test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Time to fix or rework annoying PRISM

2»

Comments

• Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    Funny, the description calls it a dot that gets disabled as soon as you use an encounter power, and since a few feats in the tree are based around recovery of encounter, that seems counter productive.

Not quite. First though the on topic portion of this. Prism infinite loops have been fixed internally and hopefully will be out next week.

Second, RE: Purifying Fire. This power is NOT a DoT effect. Each time you strike a foe you apply a single stack which instantly does damage. These stacks then sit on the target and modify new stacks going on the target. Once you reach that 5th stack you cannot apply any more stacks. However, using an encounter power on the target clears all stacks on them, letting you deal damage with it again. It works on the principle of weaving at wills and encounters together rather than dumping all your attacks at once. Reading the tooltip seems pretty clear to me, but if it is that unclear we can look at simplifying it.
  • Options
    dizonyxdizonyx Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Remove AP generation when daily buff (Divine Protector, Shield of Faith, Heroism) active.
    Because OP can use eternal DP or SoF without any delay and sometimes use both.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not quite. First though the on topic portion of this. Prism infinite loops have been fixed internally and hopefully will be out next week.

Second, RE: Purifying Fire. This power is NOT a DoT effect. Each time you strike a foe you apply a single stack which instantly does damage. These stacks then sit on the target and modify new stacks going on the target. Once you reach that 5th stack you cannot apply any more stacks. However, using an encounter power on the target clears all stacks on them, letting you deal damage with it again. It works on the principle of weaving at wills and encounters together rather than dumping all your attacks at once. Reading the tooltip seems pretty clear to me, but if it is that unclear we can look at simplifying it.
    hi,
    Crush i think the best solution if the prism only have an effect on your own ptm .

I want to point out another thing before the balance dev team want to hammer down d.judgement pls take -% dmg to boost other dps encounters/at wills so at least we can do our dalys in resonable time .
    Cuz if ppl call for hammering down our main dps source. If DJ dmg will go away Paladins will need much more time to do they daly routin cuz some mobs have self heals and it take forever to kill one of those mobs w/o DJ.
    I am now 3000 (with 26k power 13k recovery cap arp 60% crit chance) ilvl and my biggest encounter crit with p.vorpal is still 40 k (my gwf/gf can hit this with her at will just a bit more around 70- 80k dmg ofc in pve).

Also i noticed somthing and i am sure paladins arp have an effect on Binding Oath and Divine Protector.
    More ARP i have more dmg i got if i remove my ARP i will gain much less dmg around 60% less.
    I dont think this is intended.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    potato404potato404 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    speaking of purifying fire is there a fix for the way burning light interacts with it? atm burning light does not reset the stacks
  • Options
    powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2015

RE: Purifying Fire - I use it and like it and thought I understood how it worked except for one thing I think I learned from your post just now.. It stops doing damage after the 5th hit right? If so I did not realize that and will adjust my tactics accordingly. Thank you for the information.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2015

GMC - thanks for this and its good to see you on the forums again. I can only assume you being gone for a while means you have something BIG in store for us soon.

Also, can you please respond to the Paladin Thread about DR/ARP and ARP resist you posted in yesterday? A bunch of us want clarification on a few things and its actually pretty crucial to the game on how this works....
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    GMC - thanks for this and its good to see you on the forums again. I can only assume you being gone for a while means you have something BIG in store for us soon.

Also, can you please respond to the Paladin Thread about DR/ARP and ARP resist you posted in yesterday? A bunch of us want clarification on a few things and its actually pretty crucial to the game on how this works....

I've not been working on anything terrifyingly large, just lots of sundry and small things have kept me too busy to prowl the forums. I have a little more leeway with my time now so I can wander around here while working on stuff. As far as that thread, I can browse through it, although I answered some of those questions in the post on the PVP forums.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've not been working on anything terrifyingly large, just lots of sundry and small things have kept me too busy to prowl the forums. I have a little more leeway with my time now so I can wander around here while working on stuff. As far as that thread, I can browse through it, although I answered some of those questions in the post on the PVP forums.

Oh man... I was crossing my fingers for a third paragon PATH! LOL!!!

Well its good to see you back, you got "wrapped up" right around the same time as the layoffs so I was praying that you were not part of that group!

So its really good to see you back, hopefully you can find more time to give us info and clarify things (like the ARP Resist) Because it really helps us know how the game works.... I would hate to be a new player not understanding how it all works.... Some of the tooltips could be adjusted potentially down the road on this issue.

BTW - Why doesnt ARP resist work like Crit Resist.

Crit Resist diminishes the TOTAL crit damage - why not have this "additive" to crit severity?
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Strange because I use my taunt regularly and I see no noticeable difference in my damage. As far as purifying fire... a power that makes my at will cause a Dot damage; if you are any kind of paladin you are already using aura of courage, if you are after DPS, which makes purifying fire kind of worthless, so calling it a DPS power, since its design goes against the majority of feats that would be picked in that tree, well, stupid. maybe if it was a BulWark power would it have made more sense.
    The capstone has an ICD so spamming Tab will not always trigger the buffs. I find the capstone buffs distinctly noticeable so it definitely is working.

Purifying Fire is not a DoT and works really well if you keep track of stacks and weave your encounters in as appropriate. Coupled with Radiant Strike you can decimate groups of minions in short order. The CD reduction in the Justice tree just makes it easier to have an encounter ready to go when you need to 'reset' PF stacks.

Honestly I find the OP Justice tree one of the better designed feat trees in the game.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder