test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragon's Hoard Enchantment, does it work any more?

nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Utility Slot: You have a 2% chance after killing a foe to find a Refining Stone at your feet. Multiple copies of this Enchantment increase the chance of a find.

That's the tooltip.
But when finally returning to WoD after weeks and weeks of vigilance quests, and farming the whole WoD for two hours with Dragon's Hoard Enchantments in all my utility slots, the result was: zero White Pearl, zero Peridot, zero Aquamarine, zero Flawless Sapphire, zero Black Opal, zero Minor Resonance Stone, zero Lesser Resonance Stone.

Has Dragon's Hoard Enchantment been changed? Or WoD?
ToD = ..........
Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
Post edited by nazghul22 on

Comments

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    they are working only for one hour a day per account
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    irapeya wrote: »
    2 have 2 Dragon Hoards they don't give as much as they used too, but i get nice rp from them. Combine them with heroics and its even better.

Compared to their drops 10 stacks of peridots in day and few stacks of Opals in a week its nothing, but they work.

Pardon my English, but: what?
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mine stopped working. Period. So I took them out in favor of better movement.

Besides.. the RP drops in IWD are more consistent.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Supposedly the nerf was being looked into for going to far. Based on my experiences since then, each patch has made the drop rate worse. It used to have about a 90 minute cooldown and would start working again but this no longer seems to be the case. Not sure what it is now, 4-6 hours? 8-16? Who knows. All I know is that they are worse than ever.
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Definitely not just you. Ever since the recent server upgrade I get constant server not responding and disconnects. This happens everywhere, not just crowded places like wod. It's gotten to the point the the word fix has become synonymous with break.
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Supposedly the nerf was being looked into for going to far. Based on my experiences since then, each patch has made the drop rate worse. It used to have about a 90 minute cooldown and would start working again but this no longer seems to be the case. Not sure what it is now, 4-6 hours? 8-16? Who knows. All I know is that they are worse than ever.

The higher the level the Enchantments, the faster they run out. I get less than 20 minutes with my 5xgreater. No sh*t. <20 minutes. Then I get random drops... one every half hour - hour or so. I paid over 2 million each for these and refuse to sell them for half that. I have my fingers crossed hoping it will get better.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Today i tested my Dragon Hoard Enchantments at Icespire Peak. The drop seems fine like always every 30-45 seconds i got a RP-Drop. After 23 drops i got nothing but i continued to kill monsters. After 3 minutes i got one drop then nothing, then 3 minutes a new drop again.
    So yeah, the Dragon Hoard Enchantments are nothing worth anymore and i have 5 greater dragon hoard enchantments.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »
    [...]So yeah, the Dragon Hoard Enchantments are nothing worth anymore and i have 5 greater dragon hoard enchantments.

Little, but some consolation: these at least are worth plenty of RP when dumped into artifacts... :^/
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My opinion of them is that they're no longer useful for active farming, but potentially still worth having in your utility slots if you're going to be running around killing stuff anyway, because that's what you do.

If you stick to lessers, you won't run out of procs as quickly.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I haven't had a drop, that I know of, since I began participating in encounter nerf raids.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The RP in IWD's HE runs is dropping like rain, I spent 4~5 hours farming there in the past 2 days, it average me approximately 800~100K RP eacn hour, I have vaguely counted, the raid finishes about 1 encounter per minute, and a good number of Great Success grants you 2000 RP each encounter...

greyloche wrote: »
    they pretty much suck.

nothing more than an obvious attempt to get people to purchase more RP from the zen store.

formula:

add more items that need RP + make old items obsolete + nerf only way to get RP + add back way to get limited RP after complaints = current state of the game

and who is doing the most farming of the "new" way to get RP? guess.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    From my understanding and experience, there are 2 factors playing into their lowered performance:

1. They have an internal cooldown, thus cannot rapid-fire trigger.

2. There is some sort of refinement-limit imposed on them per-day - once you hit that limit, you cannot get any more items from them.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    icyphish wrote: »
    The RP in IWD's HE runs is dropping like rain, I spent 4~5 hours farming there in the past 2 days, it average me approximately 800~100K RP eacn hour, I have vaguely counted, the raid finishes about 1 encounter per minute, and a good number of Great Success grants you 2000 RP each encounter...

what raid exactly? the flock of toons that go and wipe the map is not called a raid. even if they were all grouped in 5 men teams
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    From my understanding and experience, there are 2 factors playing into their lowered performance:

1. They have an internal cooldown, thus cannot rapid-fire trigger.

2. There is some sort of refinement-limit imposed on them per-day - once you hit that limit, you cannot get any more items from them.

someone already answered that they work for ONE HOUR PER ACCOUNT. after that they STOP working. and that is NOT on the tooltip. which is a bad thing and it should be added as soon as possible (i am guessing in six months time judging from previous fixes of tooltips).
  • abrianaoverlordabrianaoverlord Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    it would be nice if devs just came out ans stated how they work now and what the percentages are as the descriptions of the dragon hoards is now incorrect
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They are currently really bad as other have mentioned, and yeah the nerf to them makes no sense with the current rp heaven we see in iwd... which is why i fear they will nerf that to hell in the next patch:(
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    it would be nice if devs just came out ans stated how they work now and what the percentages are as the descriptions of the dragon hoards is now incorrect

Have been confirmed already by a dev, that they only work 1 hour pr. account or something like that...
  • horofoxhorofox Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Got a white pearl in a 20 minute nonstop mob slaying session, yay!
    8% total DH enchantments, CW, Dread ring, not daily limit(don't play >20min/day).
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    they are working only for one hour a day per account
    One hour in combat?
    Or one hour counted from login?
    Is this true for fey blessing/salvager too?
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think its log in.. as sometimes after I invoke i run a mini lair.. and just about that time its over.

bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> still, should be 4 hours.
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    I think its log in.. as sometimes after I invoke i run a mini lair.. and just about that time its over.

bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> still, should be 4 hours.

I get less than 20mins from my 5 greaters b4 they stop working. But that's pure farming. Mob to mob. No breaks in between.
    After that I get a single drop about every half hour.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Have been confirmed already by a dev, that they only work 1 hour pr. account or something like that...

Panderus' original post is here
    panderus wrote: »
    There is a mechanic on these items to limit how often and how much they can drop each day. A normal game session for a day should not be impacted.

We have seen players use them heavily to just farm all day with bots and this was one of the valves we closed to that behavior.

...on the same logic it would be a completely sound measure to limit all cars to a maximum speed of 50 km/h because some people regularly get speeding tickets...

Also "A normal game session for a day should not be impacted." is IMHO either hinting at some misconception as to how long getting stuff done takes in this game since Mod 6, and/or how long many users play (including me), and/or a slap in most users' face. Take your pick...

But all QQ and opining won't unfortunately make the change undone...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I view it as Cryptic's way of telling me to get a life....

*lower lip trembling*
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Also "A normal game session for a day should not be impacted."

Probably just a marketing spin to get it more accepted just like they spun the refinement system cleaning up inventory space and using less coal wards that cost 5 times as much. The kick in the teeth is that they didn't even want us to know about it until people found out.
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    just fed mine to another enchantment today for rp.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    just fed mine to another enchantment today for rp.

Why didn't i think of that...damnz...
    What are you using instead of it ?
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• ndiovndiov Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    araneax wrote: »
    Why didn't i think of that...damnz...
    What are you using instead of it ?

Darks for movement speed and Azure for XP gain for overlevel skill points and rewards. Pvp you could get glory gain. I keep 2 or 3 on just because but I might sell them. Easier to just run HEs or Heralds for RP.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yokki1 wrote: »
    someone already answered that they work for ONE HOUR PER ACCOUNT. after that they STOP working. and that is NOT on the tooltip. which is a bad thing and it should be added as soon as possible (i am guessing in six months time judging from previous fixes of tooltips).

Well then, so much for the supposed "won't impact normal play" comment I recall someone making...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It was yesterday or the day before I got a black opal and someone else in my party said they had also just got one. Other than that I do not see any indication in my inventory that they are doing much.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I played for 15 hours straight on Saturday. Was still getting drops frequently after 7 hours (and there was no disconnecting, character changes, or relogging), so I think the devs have gone an tweaked the hoard's code and lengthen the timing. It was probably around the 9th hour I noticed that I wasn't getting any more drops.

FOr me, IWD is so laggy with everyone there, so I'd rather do my dailys and dungeons, etc and get my RP that way.
This discussion has been closed.