The Siege of Neverwinter Begins!

2»

Comments

• bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I see the double XP.
  • fancytuna8fancytuna8 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    a lot of people don't seem to understand how to play this event. they just play one side, retreat back to where the general is, and wait for the next encounter on that side. When I first started this, I was always getting in with good groups that roamed from encounter to encounter and we could get in 10-12 in an hour by my count. I have gotten very few supplies from the encounter drops, by the way, and no medals. Did get some dragon cult pants though.
    Also, as feedback, when you separate us into groups of 10-15 at each instance, makes it almost impossible for encounters to be finished. I can't explain why, buy I constantly see people sitting at the campfires for long periods of time--and there are vendors you can get injury packs from. so if you put 15 people in one instance, you won't see 10, or even 5 fighting the encounters together. more like 3, and sometimes the lurkers come together and you get 5-7. Except the repel the cult one, and then it seems all the campfire watchers notice it and come over to finish the encounter.
    Wanted to add this on the lag, which is sometimes very bad: I have died multiple times just from lag, by the way. Sometimes when the lag ends the system seems to take all the hits I received and give them to me at once, and I get knocked at least 50 feet away (usually right into a group of cult members.)
    edited June 2015
    I've been moving from from event to event mostly using the tunnel from City to Med Camp the quickest way of travel. I have not seen much of any drops except for that dragon cache which i think is just treasure. it been fun especially with double ex I have been able to level up a couple times just focused in this event.

Only ran into one case where I had to abandon an encounter as I started with a group of six going up against the Blue Dragon and eventually it was realized we were very over matched and everyone just left. A lone 47 CW against a dragon I was not even putting a dent in damage to it.

I thought the lag yesterday was pretty bad ran into it at least once per encounter, (played about 20 over the course of the day). This was the worst I've seen, but I'm also to give my ISP/Wireless a possible cause of problems as well and not just blame a 100% on the game. That said I've had a few occasion when I lagged and the dragon is looking right at me and there is red under my feet. All I could do was keep on pressing the left stick down hoping I'll be able to quick dash away in time. (sadly, no).

What I am happy with is I'm about to get my 50 Dragon Achievement after playing this all of they days. Not sure I'll make the 1000 achievement.
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hey Strum, it said double xp right after seals but it's not showing up? Did this change?

The double XP is there till Friday. So if it's not can you send a ticket to the support team, so that they can look into it for you thanks ;)
    edited June 2015
    Been playing all day today and not one Defense Supply drop. disappointed.
  • greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, I've already given up on it to be honest. It's pretty much impossible to get something decent if you play with just 1 account, because you simply can't get enough supplies together to get the medals needed for the boxes. I've opened 2, (and of course RNG wasn't playing nice), and I pretty much have no chance of getting enough for more before the event is over, unless I buy them.
    Maybe I should make 7 million accounts like other people and run them all to level 60. I simply have no will to do that tho.
  • buffalonightmarebuffalonightmare Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can someone tell me why I am unable to trade in 6 or 12 defensive supplies to the suply master? I did the 12 once now he no longer is offering it? I dont want to hand them In one at a time
    edited June 2015
    Can someone tell me why I am unable to trade in 6 or 12 defensive supplies to the suply master? I did the 12 once now he no longer is offering it? I dont want to hand them In one at a time

Have you tried fully exiting out of NW. Quit the game from the X-Box Home screen and then load it up. Or try a different instance if possible.
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, I've already given up on it to be honest. It's pretty much impossible to get something decent if you play with just 1 account, because you simply can't get enough supplies together to get the medals needed for the boxes. I've opened 2, (and of course RNG wasn't playing nice), and I pretty much have no chance of getting enough for more before the event is over, unless I buy them.
    Maybe I should make 7 million accounts like other people and run them all to level 60. I simply have no will to do that tho.

Yeah, I think it was after yesterday goose egg of supplies after playing at most four hours of encounters. I have played every day while the event had been active and while I have enough Writs for the Archer I feel like the time spent to rewards earned has not been equal. That said, again, I'm not mad just a little disappointed.
  • therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bkthomson wrote: »
    Yeah, I think it was after yesterday goose egg of supplies after playing at most four hours of encounters. I have played every day while the event had been active and while I have enough Writs for the Archer I feel like the time spent to rewards earned has not been equal. That said, again, I'm not mad just a little disappointed.

I spent a total of 7 1/2 hours farming this event and only ended up with 16 coffers and 6 supplies (earned on day one). I did about 3 hours a day for the first 2 days and the rest was on the 3rd day where I just gave up due to obvious bad luck. I have the same luck with pretty much everything in this game, people around me are getting tons of loot and my character doesn't get anything. so I would have to say I'm very disappointed and time spent vs. rewards earned was total horse <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This was just meant as a means to boost your currencies to get a head start on mod 5. the Well of Dragons will allow you to keep gathering these supplies. I barely ran the event at all aside from on the first day for a couple hours to stock up on some dragon hoard coins. The coffers aren't needed in big quantities for the campaign unlike the coins.

And it's a weekly quest that uses the coffers so you should have plenty of time to get the 15 you need to complete the quest.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This was just meant as a means to boost your currencies to get a head start on mod 5. the Well of Dragons will allow you to keep gathering these supplies. I barely ran the event at all aside from on the first day for a couple hours to stock up on some dragon hoard coins. The coffers aren't needed in big quantities for the campaign unlike the coins.

And it's a weekly quest that uses the coffers so you should have plenty of time to get the 15 you need to complete the quest.

thanks, it's good to know tons aren't needed for the campaign, however if it takes 7 hours for me to get the weekly requirement each week i'll be sure to add this to my enormous list of games i no longer play. I don't mind a little grinding but so far this game is one of the largest grind fests for time vs rewards that I have ever played.