test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So what about SW's???

candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Nine Hells
I've seen alot of foruns post, also devs working on other classes, but so far not a single word on SW problems,
We've Arms of hadar(wich worked just fine before some bright mind changed it's annimation and bkoke it all making it not hit anything more than 2 targes and it must be in front of the SW)
Also Fury patch is totaly broken, unwanted
Damnation feat spirit fire(or something like that) isn't working as intended, it should do 50% weapon damage wich should be 600+ and it hit for 120 so its not working.
Also Dmanation puppets should have 100~150k hp but it has 25k wich make it die on a single hit, as it should heal sw for 15% it's damage, but i never saw it working at all.
Also Puppet don't teleport to boss roon,(i found a way arround by using the help/gm helm/stuck/stuck on object/die, then summon puppet inside boss roon)
So what'll be done for SW's??
Any word would be great
So far i haven't saw any dev post on sw forun or anywhere else!
Deathlock one of a few SW's left on server, but not spending money anymore xD
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• norcaine1990norcaine1990 Member Posts: 93
    edited May 2015
    Yup, I'd like to see an official statement on AT LEAST how high on priority list SWs changes are atm.

We're closing in on 2 month since the release of mod 6 which have left the class barely playable (unless BiS/close to BiS) and totally NOT fun (rather frustrating I'd say) to play.

A word or two on what we're standing on would be highly appreciated!.
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I feel your pain. I just read recently where the lead game designer said roots were working fine for hrs. Several people showed in detail that it wasn't, but of course he was not heard from again. So fingers crossed for you guys. Maybe try dressing up like a cw. I hear they get fixed really fast
    edited May 2015
    @magenubbie any reason why you criticise freedom of speech?. Also, have you ever seen any dev posting in Nine Hells yet?. No?. Me neither and there's a whole thoughtfully runned and maintained thread about SW problems which NEVER resulted in any official information to the class playerbase about it's state and plans towards it.

It's evident that General Discussion is visited more often than Class Forums (not counting OPs board since it's a new class and they can't afford to not keep it well fed) and I don't think it's bad that we would like to hear SOMETHING regarding our class and it's future. Like, anything.

I don't know what class are you playing but you should prolly hop back onto the bandwagon you stepped out off to post here since you must have no problems with your class at all. But guess what, I do have with mine and I'd love them fixed or at least be informed about the course of action. Right now SW playerbase is mostly absent and left hanging in the void. I don't think it's bad to seek information/answers.
  • proxaaproxaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Any reason you're ranting here instead of the bug section or the nine hells, apart from most of the things you point out already been reported?
    Any particular reason you stopped using your brain cells ?

OP is not "ranting" about bugs or certain SW aspects, but is asking a valid question about the future of Scourge Warlock, which is now one big question point. I know it's hard to understand for people petting their CW epeens.
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    @magenubbie any reason why you criticise freedom of speech?. Also, have you ever seen any dev posting in Nine Hells yet?. No?. Me neither and there's a whole thoughtfully runned and maintained thread about SW problems which NEVER resulted in any official information to the class playerbase about it's state and plans towards it.

It's evident that General Discussion is visited more often than Class Forums (not counting OPs board since it's a new class and they can't afford to not keep it well fed) and I don't think it's bad that we would like to hear SOMETHING regarding our class and it's future. Like, anything.

I don't know what class are you playing but you should prolly hop back onto the bandwagon you stepped out off to post here since you must have no problems with your class at all. But guess what, I do have with mine and I'd love them fixed or at least be informed about the course of action. Right now SW playerbase is mostly absent and left hanging in the void. I don't think it's bad to seek information/answers.

Exatly this, ty
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nobody knows, we had one vague mention that some feedback had been sent to the devs.

Nothing more has been said since
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ...there was a thread full of suggestions - which strumslinger told us he had forwarded to the devs some three or four weeks ago.

Since then - slence.
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    proxaa wrote: »
    Any particular reason you stopped using your brain cells ?

OP is not "ranting" about bugs or certain SW aspects, but is asking a valid question about the future of Scourge Warlock, which is now one big question point. I know it's hard to understand for people petting their CW epeens.

lol. Sws made for epeen and they are talkin' ?

If you want advice use damnation! OP Soul puppet do 1million+ dmg
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I would like to see that... most of the time, they either dont spawn or just die within seconds.

Btw. hitting the Target Dummy for a while in Trade for Blades does not count.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    edited June 2015

I bet you're one of these types that use Lostmauth set and says it's legit even though it's clearly not WaI.

But hey, guess what, some of us want to play the game legit, not relying on broken stuff. IF the puppet is indeed dealing so much damage then it's not WaI and I for one refuse to use it. Even if it would happen to not be broken I still refuse to use it since that path is simply not my thing. Adapting is one thing but being forced into specific path to stay relevant is pure bs.

P.S.
    Try to keep this conversation as civilized as possible or do us all a favor and get back under your bridge.
  • szamanos2szamanos2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Soul puppet bug is reported so Cryptic fix it soon.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    szamanos2 wrote: »
    Soul puppet bug is reported so Cryptic fix it soon.

Ironically, this.
    The only changes to SW we're even remotely likely to see will be fixing the exploits and bugs, like the 0 damage thing and the puppet doing stupidly high damage.

As for the rest of the fixes, QoL changes, reworks, redesigns, pretty much anything that would benefit the class, the likelihood of that is insanely low.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've been running SB damnation for the last week. It does do nice damage, if you can keep your soul puppet alive. Once it dies the damage resets to lower levels. SO far I have not seen any huge 300k hits people claim to have seen. Maybe that is only with people using the lostmauth set? If I can keep my puppet alive during combat, i've seen it do 30k hits which is nice.

here is a ACT chart for my SW while running encounters in IWD for 20 minutes. The min hit with wrath claw was at 4k and it's maximimum was at 30k. The average hit it was doing 13k. There have been times i've seen it get up to 80k, but that is rare when it happens and it did not occur when I was running encounters in IWD.

http://i.imgur.com/d5imLUF.jpg

d5imLUF.jpg
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    DPS SW's are fine, stop crying. They can easily come the closest to GWF damage, no bugs and no ****. Damnation is OP, about your other trees being nerfed that's another story. You think GWF's Sentinel or Instigator are viable? Guess what, they aren't. Everyone's using the same tree, get used to it and pray for a rework.
    edited June 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    DPS SW's are fine, stop crying. They can easily come the closest to GWF damage, no bugs and no ****. Damnation is OP, about your other trees being nerfed that's another story. You think GWF's Sentinel or Instigator are viable? Guess what, they aren't. Everyone's using the same tree, get used to it and pray for a rework.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you've never touched SW.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
    edited June 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume you've never touched SW.

*claps*, aren't you a sorcerer? Please, provide logs of a good geared (and actual good player) Damnation SW doing poor damage, I want to see them. No fabled, just raw damage.
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    *claps*, aren't you a sorcerer? Please, provide logs of a good geared (and actual good player) Damnation SW doing poor damage, I want to see them. No fabled, just raw damage.

Well you sure loaded that up with ways to subjectively dismiss whatever he might post in response. I mean, it seems easy to brag about how good you are with a 4.7k item level, but who knows? I'd like to see you try that class yourself before you come in here trying to tell people what's what.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
    edited June 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    Well you sure loaded that up with ways to subjectively dismiss whatever he might post in response. I mean, it seems easy to brag about how good you are with a 4.7k item level, but who knows? I'd like to see you try that class yourself before you come in here trying to tell people what's what.

Pretty much this.

Damnation already has a handful of problems with not only feats but also core mechanics. Ironically, Damnation still puts out lower DPS than Fury in PvE. Even more ironically, Fury DPS leaves a lot to be desired when considering the abundant nerfs since release.

The class "isn't fine".

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
    edited June 2015

Serious question - are you mentally challenged?. I mean, you say that despite 2 things being said earlier:
    1. soul puppet dmg is not WaI and is gonna get fixed soon enough
    2. some of us don't like to rely on 25k hp puppet which disappears as soon as a single mob notice it

Not all of us are 4,7k iL wallet warriors and I do think that the game should be balanced around whole class spectrum, not only BiS toons. There's absolutely no reason for a class to perform good only when BiS/near BiS and be frustrating otherwise.

I'm gonna repeat myself - not all of us like to play around bugs, some of us want to play the game legit. Damnation puppet is not legit. And without it, the class is not doing what it's supposed to do - it's not doing damage respectable for a Striker class.
    Inst or Sent GWF paths are not doing well atm but as Destroyer you can at least do 1/2 of what's class supposed to be (Striker/Defender).
    Atm, SW have nothing: Temptation not viable thanks to LS change, Damnation bugged and not WaI, Fury doing medicore damage for a path DESIGNED TO DO DAMAGE AND NOTHING ELSE. No control, no significant party buffs/debuffs, no healing, nothing.
    edited June 2015
    Oh yeah, whine about my Item Level, it makes your arguments valid. You can't give me good reasons so you pick on my gear and calling me P2W? Good job, IWD material.
    edited June 2015
    Oh yeah, whine about my Item Level, it makes your arguments valid. You can't give me good reasons so you pick on my gear and calling me P2W? Good job, IWD material.

Nah. It's more you being an ignorant blowhard that I take issue with. Ignorant because as you said, you don't play this class. Blowhard, because despite the fact that you don't know what you're talking about, you run your mouth as though you do.

I only mentioned your item level because I doubt you're challenged by much with that kind of an investment in that character, so your insulting, dismissive arrogance is only magnified and highlighted by the minimal challenges you most likely face. I say that actually having played a non-BiS GWF fairly extensively.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yup, I'd like to see an official statement on AT LEAST how high on priority list SWs changes are atm.

We're closing in on 2 month since the release of mod 6 which have left the class barely playable (unless BiS/close to BiS) and totally NOT fun (rather frustrating I'd say) to play.

A word or two on what we're standing on would be highly appreciated!.

This feels pretty much like I'm experiencing also. Thankfully I had a big old stack of free greater health stones lying around from pre Mod6 days to make daily stuff fail painless but that's a pretty big crutch for what I used to call solo play.

We should have specialized SW only LS mechanic, doesn't even have to be exactly like it used to be just something with some consistency. I've read 3000 or so was supposed to make it feel at least somewhat consistent, I do not agree, not t with the damage even open area mobs are doing.
    Saved!
    edited June 2015

We just gave you reasons.
    We also find it ironic that a 4.7k GWF is saying SW is fine.
    It's even more ironic that you don't defend yourself when we say you've never touched the class.

Then again, if I knew I was wrong, I'd try to ignore it too.

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...I also plain cannot understand why Temp had to be wrecked. So they don't compete with the dear cuddwy-wuddwy Paladins? I'd have thought that an additional healer option would be right what the game would need now, and a healer that can do _some_ damage to go along with that, while we're at it.

And it would be so easy: Exchange one of the fourth tier Temptation feats for "+3/6/9/12/19 Lifesteal chance" and all would go smoothly. Or maybe even 4-20%. It wouldn't make the class OP, as it wouldn't increase damage, maybe even lower it, depending on which feat gets replaced. And maybe attenuate the capstone multiplier...
    edited June 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    We just gave you reasons.
    We also find it ironic that a 4.7k GWF is saying SW is fine.
    It's even more ironic that you don't defend yourself when we say you've never touched the class.

Then again, if I knew I was wrong, I'd try to ignore it too.

I'm not impressed with your posts. Say what? you're supposed to play a class to have an opinion about it? Good to know. You're so afraid the QQ's won't be high enough for the devs to hear, and any other opinion can go die, because simply you want DA BUFFZ. Lookie here, I'll use my BiS state to say SW's DPS is FAIR. It's not low, they roflstomp cw's with ease and any other class up until GWF. I'm talking from a prespective of a guild leader with SW guildies and friends, no one above 3k even, so seriously, shut it. I'm a fact person, when I see damage and when I look up logs and see there's 0 use of current exploits or former exploits, and it's COMPLTELEY LEGIT (Dismissing Damnation's stupid puppets), I can say whatever the hell I want. I don't need to defend myself in front of you, or anyone, and most definitely not back off because I don't play the class or ever did. Sit the hell down and keep crying, I'm out of here.
    edited June 2015
    I'm not impressed with your posts. Say what? you're supposed to play a class to have an opinion about it? Good to know. You're so afraid the QQ's won't be high enough for the devs to hear, and any other opinion can go die, because simply you want DA BUFFZ. Lookie here, I'll use my BiS state to say SW's DPS is FAIR. It's not low, they roflstomp cw's with ease and any other class up until GWF. I'm talking from a prespective of a guild leader with SW guildies and friends, no one above 3k even, so seriously, shut it. I'm a fact person, when I see damage and when I look up logs and see there's 0 use of current exploits or former exploits, and it's COMPLTELEY LEGIT (Dismissing Damnation's stupid puppets), I can say whatever the hell I want. I don't need to defend myself in front of you, or anyone, and most definitely not back off because I don't play the class or ever did. Sit the hell down and keep crying, I'm out of here.

Such glorious tears. Sure you don't wanna keep 'em coming? I'm enjoying this.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
    edited June 2015

I'm not impressed with your posts either. Allow me to explain.

First off, yes. You should play the class before you start to talk about it. You have SW friends in your guild? Great! That doesn't make you an expert. I have GWF friends but I wouldn't even begin to talk about the specifics of the class or even say it's "doing just fine".

Secondly, "fair" doesn't really cut it. For example, HR damage is "fair" but they make up for it with some modicum of utility. Currently, Warlock provides nothing but raw DPS. Unfortunately, that raw DPS is wasted on 90% of any dungeon or skirmish. Warlock excels in prolonged fights - IE bosses. Ironically, other classes can pump out good trash clearing potential, utility, and solid single target DPS. Which begs the question - why bring a SW?

Thirdly, yes, you do need to defend yourself. You don't come into a SW thread with 0 knowledge of the class and start spouting bull****. It's hilarious because when your stupid *** got proven wrong, you ran away. It's a shame they don't sell common sense in the Zen shop.

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
    edited June 2015
    rinat114 stated that he does NOT play the class so his feedback automaticly loses credibility and can be read as a rant. That's about it.

Back to on the topic, Strum came in, left a part of him in 'fun' thread (forum event thread) and ventured onwards to do some more of this important stuff. I'm just... nevermind...
  • szamanos2szamanos2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    twoedge1 wrote: »
    I've been running SB damnation for the last week. It does do nice damage, if you can keep your soul puppet alive. Once it dies the damage resets to lower levels. SO far I have not seen any huge 300k hits people claim to have seen. Maybe that is only with people using the lostmauth set? If I can keep my puppet alive during combat, i've seen it do 30k hits which is nice.

here is a ACT chart for my SW while running encounters in IWD for 20 minutes. The min hit with wrath claw was at 4k and it's maximimum was at 30k. The average hit it was doing 13k. There have been times i've seen it get up to 80k, but that is rare when it happens and it did not occur when I was running encounters in IWD.

http://i.imgur.com/d5imLUF.jpg

d5imLUF.jpg

This Warlock had bad build , You must have all Damnation and magic OP Soul puppet ...

this is evidence : http://i62.tinypic.com/amqn1c.jpg

Pazur Widziadła= Wrath Claw.
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And still not a single word from devs or com manager, guess we got forgotten :(