test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Announcing Neverwinter: Rise of Tiamat for Xbox One Coming June 2015

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Woo! New expansion and fixes coming this month! lets GO
  • Options
    oz4201oz4201 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    When we get new campaigns do we lose the ability to finish old ones?
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No you do not. As long as you have unlocked the prerequisites to start a campaign you can do it.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    No, you'll have to be maxed on current campaign to even touch the rest of ToD (which is what this expansion is)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Yep, if you look at the top of your campaign screen you'll notice a few missions that state coming soon. This expansion is the release of those missions.
  • Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My money good invested. Thanks for the update strum
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • Options
    trialbyfire001trialbyfire001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Please add paladin to the expansion.
    Even if its a "this is a beta and expect changes" and people need to pay for it now (give it free later) people will pay.
    I really want to make a Paladin my main and i'm worried that once its released no one will be doing the "old" quests and I want to get all of that done while people are still doing it.

PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY.
  • Options
    oz4201oz4201 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Good to know...thanks for the new stuff
  • Options
    mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Tiamat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Does this bring the lvl cap to 70 then for us and introduce the Burning PvP gear and elemental weapons?
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Does this bring the lvl cap to 70 then for us and introduce the Burning PvP gear and elemental weapons?

No, that would be mod 6.
    Please add paladin to the expansion.
    Even if its a "this is a beta and expect changes" and people need to pay for it now (give it free later) people will pay.
    I really want to make a Paladin my main and i'm worried that once its released no one will be doing the "old" quests and I want to get all of that done while people are still doing it.

PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY.

Paladin will come with mod 6.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "In addition to the new content, our team is also bringing several updates and improvements to the game with the expansion launch. We will have a detailed update on these fixes in the future, but we are looking to implement solutions that will greatly increase the performance and stability of the game as well as making adjustments to the vote-kick feature that is currently in place. Stay tuned to the blog for a specific breakdown in the coming weeks."

This is more important to me.
  • Options
    nirvano2015nirvano2015 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Neverwinter: Rise of Tiamat follows the events of the Neverwinter: Tyranny of Dragons campaign and the upcoming Siege of Neverwinter event, which will be available for Xbox One on June 4

Really? The Morning?
    Control Wizard Lv 60 GS 15.0 K
    Guardian Fighter Lv 57 GS In Construct
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hmm I see thanks.

I'm assuming new armor comes from this Well of Dragons stuff, where can I read about that?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    That's correct. We'll be getting more armor and two more artifact equipment (Off-hand & Necklace) among a few other things as well.
  • Options
    therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cool, another laggy dragon fight, can't wait.
  • Options
    attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Neverwinter: Rise of Tiamat follows the events of the Neverwinter: Tyranny of Dragons campaign and the upcoming Siege of Neverwinter event, which will be available for Xbox One on June 4

Really? The Morning?

I read this as Siege of Neverwinter will start tomorrow morning with RoT following in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    googoots wrote: »
    "In addition to the new content, our team is also bringing several updates and improvements to the game with the expansion launch. We will have a detailed update on these fixes in the future, but we are looking to implement solutions that will greatly increase the performance and stability of the game as well as making adjustments to the vote-kick feature that is currently in place. Stay tuned to the blog for a specific breakdown in the coming weeks."

This is more important to me.

I agree! But be on the lookout for all the kids to be throwing temper tantrums and kicking even more until the fix. They have to get in their kicking while they still can. Cant wait to see how they figure out how to manipulate the system to ruin the fun for everyone after the fix. LOL
  • Options
    worriedmammal8worriedmammal8 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2015

This game is awesome, can't wait for expansion and fixes. It will be nice to do a dungeon and not have to get kicked 15 times first. Thanks strum!
  • Options
    lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    trappy1026 wrote: »

It does, doesn't it? Looks like some interesting loot, hopefully the gameplay is solid too.
  • Options
    karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Here's hoping the finally put some realistic constraints on group kicking.
  • Options
    googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    draven165 wrote: »
    I agree! But be on the lookout for all the kids to be throwing temper tantrums and kicking even more until the fix. They have to get in their kicking while they still can. Cant wait to see how they figure out how to manipulate the system to ruin the fun for everyone after the fix. LOL

Kicking is not as much as a problem now for me as I'm in a good guild who removes players if they are found out to be boot n looting. I'm more interested to see how the game runs. And guys, expect it to run badly for a few days after the update as the servers get overloaded because of the new content.
  • Options
    majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm excited to announce that I will be getting in on some of that grind. What's a paladin? Is it like a gf?
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's like a hybrid GF/DC.
  • Options
    brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2015
    Siege of Neverwinter releases on June 4, 2015
    Rise of Tiamat expansion releases on June 9, 2015

That's my guess of course for the second one (for obvious reasons).

;););)
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    People will be past the halfway mark of Witcher and just about ready to look at ESO, while Neverwinter regulars have just about tapped out the current content - so this is the perfect time to throw everything into overdrive, kick things off with an epic event and lead into the new area/raid.
    Really great timing, really exciting content and lots to look forward to.

I'm feeling like Neverwinter is really rewarding both my time and my money, so I'm really excited to see where we go from here.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    knightmare6465knightmare6465 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ... and yet still no Oathbound Paladins for the Xbox One.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    NWPC managed two years without them... I'm not sure why people seem to think the Paladins are coming soon, when everything we've seen suggests that we'll be seeing Fury of the Feywild, Shadowmantle, Curse of Icewind Dale and Rise of Tiamat before we have any chance of seeing Elemental Evil (with it's higher level cap and Paladins).
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    au5tackerau5tacker Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We seriously need the technical & performance issues attended to as a top priority.

I have to say it, it's absolutely painful to play the game in it's current state with lagging, freezing and outright crashing to the desktop as a normal situation, yet alone a frame rate that's laughably bad for a console game.

I'm all for new content in Neverwinter, but the performance issues of this game is what's going to kill it long before content issues if they're not attended to yesterday.

That and the ridiculous vote kicking garbage as well.

Whilst it's great Neverwinter has 1.6 million players on board, that's without ESO in the house and that's only a week away from launch.

Neverwinter will have a really tough time keeping it's playerbase around in it's current state and that's the simple truth.