What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Noobie Help: Quick List of Stuff I wish I knew before I learned the Hard Way

2»

Comments

• brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    heethin wrote: »
    The Gateway:Visit the Gateway (It is not available for ANY players).

FTFY

10charminimum
  • chompzzchompzz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tried searching, couldn't find an answer. How many Astral Diamonds is the "Brilliant Diamond" refining stone worth in the auction house? I play on Xbox One version so They AH doesnt hold a lot of materials yet. Thanks.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A small note about discarding lock-boxes, completely agree that they are not the most useful thing for a new player, but they stack up to 999 now and in the long run some become a bit valuable. for example a stack of rusted is about 300k AD. So if a new player leveling / gearing during a good lockbox (actually playing, killing stuff and getting the boxes) he can keep them for sometime and sell later after the boxes change once or twice or even more for a good box (there are usually two boxes per mod) for some change.

It costs nothing, they are auto picked and can be kept in a guild bank or mailed or anything , so they are flexible in storage.
  • heethinheethin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    chompzz wrote: »
    Tried searching, couldn't find an answer. How many Astral Diamonds is the "Brilliant Diamond" refining stone worth in the auction house? I play on Xbox One version so They AH doesnt hold a lot of materials yet. Thanks.

I don't play Xbox, but I've been shocked at the reports of how expensive even useless stuff is. I'm guessing the market is still maturing. So, PC experience is no help at the moment... "it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay." Is all I've got.

But, you could figure out a reasonable price based on the Blood Ruby, which *should* have a fixed price in AD (cause you can buy a blood ruby with Zen). Compare their refinement points and set the price for your Diamond.
    edited April 2015
    micky1p00 wrote: »
    A small note about discarding lock-boxes...

Good point. Added a comment.
  • lukej999lukej999 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Where do you enter the codes?
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    If you mean redeem codes from giveaways and such, you require this. That's PWE official game software from which you can play all their games. Log in, the down arrow in the top left corner.

....what?

YOU reply to a necro thread without noticing all the buzzing flies?

There's a two month gap in this thread, which happens to start roundabout the release date of Mod 6 - and hence IMHO it should better drift southwards before someone relies on faulty advice further up. I don't say it might not be full of gems of wisdom, but...
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Not sure if it has been mentioned, but:

Don't dye or transmute account bound gear. It will become character bound.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I figure a thread like this can always be relevant. Maybe it should even be stickied in the PvE section, now that we have one.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That is a wonderful list - wish it had been around a when I started 2 years ago :)

Here's one to add - you don't have to visit Rhix in PE to turn in and get skirmish, foundry, and dungeon quests. You can access those quests from the page that loads when you first log in or by pressing "L". In the lower left is a button that brings up Rhix's quest dialog.
    There's a two month gap in this thread, which happens to start roundabout the release date of Mod 6 - and hence IMHO it should better drift southwards before someone relies on faulty advice further up. I don't say it might not be full of gems of wisdom, but...

When the forum moved over to Vanilla, all of the links were busted, and I couldn't figure out how to update the original. Seems like the mods have fixed the links and I learned how to edit the OP... so, I'll attempt to keep it current. If it gets locked down, I hope I can look to you for a shoulder to cry on. :))

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    6. If you're able to save up enough, or if you have some Zen to convert to ADs, you can get a Dragon Cult 20-slot bag on the AH for about 215K ADs - converted to Zen, this works out under 500 Zen - a much better option than buying a bag of holding for Zen.

Also would add that any bags, other than the ones you get for free in Neverdeath and Black Lake District, can be emptied and sent to another alt.
    ... and bags are now directly bop after buying them.

But i think the bag from the full Dragonborn Pack is account wide?
    Might be worth to safe some AD -> ZEN for that pack, instead of buying any bag separate now.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde wrote: »

Thanks, that's been corrected in the OP.
    Might be worth to safe some AD -> ZEN for that pack, instead of buying any bag separate now.

If you can verify, I'll add a note.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    I can confirm this. Buy one Dragonborn pack and every toon on the account can get one bag from the rewards guy (30 slot iirc).
    It's not cheap though - 7500 Zen, but ever toon also gets an artifact and a ring that can be used at any level.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    heethin wrote: »

Thanks, that's been corrected in the OP.

If you can verify, I'll add a note.

Individual Zen bags are technically BoE, but apparently they'll auto-equip on purchase if you have an open bag slot, without giving a bind warning. That's my understanding of the issue, anyway. The hell if I'm buying a bag just to test it. All my unbound bags warn me if I try to drag them around in slots, but I hear that removing bags from mail and possibly bank slots does the same thing, auto-equip without warning.

Dragonborn pack can be claimed on all characters.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia