test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

dragon heralds still way too much.

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
today, i just witnessed an epic fail, with 10 mins and many were at green dragon, and we failed to kill, we had 15-20 players, by the end of 10 mins, dragon had 35-40% remaining health.

what going on here? since mod 6 made it a nightmare, and we had at least killed 4-5 dragons, some other servers had some jumpers to get 6th kills.
i just got back from vacation, and was shocked, did those dragons got beefed up even more than intended or was suppose to tone down due to lags, and some spells nerfed?

devs you need to bring back mod 5 format.
champgain was all about solo quests and able to join some HE events if desired, so the players can work on boons.

mod 6 is the biggest flaw.
many players are having hard choices, to give up playing and go on other games, or sit out as inactive in hoping to be fixed.

now, players cant do the champgain, then they cant get boons in order to survive the dungeon runs to get next tier armor upgrades, then some cant even play.
NWO are getting lot of nasty names calling jokes, they said it is not Neverwinter, it is now Neverending Grinder, Neverplay Again, or "Neverlistening", and some said it is no longer as RPG and it became as Refining Point Grinder. these are few examples.

the game was meant to be fun, not as frustrations, folks need relief from RL grind and they dont want a "2nd job" game.

if other players are demanding harder game, it will drive away some other players, you devs need to balace the contents, you need to create extreme "hardcore zone" copies of standard dungeon zones if they want more challenges.

right now, my other alts still cant get any boons, it is a serious major roadblock to character's progressions, no boons or any zone currencies that need for newer armors, all seem out of reach, and they quit.
it is not the players fault, this mod 6 shouldnt be released as raw, unfinished, broken damage factors, as leveling up become more nightmare than becoming stronger, but it feel so backward.

we need to be able to kill dragons, now i see more failures as it become unkillable within 10 minutes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Those 15-20 players were bad, that's all.

I've done a lot of runs ending with the 5 heralds dead in 10 minutes.
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    umsche wrote: »

So or you're talking about pre-mo6 runs or the all-frag-instance-fighting-the-dragons...
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Normal mod6 dragon runs after blade bug correction and before we knew of that glitch.

I haven't done one lately though, I guess big hitting whales are too busy farming IWD.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Stop being awful at the game then.

Go read some guide. If you can't kill a dragon in 10 mins with a group of 15-20, the problem is those 15-20
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    a group of 20 should be able to do at least 2-3 dragons.

You might not get all five anymore.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    wylonus wrote: »

Are u kiddin?? Kindergarden mod 5? Where every usual geared player made dungeons like CN solo? I hope we will never ever get a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mod like mod 5 again.
    20 ppl cant kill 1 dragon? Can happen that you are in a grp with 20 ppl they are all bad.

• mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A decent group of 20 should be able to get one dragon, but the only times I've seen all 5 go down was in an instance with 40 people. We really shouldn't have to overload the instance to get multiple dragons down.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »

This is reasonable. The group of 20 need to actually know how to buff and debuff in a group, and not just be a bunch of schmucks using bad builds.

See... in M5, a bunch of schmucks using bad builds could still slaughter the Heralds.

As some have implied, Herald-farming has dropped in popularity because people are RP-farming in IWD.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    its a bad group trust me. im a cw and i do a lot of damage and am average geared and with a medium ok group i can handle at least 3 dragons every run. its just that most the good players went to iwd.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,348 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    its a bad group trust me. im a cw and i do a lot of damage and am average geared and with a medium ok group i can handle at least 3 dragons every run. its just that most the good players went to iwd.

+1.
    The Dragon Heralds was a popular farming ground. I was doing 5 dragons (and sometime 4, minimum 3 for a bad run). Yes, it is mod 6.
    Now, I go to IWD for farming because it is more efficient. I don't really to wait for an hour, don't really monitor the chat to find instance, etc.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've had my share of epic fails, but a good group can kill all 5 heralds in les than 10 min. a Great group can kill all five, change instance and have a chance to kill a second Green.

• flavanevaflavaneva Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    change instance and have a chance to kill a second Green.

Surely you mean white? ;) Most I did in mod6 was 7 a couple of times, white and black as no 6 and 7. Most runs were 4-5, but 3 wasn't uncommon either if I was late to join a decent instance.
    However, it might not have been 15-20 bad people, might have been a laggy instance where the dmg dealt simply didn't register. I have had plenty of those.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »

It takes about 30 to get any traction on the dragon heralds these days. Certainly to do more than 1. It takes almost the full 40 to get all 5.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    flavaneva wrote: »
    Surely you mean white? ;) Most I did in mod6 was 7 a couple of times, white and black as no 6 and 7. Most runs were 4-5, but 3 wasn't uncommon either if I was late to join a decent instance.
    However, it might not have been 15-20 bad people, might have been a laggy instance where the dmg dealt simply didn't register. I have had plenty of those.

I've done 8 in Mod 6 - it requires a good group and everyone knowing what they are doing. 15-20 people might not be able to get 5, but should be able to take down at least 3 unless they are all newly level 70 or they aren't yet 70 (and have been scaled up).
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That's probably because the geared people were mostly in IWD doing HEs the last week. With the nerf today, you should be going back to Heralds soon, if not now.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Do not listen to the people in this discussion. It does not surprise me at all that 20 average players could not kill 1 dragon in 10 minutes. I have been in groups like that myself. It doesn't mean that these players are "bad", it only means that they are average. The people in this discussion who are calling these players "bad" are ones who are so far beyond average that they have forgotten what average means. I would suggest, that about 5-10 minutes before the dragon heralds event begins, that you switch instances to the most populated instance that you can, and that you invite as many people as you can from zone chat to join you in that instance. That will maximize your chance of success. It will most likely take you 30+ people to kill one or more dragons in 10 minutes' time, provided that no one is using an exploit. That is not unusual or surprising, that is just a part of the changes that came with mod6.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    Do not listen to the people in this discussion. It does not surprise me at all that 20 average players could not kill 1 dragon in 10 minutes. I have been in groups like that myself. It doesn't mean that these players are "bad", it only means that they are average. The people in this discussion who are calling these players "bad" are ones who are so far beyond average that they have forgotten what average means. I would suggest, that about 5-10 minutes before the dragon heralds event begins, that you switch instances to the most populated instance that you can, and that you invite as many people as you can from zone chat to join you in that instance. That will maximize your chance of success. It will most likely take you 30+ people to kill one or more dragons in 10 minutes' time, provided that no one is using an exploit. That is not unusual or surprising, that is just a part of the changes that came with mod6.

Don't switch to the most populated instance. There might be a lot of people not intending to do Dragon Heralds. Rather, around :30 every hour there should be some people calling for "#x green fresh". Switch to instance x and start from GREEN instead of white now you get a better chance of a better group.
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    healary wrote: »
    Don't switch to the most populated instance. There might be a lot of people not intending to do Dragon Heralds. Rather, around :30 every hour there should be some people calling for "#x green fresh". Switch to instance x and start from GREEN instead of white now you get a better chance of a better group.

^^This. I'm a very average player and following this recipe I get 5 dragons most times. Something has to go horribly wrong to get less than three.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    okay, i tried to get in most dense player base zone, they often said zone are full and please try again, so we had about 20 which it should had at least 2 dragons. then i found it was those knights come out of nowhere, few were from local camps, i was seeing "elite" 73 lvls out of nowhere, those in camps are non-elites.
    anyway, these elite 73s are making one shots, there was like 15 elites and unkillable.

i can see why many went to IWD for gems farming until devs nerfed, then WoD seem to be back normal with many upgraded players and managed to kill 5 dragons, last kill was barely few seconds left.

often i see some zones did drop some numbers when a zone is 40, and some of players dont attend for heralds, just hogging at camps afk'ed, and forcing others seeking most "active" zone for herald runs few more times.
    it is rare to see a full 40 going for heralds, some are lucky to get 35 players attending on some zones with few afks at camps.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    When fails like the OP-described happen it can be entertaining to ogle some of your runmates. You can sometimes see funny things like chars with e.g 8k Crit stat, 250 ArPen. But 20 PUG players is a rather tight fit for that Herald Dragon, anyway. IMHO the difficulty should be fine when with a full map instance (including the four or five quest runners not coming to the fight) of 3k+/- ILvl chars the five Heralds can be done with a minute or two to spare. And AFAIK we're somewhat close to that...
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i may have a better idea and better incentive motivator for players.
    revise herald dragon event runs.
    change herald or add by npc for once a day, after fifth kill in same zone, players get 1 favor a day, if any players failed to complete and they have another chance to get 5th kill reward to have a favor.
    any other non-quest herald runs can yeild any random rewards.

getting 50 favors is a long time for last 2 boons. devs should know this is just a game, and should help players to reach any amount of goals they needed or set up by them.
    getting favors from tiamat seem to be non-exist and devs seem dont want to spend time to DO a Major overhauling horde of elite legion devils, to the players, it doesnt seem realistic and it is still unwinable.
    Normal mod6 dragon runs after blade bug correction and before we knew of that glitch.

I haven't done one lately though, I guess big hitting whales are too busy farming IWD.

+1. I participated many runs that got all 5. The minimum was at least 3 in a bad run. However, it was before IWD farming. The reward of the herald run is not great in comparison.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    okay, i tried to get in most dense player base zone, they often said zone are full and please try again, so we had about 20 which it should had at least 2 dragons. then i found it was those knights come out of nowhere, few were from local camps, i was seeing "elite" 73 lvls out of nowhere, those in camps are non-elites.
    anyway, these elite 73s are making one shots, there was like 15 elites and unkillable.

i can see why many went to IWD for gems farming until devs nerfed, then WoD seem to be back normal with many upgraded players and managed to kill 5 dragons, last kill was barely few seconds left.

often i see some zones did drop some numbers when a zone is 40, and some of players dont attend for heralds, just hogging at camps afk'ed, and forcing others seeking most "active" zone for herald runs few more times.
    it is rare to see a full 40 going for heralds, some are lucky to get 35 players attending on some zones with few afks at camps.

We go to IWD not because the WoD Herald run is tough. It is because it is not rewarding and have a time limit. Must be there at that time and .....

Killing 5 was 'normal' before we went for IWD farming.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I do not know what you are talking about. I was just in a group, last night, that dropped all 5 with 4 minutes to spare. We could have transferred to another instance and killed 2 more.

Do I think they need to be nerfed? NFW...
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    spideymt wrote: »

Are u kiddin?? Kindergarden mod 5? Where every usual geared player made dungeons like CN solo? I hope we will never ever get a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mod like mod 5 again.
    20 ppl cant kill 1 dragon? Can happen that you are in a grp with 20 ppl they are all bad.

Well, some of us just do not want to put hundreds of dollars into a game to buy the best of everything. I have been playing since Mod 2 and I have NEVER EVER been able to solo CN, not to mention I think I have only been successful a handful of times. Just because this was "EASY" for the few whale wallet warriors does NOT mean WE should be denied the chance to play at OUR level. GEEEZE

Well, some of us just do not want to put hundreds of dollars into a game to buy the best of everything. I have been playing since Mod 2 and I have NEVER EVER been able to solo CN, not to mention I think I have only been successful a handful of times. Just because this was "EASY" for the few whale wallet warriors does NOT mean WE should be denied the chance to play at OUR level. GEEEZE

This has nothing to do with money. I have not paid a cent to this game. I don't have one item which is the best. I could not solo any real dungeon in any mod (unless I over-level it by a lot). You cannot finish the dragon by yourself. It is the group of people to go for the dragon run is not good enough. For example, if the group consists of mostly OP and DC, good luck killing a dragon fast.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Which is why any open world HE shouldnt be all that difficult honestly.. as you cannot control full instances.. it also hurts in tiamat.. becuase you cant control the group make up, so they need to either gate the zone better or make it so you can control the instances.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    I see groups doing them all the time i am there. Perhaps the op should add "for some people" to the title.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    I actually tried it for the first time since Mod "Disaster" came out. We were able to kill 3 of the 5 before time ran out, but the damn trash mobs were/are more dangeous then the Dragons themselves. Wow, the fun is just gone for me, I need to get back to work so I can rest from this game.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I actually tried it for the first time since Mod "Disaster" came out. We were able to kill 3 of the 5 before time ran out, but the damn trash mobs were/are more dangeous then the Dragons themselves. Wow, the fun is just gone for me, I need to get back to work so I can rest from this game.

Here are some tips to being on a good Herald run.

- Pay attention to Zone chat... there will be people discussing which instances to go to.
    - They usually choose instances with very low population so more people can squeeze in. I have been able to preempt them by choosing to head to the least populated instance.
    - It is also best to be there before :30. Because the first of the instances start filling at or around :24.
    - If you get there early enough you may be able to help with another HE. One that has given me the Lostmauth Necklace.
    - Unless there are close to 40 people in the instance... it is likely that you will not kill ALL of the dragons... if you can kill any.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance