test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temple of AFK... er... Tiamat

lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvE Discussion
Please change this to a queued instance. I'm typing this as the instance is going on because frankly, there are only 10 of us left in it, and we can't beat it with that.

This is the 4th time in a row where I've failed this because ppl quit almost immediately.

Devs, please change something to improve the quality of life for people who actually want to run this encounter.
Post edited by lilhamlet on

Comments

• generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lilhamlet wrote: »
    Please change this to a queued instance. I'm typing this as the instance is going on because frankly, there are only 10 of us left in it, and we can't beat it with that.

This is the 4th time in a row where I've failed this because ppl quit almost immediately.

Devs, please change something to improve the quality of life for people who actually want to run this encounter.

Running this quest without coordinating timers On a dedicated channel is just a cruel joke. It's too bad pwe can't figure out the tech to make raid groups to allow normal lfg and kick mechanics to weed out pikers
  • madbovine69madbovine69 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes... please just institute a timer for the spawn room or something.... like maybe if someone is in the spawn room for an accumulated time of 90 seconds during a run that they are barred from going back in for a day... or something! Nothing like wasting 20 minutes of time because of a few people not participating. And it is virtually every attempt in there. Shouldn't have to rely on gimmicks just to get in a group of people that actually want to PLAY. Just finished a run where we had 3-5 ppl idling in the spawn room for at least 8 minutes and when the time was up all 5 heads were under 20%... had they actually been contributing it would have easily been a win. Putting a gearscore lock on the door is a joke when it is people going in there and idling that is making runs fail.
    Main - Lokara, Tactical Liberated Borg Lieutenant General
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Welcome to Tiamat. Quitters and AFKers. And, the small handful of people in there to actually play.

I really don't understand why it would be so difficult to make a 25-person party queue.. or at least a way to link 5 parties.

I'll go in once in awhile to see how my new gear works after upgrading... I fight my <removed> off, and traditionally score well, but the run is inevitably a fail because of the quitters and AFKers.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Welcome to Tiamat. Quitters and AFKers. And, the small handful of people in there to actually play.

I really don't understand why it would be so difficult to make a 25-person party queue.. or at least a way to link 5 parties.

I'll go in once in awhile to see how my new gear works after upgrading... I fight my <removed> off, and traditionally score well, but the run is inevitably a fail because of the quitters and AFKers.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I have not had a successful Tiamat run since Mod 6. Sad, because I really liked the fight in Mod 5.
    I aim to misbehave
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Entering Tiamath Temple should cost 100k AD. If you reach specific amount of points during the run you will get your 100k back no matter if you win or not. If you dont, say bb to your 100k AD.

Now the min amount of points should be set to some average number of specific class. Nothing crazy high, but enough to discourage players from afking.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    Entering Tiamath Temple should cost 100k AD. If you reach specific amount of points during the run you will get your 100k back no matter if you win or not. If you dont, say bb to your 100k AD.

Now the min amount of points should be set to some average number of specific class. Nothing crazy high, but enough to discourage players from afking.

Maybe not 100k, but maybe 50k.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's a bit stupid for people to still afk in tiamat, they can spend that time afk'in in IWD and get more rewards.

If they get rid of rewards for failing tiamat, which should have been from the start, then there would have been and will be less people going in there to waste other people's time.

Another thing they could do is make people be in a party once they enter, and people can choose to vote kick someone like dungeons. As well as also allowing premade parties to enter together. But this is probably too difficult for them to implement as many people have asked for it since day 1.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    tell me again why we should do tiamat? the orb of majesty? to rare to make it worth it a dragon egg? too much time it takes to get one to make it worth it. so why else are we doing it?
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tell me again why we should do tiamat? the orb of majesty? to rare to make it worth it a dragon egg? too much time it takes to get one to make it worth it. so why else are we doing it?

Umm, there are plenty of new characters who need Linu's Favors for boons.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Rewards for failure were a ridiculous idea. This was the expected outcome.

Make a game that even bots can play and only bots will play it.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited June 2015
    Rewards for failure were a ridiculous idea. This was the expected outcome.

whats the point of doing tiamat without fail rewards if the chance of winning is very small? you want even less people to do it?
    edited June 2015
    Umm, there are plenty of new characters who need Linu's Favors for boons.

i still need those boons but ill buy the linus favors. you dont need tiamat for that. its way to easy to get linus without tiamat dragon hoard coffers are cheap and easy to get now. i dont bother.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sadly tia is the same thing as before, you need a strong team built for (not bis, just strong)

sadly, there is less reasons then ever to go into it, you think failure rewards are bad.. how about WINNING rewards? pathetic chances at nothing still mostly = nothing.

That said if you want to go in, there is instances winning this.. just if you want to be carried now (and yes going in at 1.8k with blues on.. is asking someone to carry you) then dont bother, or random lucky chance.

BTW.. scoring first in points, isnt indicative of your overal help to the instance.. its a deeply.. DEEPLY flawed system (though you know looking at the last 2-3 poeple usually indicates they did NOTHING at all)

So dont come on here with the argument that you are 1.82 i level and scored #1 or 2..

Come on here and tell me what your ARP is.

The gated this wrong.. 40% arp limit.. who cares about your i level..
    Also, they needed to code this that no more then 4 healers of any type and 3 tanks of any type should entire. YES they are all super-useful.. but IT IS A DPS race and you simply do not need more then those #s in this instance before they become redundant and useless. some of these instances can fail becuase of 5 pallys, 3 gfs, 3 dcs thats 11 total non dps specs or 44% total.. WAY too high for a DPS race.

AGAIN that doesnt mean you dont want any.. just WAY too high.. tank/healer combination total of 7 allowed would be 28% , you could drop to 6 I guess for 24% might be even better.

Due to the nature of a new class being a tank or healer basically its driving up these #s on instances.

In addition, lots of DCs (including me) went healing spec this mod, making another reduction of debuffs/buffs that are very useful, but outside of tiamat, righteous isnt as good right now.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just curious, what do you get when the mission fails? I have gone there once and was clueless. I will not try again until one day I take the time to figure out how this is supposed to work.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited June 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    Just curious, what do you get when the mission fails? I have gone there once and was clueless. I will not try again until one day I take the time to figure out how this is supposed to work.

There is a chance at a dragon egg.. nothing else it gives is of any value.. but the dragon eggs can be, especially if you are using them to then flip sales on other things.
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    There is a chance at a dragon egg.. nothing else it gives is of any value.. but the dragon eggs can be, especially if you are using them to then flip sales on other things.

Oh! You mean people sit there to wait for a "chance" to get dragon egg. Thanks.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited June 2015
    Here is the funny thing... I have never gotten a reward if I sat at the "campfire". I have had the misfortune of dying just before the end of a failed attempt.
    I have surmised that if you are not fighting at the end... you will get nothing.

There is a problem with the 1800 iL entry requirement. I am not saying that ALL players who are sitting at 1800 iL cannot help out... but as @plasticbat stated, they had no clue once they got there. I feel that this requirement and the slight nerf... gave some players the understanding that they could do it. In essence, it gave them a false sense of ability. When in fact, if you DO NOT know the fight dynamics and strategies... your presence will most likely insure failure. When faced with that reality, many would rather sit at the fire than to help.

Here is the thing with Tiamat... if you don't do the fight you wont learn the fight. This is my advice to ANYONE looking to enter the Temple...

- Inspect everyone
    - FOLLOW the BEST GEARED PLAYER YOU SEE and do what they do. If not I am sure there is a video on Youtube with the strategy.
    - Grab a Dragon Soul and put it in your quick slots and use it often. I usually take green or black...
    - After the first round you will see the pattern.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited June 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    you get greater necks as reward aswell they have pretty decent drop rate.
    ive won tiamat several times and havnt gotten one. then again my luck isnt that great with tiamat.
    edited June 2015
    I actually did read certain write up later and could understand what I supposed to do when I read it.

However, when the Timat bell rings, I don't remember what I supposed to do anymore. I guess I need to print out a note and stick that in front of me. I remember white needs to do something. Blue needs to do something else ..... Then, wait for other group to almost finish something. That looks like a total chaos to the simpleton like me.

I guess I need 5 cards with different colour and 5 set of instructions. :)
    edited June 2015
    I actually did read certain write up later and could understand what I supposed to do when I read it.

However, when the Timat bell rings, I don't remember what I supposed to do anymore. I guess I need to print out a note and stick that in front of me. I remember white needs to do something. Blue needs to do something else ..... Then, wait for other group to almost finish something. That looks like a total chaos to the simpleton like me.

I guess I need 5 cards with different colour and 5 set of instructions. :)

LOL... it was not meant to be offensive. I was using your honesty as an example of the current issue. t least you checked out what to do...
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    quspiv wrote: »

...that would mean they'd have to fix the scoring system first - because from what I know and read, it scores only the time between the last Cleric round and the end.

Otherwise, the idea has some merit.

Falsified in one word: Chess.

[...]I guess I need 5 cards with different colour and 5 set of instructions. :)

...sounds like a plan! :^D
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    Here is the funny thing... I have never gotten a reward if I sat at the "campfire". I have had the misfortune of dying just before the end of a failed attempt.
    I have surmised that if you are not fighting at the end... you will get nothing.

There is a problem with the 1800 iL entry requirement. I am not saying that ALL players who are sitting at 1800 iL cannot help out... but as @plasticbat stated, they had no clue once they got there. I feel that this requirement and the slight nerf... gave some players the understanding that they could do it. In essence, it gave them a false sense of ability. When in fact, if you DO NOT know the fight dynamics and strategies... your presence will most likely insure failure. When faced with that reality, many would rather sit at the fire than to help.

Here is the thing with Tiamat... if you don't do the fight you wont learn the fight. This is my advice to ANYONE looking to enter the Temple...

- Inspect everyone
    - FOLLOW the BEST GEARED PLAYER YOU SEE and do what they do. If not I am sure there is a video on Youtube with the strategy.
    - Grab a Dragon Soul and put it in your quick slots and use it often. I usually take green or black...
    - After the first round you will see the pattern.

the best geared players are the one sitting there to begin with. You will not see a little 1800k sititng there , cos he is trying really hard to do what others are doing. And is following you around, like a lost puppy.

No, you ll only see sweet legendary / i dont wanna be bothered / oh i ll just wait here until last 2 min / people.
    Who decided to quit for a few reasons :

1.) In the first try you did not damage more then 2 heads. ( to them : FAIL )
    2. ) Some people did not pick up or use gems at the heads and they died. ( = RAGE QUIT )
    3.) A new cleric was using astral seal / searing light / astral sheild ( so they decided to quit and sit there and insult clerics )
    4. ) The dmg. is too low for them and they feel, since they did it in mod 5 1000000 times, that now it will not work.

There.
    4. main reasons.

Now, you all can throw stones and say it is not true.
    But we all know it is true.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    araneax wrote: »
    the best geared players are the one sitting there to begin with. You will not see a little 1800k sititng there , cos he is trying really hard to do what others are doing. And is following you around, like a lost puppy.

No, you ll only see sweet legendary / i dont wanna be bothered / oh i ll just wait here until last 2 min / people.
    Who decided to quit for a few reasons :

1.) In the first try you did not damage more then 2 heads. ( to them : FAIL )
    2. ) Some people did not pick up or use gems at the heads and they died. ( = RAGE QUIT )
    3.) A new cleric was using astral seal / searing light / astral sheild ( so they decided to quit and sit there and insult clerics )
    4. ) The dmg. is too low for them and they feel, since they did it in mod 5 1000000 times, that now it will not work.

There.
    4. main reasons.

Now, you all can throw stones and say it is not true.
    But we all know it is true.

Just did another one. round 1, got through red and 70% green... round 2, only were able to finish green and get red (dps suddenly disappeared), round 3 blue and 50-60% of white. So I see what happened... DPS fell off because 5 ppl had been sitting on campfire after round 1.

If they had just continued, we would have beaten it

There needs to be a penalty for dropping off, or once again, just make it a queued instance. GG handles a 20 player queue, why can't Tiamat, and just adjust the difficulty accordingly?
    edited June 2015
    lilhamlet wrote: »
    Just did another one. round 1, got through red and 70% green... round 2, only were able to finish green and get red (dps suddenly disappeared), round 3 blue and 50-60% of white. So I see what happened... DPS fell off because 5 ppl had been sitting on campfire after round 1.

If they had just continued, we would have beaten it

There needs to be a penalty for dropping off, or once again, just make it a queued instance. GG handles a 20 player queue, why can't Tiamat, and just adjust the difficulty accordingly?

I dont think anyone can actually make them play.

But yea, after round 1, people usually decide if it is worth it or not.
    Then after it either they continue or they go out or to fire camp.
    You did not do more then 2 heads.

edited June 2015
    I was told by a manager of one of the special, short-bus, elite, zerging channels that...

"an elite player does not see that it is worth their time and effort, or their wasted kits, to carry an instance. So they will AFK at the campfire if they feel that they re working to hard to win. That is why we have the elite Tiamat channels. Someone like you, would not understand, since you have not played the game long enough to earn your wins."

This was before M6... some things never change. In the same conversation I was told this.

"it is not the duty of the elite players to teach under-geared players how to do things... that is the job of their guilds. If they do not know the fight because their guild did not tell them how to win, it is not my job to teach them."
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited June 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    I was told by a manager of one of the special, short-bus, elite, zerging channels that...

"an elite player does not see that it is worth their time and effort, or their wasted kits, to carry an instance. So they will AFK at the campfire if they feel that they re working to hard to win. That is why we have the elite Tiamat channels. Someone like you, would not understand, since you have not played the game long enough to earn your wins."

Wait...what....

In short : " Lets all stick our heads in the sand and pretend we are not here.
    Cos working hard is a problem.
    Teaching people is a problem too.
    Let us all be selfish < insert a word of your choice > and think only of ourselfs, cos that is why we are here.
    MY channel is full of totally awesome players and people do not deserve to play with us, cos they are not like us.
    Sad , sad human being... really..
    I really hope you told that guy to go ...hurt himself. <3 If you did not , can i ?

Also , side note :
    No i am not speaking in general about every Elite player out there, so please do not take it as so.
    I know plenty of people who are elit and BiS but good and decent human beings.

edited June 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    you get greater necks as reward aswell they have pretty decent drop rate.

Not me.. Ive tried tia twice this mod.. I dont need it for my top 3-4 players.

once a couple weeks after with a act log to prove my point on a few things and again at rework to see again what the logs say.

Simply put, a regular 1800 i level dps character will have around 8k power and arp of 25-30% or lower. Those #s are really low to help in tia. A healer can go in at 1800, but frankly the instance only really needs a couple of healers. Even then, there is much more benefit with a 2.5k" healer in terms of being able to take hits, not dye quickly and provide more healing overall.

Simply average teams can beat this.. but average isnt 1800 i level, its closer to 2.3-2.4k. There isnt anyone who CANT achieve this gear score in game. If I took any persons toon, I will have you there with 80% of the boons in 65 days, without spending a dime of my own AD, of course thats "your" job, not mine, hence why some of you play supposedly. Its not a "struggle" to get past 2k.. its simply a matter of time, people want to skip the time and just enter tiamat.. its like the old days where poeple enter mad dragon at minimum and wonder why they were being hammered to death.. a well worked team could do it, but here its a DPS RACE.. not just a strategy thing.. no amount of strategy gets you past that clock, you need to kill the heads, you need to do it quick.

Cryptic gated this wrong.. its better then before, but its wrong. It should NOT be below 2k gear score. which is what t2s are at. In some ways this is easier then t2s, but the heads is the key here, they still need around 40% arp on dps minimum to be of most use.

(p.s... I got about 20 dragon eggs from wins in mod 5.. I dont really craft much myself, so thats more then enough for my own needs, stop assuming things. )
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes, there are some ppl quitting to early, but not just well geared players.

If I run Tiamat and we cant even get to the second head, I leave. Why? Bc there wont be a miracle helping a group to weak to dps one head in one round to do 4 times their dmg in the second round.

Concerning all this elitist BS player propaganda, I would like to give you my reasoning. First of all, I play since beta and I think, that I helped more ppl gear up, ltp, spec their chars etc, than many other players. Over the time I have given away more gear, enchants, gold etc. to other players, than any 1.8 IL player owns (or he wont have 1.8k IL). I did it bc I wanted to, not bc I had to do it. Who are you to tell me or other players, how to play?

TBH, I dont mind a few AFK or low geared players, not contributing significant to a fight. I regulary help friends out, carrying their new guild members in ELOL etc, within a reasonable rate. Whats reasonable? In a 5 player dungeon at last 3 good players (MOD 6). Due to mechanics 2 players are not able to carry the rest, so I decline runs without two other players who cant carry their weight, because it is a waste of my and their time.

Same goes for Tiamat. I dont mind carrying some players, but I dont want to waste my spare time in instances filled with low IL and AFK players who dont have a chance to win. You use this forum. There are dozends of posts videos etc, how to fight Tiamat, look them up.

Long story short, I dont mind helping ppl, but I dont HAVE to. If you want to know something, look it up or ask for help, but dot demand other ppl to carry you. It is not their job.

This reminds me of a conversation with a guild mate of a friend, I had a few weeks ago. She complained, that MOD 6 is live for a few weeks and I still did not tell her how to spec her char. BC of my 'selfish' behavior she cant play, bc she does not know how to spec her character. I told her to tone it down and ask politely or do the same as I did, test on preview and read the forums for information and insiration.

Good gear is no reason to be rude, but bad gear does neither make you a decent person either or gives you the right to demand anything from anyone.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    edited June 2015
    People ask for advice cos they need it. They are new to gaming / new to this game / new to ...just pick a reason. There is plenty.

And no you are not required to help them. Any of them.
    I am not here to make you do anything, or tell anyone how to play.

It is your choce how you want to do things and what you want to do.

There is a lot of people here, who are here from beta, and did all the stuff you did, and helped as you helped.

There is no " elitist BS player propaganda ".
    I am simply stating what i saw, happening in Tiamat, each time i did it.
    Regardless if it is a win or a lose. People do leave, you stated why. One of main reasons is what you said.

But lets be honest here. We both know how it goes, and what is said in channels .

Good gear is no reason to be rude, and as i did state above i did not include general population , and even edited my post in order not to offend anyone.

In any case, there is too many afk people in Tiamat, one way or the other.
    And Tiamat will in the end be done only with zerg time, again.

Little ones will struggle to achive it and people will leave. Cos that is what people do. Right?

1800 k is too little. 2000k is too little too.
    3k would be the best. So no one has to carry and only people with dps can do it.
    That would be reasonable , right?

TBH , it could be fixed by Cryptic and make it more demanding. It maybe should be like that.
    Cos right now, both higher base and lower base are unhappy with the current situation.

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Running this quest without coordinating timers On a dedicated channel is just a cruel joke. It's too bad pwe can't figure out the tech to make raid groups to allow normal lfg and kick mechanics to weed out pikers

They have it for GG, dont know why they cant just use the same **** thing as GG que...

Put an itemlevel requirement (like the other dungeons) then enable it to be a QUE system that pops.... You que up with a team of 5. You can coordinate pops with guild. DONE.

I think the issue is their matchmaking system sucks and with only a 5 minute window to get a POP it would leave alot of players not getting in.

Which maybe they need to adjust that so that it can go at ANY time.... Since now the "contributions" are done on a daily (or weekly?) basis. Just make it a **** que that can pop anytime. Gives players something to que up for rathe than a timed event.