Install Arc

So this is tiamat solution on Mod6?

Comments

• aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'll agree with that.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    they can make tiamat hard or easy,but after the hard work you only get shtty drop
    it aint worth it
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    I wish they could record the amount of time a person spends in the campfire.

I like that idea. For every X seconds you spend in the campfire area, you lose X points. Put a debuff on players who just rezzed to give them 10 seconds to leave that area. After losing Y points, you no longer qualify for a reward. You can gain points back by actively fighting, but make it hard to get them back. Provide some incentive to actually fight.

Rewards based on score - They have shown time and time again that they have no idea how to do that properly (see RNG, see GS, see Ilevel).
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ditto. (Nope I wasn't a Ranger - not hardcore enough. LOL)

Did anyone participate in the devs tiamat games on preview? did any of those matches actually clear it without crazy preview gear like Full rank 12 all mythic 5000 ilvl all over the place teams?
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    if you don't get 2.5 heads down in the 1st round, forget it AFK to end or just bail...

That's wrong. You can easily have four rounds. Yesterday I was in a run where we had four rounds...

1st round: black and green
    2nd round: red and blue
    3rd round: white and the other four heads
    4th round: finish by splitting and starting from black and white

So please stop telling nonsense and stop to encourage people to give up without any reason.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's wrong. You can easily have four rounds.

And this is not nonsense? Pre-mod6, I've seen round 4 maybe 2 or 3 times. The team had to be super-efficient protecting the clerics to get a 4th round. I haven't done mod6 tiamat much, but unless something has changed I'm not aware of, I'd say you were in a group with mostly BiS people.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tiamat is easier than mod 5, or, at worst, comparable. I guess its just people have to learn again how to beat her. When mod 5 came out there was an uproar of Tia being way, WAY too hard and impossible without BiS (and even with!) and then what? In 3 weeks all you needed to was to get a timer where you knew some 13k+ people would enter and it was pretty easy.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And this is not nonsense? Pre-mod6, I've seen round 4 maybe 2 or 3 times. The team had to be super-efficient protecting the clerics to get a 4th round. I haven't done mod6 tiamat much, but unless something has changed I'm not aware of, I'd say you were in a group with mostly BiS people.

The clerics on the right and left can now be protected by 2 players if their IS is above 2.3k I have done it with a friend more than once. So it is easily possible to have 4-6 players do the flanks with the main armada taking on the center line. The 4 rounds is then pretty possible.

After the lowering the only reason a team can fail is :
    • To few players ... less than 25
    • Campers.... would really like a kick ability that if more than 10 player agree that player is BANNED from tiamat(on all toons) for 24 hours.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• loexwellloexwell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like that idea. For every X seconds you spend in the campfire area, you lose X points. Put a debuff on players who just rezzed to give them 10 seconds to leave that area. After losing Y points, you no longer qualify for a reward. You can gain points back by actively fighting, but make it hard to get them back. Provide some incentive to actually fight.

Rewards based on score - They have shown time and time again that they have no idea how to do that properly (see RNG, see GS, see Ilevel).

I've seen people AFK in corners of the fighting area or staying dead all the time.
    Just reward say the top 15 players.
    Problem solved IMHO.
  • loosestellaloosestella Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Under normal circumstances I'd agree with the OP on making things reachable for the 'average' player.

HOWEVER: Tiamat is a GODDESS. Some simpleton being able to take her out is laughable at best. And I begrudgingly agree with Tommybostic here: this is an instance that should be BiS only and then again still difficult as hell for them so some real skill and tactics are involved. Mostly just on the very theme of it: Group of peeon humans and elves and squishy mortals trying to take out a freakin' GODDESS.

I know better than to even think about attempting that fight because I just don't take this game (or any of my gaming) that seriously. But I do know there are those who do. Let them have their fun, too. So all you non-BiS types: kwitcherbichen and all you BiS types: kwitcherkicken.

Pretty solid what she said here. 1800 IL is perfect for players. Gives you something to work towards if you're not there yet, and if you are, then you hang with the best and help them carry you to a possible win. :)
    Yup, its as if we bought what we thought was a home (with our attention, time and for many, money) but instead it was a hotel room, and mod 6 was checkout day.
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    tomiotar wrote: »
    We have been waiting for more than 2 months for the devs to tune down the difficulty of Tiamat in order to finnish it without abusing any kind of glitch or bug and they finnally did it, but the problem is that their "solution" is not even close to enough. There is any plan from the devs to make Tiamat doable for 25 NON-BiS players raid? If what they implemented here is what should be considered the solution then u just kick out from the instance about 90% of the player base.

Mod7 is supposed to come here on summer, so we cant hope for any kind of better "solution" before that. Basically we just have to stop playing that instance?

So you think its still too hard?
    Maybe there should be a normal and an epic version of Tiamat.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am all for fair play and giving to the ones that can not do it.
    But making normal tiamat would be silly.
    Tiamat is doable again.
    i am 2.6 k DC , with my t1 helm and armor and purple artifacts.
    And i do not see any reason why it should be less harder then this. You will get carried by BIS players anyway.
    And in my opinion it should be like that until you get up there and can contribute at least a bit.
    Don't make it laggy, have 1800 k gs and learn from the best.
    What is wrong with that ?
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tiamat18k channel is active and working again.

they killed tiamat yesterday just by entering the door at the same time.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    Did anyone participate in the devs tiamat games on preview? did any of those matches actually clear it without crazy preview gear like Full rank 12 all mythic 5000 ilvl all over the place teams?

There were only two instances, that I'm aware of. I was in with my 1800 ilvl DC, and was the only character under 2200 ilvl. I saw mostly high-2ks and some 3k and 4k ilvl.

And no, we didn't win. Close, but no cigar.

However.. I scored 14th out of 25, so I consider that a personal victory.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015

exactly. sure I've seen it get to 4 rounds, with less than 30s left to finish off all 5 heads.
    if you aint do it in 3 rounds there is basically 0% chance to win.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I did it with a mix of high geared players and more average geared players. The DPS would be considered low.

We completed it in 4 phases. The biggest factor was people were listening to guidance given out by the more experience players. The encounter is much more doable now.

I still would like to be able to premade it but there is a noticeable difference now
  • gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    loexwell wrote: »
    I've seen people AFK in corners of the fighting area or staying dead all the time.
    Just reward say the top 15 players.
    Problem solved IMHO.

So if im as supporter or tank in a full active instance of tiamat I will never get any reward?
  • equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So if im as supporter or tank in a full active instance of tiamat I will never get any reward?

I'm kinda of support type, always placed 1st never lower unless I afk. You'll get linus and other stuff.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Attempted Tiamat for the first time with my 2k ilvl GWF. I brought some super damage, even though I wound up playing Crowd Control because no one else at my cleric could be bothered, so I didn't score very high (16th), and even though we didn't win overall, it felt pretty good.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    mattock13 wrote: »
    A little OT but has anyone gotten any dragon gems to drop anywhere since the patch? Strange that they are completely gone from the AH.

There's 1 in the AH right now, and i've had 3 drop since Mod 6. Dragon in Rothe / Shores skirmish.
  • pa1nk1ller1989pa1nk1ller1989 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2015

The rank idea is actually great! I.ement immediatelly.Also I am full tank/buff. Usually coming first or second o zerg channel winning instances easily.... I would also like to see players that don't pass a point threshold ( like 50-60% of the average player has on winning run) be banned from tiamat account wide for 10days or until he succesfully completes ToS or GwD 4 times. It will be goodbye for afk leeches-parasites while allowing less geared people who perform well to have a chance.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol all these ideas were bounced about 9 months ago or whatever when tiamat was first produced. devs have stated that no further changes will be made period. it's timat deal with it or don't do it end of story
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    packrat0 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm curious how you are inferring that doing it requires "Best in Slot."
    Are you seriously suggesting that having 1800 item level is BiS, and that requirement excludes 90% of the player base?

you forget that you have always 100% buffs from the donation.
  • dajoulzdajoulz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1) Lack of a 25 man communications tool like ventrilo. Most peeps don't even use the next to useless ingame voice chat let alone Ventrilo, Teamspeak, or Mumble.

2) The lack of a true 25 man raid interfact. What is so hard about creating a scaled up version of the 5 man group interface . . .

3) A 25 man group queue system.

If you are going to add a next to impossible 25 man boss instance, provide the tools to give peeps a reasonable chance to beat it.

i don't see how this will prevent people from queueing up...and then afk still when they get in :-/