What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing Neverwinter: Rise of Tiamat for Xbox One Coming June 2015

2»

Comments

• lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    telprydain wrote: »
    NWPC managed two years without them... I'm not sure why people seem to think the Paladins are coming soon, when everything we've seen suggests that we'll be seeing Fury of the Feywild, Shadowmantle, Curse of Icewind Dale and Rise of Tiamat before we have any chance of seeing Elemental Evil (with it's higher level cap and Paladins).

So much this.

Temper the expectations please. The mods (at least) have been pretty clear that we won't see OP until Mod 6 comes out, and the Devs have been pretty clear they want to release the backlog of mod content before releasing Mod 6. I don't have any expectations to Mod 6 until next year at the soonest.

We'll always be behind PC, I have no problem accepting that. Even if we somehow caught up to the be on the same mod as PC, we'd always be weeks behind on patches and fixes because while the Devs can roll them out on PC at whatever schedule they choose they always will have to wait for Xbox cert to release them to us. Frankly I'm hoping that means we don't go through some of the game breaking bugs that may come out - for example, when we get Mod 6 it'll hopefully be with all the patches to rebalance anything that was broken (intentionally or not). That's a good thing.

As for fixing the current stability and engine problems, that surely is a much larger and longer work project than porting over content. Heck I'd imagine its two different teams. I always get a kick out people complaining that bugs aren't getting fixed because the company is prioritizing new content. I've seen that conversation on many different games' forums. Different workers with different expertise and different jobs. I mean c'mon, I've seen people demand companies fire art asset programmers and music developers to hire more QA or coders on older games. Like, really?

Expectation Management people, lol.
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I hope we never catch up with PC. For anyone that has never played MMO's before, you don't see the huge and I mean HUGE!!! advantage to knowing what bugs there are gonna be and what content to expect before it launches. Being able to build your character around bugs that you aren't even supposed to know exist yet is going to be a game changer for me and for any other MMO vets that have moved over from PC.

This is like being able to see into the future and we will be able to see class breaking bugs long before they get here.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • l800whocare5l800whocare5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    so it coming out today then just wondering what time it will hit
  • shepardtheweakshepardtheweak Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    excited.......
  • obliviouslusterobliviousluster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Minor disappointment on my end. I love the event, but I was really hoping they would've released Sharandar and Dread Ring before Tiamat. I left the PC version shortly after Tiamat was released due to the majority of my guild members bailing on the game. Here though it seems like I'll be able to enjoy the game with my brother and his friends. My concern about the expansion is no different than everyone's. There will most likely be issues with it during the first few weeks, and I can guarantee that the server issues what with lag and screen freezes will not be 100%. My advice? Don't rush into the new expansion immediately. Its going to be insanely laggy with everyone jumping on it to get the next best thing. As for the artifact off-hand and neck piece (I believe?), its just more pay-2-win gear, sadly. Refining that gear takes forever to reach epic stage, and legendary stage after that is near impossible. I believe I already mentioned this elsewhere, but I really wish they would significantly reduce the amount of experience required to refine artifact gear . If it was the same as refining the regular artifacts, that would be great! Sadly, its what keeps their cash shop going....so they will never change it.

(@au5tacker): The Elder Scrolls Online has only received any praising reviews from sources who are fans of the series. The game itself is buggy to say in the least, and the "changes/patches" that were implemented might have helped, but the game itself lacks any sort of MMO base. I'm not even entirely certain you can say there is an "endgame" present. Many players have spoken up about the broken lore (people say to think of the game as a 'dream' and it'll be fine. The hell?)- lack of control on ideas (pre-orders allow players to play as any race in alliance? Why even have the different alliances..?). What amazes me is the general insult towards Neverwinter of "I'm leaving this game and going to ESO, too many n00bs and kickers here!", when that very same community these players despise is going to be present on the ESO.

So in short, Neverwinter has lots of ideas, but also lots of issues. Sadly, since most of these issues protrude from the xbox1 community itself, Cryptic/PWE cant really do much. However, I'm thankful that they are attempting to do something about it. ....Now if we can just have that report button and filter our chats we'd be golden! :D
    Walk on wandering souls
    For your respite we pray
    Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay,
    Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free
    So walk on and become the light that guides the way~
    edited June 2015
    I don't really mind how long it takes to get artifact gear up to epic/legendary. It does require a lot but not to the point that it's game breaking if you ask me. One day of farming refining stones is enough to get one of my pieces up from green to epic and if you know what you're doing it's not that hard to get to legendary. I've done so without spending a dime on it.
  • obliviouslusterobliviousluster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My Dragon's Hoard enchantments normally grant me pearls and lesser resonance stones- enough to the point that I actually get a little excited when I see a peridot drop! So maybe my luck with the enchantments is to blame?
    Walk on wandering souls
    For your respite we pray
    Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay,
    Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free
    So walk on and become the light that guides the way~
    edited June 2015
    I get plenty of them too but when you're farming for them at a place like Spellplague Caverns you're talking close to 120 drops per hour. and I usually have a black opal drop every hour or two. One lesser stone is equivalent to 25 pearls and they're fairly common.
  • eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    One day of farming refining stones is enough to get one of my pieces up from green to epic.

It can be done with extreme farming... but it takes dedication and a lot of patience.
    " I reject your reality and substitute it with my own "
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just go about your normal play (events, skirmishes, dungeons, etc) and you'll still be able to horde refinement stones.
    Slowly building up your gear gives you a long term goal to work towards while you're plowing through the daily grind/
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All I can say is... finally! I can't wait for the new missions and the new location, but what I'm anticipating most is the improved performance. I hope you really fix the framerate and the half minute long freezes because a smoother experience would be awesome.
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • xsov317xsov317 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    It's the 22 of june, like on 30th we get the dlc...
  • itzinsanity666itzinsanity666 Member Posts: 2
    FIX THE KICKING OPTION PLEASE..BOUT SICK N TIRED OF THIS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • itzinsanity666itzinsanity666 Member Posts: 2
    N what's up with adding another hour to today's maitnence I get on at the scheduled time for itmto be over just to find out I got to wait another hour wtf is this pwe... Get it <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> right the first time
    N what's up with adding another hour to today's maitnence I get on at the scheduled time for itmto be over just to find out I got to wait another hour wtf is this pwe... Get it <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> right the first time

That's just wishful thinking. Every game ever made will have this happen and sometimes often. I've seen WoW updates that were only supposed to take a couple hours last for more than 12. An extra hour compared to what usually happens when maintenance get pushed back on other games is a god send.
  • tgsinfurno121tgsinfurno121 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Can some one please tell wtf is going on???? Maintaince til 4pm its now 4.25pm any news or am i looking at the screen for hours with out arc saying any news waste my game play thats normal wasting my life is an other, Say something wat is happening??????????
  • attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Can some one please tell wtf is going on???? Maintaince til 4pm its now 4.25pm any news or am i looking at the screen for hours with out arc saying any news waste my game play thats normal wasting my life is an other, Say something wat is happening??????????

you're calculating downtime incorrectly. The downtime is scheduled to go for another 25 mins after the time I post this reply. Its not over-time.. yet.
  • tgsinfurno121tgsinfurno121 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Still waiting for any response from ARC ?????