test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So this is tiamat solution on Mod6?

tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
We have been waiting for more than 2 months for the devs to tune down the difficulty of Tiamat in order to finnish it without abusing any kind of glitch or bug and they finnally did it, but the problem is that their "solution" is not even close to enough. There is any plan from the devs to make Tiamat doable for 25 NON-BiS players raid? If what they implemented here is what should be considered the solution then u just kick out from the instance about 90% of the player base.

Mod7 is supposed to come here on summer, so we cant hope for any kind of better "solution" before that. Basically we just have to stop playing that instance?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I dont get players and their way of thinking. Why we (BiS players) cant have something for ourselves? Why cant we have some "oh so impossible to do" dungeon/raid? Why you all want everything to be as easy as possible?

Come on, every MMO needs some really hard dungeons or so... and we need too, for players with really good EQ most of things here are too easy.. so let us have Tiamat ffs.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You don't need BiS to beat Tia. You just need to educate the new people.
  • packrat0packrat0 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, I'm curious how you are inferring that doing it requires "Best in Slot."
    Are you seriously suggesting that having 1800 item level is BiS, and that requirement excludes 90% of the player base?
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I dont get players and their way of thinking. Why we (BiS players) cant have something for ourselves? Why cant we have some "oh so impossible to do" dungeon/raid? Why you all want everything to be as easy as possible?

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with the OP on making things reachable for the 'average' player.

HOWEVER: Tiamat is a GODDESS. Some simpleton being able to take her out is laughable at best. And I begrudgingly agree with Tommybostic here: this is an instance that should be BiS only and then again still difficult as hell for them so some real skill and tactics are involved. Mostly just on the very theme of it: Group of peeon humans and elves and squishy mortals trying to take out a freakin' GODDESS.

I know better than to even think about attempting that fight because I just don't take this game (or any of my gaming) that seriously. But I do know there are those who do. Let them have their fun, too. So all you non-BiS types: kwitcherbichen and all you BiS types: kwitcherkicken.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This fight is doable without BIS.

That said, what makes the fight unnecessarily difficult is that you can't group for the fight. So basically you 25 randos trying to coordinate on the fly and take down the (debatable) hardest boss in the game. Add in the AFK'ers and people who don't get a dragon gem, and the fight can seem impossible.

Apparently enabling 5 person teams to enter the dungeon together is beyond the technical capacities of Neverwinter. Nevermind q'ing as a 25 man raid
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'll give the BiS players this one, but only if they improve their attitude. Come pass Ranger School and I'll let you brag about a real accomplishment in life.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    This fight is doable without BIS.

That said, what makes the fight unnecessarily difficult is that you can't group for the fight. So basically you 25 randos trying to coordinate on the fly and take down the (debatable) hardest boss in the game. Add in the AFK'ers and people who don't get a dragon gem, and the fight can seem impossible.

Apparently enabling 5 person teams to enter the dungeon together is beyond the technical capacities of Neverwinter. Nevermind q'ing as a 25 man raid

If its doable without BiS just make a video and post it. They put that 1800 requirement but u have no chance to win with a 1800 team, same as u didnt have a chance to win with 10k people.
    edited May 2015
    We're never going to get 25 BiS players in the same instance, so whenever someone wins, we know it can be won without 25 BiS.

It still needs more fixing. Twice in a row we lost while we still had up to 30 seconds left on the timer.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    azlanfox wrote: »
    I'll give the BiS players this one, but only if they improve their attitude. Come pass Ranger School and I'll let you brag about a real accomplishment in life.

Ditto. (Nope I wasn't a Ranger - not hardcore enough. LOL)
  • lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tomiotar wrote: »
    If its doable without BiS just make a video and post it. They put that 1800 requirement but u have no chance to win with a 1800 team, same as u didnt have a chance to win with 10k people.

I was in a pug (that is, just zoning in without looking for a specific time with other people) an hour and a half ago and completed it easily. It felt slightly harder than pre-mod6, but not much more. Before mod6, if you simply zone in without coordinating, some times you would fail. Same thing will happen now, so give it a try a few more times.

Having said that, I think the 1800 requirement is too low. Anyone with lvl 70 blues will have 1800. If you get unlucky and enter an instance with mostly sub-2k people who don't know the fight and/or understand ArP, buffs and debuffs, you will likely fail.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    HOWEVER: Tiamat is a GODDESS. Some simpleton being able to take her out is laughable at best. And I begrudgingly agree with Tommybostic here: this is an instance that should be BiS only and then again still difficult as hell for them so some real skill and tactics are involved. Mostly just on the very theme of it: Group of peeon humans and elves and squishy mortals trying to take out a freakin' GODDESS.

Haha she's one of the weakest deities of all. She couldn't even handle ruling the first layer of hell. Asmodeus had to take it from her again and wasn't even angry, cause he saw she was too weak and dumb for it. And other gods use her as their plaything. That' the entire reason she wants to get out of the nine hells, it's her prison.
    Seriously, 25 epic (legendary now?) level characters should be slaughtering tiamat, who is not even entirely there, only in the process of being summoned. And let's not forget the 3 epic Selune clerics and the chosen of Mystra helping. Tiamat is the one who should be shaking in her boots here...
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For all the new people having to farm 15 linu for the neck piece. Hell yes the difficulty needs toned down.
    edited May 2015
    Ditto. (Nope I wasn't a Ranger - not hardcore enough. LOL)

You and me both, it was a top percentile optional in my WOAC program. I should have realized something when just passing initial quals and eval was considered 75% of the credit.

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It doesnt take BiS.. it takes a enough knowledge and build to finish it off.. and that means dps with enough arp/power with good builds to do it.

1800 ilevel is still ridiculously low.. I would encourage people to be around 2500k.. with around 40% arp.

Just because you can enter with that ilevel , doesnt mean your contributing.

... and yes.. that ilevel limit is literally like a DAY 1 lvl 70. with almost no money spent.

Arp is the key here.. if your rolling in sub 30%.. your doing a load less damage then you should be. What gets me is the players WHO do roll into the instance with 1800 i level and 21% arp or so.. sheesh guys.
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    azlanfox wrote: »

Blasphemy. One of the original selling points of this game revolved around the targeting system and how it reintroduced skill into MMORPGs. So what happened to that? Why can't a group of SKILLED players coordinate their efforts to make this happen? Why is it that BiS is a prerequisite to completing "difficult" content, why is that mentality acceptable, and why does gear trump skill?
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    It doesnt take BiS.. it takes a enough knowledge and build to finish it off.. and that means dps with enough arp/power with good builds to do it.

1800 ilevel is still ridiculously low.. I would encourage people to be around 2500k.. with around 40% arp.

Just because you can enter with that ilevel , doesnt mean your contributing.

... and yes.. that ilevel limit is literally like a DAY 1 lvl 70. with almost no money spent.

Arp is the key here.. if your rolling in sub 30%.. your doing a load less damage then you should be. What gets me is the players WHO do roll into the instance with 1800 i level and 21% arp or so.. sheesh guys.

it is flat out not possible with 1800 period end of story

but same goes for the old 10k GS so... par for the course for PW #facepalm

the trash mobs were reduced maybe but not timat still need the dps to zerg him down, if you don't get 2.5 heads down in the 1st round, forget it AFK to end or just bail... again par for course of this "raid" that you can't group with your guild #SMF
    edited May 2015
    Tia has fewer HP, or less defense. In earlier attempts, we could only get 1 head down per round. Now we can get more.
    edited May 2015
    Blasphemy. One of the original selling points of this game revolved around the targeting system and how it reintroduced skill into MMORPGs. So what happened to that? Why can't a group of SKILLED players coordinate their efforts to make this happen? Why is it that BiS is a prerequisite to completing "difficult" content, why is that mentality acceptable, and why does gear trump skill?

Tiamat is a raid that requires skill AND gear. Your build, the ability to dodge and appropriately time attacks and actions, as well as working with others and being able to take direction/follow orders is paramount. In Tiamat, gear means nothing if you can't do the previous.

For all else, and for once, I will argue on the other side of this argument and postulate that gear is only a fraction of the equation. Perseverance is the primary portion of it. You can complete almost anything without BiS, you are just going to have to get used to buying kits, running all the way back from the campfire, and res'ing players (if you are on that duty rotation).

If you have the gear with the HP needed, then it goes back to being mostly skill based (good build, timing, being able to dodge, work as a team, etc.).

• walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    Tia has fewer HP, or less defense. In earlier attempts, we could only get 1 head down per round. Now we can get more.

I tried 2x since patch, both times we got 1 head to 20% and barely scratched the 2nd one before timer ran out... fail dps /afk

that's the problem with Tiamat since the beginning, it's TIMED. yes you need "skill" but skill will only take you so far, you need NEED NEED good enough gear to give good DPS, otherwise you don't have the TIME to beat down his HP. you simply can't beat the clock period.
  • lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    it is flat out not possible with 1800 period end of story

but same goes for the old 10k GS so... par for the course for PW #facepalm

The devs can't win. They put a low iLvl because it allows more people to participate. This actually allows low gear people to have a chance to win tiamat off the backs of others.

The devs need to decide where Tiamat fits in to the game's progression. 1800 is basically saying, "as soon as you hit 70, your next destination is Tiamat".

Given that Tiamat is a 25-man instance that you can't pre-make, the iLvl requirement is even more important. An instance of all sub-2k just won't be enough. An instance with even distribution of 2.2k - 2.7k will have no trouble.
    edited May 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    I tried 2x since patch, both times we got 1 head to 20% and barely scratched the 2nd one before timer ran out... fail dps /afk

that's the problem with Tiamat since the beginning, it's TIMED. yes you need "skill" but skill will only take you so far, you need NEED NEED good enough gear to give good DPS, otherwise you don't have the TIME to beat down his HP. you simply can't beat the clock period.

I just did two of them where we would have won if they hadn't ended before the timer was up. I did two others that I had to leave because everyone was either throwing mobs or AFK.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    well.. the other issue, is many of us got our first 3-4 toons with the 6 or 7 boons already.. If I have 6, im not bothering with 7 and I already prefarmed 15 linus on many of them.

frankly its not worth my bother to run them at this time.

I never asked them to make it less difficult, I did ask them to bump it to 70, good move, but they still didnt gate this right.

In the old days about ten average players could carry the entire group, now it takes like 20 average and you still get like ten..

which is why it sucks now.
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tiamat is doable, even without everyone having BiS Equipment. It is also doable with a handful 1800ers, as long as these contribute in the form of control (during protection phase) and buffs/debuffs.

But loosing at Tiamat is frustrating and I understand why.

The biggest problem is, that there are many factors, that can make the group loose. AFkers, bad skilled chars that do not contribute much, people not reading the chat / understanding english / thinking they can do everything better and thus resisting any efforts on coordination, many not collecting the gems and even more not using them the right way (or even using them at all), redundant buffs / debuffs, and so on.

You as a single player can do nothing to reduce these risks of failure and your own success in this instance is dependant on other people. This makes every failure not just a failure but also a waste of time.

This is the same problem as with random dungeon / PvP teams, only worse, because you even have no possibility of a premade group.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Easy Fixes, maybe not all together:

1 - Remove the timer and implement a reward scale based on the number of rounds it takes. Round 1, major prizes, round 5, little prize.
    2 - Eliminate the failure reward. Why should I get a dragon egg for losing? This would reduce the number of people afking a bit to milk to loser rewards.
    3 - Allow people to enter for the full 20 minutes. Not really sure why you can't.
    4 - Create queue system similar to GG so people dont have to run all the way to the gate.
    5 - Perhaps make separate queues for 1800-2499, and 2500 plus with more rewards for the higher queue? This would allow people to do the instance at the lower level for appropriate rewards and then advance to the higher queue. (Yes, you could easily reduce your item level to get the lower queue then queue up, but the rewards should be fairly reduced for players in the lower queue - its a learning level, not a farm. This would allow people to progress instead of jumping into the fire.
  • pa1nk1ller1989pa1nk1ller1989 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1.8 ilvl requirement is kind of a joke. It should be at LEAST 2.2(i would prefer 2.5) to enter tiamat.

also : make chest give 1-2 linu favor OR make victory award 2 linu and defeat 1 so that my time is not wasted with bad players that i am FORCED to play with

Tiamat mechanic is the reason me and my guild quitted the game for months, and it seems that it might be the reason we will stop again
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tiamat is going to require a full instance of minimally 2500 ilvl characters, evenly mixed with crowd control, buff/debuff and DPS. Just like always.

However, that will require EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING. No AFKers, not quitters, no bullsh*tters. Everyone needs to go in and do their job.

Protip: if you're b*tching about other people in the /say channel, you aren't doing your job. Less chat, more pew pew.

But whatever. I played Tiamat with the devs and we lost. However, it was a far cry from what it had been, and I can see how it will be certainly doable, but not with 1800 ilvl.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To get 1.8k item lvl you need either full pvp set + T1 rings and belt. + 4x green/blue artifact which new players wont have anyway. Full r7 on top of that.

The only thing which they should do is remove itemlvl from DH enchants.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    FYI, my DC is sitting at just over 1800 ilvl. No enchantments higher than rank 6. And this is what she brings to the fight:

Eternal Helm
    Eternal Chainmail (with Lesser Soulforged)
    Eternal Gauntlets
    Eternal Greaves

Elemental Fire Holy Symbol (blue, with Lesser Holy Avenger)
    Elemental Fire Icon (blue)

Lathander's Cloak (blue)
    Greater Lathander's Belt (blue)

Ring of Crystalized Air
    Reviving Ring of Piercing

Sound of the Sea
    Voice of the Sea
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    edited May 2015
    I'm torn about eliminating rewards for losing. That's a long time to spend getting nothing because of other people. I wish they could record the amount of time a person spends in the campfire area and not give them rewards. Or they could have a minimum score for each round.

I think 2K is a good min AIL.

I thought they already disabled instance switching.