test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why nerfing of IWD, is the worst thing they have done.

13»

Comments

• vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »
    Yeah to grind 326 hours is a bit much. But you get also RP for your enchantments from daily quests of Sharandar and some RP from your Dread Ring Quests for your Artifacts.
    You can get account bound blue gear from Kessells Retreat for Free which you can salvage to get rough astral diamonds and because they are account bound (the items) you can shift them to another character and increase your daily astral income. Then you can buy more RP via the auction house. Rank 4 enchantments are cheap to get your artifacts to mythic which is the easiest way to get on some stat points not to upgrade your artifact GEAR to legendary.
    So for all Freeplayers Artifacts to Mythic (or Rank 139) => Enchantments to Rank 8-9 => Epic Artifact Gear to Legendary => Slot more Rank 8-9 Enchantments. If you now have trouble to get your artifacts upgraded you will most likely never get anything other done.
    But yeah we need way to earn RP solely for Artifact Weapons (maybe dailies from the well of dragon rewards with a couple of resonance stones?).

I would love if they added resonance stones to the dailies. and for that matter to the non-herald HE's as well. Give us a change of scenery from Icewind if we want
  • inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    group5e wrote: »
    Dude listen to yourself... don't you think it benefits those "whales" to encourage free RP? Its easy to buy instead of grind. "Whales" don't want to grind and want the best gear when it comes out. That means they WANT cheap RP on the AH.
    my friend you've failed to see the larger picture, the whales complained because they were already at legendary level. They wanted to protect the edge they have. Having others reach legendary level on all their artifacts would mean they weren't a whale anymore, just another fish in the sea.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Everything in this game levels way too quickly. Period. It should take MONTHS to get a character from level 1 to whatever the level cap is.

I'm not thrilled with the number of RPs I need to sink into each of my 7 artifacts, but whatever. I have other things to work on as well.. finishing up my IWD boons (which maybe I can now that there's less lag in there from the Herd Encounter train), and back to grinding DR for the rest of the Thayan gear. I do still have a couple of boons left in ToD as well, but the steep cost of Linu's favors is almost prohibitive in getting them, but I will eventually get them. At some point, especially if the lag monster ever gets fixed, I'll be ready to crank out some T2 dungeon runs, so I'm looking forward to that. And, of course, playing some more ToT.

In the meanwhile, I like to run the Harpers stuff a couple times a week, I'm working on writing more Foundry quests, and, of course, helping Guild members who thought they'd take the "easy" route to level 70 by PvPing and/or just running local dragons, only to find out that I've leveled 3 characters to 70 via EE, averaging 5 days each of casual grind.

There's plenty to do. Either enjoy the journey or go play WoW.

This game is what you make of it. So the game is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. We all get that. However, you can polish a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    blame players or bad feedbacks dont make sense. the devs create that rp farm thing waiting for a result "x", but maybe whats happening is "y".

why they dont announced a "15 days of farm event" excuse (and see whats happening) i dont know... be conservative sometimes can prevent a lot of problems.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And you are upset because you thought it would last forever? All Cryptic had to do was look at the Drop Metrics. At an individual Level the drops may have been right for you but on an aggregate level the amount being dropped unbound was way out of line. Most of the more serious players knew it would get nerfed. The Most surprising things was that they put it in the patch notes instead of just changing it and then pretending that it had always been that way.

No amount of RP is really enough.. it might have become reasonable, but why are we opposed to that?

Every new player needs that outrageous amount, which now equals 320+ hours of grinding.

Now.. whats the point, you might accept epic level ones and forget legendary.

Yes, I expected it to last for the foreseeable future.

In addition, cryptic is making a name for themselves here, this whole flip/floppy wishy/washy way of handling things, is got to stop.

Reasonable grind levels CANNOT include 320+ hours of grinding. I do not know of one mmo, NOT one that wouldve accepted that and released it as a western mmo (Dont bring up some obscure korean game.. who cares, 99% of us would never play one of those and wouldnt get a dime of our money in them either)

They want paying customers.. paying MMO customers expect something better then 320+ hours of a grind.
  • peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Admittedly, I spent around $80 in the last two days, converted it to AD, then bought RP last night when it was near 2.0 AD/1 RP. It was the best price I had seen since mod 5 was released/I started and had the cash on hand to do it. But, that's it. That's all I have, for a hobby/games for an entire year. And of my four characters, I figured out I can't upgrade even a single one to BiS. Actually having the mass of RP in hand, having it ready to go to let me play with people in the 3 dungeons we have... it f***in' sucks. There's no way I can see to get the gear needed to do dungeons without being carried by guild members who predate Caturday and the myriad of set backs this game has implemented to keep even pay to play players from feeling inadequate to participate. I'm a very small-time developer, and this was a very hopeful entertainment, but there's no curve here. I reach 60 and they tell me to grind. 16 repetitions to progress to the next tier, then repeat. Then you get some BS "artifact" weapons you have to grind to turn into worthwhile BiS/<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. THAT's "new" content?: "EVERYTHING YOU WORKED ON IS OBSOLETE AND WE WON'T FIX IT/MADE IT THAT WAY", is ****ing harsh. I dealt with it. I ground my main to 70 with new blues. I have been leveling my Pali to see the class be awesome again (60+ has made everything difficult. I look on to those in need and want to help, but I look at my gold/injury kits and think, "I'm just another liability to them, they're better off without me around". At first I thought it was my HR, but even my OP feels this way.) If they thought this mod would force us to play together, I can only offer my experience: BEING CARRIED SUCKS. It may be the worst experience I've had in a game. If my guild where anything but chockfull of patient people, I wouldn't have the single piece of T1 gear you decided to give me in eight (8?!? you *O@&#$^!%^&* must be kidding) runs (with paid keys too) of eLoL. And I cannot stress how HORRIBLE it feels to ask someone to just keep me alive as I grind for gear I cannot have, not even with 2.5K iLvl, nor with all the money my AAPL stock has made over the last 10 years. I know there are those whose focus is narrow enough to upgrade through smaller investments and they may be happy with the return - I haven't read a single post from one of them, but I'll assume you aren't completely blood-sucking pieces of ****; but, since mod 6, I am finding that you want to make it perfectly clear: I am not worthy. Unless I put out $1K or more for RP, my FOUR characters are going to be useless in the few dungeons you have given us back.
    If a dev or mod should decide it worthy of them to speak to us, please explain why both paying and non-paying players, who engage the RPG elements of the game, or engage in PvE and the story you seem to want us to pay attention to, are so scorned by you. If there's something my money has done wrong, please tell me and I will endeavor to prevent it from cursing you with it's presence again. If your Mythic stuff doesn't work and that's why you made sure no one with a life/mortgage/budget can get it, please tell us - so we can at least not be filing more bug reports/explaining to our family what we were thinking by paying to play your game. If you just hate us and want to burn the game down, then just be decent enough to say so. The "Adventurers! We figured out another way to say F**K YOU!" is getting old quick.
    I was looking for a D&D based video game, not a self-hating grind into default. Mod 5 was rough. Clearly some idiot had broken the exchange, but it was tolerable, but... ... ... MILLIONS?!? MILLIONS of RP and you will only hand it out 100 a DAILY? ARE YOU KIDDING?!? PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE KIDDING... 500 IS NOT ENOUGH. 1500 IS SAD.
    You could have used this to fix the AD/Zen market, instead you decided to **** it. Great job on economics. You blew it and I doubt people will trust you enough to fix it for another year or two. GG
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yeah, where is that caravan going into the wilds instead of heading to the road (gate to caer-konig), they are going to most dangerous mob camps.
  • vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    urlord283 wrote: »
    Lots of folks on this very forum ask for this and now we have it

I just don't get it

So many complaining about IWD the lag caused by the extra folks, the big gain of RP how unfair it is to nerf Dragon Hoard gems....

How bad it was for bots

So now they have listened and acted

So if you like it congrats

If not

Be careful what you say

Urord
    Interesting.
    People have been asking for SW to be fixed ever since mod 5, we're almost through mod 6, and all it has received are nerfs.
    People have also been asking to make dragon hoard enchants useful again, and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> all with that.
    It almost seems like they are at most using people askign for something as an excuse for their moves.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Ive given up on getting rp in the game.. Ive also stopped spending money, there is a big correlation to me. I will not pay for things like RP for basic progression in game.

Neither will I pay for experience, its SO laughable to see these things.. Average user ratio on steam has dropped ALMOST 1000 more in the last month (and yes I know its not the best measure, but they wont release thier #s, I KNOW less peole then ever play this game.

When you lose a couple hundred mal contents .. no game really suffers, when you lose thousands and thousands of players .. those players (even at a casual 10 bucks a quarter spending.. we are talking about maybe up to 500k gone a year in profit.

It just seems weird to me what they are doing..

But good luck to them I guess.