test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Siege of Neverwinter Begins!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
The Cult of the Dragon has invaded! The Siege of Neverwinter has begun for #NWXbox: bit.ly/1FWFKUB

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shatodshatod Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2015
    This is cool event....just one issue so far...Recruiting Seige Master...says press "N"...there is no "N" on the xbox..explain how to do..ok..figured it out...it is a profession trait...ignore press N....open profession
  • Options
    brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2015
    The Cult of the Dragon has invaded! The Siege of Neverwinter has begun for #NWXbox: bit.ly/1FWFKUB

Awesome event so far. Different mini events (including various dragons), easy to get Dragon Hoard Enchantments, decent rewards. A bit laggy at times but hopefully will settle later.
  • Options
    bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yep, been a lot of fun so far. I've been jumping around from mini-event to mini-event. Only time I've seen lag has been closer to the city take out the cultist where there is just so many npc, plus players, plus cultist and to seems it be a bit too much for the system.

Still with that said I've spent a couple hours in this area and have not been board yet.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Where are you seeing the lag at? Seems for me closer to the city than out by the Med Camp and Dragon fields.
  • Options
    majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Love the event. Only problem I have is I'm a tank, I kill nothing, really. So will I get the coffers or dragon hoard enchant drops, you see cause I tank, I get no hoard drops as it is unless I'm solo, could we maybe give us aggro monsters some threat based drops please, as I only get them for killing, not holding thirty people while getting smashed by them so a dps can kill it all and I get nothing. Bravo on the new dragons, and the enclave is beautiful at night. Let's keep day and night, maybe?
  • Options
    danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    billyriz12 wrote: »
    When will the medals be added to zen market or should I do a reboot? Its fun and enjoyable :)

With this the best place for it, would be in the feedback forums. Thanks :)
  • Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How comes people already offering neverember archer and battlefield medic for sale??

Are the medals for sale in zen market?
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I'd assume so since the mission is only offered up once per day.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    bkthomson wrote: »
    I'd assume so since the mission is only offered up once per day.

Hmmm, I cannot happen to find them in zen market. Exploit maybe?
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Well, if it is in the market and yesterday is the first day of this event it could just be that all the medals have been gobbled up and just wait it out to see what appears today. Or Guild groups passing them on to members. (No proof on that one or if it is even possible.)
  • Options
    opsho2opsho2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Has anyone had an issue where they are not getting credit for epic battles in this event? I have the quest...have done over 8 of the battles and no credit!! I have even dropped the quest...got it again...and still no credit.

Also...I am finding almost no drops...could this have something to do with the fact I'm soloing at a lvl 33 ranger?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    opsho2 wrote: »
    Has anyone had an issue where they are not getting credit for epic battles in this event? I have the quest...have done over 8 of the battles and no credit!! I have even dropped the quest...got it again...and still no credit.

Also...I am finding almost no drops...could this have something to do with the fact I'm soloing at a lvl 33 ranger?

Just make sure to actually claim the reward, navigate to the window upper right and press A to claim. Then you get your HEs credited.
    The Legendary Outlaws

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT

• Options
    edited June 2015
    opsho2 wrote: »

As for drops. . I have not seen much beyond dragon chest so I think this is mostly get your HE awards and buy what you want in the shop.
  • Options
    googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Too many players per instance is causing massive fps drops. It even says 3-5/6 per encounter but there are usually 15+. Is it really that difficult to limit 10 players to an instance so the game runs smoother?
  • Options
    karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    googoots wrote: »
    Too many players per instance is causing massive fps drops. It even says 3-5/6 per encounter but there are usually 15+. Is it really that difficult to limit 10 players to an instance so the game runs smoother?

I am not seeing this problem. Yes there is some lag at times, but overall it's pretty good so far.
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I guess I'm lucky (or a lot closer to the server farm) because I haven't experienced much lag at all. Then again, I don't get much lag during dragon fights either. I get the occasional lag spike or disconnect while zoning that everyone gets, but it's very rare for my frame rate drop. For the most part, my game either lags (pauses/disconnects), crashes, or runs smoothly -- usually the latter.

I've never had the lag issues so many people in here talk about, and I'm thankful for that, but I wonder what's different about my client setup than that of those who are suffering through horrible lag. Some people have virtually no issues while others have horrible issues. It's like there's no in between! How do you fix something like that? I'd love to help people, but the inconsistency of the lag combined with a lack of information on the game's infrastructure makes it difficult to troubleshoot on our end.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I guess I'm lucky (or a lot closer to the server farm) because I haven't experienced much lag at all. Then again, I don't get much lag during dragon fights either. I get the occasional lag spike or disconnect while zoning that everyone gets, but it's very rare for my frame rate drop. For the most part, my game either lags (pauses/disconnects), crashes, or runs smoothly -- usually the latter.

I've never had the lag issues so many people in here talk about, and I'm thankful for that, but I wonder what's different about my client setup than that of those who are suffering through horrible lag. Some people have virtually no issues while others have horrible issues. It's like there's no in between! How do you fix something like that? I'd love to help people, but the inconsistency of the lag combined with a lack of information on the game's infrastructure makes it difficult to troubleshoot on our end.

I'm the same way. Lag hasn't been much of an issue for me at all since the first few days of release.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    After playing most of the day yesterday the event had started to feel a little stale today. Though I died way too many times based on there was not a lot of people in my areas so I recommend NEVER do the catapult HE on your own. ;)
  • Options
    browntj007browntj007 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    After two solid days of playing, I'm finding the medal drop rate to be none. That's correct - none. I've helped kill dozens of dragons and tallied up huge kills during the events - lucky to see even a supply drop. Frankly, I'm disappointed at the metal drop rate. Of course, even if you were to somehow make enough defense kits to donate to get the 7 metals, your chances of getting that coveted epic medic is very low on top of everything. But the combat metal drop rate really bugs me - no one I know has gotten one from combat. I play all different hours, big groups and small. Never a metal to be seen. Killed the big bosses practically by myself too - no metals. So what's the secret?
  • Options
    theroniest87theroniest87 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Cant you guys understand why these events are coming exactly now?
  • Options
    brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2015
    Wasted probably 10 defense supplies turning them in one at a time before I realized that you actually get 1-2 medals by turning in either 6 or 12 at a time.

I made some AD from pants/shirts so I spent that on defense supplies in the AH, buying them for under 5k AD. I got my first 7 medals, turned them in, and got a Battlefield Medic!

Would it be more profitable to save the Battlefield Medic and sell it in the AH in a few weeks?
  • Options
    mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wasted probably 10 defense supplies turning them in one at a time before I realized that you actually get 1-2 medals by turning in either 6 or 12 at a time.

I made some AD from pants/shirts so I spent that on defense supplies in the AH, buying them for under 5k AD. I got my first 7 medals, turned them in, and got a Battlefield Medic!

Would it be more profitable to save the Battlefield Medic and sell it in the AH in a few weeks?

Save it and sell it
  • Options
    greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I opened two last night, and got some companion experience tomes, dyes, and a companion fortification kit. Complete waste of time and effort to be honest. I've quickly come to realize that this is designed for people that have LOTS of alts at level 60. I'm not one of those people.
  • Options
    sargentgummibearsargentgummibear Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm not sure how I feel about this event. I'm level 23 so I can't really get the full effect of it seeing as I die almost all the time, it's still enjoyable anyway.

I don't really get how this event works ;-;
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I think I'm missing something here. So how do you get the Medals is it only via Supply trade-ins? Or is there another way. Been playing it for the past four days and supply cases are few and far between not enough to really been able to get a medal at all.

Also am I correct that the battle medic companion is only through the supply lockbox/chest or can it be bought on its own?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I farmed the past three companion events. The orc, 167 times, no drop. The druid, 134 time, the swashbuckler, about thirty times, never got one. Today I finally had enough medals of heroism. My first box so far this event. Bang battlefield medic. How rare are these, what's the drop rate? I'm so excited I'm Goin back for more so I can hopefully pull a horse.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I've earned two medals of heroism in my time this weekend in bbattle. The rest came out of six and twelve defense supply turn ins. They are earn able. I'm a gf btw
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bkthomson wrote: »
    I think I'm missing something here. So how do you get the Medals is it only via Supply trade-ins? Or is there another way. Been playing it for the past four days and supply cases are few and far between not enough to really been able to get a medal at all.

Also am I correct that the battle medic companion is only through the supply lockbox/chest or can it be bought on its own?
    The medals will occasionally drop in combat, but it's pretty rare in my experience. You get one medal for turning in six defense supplies or two for twelve. (Use your alts to make defense supplies and it goes much faster... and your alts only have to be high enough level to do professions to make them.) Alternatively, you can buy the medals in the Zen store for 50 Zen each.

As far as I know, the Battlefield Medic is only available from the Neverwintan Supply Chest thing in the event store. You can also get the archer, a Medium Black Horse mount, and a Neverember Guard companion. So far I have the archer, mount and guard. Need the medic...
  • Options
    atlas77777atlas77777 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The important things in this event are the dragon hoard coins and coffers. Save as many as you can for mod 5.
    -Rex, the Mad King of [Legendary Outlaws]

"I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself, something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, but objectively..." -Peter Quill

Rex IV Tact GF | tRex SS Rene CW | GT: G3TxxS0M3