test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elven Armor - A grind fest

relkindxrelkindx Member Posts: 77 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I've got my Raid Armor set, I did eLOL about 10 times. I got the armor and arms to drop and bought the feet and head with seals. I then went back to IWD to gather all of the black ice I'd need to improve my forge and then improve my armor. Now I'm ready for the next level - Elven Armor. I haven't done eCC or eTOS or eGWD yet but in talking to a guildie he has done it once. He told me he got 2 seals for finishing itand 40 seals in the cache of the protector (which you can only get once a day). Anyways just so my math is clear. 1800 total seals (600 + 400 + 400 + 400) / 42 per day

The most efficient way to get all of the seals to buy all for pieces is for me to do the epic dungeons 43 times!

Is this the only way. At least for the raid armor, you could get some pieces as drops.

My favorite part of the story was that he pugged to get the group and that they only beat the last boss by bugging it. He wasn't quite sure what they did exactly, but they definitely didn't burn him down. Is it still the case that the only people beating these dungeons are either BIS or bugging. 43 times is bad enough, but do I even realistically have a chance at beating the dungeon legit, and do I really have to do it 43 times (each on a different day).
Post edited by relkindx on

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's 2 seals per boss. Not much better, but either way, yes it takes time.
  • kevinevolutionkevinevolution Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2015
    I feel like they are trying to keep us occupied with that grinding for something....
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can't the armor pieces drop from the end chests, just like the Raid pieces can for eLoL/VT?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Can't the armor pieces drop from the end chests, just like the Raid pieces can for eLoL/VT?

Nope. It's a grind.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jondbx wrote: »
    Nope. It's a grind.

that is just dumb, might as well add them to ardent rewards for like 150
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jondbx wrote: »
    Nope. It's a grind.

The eCC, eGWD, and eTOS tool tips say a chance to earn level 132 gear. Is this an error? I don't know what the drop rate is, but I'd imagine that you can get two pieces to drop before you get enough seals to buy the other two. I haven't started yet on the elven set. But if I had to grind every seal for all four pieces, I won't do it. I'd rather spend my time doing the IWD HEs to level up the artifact equipment.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Everything is a grind these days.. ever since at least Mod 4. The same quests over and over and over to get slightly better armor so you can grind all over again to get more slightly better armor. That eventually gets nerfed.

Yeah, it's discouraging.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    edited June 2015
    The eCC, eGWD, and eTOS tool tips say a chance to earn level 132 gear. Is this an error? I don't know what the drop rate is, but I'd imagine that you can get two pieces to drop before you get enough seals to buy the other two. I haven't started yet on the elven set. But if I had to grind every seal for all four pieces, I won't do it. I'd rather spend my time doing the IWD HEs to level up the artifact equipment.

The 132 gear is the elemental armor, not the Elven armor.
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Got my burning elemental set and don't really see any reason to get anything else. Even from the t1 rare set the stats are negligible.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I most likely will never get any... cause I am very poor in Epic DDs

Very sad

Urlord
    edited June 2015
    carrytiex wrote: »
    Got my burning elemental set and don't really see any reason to get anything else. Even from the t1 rare set the stats are negligible.

*looks at elven armor, then looks at T1, then looks at this comment*

I guess it depends on personal view point. Since majority of people consider even a 0.1% increase an improvement, I don't think the increase is negligible. But considering most of the wallet warriors, it might not add much for them.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The 132 gear is the elemental armor, not the Elven armor.

Oh snap. Didn't realize this. Having to beat the dungeons 43 times is a bit much for me. And these dungeons are incredibly hard, probably most people will get the sets by doing 2/3 dungeon runs and getting the seals slowly that way. F-that. I'm not even going to bother with the T2. By the time I get the last piece, a new mod would make them obsolete. I'll just grind the IWD HEs then. I can at least make the 132 gear with all the black ice I get from them.
    edited June 2015
    Oh snap. Didn't realize this. Having to beat the dungeons 43 times is a bit much for me. And these dungeons are incredibly hard, probably most people will get the sets by doing 2/3 dungeon runs and getting the seals slowly that way. F-that. I'm not even going to bother with the T2. By the time I get the last piece, a new mod would make them obsolete. I'll just grind the IWD HEs then. I can at least make the 132 gear with all the black ice I get from them.

39 and change actually. The first post was in error. You get 2 tokens per boss.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The grind is painfully slow. Technically you get 50 seals the first run of the day. 40 from the protector's cache, 2 from each boss (2x3) and 4 from the dungeon chest box. Then it's up to the player if they want to grind over and over for 10 seals during that same day or just farm 2/3...

Need ~940 seals for my last 2 pieces.. going to be a very long trip.

Is it worth it.. not really IMO, but there's not much else to do in game right now...
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    *looks at elven armor, then looks at T1, then looks at this comment*

I guess it depends on personal view point. Since majority of people consider even a 0.1% increase an improvement, I don't think the increase is negligible. But considering most of the wallet warriors, it might not add much for them.

alliance raid armlets (blue t1):
    8485 hp
    509 crit
    763 recovery
    310 defense
    total (hp /4 for fair comparison): 3903.25

elven assault armlets:
    9520 hp
    851 power
    567 arpen
    327 defense

Total: 4125

Difference 221.75 so I guess it's still something, but it's still only a 5.7% boost. I'd rather work on something more pemanent like enchantments and semi permanent artifacts.

To me, there's just little incentive to actually farm it up. The minor difference isn't going to make much of a difference in pve (especially with lower stat lines that need more into a stat to make a difference) and in pvp you want tenacity. If there were more rewards for dungeons like there used to be, then sure.

The thing is that I've never been compelled to upgrade armour. A few stat bonuses never made up for the better set bonuses of high vizier, and now a few stat bonuses doesn't really compel me to upgrade purely for that when I know I can just wait until next module and get something that is likely better anyway. That's what the re-release of artifact equipment has done to me.

If I continued to enjoy the game, I'd be doing IWD more right now. Instead I've got 1 more day worth of sharandar dailies on my paladin and I'm practically done with anything I want (used lightly) to do and there's really not much else that is worth doing apart from the stated IWD. And that's if they don't ruin it by nerfing it which I'm sceptical about considering how they've nerfed and restricted so much else.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...the only stat that still counts are the HP.

And, I think is sweet that finally some people have gotten to the point where they burst out with their anger. Yes, the grind is horrible. I'll maybe start that when and if the next mod doesn't make all that gear obsolete again.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I actually got everything T(EDITED i have no idea what number should go here ..lol) , except the freaking armor.
    Helm, gloves, boots. The armor itself is 600 protector seals... sighs.. and after killing that sweet ToS queen so many times without it droping i lost any hope of finishing that set..

Unless i improve my black ice thingy to lv 5.. and get 200k black ice..
    So yes it is all about the grinding lately. I am giving up on t2.
    Doing it for 3 h a run is not worth it..
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    araneax wrote: »
    I actually got everything t2 except the freaking armor.
    Helm, gloves, boots. The armor itself is 600 protector seals... sighs.. and after killing that sweet ToS queen so many times without it droping i lost any hope of finishing that set..

Unless i improve my black ice thingy to lv 5.. and get 200k black ice..
    So yes it is all about the grinding lately. I am giving up on t2. Doing it for 3 h a run is not worth it for a one belt or boots..

T2 elven armor (iLvl 135) is not dropable.

T1.5 elemental (iLvl132) is, I've seen it severall times in the chest at the end of eCC.

Black Ice won't get you any iLvl 135 stuff, it only upgrades 130 to 132 at lvl 4 and 135 to 137 at lvl 5.
    edited June 2015
    umsche wrote: »

T1.5 elemental (iLvl132) is, I've seen it severall times in the chest at the end of eCC.

Black Ice won't get you any iLvl 135 stuff, it only upgrades 130 to 132 at lvl 4 and 135 to 137 at lvl 5.

Then correction is in order. XD Not T2 , gloves and boots are elemental alliance: T1.5 Armor. ( Lv 132 ) ?
    The one you get with protector seals right is T__ , ?

Also, question : You get elven with protector seals = T2 ? And elemental alliance is : T1.5 and they drop from bosses and chests at the end of the bosses ? And T1 is alliance blue ? Correct?

Or i have it in totally wrong order...
    I am missing elemental elven ..right?

Can someone please , explain to me, cos it seems i confused myself to the point i have no idea what i am doing. :P

edited June 2015
    araneax wrote: »
    Then correction is in order. XD Not full T2 , gloves and boots are elemental alliance: T1.5 Armor. ( Lv 132 ) The one you get with protector seals right is T2 , correct?
    Also, question : You get elven with protector seals = T2 ? And elemental alliance is : T1.5 and they drop from bosses and chests at the end of the bosses ? And T1 is alliance blue ? Correct?

Or i have it in totally wrong order...
    I am missing elemental elven ..right?

I think talking about armor tier is archaic and only leads to confusion, I prefer using iLvl.

But yeah you could say T1 is alliance blue(130), T1.5 is elemental alliance purple(132), T2 is elven(135) and T2.5 is elemental elven (137).

130 drops from T1 dungeons and elemental seals, 132 drops from T2 dugeons. 135 you get with protector seals through massive grind fest and 137 you get from Black ice shaping your 135 at the cost of your 2 arms and your children's legs.
    edited June 2015
    I think talking about armor tier is archaic and only leads to confusion, I prefer using iLvl.

But yeah you could say T1 is alliance blue(130), T1.5 is elemental alliance purple(132), T2 is elven(135) and T2.5 is elemental elven (137).

130 drops from T1 dungeons and elemental seals, 132 drops from T2 dugeons. 135 you get with protector seals through massive grind fest and 137 you get from Black ice shaping your 135 at the cost of your 2 arms and your children's legs.

Thank you!!!! <3

So, by that... i have 1 helm ( 135 ) boots and gloves ( 132 ) and armor ( 130 )
    thank you for clearing it for me. =)

• juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Sincerely hoping that whoever thought this was a good idea is among those no longer working for Cryptic. To put top end gear behind such an obscenely long grind is a HUGE insult to the player base.
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Personaly i havent bothered about the elven armour, got my full burning elemental set, which might have slightly less crit/arp than the elven raid stuff, but besides that is more than enough to fullfill my needs. And yeah no way in hell i am doing 40 dungeons runs that takes 3 hours each... In the same time i could grind 12million worth of RP in IWD, not that i wanna do that either:)

Besides the only place here u need that stuff is in the T2 dungeons, and yeah since they drop nothing els worth your time I cant really see the point.
    edited June 2015
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Personaly i havent bothered about the elven armour, got my full burning elemental set, which might have slightly less crit/arp than the elven raid stuff, but besides that is more than to fullfill my needs. And yeah no way in hell i am doing 40 dungeons runs that takes 3 hours each... In the same time i could grind 12million worth of RP in IWD, not that i wanna do that either:)

I think you would do better with 132 stuff, since they don't have wasted stats.
  • kr0nixx#5213 kr0nixx Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The dungeons are fun, if you find it a grind you are playing them for the wrong reasons. Also, and i wont sugar coat this, you need a better guild that has some experienced players willing and eager to run with the lesser geared players to help them gear up.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's actually 50 seals per run, assuming you get the cache. 2 per boss + 4 in the chest + 40 in the cache. So 36 days.

My guild has finished eCC and eGWD, but we just run eToS over and over again. It's honestly gotten pretty trivial now, and it's easy for us to rotate people in and out so we can all get our daily caches. eCC and eGWD are fun, but they're just too much work to keep grinding through for those seals.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing them up the Protector Seal drops from the bosses. Maybe 4 per boss and 8 in the chest at the end for a total of 20. Because outside of getting the Protector's Cache once per day, it's tough to stay motivated enough to keep farming the dungeon over and over again unless I'm helping more guildmates get their cache.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited June 2015
    carrytiex wrote: »

Difference 221.75 so I guess it's still something, but it's still only a 5.7% boost. I'd rather work on something more pemanent like enchantments and semi permanent artifacts.

I think you need to take the entire outfit into account and compare. Since the stats have been rearranged with most sets on purpose it seems. Either way, unless Menzoberanzan comes out with a tier 3 set, I don't think the tier 2 set is going anywhere fast.
  • shieragoshierago Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Still a grind, but I'd recommend getting T1 set then doing pvp to get burning set. I have it, my armor pen is over 60% and all other stats are fairly high. I know it sucks feeling "forced" to do a lot of pvp to get a viable armor set but I never have to worry about farming protector seals and black ice upgrade is something I can work towards to, since elemental upgrade is minimal. What I'm doing now is still doing the daily pvp, amassing the glory cap and seals so I can buy a new set if a new mods replaces gear again. Honestly it makes doing T2 dungeon grinding not that bad, do the daily and you still got a decent armor set already. If anyone needs help doing eLoL or T1 to farm T1 set, pm me in game and I'd help you do the daily run.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm not doing pvp. Period.

Neither are a lot of others I know.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • shieragoshierago Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I dunno, I been playing runescape since 2006. This whole game is cake, best gear in only a few months without counting rank 12 enchants.