test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why nerfing of IWD, is the worst thing they have done.

vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
when we have a bug list longer than "a tale of two cities" The devs prioritze nerfing IWD RP rewards.

So disappointed
Post edited by vteasy on

Comments

• vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    they drop 1 peridot now...
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    they drop 1 peridot now...

So maybe the big HE's might be worth something again instead of people just going to the small ones for great success easy aqua's?
    edited June 2015

So maybe the big HE's might be worth something again instead of people just going to the small ones for great success easy aqua's?

the effect is significantly longer time to get RP. Also havent' tested the majors. The patch notes didn't say they nerfed only the minors...
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    the effect is significantly longer time to get RP. Also havent' tested the majors. The patch notes didn't say they nerfed only the minors...

Considering people only went to the minors, the the big HEs don't really take significantly longer. Hell the totem of Auril can take as long if not longer sometimes, than the big HEs because of all the people that start the fight then run off dragging the mobs you need to kill with them. It's a clarificationt hing and I for one would rather the big HEs actually be more meaningful than a bunch of bots and people on autopilot getting big rewards for half the content (since most left the HE before it was finished anyways).
    edited June 2015
    Considering people only went to the minors, the the big HEs don't really take significantly longer. Hell the totem of Auril can take as long if not longer sometimes, than the big HEs because of all the people that start the fight then run off dragging the mobs you need to kill with them. It's a clarificationt hing and I for one would rather the big HEs actually be more meaningful than a bunch of bots and people on autopilot getting big rewards for half the content (since most left the HE before it was finished anyways).

the big ones take wwwaaayyy longer, hench why everyone was running the minors. Also they spawn a lot less

remember it takes ~4.5 million to rank up one piece. good luck getting that with major he
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...I am a little surprised that you all are at all surprised...

Wasn't it kinda obvious this would come to an end eventually, and sooner rather than later?

And for the bright side: Hey, they at least announced it! Waaaaaayyyy better than last time, IMHO.
  • ndiovndiov Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2015

They are going to take far more time when IWD is a ghost town and you have to shout in zone for groups like the Dragon harolds.
  • khaymanbbkhaymanbb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dude, did anyone seriously believe this wouldn't be nerfed at one time or another? Consider it a gift, and kick yourself for not taking vacation from work and spending all day in IWD snagging all the aquas. The moment we saw the HE's were dropping these, we started talking about when they are changing this.
    Look at it this way: how many other HE's or, heck anything for that matter, drops a peridot? If they just added a peridot drop, without the aqua, people would still be clamoring IWD. Look at it as a temporary gift, one that some took full advantage of, and go buy them on the AH while they are cheaper than dirt and they skyrocket back up to 1.5 million per stack...
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the caravan guy will need find another route...
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zacazu wrote: »
    the caravan guy will need find another route...

those horses are screwed
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Always the way. Nerf, nerf, nerf. I'm not surprised this is happening.
  • mrsmcsmithymrsmcsmithy Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2015
    Over nerfed as usual , cryptic seem to be able to only do things 1 of 2 ways , either massively over buff or massively over nerf , they never seem to be able to find the middle ground.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    its ok if they proportionally increase big he rewards
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »

I would tend to agree but I really don't see that happening either. One thing you can depend on - NW will always be in a state of flux. I just hope this (slight) nerf means that IWD will be a bit less laggy now.
    I aim to misbehave
  • gfalconiogfalconio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This game become on a nolife experience game with shi..y rewards.
    PVP GF Sword Master Dominion Champion :3
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Im all in for minor HEs nerf if Major HEs stay moreover the same. I hoped for a hunt for Remo/Beholder back, not a mindless "Run into HE, press Q, E, R, run further" thing, where even tanks and healers had to take DPS spells to have a chance for aqua. I really hope Remo reward wasnt reduced to 1 aqua for greater success
  • rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »

when have you ever known the devs to do something equally good when it comes to rp?
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So lets get into it, the shear vast amount of RP needed to get 1, yes 1 item from epic to legendary is a total of 4,074,000 RP , again this is just from EPIC to legendary.

Right now with one great success you get one aquamarine and one peridot.
    Thats a total of 2k RP.

One stack of aquamarines = 148,500 rp
    One stack of Peridot = 49500 rp

Total of 198,000.

It takes approx 1.5 hours to get a stack (+/-) depending on the day.

4,074,000 / 198,000 = approx 20 hours for one item x 4 = approx 80 or more hours to grind items to legendary FROM epic.

THE NEW change of all removal of aquamarines, will make this grind go from 80 hours to APPROX 329 hours of grinding to get 4 items to legendary.

DO YOU SEE that # APPROX over 320 hours!

That is not a acceptable grind rate, not at all.

Cryptic is no dummies, they created a fire storm of the CW changes on the same week, so this wouldnt be talked about at the rate it should be. I have a CW, and ya double nerfing same feat, is a little over the top.

BUT it is NOWHERE over the game reaching issue this RP is.

THEY shouldnt NERF minor HES, THEY SHOULDVE buffed Major ones, make Majors drop Black Opals and people wouldve run them.

THE shear and vast amount of RP needed in game is just ridicilous, they finally put a REASONABLE way to gain it and they remove it.

Frankly we are nearly back to square one.

IN addition my old standby of running dread ring lairs is now nearly worthless, as they do not drop peridots and aquamarines anymore.

Dilemma A... WHERE the heck to we get RP now and
    Dilemma B... What do we play in game, there WAS almost no other rewarding thing to do other then IWD. It was literally the only thing I had left in game. Running DDS is not rewarding, running Tiamat isnt rewarding.

You have totally gimped rewards to the point of the game isnt even worth playing.

You need to fix this, its still the #1 issue in game, or maybe #2 right behind the bugs. But its HAS to be a top issue.

Running the zerg for peridots ISNT enough, it gets too boring to quickly if you are looking at over 300 hours of grind time.

For the love of everything.. dont destroy your own game, we HAVE to have real ways of earning REAL rp value.

Guys, your literally running out of time to keep players.
    edited June 2015
    i was thinking with the rp i earned im gonna get a perfect weapon enchant. great. then im gonna test it and see how awesome it is. and then im gonna stop playing. not quitting just take a break. why? because i have zero incentive to play anymore. wheres the rewards wheres my old dungeons!! CN was my fav!!!!! i used to explore the place!!!!
  • crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I fully agree with the OP. If Cryptic (who were told from PWE) really did this to "encourage" players to buy RP from the ZEN store, they should lower the ridiculous prizes. With this nerf they won't get more players to buy from the ZEN store. They will encourage them to quit the game, because of the ridiculous RP costs of artifact equipment (if only the rewards for putting artifact equipment in other artifact equipment were better - right now it's pitiful. Look at the "artifact into another artifact" rewards: them were made right and reasonable).
    i was thinking with the rp i earned im gonna get a perfect weapon enchant. great. then im gonna test it and see how awesome it is. and then im gonna stop playing. not quitting just take a break. why? because i have zero incentive to play anymore. wheres the rewards wheres my old dungeons!! CN was my fav!!!!! i used to explore the place!!!!
    A little tip here: Lesser Thaumaturge Stones. Way cheaper to get enchantments up
    edited June 2015
    I fully agree with the OP. If Cryptic (who were told from PWE) really did this to "encourage" players to buy RP from the ZEN store, they should lower the ridiculous prizes. With this nerf they won't get more players to buy from the ZEN store. They will encourage them to quit the game, because of the ridiculous RP costs of artifact equipment (if only the rewards for putting artifact equipment in other artifact equipment were better - right now it's pitiful. Look at the "artifact into another artifact" rewards: them were made right and reasonable).

A little tip here: Lesser Thaumaturge Stones. Way cheaper to get enchantments up
    oh no lol im gonna trade the rp for the perfect. worth much more in ad than in rp value to me. its all aquamarines and peridots.
  • mrsmcsmithymrsmcsmithy Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2015
    If this patch is proving one thing it is that cryptic seem to be incapable of finding the middle ground as far as balancing goes , the iwd he's needed to be nerfed but yet again in the same way as they have with SS they have over nerfed them , at worst they should have reduced the reward to 1000 rp for a great success and 500 for an encounter complete , instead it is 500 rp for great success and i'm guessing a rank 5 enchantment for encounter complete.
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    instead it is 500 rp for great success and i'm guessing a rank 5 enchantment for encounter complete.

Which is better then the peridot lol.

ps. i know i know not into artifact equipment.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ... and now entertain the thought of them bringing even more artifact equipment into the game with the future modules.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    regenerde wrote: »
    ... and now entertain the thought of them bringing even more artifact equipment into the game with the future modules.

I enjoy diversity, individuality.. I don't mind if they bring in more artifact gear at all, as long as they give us the means to farm the rp for them and not at a ludicrously low rate. I thought the current farming rate was pretty good. I would have preferred the rewards to be bound than to be nerfed. I sat there and worked out how many hours it would take to farm rp to get all my gear to legendary and it wasn't that daunting.. but now with the uncertainty of the nerf, well.
    It could take many months at the rate I can play the game. With no real way of being able to get ad the option of buying the rp I need is limited to purchases of zen. Which I do not agree with.
    I would rather put money in when I want to, not because I feel I need to just to remain current.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i got an opal in a+5heroic encounter in dw if that helps
    edited June 2015
    arcanjo86 wrote: »
    i got an opal in a+5heroic encounter in dw if that helps

you can get them from epics and majors in pass also. but its a rare drop for both. maybe not anymore though.
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    We have a player base that never hesitates to look a gift horse in the mouth. Here we were handed an opportunity for rewards that simply required a small amount of effort, and all it was met with was complaint after complaint. Well by Crom they listened to your bullsh!t, and we're never getting that back. Thanks ever so much.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Who were the ones complaining? The whales that bought RP to get 8 artifacts up to orange on every character they play. So some bone-headed bean counter at Cryptic figures they need to nerf the HE drops to get everyone else to buy RP. That the rest of us weren't buying RP before was lost on them.

I used to put money into this game when we were actually getting decent drops from dungeons and quests and it was rewarding to play. But the stingier this game gets, the stingier I get.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A big "thanks" to all the cry babies who posted their dislike of the increased RP drop in IWD. You were definitely a small minority, yet you were heard.

This nerf really makes me mad. VERY mad.

Funny thing, I was just contemplating spending more money on this game (after I stopped buying Zen after Mod 6). I'm not sure now. . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,348 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How are they going to "reduce reward"? Does anyone know from Preview server?

Can it be something like: if you don't finish the HE (i.e. leave early or way too early), you get a peridot instead of aquamarine?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***