test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guild Related Issues

ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
With the coming of Mod 7 and the Guild Strongholds it would seem that now is the time to start asking about and disscusing guild related issues.

First and foremost is the cap on guild size. At only 500 character slots, the limit is just too small for a lot of guilds out there. And for a casual guild with a bunch of altaholics like ours, Tyrs Paladium , it is becomeing a serious pain. By casual, I mean not only in playstyle but also in play time. We have a lot of members who may not log in for months at a time. But yet we are constantly getting new guildys. So what are we to do? Purge players who have not loged in for, say, 6 months or more? Yes we have finaly created a second guild to put lesser used alts in, but there are problems ariseing from that as well. One main one is cross communication, easyly, between guilds. But now realy is that what Cryptic/ PWE wants us to do, either purge members or have multiple guilds for "one" guild? If there is some sort of game engine limit that keeps yall from going above 500, at least let us know that. But if not, why can't you up the limit to 1000, or better yet 2000?

These next ones all concern the Guild Window.

First request is to have an option to sort guild members by their @handel. This would make life so much easyer on guild leaders and officers. Even if you had to split the names into two different colums, like one colum for the character name and a second one for @handels, you would make so many guilds much happyer.

Next is a recent change that is realy annoying. Used to be the guild window would open up on the last used tab. It no longer does this, it always opens up on the news tab. As a guild lead and an altaholic i like checking out the guild roster to see whos in game when I switch between alts. When it stayed on the last used tab it was easy to do by just hitting the "g" key when I loged into new characters. Now post Mod 6 it takes an extra step or two to check out the roster when I switch toons. Can we have the sticky tabs back?

The next one relates to chatting and the Guild Window. With most of the pop up windows, if you have then open and you hit the enter key to type in the chat box, you can just type your chat and hit enter for your chat to show in the chat box. But not so with the Guild Window open. If you hit enter while the Guild window is open and start typeing leters, well all sorts of things may happen when you hit enter again. But it won't be chat. It may be promote some one, it may be kick someone or it could be invite or several others things depending on what you typed before you hit enter the second time. But if you want to type in the chat box you have got to hit the enter key twice in a row for the curser to go to the chat box. This can be incredibly annoying if you have the Guild Window open trying to send invites and you have to respond to chat while that window is open. Do you know what it is like to explain to someone why you just kicked them out of your guild by "accident"? Or how about "Sorry, I just promoted you by accident, now I got to demote you"? Can we have it go to the chat box with just one click of the enter button. Heck I would even acccept not haveing it do anything at all when I hit the enter button with the Guild Window open than the way it is now.

Well, wall of text is complete and I will leave it to the rest of the Neverwinter forumites and developers to post as they whish.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fenris0187fenris0187 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Great points, and hopefully this will at least be somewhat addressed with Mod 7. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
  • Options
    neodymoneodymo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Guild size limit is currently not at 500 anymore; this must've been a recent ninja-change, I'm not sure what the new limit is however.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I agree with those points. I'd also like to sort by the last login. I posted more suggestionsin an older thread made by a mod, but I can't currently remember them.
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All valid points, especially the Guild Window.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    but there are problems ariseing from that as well. One main one is cross communication, easyly, between guilds.

One simple way to solve this is by creating a channel dedicated to the guild with 'invite only' restriction if need, a lot of guilds with more than just one but that are the same are doing it.
    Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...well, sometimes a bit of weeding can be indicated. Like send everybody who hasn't logged in since 6 months an in-game mail, no answer after another month, second mail with kick threat. Another four weeks - sry, all the best, may all your fantasies come true, yaddayadda,...
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Personally, I don't like to boot members for quitting the game. If they choose to come back, I want them to feel welcomed back. And if the guild dies, I want it to die with the members who built it.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Super Guild, huh? I think it is a good idea to do this with M7 coming out anyways.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    Personally, I don't like to boot members for quitting the game. If they choose to come back, I want them to feel welcomed back. And if the guild dies, I want it to die with the members who built it.

...that's supposed to be in the yaddayadda part.
  • Options
    paragon42100paragon42100 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bertrandx wrote: »
    One simple way to solve this is by creating a channel dedicated to the guild with 'invite only' restriction if need, a lot of guilds with more than just one but that are the same are doing it.

In our guild, Loki, we have both a invite only channel and a public channel. The invite only is for ex-guildies, and favored individuals who are in other guilds. The public channel is for anyone who gets their hands on the channel name. Both are meant for chatting during runs, cross guild chatting, etc.

Also of note, these channels can receive chat from the Preview server (or you can create a Preview server channel of its own).
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Funny how you find 500 slots not enough. In the past when i used to play lineage 2 we had 40 slots at highest guild rank. Which was a good thing, because player base was split between hundreds of guilds instead few very big ones. Current system may even create issues in m7 because new guild will have harder time getting new members and competing with old guilds that have 100+ well geared players.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    I'm starting to think some people are putting together a "super-guild" just for the purpose of fending off some of the PvP guilds.
    quspiv wrote: »
    Funny how you find 500 slots not enough.

It's not anywhere NEAR enough space. For example, Tyrs Paladium is a PvE guild that has no official PvP plans or quests. We simple build characters and play the game the way it was intended to be played. No drama accepted and no exploits, period. We play together. It's an old school D&D thing :)

We are incredibly organized (Yes that means we prune our roster on an ongoing basis - daily, monthly and yearly), and are a Founders guild. That means we have some blood that's been around for a very, very long time. Some play every day, others play a few times a month. Everyone is different. However we are nowhere NEAR the size of a "superguild" with thousands of members. We have 164 guildies.

If each guildie was allowed just 5 alts, that puts the total at 820. Now all arent active on a daily or weekly basis, so lets say 100 guildies played at least monthly. That's 4 alts each besides their mains.

That is simply not enough space for a healthy guild, especially when you figure how fast it is to level here in Neverwinter.

The producers of this game need to think more long term. They need to think in terms of TEAM PLAY beyond 1 to 2 party sizes. Not everyone plays for two weeks then just quits. Many in our guild, and in many other guilds others LIKE to build ALTS.... and they don't like to be limited. That's not in the best interests of the playerbase or the bottom line at PW/Cryptic.

The issues Ghosty brings up are a signal that things still need to be addressed before the upcoming release of guild strongholds.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For module 7, there is an issue which is very important to me, and probably to many other players.

I am alone in a guild. I've been in this guild since 2013, even though it's empty.
    The guild bank is my personal storage. It's also my ticket to Gauntlygrym (or did this change?).

In module 7, I would like to join a big guild simply for strongholds.
    However, I prefer not to leave my current empty guild.
    What if I don't like the new guild and decide to leave?
    Then, my old guild is forever lost. Or is there a way to get back into an empty guild without an invite?
    Can I create a new character and then invite the new character to my old guild?
    How do I send a guild invite to another character on my account?

In order to for me to join a new guild, at the very least, I want the ability to return to the old empty guild.
    Alternatively, if Cryptic would allow membership in more than one guild, that would easily solve my problem.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I personally have 1 main + 9 alts. Each class that gets added will be another alt and if both paragon paths seem interesting there is potentially another alt. I've considered suggesting sub guilds for alts, but that seems ridiculous.

For some reason, I thought it was 500 unique ids, not just characters. If that is not the case, then at the bare minimum before Mod7 it needs to be changed to unique ids, allowing any amount of alts.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sangrine wrote: »
    It's also my ticket to Gauntlygrym (or did this change?).

Then, my old guild is forever lost. Or is there a way to get back into an empty guild without an invite?

I believe the guild requirement for GG was lifted because Delzoun/Luskan is gone.

On the guild interface, there is an "Invite" button, which pops an interface where you type in the name@handle of whoever you're inviting. This works for offline characters, including your own alts. The invite pops up right away when logging in the invited character.

So you could very easily leave an alt in charge of your storage guild and re-invite your main if things didn't work out.

I think a guild with no members would probably cease to exist, losing their bank unlocks. Don't do that.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the info, Beckylunatic.
    Will invite an alt character to the guild.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    azlanfox wrote: »
    I personally have 1 main + 9 alts. Each class that gets added will be another alt and if both paragon paths seem interesting there is potentially another alt. I've considered suggesting sub guilds for alts, but that seems ridiculous.

For some reason, I thought it was 500 unique ids, not just characters. If that is not the case, then at the bare minimum before Mod7 it needs to be changed to unique ids, allowing any amount of alts.

That is not a solution. That would mean that if you join a guild it would be with your entire account. You could only be in one guild at a time. Some people prefer to have specific alts in specific guilds, PVP alts in PVP centric guilds, for example. Not everyone wants to be put in a single box and would rather not have to start up alt accounts just to avoid that.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    That is not a solution. That would mean that if you join a guild it would be with your entire account. You could only be in one guild at a time. Some people prefer to have specific alts in specific guilds, PVP alts in PVP centric guilds, for example. Not everyone wants to be put in a single box and would rather not have to start up alt accounts just to avoid that.

Okay, yeah I didn't think of that, which is why I'm not in charge of stuff like this. However, I'm only familiar with MMOs that put you in the little box, as it were, and you have to create a whole new ID to join another guild. Most games I've played, each guild was a catch all. People only wanted the freedom to join other guilds with alts... to well, spy on them for an unfair PvP advantage in open world PvP environments.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Here's another sugestion that I think would be most usefull for Guilds relateing to the mail system. While we have an option for a guild mail selection, it sends it to every guild member. What would be realy helpfull is an extra option to filter or select by guild rank. Say we just want to send mail to Officers only, so it would send it to rank 3 and higher members. Also if we just wanted to send to only the top guild leaders, say rank 5 and higher would be quite handy. I dealy I would like to be able to select by any rank or higher. But just haveing a couple extea option would be extra nifty.
  • Options
    smellykuntismellykunti Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sangrine wrote: »
    For module 7, there is an issue which is very important to me, and probably to many other players.

I am alone in a guild. I've been in this guild since 2013, even though it's empty.
    The guild bank is my personal storage. It's also my ticket to Gauntlygrym (or did this change?).

In order to for me to join a new guild, at the very least, I want the ability to return to the old empty guild.
    Alternatively, if Cryptic would allow membership in more than one guild, that would easily solve my problem.

do what a LOT of people do. create another account, call it sangrine2. use a different email so you can have a real different account. create a toon. invite it to the guild. promote it to guild leader. now you have something to hold your guild for you while you join different guilds. and it can mail you thing from the old guild storage.

problem solved.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Guild size is a cost and space problem. I agree with the other points.