and PLAY, doing elol right now can get you at the 24k refinement easy with even some chance for artifact equipment.

All in all it takes time lots and lots of time you can have a solid base to work from in 6 months and from that point its more time to get everything slowly to legendary and mythic. It's a mmo this is inherent to the genre.

quspiv wrote: »
    You have at least 3 options:

1. Np life to catch those who abused exploits and bugs in the past.
    2. Spend $ equal to a car value.
    3. Pray for new bugs / exploits that will let you catch up.

Don't listen to him he probably had a bad week at work.
  • Options
    maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dont know what "relatively new" player means, but i cant c why a new player should be able to get what "relatively old" player have. U can mostly pay for it tho.
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • Options
    agentorange9mmagentorange9mm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    But lets be honest, new players that started in late Mod5 (so not maxed) /Mod 6's are in stupid rough shape.

Old epic dungeons were easy ways to get AD and nice things. You could get gear and sell them for AD or hell salvage it for rough AD, you could get weapon/armor shards easy as they were drops instead of needing pretty crazy amounts of seals. And for the most part they were dungeons lowbies could actually run. Although Mad Dragon and Wolf's Den were pretty hard for lowbies/newbies. Currently running daily skirmishes for easy AD ain't happening. Previously you could bang out darn near or max your rough AD amount in a skirmish Hour, now the queues are a hell of lot slower and running through is a lot slower overall. And lets be realistic, getting that leadership army takes quite a few character slots, and a hell of a lot of time if your a once a day casual.

If your a ghetto, no money player, your not going to farm the silly Gateway minigame for items for AD because at best your rocking green monsters. Truthfully the best way to make money for no money players is to run CTAs non stop IMO. for several reasons. 1) easy super fast queues allows for you to get a lot of runs during skirimish hour, 2) Multiple chances at eeking out extra AD through green companions and getting super lucky at the refiners cache , 3) The Dyes will occasionally jump up in value if you sit on them.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't want to catch up with vets. I don't even want Perfects, R10s, Legendaries, etc. I'd like a decent chance of getting Normals, R7/8, and Epics through casual play in a reasonable time frame. At the moment this is not the case and they will lose many casuals because of this.

Dracon, rank 7's. They cost 9k AD each, very affordable.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    You can buy them from the AH or through the Seal Vendor.

That's real adventuresome. I want cool enchantments I earn through drops. I can buy stuff buy stuff at WalMart too.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    One of the culprits is the celestial coffer drop rate for coalescent wards. They nerfed it really hard. Before mod 6 I was getting like 1 coal from 10 boxes opened and now I haven't seen one in the ~80 I've opened.