test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

People complaining about IWD RP drops: It baffles me

2»

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Because unless you're running from HE to HE in a timely fashion, the profit would be miniscule.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Because unless you're running from HE to HE in a timely fashion, the profit would be miniscule.

Less than leadership? Unless they could only get less than 1k/hr of RP, it's easily worth it. I would expect 10k+/hr is doable via bot and bots can run 24/7, or at least as long as the server is up.

Not that I'm advocating using bot software, it's against the rules. But clearly this change can and probably will end up benefiting them more than most non-botting players.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
    edited May 2015
    I don't know how many times you guys have to do this dance before you realize what's going on...and note that this applies to Cryptic also since I doubt they're doing this intentionally.
    1. Some item/currency in game is difficult to get.
    2. Something in game is changed making it possible to get a factor of 10 times that in the same amount of time.
    3. Everyone realizes this change and jumps on the bandwagon, including botters.
    4. Value of said item/currency drops by nearly a factor of 10.
    5. People complain and/or Cryptic is forced due to loss of income to change the mechanic and find a way to reduce the amount of said item/currency in game.
    6. Overall dissatisfaction in game goes up.

How many times has this happened now? Welcome to version #908278 of the same cycle, people. Nothing to see here.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zoiks100 wrote: »
    I don't know how many times you guys have to do this dance before you realize what's going on...and note that this applies to Cryptic also since I doubt they're doing this intentionally.
    2. Something in game is changed making it possible to get a factor of 10 times that in the same amount of time.
    5. People complain and/or Cryptic is forced due to loss of income to change the mechanic and find a way to reduce the amount of said item/currency in game.

How many times has this happened now? Welcome to version #908278 of the same cycle, people. Nothing to see here.

So basically what you are saying, is to be miserable now. Because probably, at some future date, they might just change it back, perhaps. I don't know, it seems being miserable as a prophylactic against future misery is just a bad way to go through life.
  • loosestellaloosestella Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zoiks100 wrote: »

The reason why players are starving for refinement and that IWD has become the new zerg army train, is because Cryptic has pretty much eliminated all sources of not only RP, but AD as well. Like duh, of course we're going to jump on a banquet table if we've been starving since mod 3. Swear you guys and you bot theories. If anyone is to blame for the economy and all it's problems, it's the wallet warriors who always have to have BiS, remain top of the mountain, and Cryptic realizes this kind of fodder will pay to "think they are the best". We talk about how Zen exchange will never be fixed, how the economy is 'always' inflated, that's because there's no CAP for wallet warriors to continue to BUY Zen and convert into AD. And if you think there is an actual Zen cap, alt accounts eliminates that.
    Yup, its as if we bought what we thought was a home (with our attention, time and for many, money) but instead it was a hotel room, and mod 6 was checkout day.
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    So basically what you are saying, is to be miserable now. Because probably, at some future date, they might just change it back, perhaps. I don't know, it seems being miserable as a prophylactic against future misery is just a bad way to go through life.

Precisely. We can cross/burn that bridge when we come to it.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My concern is that we are now having very abundant RP sources. Changing fundamental parts of the economy like this should be done little by little.
    This will crash the value of RP. What will have value then in game ? GMoP and a few zen shop items ? I don't think it's healthy in the end, but well ... Enjoy.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Crashing the value of RP, if that happens, will ultimately only hurt botters and whales. Pictured below is the world's smallest violin playing a requiem for that crowd and the power they will no longer hold.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
    edited May 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »

I never said you should be miserable, now or later, nor did I intend to imply that. I'm not trying to "harsh your buzz" if that's what you're thinking, if you enjoy getting tons of RP way faster than before...well, great.

But I'm sure you see the problem, just like anyone who went through the dragon hoard enchant debacle can since it's very similar. Although at least this time it promotes faceless zerg grouping rather than solo instance farming I guess....

I'm sure you also see some of the changes to the game that that previous flood of RP forced also, new artifacts, new enchants, and heavy nerfs to those RP sources. I don't know too many people who enjoyed that.

Maybe don't be miserable in anticipation of future problems, but instead try to do something now to prevent them from happening. Some of you posting in this thread against the complainers are the very ones who should be complaining the most since you're the ones who'll be the most affected and are the ones most likely to be listened to. Certainly it shouldn't be me, I'm sure at least some of you know I don't give two craps about how this game ends up anymore and Cryptic wouldn't listen to me even if I put one of those Ricola horns next to their ears and shouted at them through it.

And yes I know that last bit makes me a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I don't care...which makes me a bigger <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and I still don't care. This isn't my fight and I don't know how I ended up being one of the ones to advocate it as something worth fighting over, the only thing I can blame is my own stupidity.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    NW needed to get back to giving reasonable rewards for actually PLAYING the game again. This update has given us that, very very VERY nice update.

As for the bot scare, there are enough random elements in the IWD HE runs that I think making good scripts will be challenging. It probably can be done, but making it give a good return will be hard. Bot scripts mostly depends on a predictable environment, and IWD HE's are anything but that.

Just the fact that you need at least 4-5 others to run with will make botting hard, and if anyone starts botting entire HE groups that will be easy to catch by Cryptic. And combat is usually very chaotic in HE's.
  • loosestellaloosestella Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    daggon87 wrote: »
    My concern is that we are now having very abundant RP sources. Changing fundamental parts of the economy like this should be done little by little.
    This will crash the value of RP. What will have value then in game ? GMoP and a few zen shop items ? I don't think it's healthy in the end, but well ... Enjoy.

Nothing has any value in the game anymore. Were you not present during Mod 6, when they wiped away all past purple epics by raising the level cap? Were you not present when the past 2 artifact upgrade installments were made obsolete with the new artifact equipment introduced in Mod 6? Were you not present throughout any of the past economical exploits that have systematically infected the game, even with prior warning via players from Preview server? I'm still trying to get your point.
    Yup, its as if we bought what we thought was a home (with our attention, time and for many, money) but instead it was a hotel room, and mod 6 was checkout day.