test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elven Armor - A grind fest

2»

Comments

• helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm fine with our arduous one month long grind but i would like some better rewards because I have no greedy incentive to do the dungeons. I'll do them for fun but I'd like some other incentive that's saleable for ad. And our old dungeons back with some harder ones with more valuable stuff and maybe cloaktower back as a joke dungeon for the totally clueless and undergeared or wildly incorrectly geared.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    good luck with mod 7,when all your hard work of mod 6 will be useless

edit:ironzerg79 I have done all that,and I have play since OB
    and I saw how my hard work went to the trash with mod 6 and its no fun when you see hours of play get throw away
    I play for fun,but this aint fun anymore
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kabinoles wrote: »
    good luck with mod 7,when all your hard work of mod 6 will be useless

When you grow up and become an adult, hard work is raising a family, doing your job and paying your mortgage.

Games are just fun.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    When you grow up and become an adult, hard work is raising a family, doing your job and paying your mortgage.

Games are just fun.

Doesn't take away from his point and how scarily close it is to being true. That is if the game keeps up with it's current trends. p.s. even though I have a good job and big family, I still hate wasting my time (even if its on video games).
    23uvq8m.png
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    setimoselo wrote: »
    Doesn't take away from his point and how scarily close it is to being true. That is if the game keeps up with it's current trends. p.s. even though I have a good job and big family, I still hate wasting my time (even if its on video games).

I am waiting for this truth. Hard work. Oh noes I had to wait a little over a month doing one t2 dungeon unless I want to go extra in, to get the full set. That's so painfully hard work.
  • setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am waiting for this truth. Hard work. Oh noes I had to wait a little over a month doing one t2 dungeon unless I want to go extra in, to get the full set. That's so painfully hard work.

You might not be waiting long, it only took one mod to replace our belts, cloaks and weapons (that took millions of AD to complete to legendary).
    23uvq8m.png
    edited June 2015
    setimoselo wrote: »
    You might not be waiting long, it only took one mod to replace our belts, cloaks and weapons (that took millions of AD to complete to legendary).

Well unless the level cap changes I don't see artifacts shifting again for a while. If you are not use to gear shifts when the level cap changes, well you best expect it. It's been a constant in the industry for a long time.
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think you need to take the entire outfit into account and compare. Since the stats have been rearranged with most sets on purpose it seems. Either way, unless Menzoberanzan comes out with a tier 3 set, I don't think the tier 2 set is going anywhere fast.

I believe the helm, arms and feet just have different stats, yet the same total of stats. The arms were just conveniently in my inventory. The pvp set for at least the arms has the same total of stats including tenacity interestingly.

Still, someone said it's a game and not work, but that's like saying watching a really bad film is still entertainment. For me, games have always been about feeling progress and being rewarded and that's been in steady decline since the modules started apart from the recent IWD HE rewards. Not only that but the content has been extremely unimaginative. I mean really, they want me to redo celedines tower in spinward rise and expect me to think that makes sense? It makes me worry if they do re-release CN as what made it great were the 4 BoE guaranteed drops. I doubt they'll be BoE, and I doubt they'll be guaranteed for someone in the party.
    edited June 2015
    carrytiex wrote: »
    I believe the helm, arms and feet just have different stats, yet the same total of stats. The arms were just conveniently in my inventory. The pvp set for at least the arms has the same total of stats including tenacity interestingly.

Still, someone said it's a game and not work, but that's like saying watching a really bad film is still entertainment. For me, games have always been about feeling progress and being rewarded and that's been in steady decline since the modules started apart from the recent IWD HE rewards. Not only that but the content has been extremely unimaginative. I mean really, they want me to redo celedines tower in spinward rise and expect me to think that makes sense? It makes me worry if they do re-release CN as what made it great were the 4 BoE guaranteed drops. I doubt they'll be BoE, and I doubt they'll be guaranteed for someone in the party.

I dunno about a decline. I do know back when the gear dropped too fast. I was in full tier 2 gear without so much as breaking a sweat back in the day. They may need to up the token drop now, but honestly, such gear should feel rewarding to get. I think people's issues with the new gear is there are no set bonuses so they don't see the point since the old gear didn't have huge stat differences either.
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I dunno about a decline. I do know back when the gear dropped too fast. I was in full tier 2 gear without so much as breaking a sweat back in the day. They may need to up the token drop now, but honestly, such gear should feel rewarding to get. I think people's issues with the new gear is there are no set bonuses so they don't see the point since the old gear didn't have huge stat differences either.

That's one of my points. To me, I don't feel compelled to actually get it. The old sets were more special (but the set bonuses weren't designed well so that they were all good choices) and by doing dungeons, you'd constantly get shards and loot you could sell and you didn't need to buy a DD key for the chest. Personally it just puts me off when I know it'll just be short lived anyway. I'm not saying that better gear coming out is a problem, just that I don't see that it's currently necessary to spend the effort when the reword is just being able to do the content a barely easier and no reward really comes out of it.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well unless the level cap changes I don't see artifacts shifting again for a while. If you are not use to gear shifts when the level cap changes, well you best expect it. It's been a constant in the industry for a long time.

...looking at the somewhat blatant mismatch between the classes' focus and the second stats of several 70 ArtiWeapons (e.g. Lifesteal on the DC symbol)...

...I'm not so sure there.

To me it looks like a prearrangement or set-up for the release of a new one in Mod 7, which then has that Recovery you crave for. But maybe these are the musings of a cynical mind only...
  • elysandriaselysandrias Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have elemental raid vest for TR is it worth getting the elven armor for the 600 proterctor seals or not? and if so which one?
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Everything is a grind these days.. ever since at least Mod 4. The same quests over and over and over to get slightly better armor so you can grind all over again to get more slightly better armor. That eventually gets nerfed.

Yeah, it's discouraging.

It's not discouraging... It's FUN and REWARDING.... Just ask Scott!
  • zickyjackszickyjacks Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Could always keep running t2's for marks, then use those marks to by negations and sell for astronomically high prices *sarcasm*
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    My ever-dwindling set of "primary" characters are all still in the best blue gear I can get (except for some crafted rings and necklaces). Some of us casual players don't have the time to grind high-end dungeons just to get the purple gear.

Would be nice if they made it BoE - those who had the time to grind could earn AD by selling the drops and we casuals have an easier way to get the gear. Win-win situation . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    shierago wrote: »
    I dunno, I been playing runescape since 2006. This whole game is cake, best gear in only a few months without counting rank 12 enchants.

Ah cool. I played RS from 2006 to 2012, but gave it up after that. Did not like the combat changes that kept coming. It is the simplicity of combat that originally attracted me to the game - was more like pencil-and-paper D&D. Had most skills at 99 except for 4 of them. Gave away my 120 million gold to my guild. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Average user will not have best gear anything a "few" months in.

Which is ok, but frankly its a matter of perspective, all mmos have some grind, but they have increased it here about 100% or so, which isnt ok with me.

PEople should be able to play 2-3 alts .. and right now thats not possible, im not ok with that and most other mmos allow you.

Its just too grindy atm. They need to reduce some of it.

• carlonomocarlonomo Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    honestly i didnt even bother other than the dropped pieces and i sure as heck didnt bother with the black ice empowerment... what a waste that is!
  • gom8gom8 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    getting new "gear" is a fact of life in most mmo's as expansions come out otherwise.... why play them?? if you are not working towards your own goal, or the goal of a friend, or a guild mate..

i will admit the way "artifacts" work here and the cost, i think they could of handled the move better.. perhaps by giving artifacts much higher levels so your old ones could still be upgraded? but if you got a artifact from the new content it just STARTED at a higher level than the level 60 content versions..

but nothing they could do about it now, but your old gear being "worthless" is simply a fact in most mmo's it just hurts more when you paid REAL money at times to get that gear..

• skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    What mmo does not take time to get bis gear?
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The limits that you reach are dead and gone. If you reach the limits in Neverwinter there is nothing left; you leave. It is simply good business to make it difficult and time-consuming to reach those limits. The longer people play the better the chance they will spend money on the game (a.k.a.: revenue).

It does not matter whether or not you yourself spend any money during this time because others will. Hence: it's all W.A.I. and you know it.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    the effort to get t2 gear, or to refine t1 or t2 gear, is simply not worth the minor increase in stats. we're talking a total increase of around 7%, which equates to maybe a 5% increase in power/efficiency/whatever for your character. not worth it, especially knowing the next mod will make it all obsolete.
  • stormboundsoulstormboundsoul Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    I have the Elven set, all 4 pieces on my 2576 dc. It was a very long process but did epics 2x per day. I have 3 other toons and only one is also lvl 70 but i currently focus on my DC. I have used the elemental seals to get T1 gear for my other 3 toons in hopes when the classes are fixed i will have something to use on them.
    It was way way too long but now i will make it elemental elven. The stats are very different than gear found in T2 dungeons....all those 3 ya know ? lol...so many to choose from. Storm is also my main as i like the Cleric gameplay and has every boon in the game except last dragon boon...had to use 30 linu to get the 2nd to last boon :P
    so Happy i had saved all 50 Linu's from the wod mod.
    Good luck
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    The limits that you reach are dead and gone. If you reach the limits in Neverwinter there is nothing left; you leave. It is simply good business to make it difficult and time-consuming to reach those limits. The longer people play the better the chance they will spend money on the game (a.k.a.: revenue).

It does not matter whether or not you yourself spend any money during this time because others will. Hence: it's all W.A.I. and you know it.

Usually it's more enjoyable and actually feels rewarding though.

You'll get no argument from me! :) There is a "too fast" and there is a "too slow" and right now it is way beyond "too slow" to be satisfying. Before Mod 6 is was borderline "too slow". So, yeah... I agree with you. My comment was just stating the fact that it is currently WAI. We just need to convince them to change the "intentional" part.