test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

People complaining about IWD RP drops: It baffles me

zickyjackszickyjacks Member Posts: 144 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title says. Anyone else pretty much dumbfounded by this?

The botting scare almost reminds me of 1950's propaganda scares. Unless the botters can some how make a script where they don't take damage, botting HE is going to be hard.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I concur... :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If a botter can make a script that runs a dungeon, then a botter can make a script to do HE's. As far as the scare, the scare comes from the people who are feeling like they are about to lose out on the market because RP items will be flooding in devaluing what is currently up.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    If a botter can make a script that runs a dungeon, then a botter can make a script to do HE's. As far as the scare, the scare comes from the people who are feeling like they are about to lose out on the market because RP items will be flooding in devaluing what is currently up.

Making a script to run a dungeon is one thing. But making it so they don't take damage? Eh that's a bit more work than for what most of these scripts do now.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    I think people don't get, bots can't do anything in IWD, have you ever inspect a bot? They are far from BiS, very very very far...! They're not even able to kill a single mob there!

I'm curious how people came up with this ridiculous idea. . . Well, god knows.

Doesn't matter. The RP price drop like it's hot. The last time i looked at the prices it was about 180K for a stack of peridots and 360-400K for a stack of Aquamarins. If i remember correctly that was on Monday or Tuesday. Now the price drops below 100K per Stack of peridot and 260K for Aquamarins only one day after the patch release and they don't stop to drop.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    I think people don't get, bots can't do anything in IWD, have you ever inspect a bot? They are far from BiS, very very very far...! They're not even able to kill a single mob there!

I'm curious how people came up with this ridiculous idea. . . Well, god knows.

That's what I'm trying to figure out too. The only two arguments I've been given is that either A: botting or B: it will drive the market down. How are those bad things exactly?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. The RP price drop like it's hot. The last time i looked at the prices it was about 180K for a stack of peridots and 360-400K for a stack of Aquamarins. If i remember correctly that was on Monday or Tuesday. Now the price drops below 100K per Stack of peridot and 260K for Aquamarins only one day after the patch release and they don't stop to drop.

But that's a good thing. At least people won't have to go by keys, open lock boxes, try to sell them on AH to make some type of AD, then go blow that same amount on RP. I mean if you open 17 lock boxes, only make maybe 500k to 700k then turn right around and spend it on RP that will only at most take you up 1 level on your artifact, that's really disheartening
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think we should appreciate that there's actually something that is decently farmable in game after so long of doing the complete opposite. If they keep it up then maybe the game can be enjoyable again. I should've sold more rp stacks when they were worth more, but I'd rather the game improve on health for the players. Relying completely on professions is not healthy, yet it's something I've had to rely on since mod 1/2.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    carrytiex wrote: »
    I think we should appreciate that there's actually something that is decently farmable in game after so long of doing the complete opposite. If they keep it up then maybe the game can be enjoyable again. I should've sold more rp stacks when they were worth more, but I'd rather the game improve on health for the players. Relying completely on professions is not healthy, yet it's something I've had to rely on since mod 1/2.

And that's completely crazy.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »

and... is this bad? this is a massive positive step in the game.

This is the best thing cryptic has done for a long.. long.. long time.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »

Exactly what I'm saying. Why are people complaining about something that's good. Like I saw one post. If people keep complaining, they will change it, and then they will complain why changed it.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It only hurts those using bots to accumulate vast stacks to sell.. a legit person , running mini lairs for unbound RP, would get a stack per toon, say.. um every 60 days to sell.. at 200-300k a stack.

It was no where worth the time invested.

The only people complaining are clearly those who were... finding ways around that, to sell highly inflated stacks for AD, to probably then flip on a 3rd party site for real cash (or whatever.. Im no expert in that field)

I cant think of ONE NEGATIVE reason to complain about this.. other then maybe lag.

IT will also drop, people are exited about it, but you will find half the poeple who dont care in a weeks time.

Me.. I will turn my AD in for someone elses grind when the prices drop. I might spend 20-30 mins a day grinding out hes for awhile.

This is the BY far the biggest thing needed in this game in a long time.

Otherwise, if you dont like crowds, you can earn decent RP in sharandar for PRETTY minimum time (3 x 3 with green stones = 22,500 a day) if you so desired that is. Its a pretty good return of your time.

ITs a incentive to ACTUALLY play the game.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It wasn't meant to be a complain. I like that it is farmable and that the PLAYERS and not the BOTS can get their hands on RP.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What I'm really hoping is the next step is the announcement that there will be no more double-RP weekends.

If that happens, people will start using RP as they get it, and there will be progress on a daily basis -- rather than saving up all your RP for the double-RP weekend, and only upgrading your enchantments/artifacts/artifact gear then.

RP prices will stabilize on the AH, and people will have some empty space in their inventory, as was the original vision by the devs.

And I say this as someone with 7 alts that have among them one legendary artifact and only rank 7s and 8s -- so I was one of those who would hoard RP and enchantments for double-RP weekends.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If a botter can make a script that runs a dungeon,

Bots weren't running dungeons. They were being parked at the appropriate spots in the appropriate places with the appropriate gear equipped to farm spawns in dungeons.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It only hurts those using bots to accumulate vast stacks to sell.. a legit person , running mini lairs for unbound RP, would get a stack per toon, say.. um every 60 days to sell.. at 200-300k a stack.

It was no where worth the time invested.

The only people complaining are clearly those who were... finding ways around that, to sell highly inflated stacks for AD, to probably then flip on a 3rd party site for real cash (or whatever.. Im no expert in that field)

I cant think of ONE NEGATIVE reason to complain about this.. other then maybe lag.

IT will also drop, people are exited about it, but you will find half the poeple who dont care in a weeks time.

Me.. I will turn my AD in for someone elses grind when the prices drop. I might spend 20-30 mins a day grinding out hes for awhile.

This is the BY far the biggest thing needed in this game in a long time.

Otherwise, if you dont like crowds, you can earn decent RP in sharandar for PRETTY minimum time (3 x 3 with green stones = 22,500 a day) if you so desired that is. Its a pretty good return of your time.

ITs a incentive to ACTUALLY play the game.

If I could thumbs up this. I would repeatedly. In IWP alone, they have a clock wise farm going. You can, in 20-30 minutes, anywhere from half a stack to a stack of either Aquamarines, Peridots or both. And like I said before in another post. It can close the gap between people trying to get from Rare to Epic, and those struggling to get from Epic to legendary. Although it might upset some people/elitist.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    What I'm really hoping is the next step is the announcement that there will be no more double-RP weekends.

If that happens, people will start using RP as they get it, and there will be progress on a daily basis -- rather than saving up all your RP for the double-RP weekend, and only upgrading your enchantments/artifacts/artifact gear then.

RP prices will stabilize on the AH, and people will have some empty space in their inventory, as was the original vision by the devs.

And I say this as someone with 7 alts that have among them one legendary artifact and only rank 7s and 8s -- so I was one of those who would hoard RP and enchantments for double-RP weekends.

Not as many alts but I'm in the same situation. One legendary artifact and rank 8s. But I make it work.
  • Options
    sixpax2sixpax2 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I checked the price of pretty much all RP items last week, and just about everything was selling for roughly 2AD per RP, except the higher priced items like Blood Ruby and Greater Resonance Stones (which weren't competitive at all). So Peridot's were about 1k each and Aquamarines were about 3k each... same price as they are now.
    "While it is possible to tank as a Justice or Light paladin, it is substantially harder, especially on longer fights where Holy Barrier and your other defensive feats get chances to kick in and contribute quite a bit of defensive power." - System Designer Gentlemancrush
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    sixpax2 wrote: »
    I checked the price of pretty much all RP items last week, and just about everything was selling for roughly 2AD per RP, except the higher priced items like Blood Ruby and Greater Resonance Stones (which weren't competitive at all). So Peridot's were about 1k each and Aquamarines were about 3k each... same price as they are now.

So I wonder will it drop anymore by next week this time.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Edit - I may have misconstrued some meaning . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    ndiovndiov Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Great news indeed. There are sustainable ways to get RP now (leadership and Dragon Heralds too). Should have released this before the dragon hoard enchant nerf. My alts might get purple's now woo.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    zickyjacks wrote: »
    Making a script to run a dungeon is one thing. But making it so they don't take damage? Eh that's a bit more work than for what most of these scripts do now.

Botters don't run one character. This basic fact often baffles me why people assume that.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Botters don't run one character. This basic fact often baffles me why people assume that.

That's understandable. But the fact to make it is something else. You gotta remember. Deep down, programmers are lazy. No matter how you try to say other wise they are. Now lets find one who's willing to sit down and take that amount of time to make it.
  • Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Agreed ++1
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    +1 with the OP , I seriously don't get how people can see a negative with this , surely the only ones who have any issue with this are the people with legendary or mythic gear who don't want anybody else to catch up , can't think of any other reason people would complain lol
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    +1 with the OP , I seriously don't get how people can see a negative with this , surely the only ones who have any issue with this are the people with legendary or mythic gear who don't want anybody else to catch up , can't think of any other reason people would complain lol

Exactly. It's like if someone randomly hands you 100 bucks and you punch them in the face
  • Options
    vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People complain because they know what to expect. And just to so you know how its easy to bot the HE's in IWD: I tagged along a zerg for around 30 minutes today, we were doing minor HEs. I wasn't even close to dying, I didn't have to use even single a potion or dodge even once. Just ran with the zerg, hit a mob or two and "encounter complete". Run to next, rinse, repeat. Got myself a nice stash of peridots and a few aquamarines.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Curse all this money falling from the sky, its clutering up my lawn! *Shakes fist*
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    zickyjacks wrote: »
    That's understandable. But the fact to make it is something else. You gotta remember. Deep down, programmers are lazy. No matter how you try to say other wise they are. Now lets find one who's willing to sit down and take that amount of time to make it.

When money is involved, laziness gives way to ingenuity.