test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Congrats on making IWD flavour of the month - so much that it is now the LAGGY king

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 481 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
As above , with the change to the HE's now giving RP .

IWD is crawling with people just running the HE's that the maps are now becomig so lag filled that it is just button mashing in the hopes that the power I tried to trigger actually DOES fire .
More often than not it DOESN'T .........
Post edited by pelgrax on

Comments

• Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They should quickly change it and make the dailies reward bonus RP not the HE, because people will use BOTs to farm the HE all the time.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Some people are just never happy... lol

Having unbound RP from HEs is one of the best things to happen in a long time for this game. It brings to life zones that were waning, and allows people to farm things that they need. While also being a source of income.

Sure, things may be more laggy, but oh well... Small price to pay for this awesomeness, IMO! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    pelgrax wrote: »
    As above , with the change to the HE's now giving RP .

IWD is crawling with people just running the HE's that the maps are now becomig so lag filled that it is just button mashing in the hopes that the power I tried to trigger actually DOES fire .
    More often than not it DOESN'T .........

wow your complaining about this? go away get off the forums and uninstall the game pls.
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ievacide wrote: »
    Please stop complaining about it. Don't ruin it for all us. I'm actually gonna upgrade my offhand and mainhand to orange thanks to this and possible get purples on my other toons as well.
    This comment is mostly directly to quspiv and people who complain about changing it. Please just stop..
    We get something good for once and then comes the crying people.

You should learn the difference between crying and constructive feedback. Im not against bonus RP, but i dont like when bots can farm it 24/7 due to poor design.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    You should learn the difference between crying and constructive feedback. Im not against bonus RP, but i dont like when bots can farm it 24/7 due to poor design.

although I love the RP, i expect it will get changed to BTA soon enough. =/

reasons for it not to change - a healthy economy. F2P players can farm HE's and sell RP to the P2Play players

You dont get an award if you /afk at an HE by the way.. you actually have to cONTRIBUTE .. so /followbots wont really be a thing unless they get more advanced. (due to the nature of the mob roaming to different HEs)
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Umm they've been doing that in Neverdeath for months now...
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    they finally listen and add RP to loot table and people already complaining. My guild ran IWD for an hour today, first time in months we all were able to do something together in the game and it be rewarding and social
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They should quickly change it and make the dailies reward bonus RP not the HE, because people will use BOTs to farm the HE all the time.

They should absolutely not. It's the only thing left that is remotely interesting and rewarding. Dailies are the most boring implementation of quests I've ever seen. Though I do potentially appreciate the thaumaturge supply that could come up, I'm not sure I'm going to bother since I hated farming sharandar on multiple toons to progress through the campaign, I don't really want a repeat. This change is long overdue and is practically the only realistic way to level up your gear without spending hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Had artifact equipment been this way to start off with, I may not have had my interest die as heavily.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    REfine items are for players to increase their artifacts.What is the problem with that? You dont want community to be stronger? YOU dont want fight strong players in pvp?
    I remembered poeple to say: omg the peridots are expensive aquamarines blah blah and now cryptic give us a solution and you still complain?
    IF you feel you farm very fast rp the solution could be: increase the time to encounters to spawn like is in wod.

And icewind is the place you need to farm black ice to upgrade your gear.

ARE three possibilities who complains about that : 1.Used bot to farm boe rp in the past and now because will get cheaper cant sell it expensive. 2. bought all the boted rp cheap to sell then expensive but this change ruin his plan. 3. is stupid.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Having unbound RP from HEs is one of the best things to happen in a long time for this game. It brings to life zones that were waning, and allows people to farm things that they need. While also being a source of income.

Sure, things may be more laggy, but oh well... Small price to pay for this awesomeness, IMO! :cool:

This
    I am so so so happy that IWD has some relevance again.
    Now if they would just buff the Black ice elemental gear a bit.... Then it'd be perfect.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Unbound RP from IWD is the best thing that happened to this game since a long time. However it needs an adjustment that you have to actually contribute to the HE to get the reward. Currently it will lead to toxic behaviour, since most efficient way is to just run through HE just to be marked as participant and get similar reward to people that actually completed it.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh, but this is so much better than seeing people bug-using in WoD! They should maybe add pearls and peridots to other area's HEs too.

wentris, from what I've seen, normal success gives peridots, while great success adds an aquamarine.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited May 2015

aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnddddd this! :)
    What was done, was the best thing I saw in this game for a long while.
    Finally it's worth playing, even if it's just a laggy grind from HE to HE - IT'S WORTH PLAYING THE GAME!!
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wentris wrote: »
    Unbound RP from IWD is the best thing that happened to this game since a long time. However it needs an adjustment that you have to actually contribute to the HE to get the reward. Currently it will lead to toxic behaviour, since most efficient way is to just run through HE just to be marked as participant and get similar reward to people that actually completed it.

If you just run through and don't contribute, you get 35 black ice and nothing else.
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is the best thing in a very long time to happen to NW and we already got ppl complaining. This is what a lot of us have been asking for since artifact gear has been introduced, to be able to acquire RP by actually playing the game. Now they need to increase the RP reward from T1/T2 to 20k-30k guaranteed, since those take longer to complete, and we'll have some pretty decent RP prices and several ways to acquire RP through actually playing the game and doing the stuff you like.

As for botting, HEs are the hardest stuff to bot in-game, esp IWD HEs, you need a pretty advanced bot software and an army of bots to be able to bot it efficiently. Quests are much easier to bot, while DHE farming doesn't even require a bot.

IWD is a good start, i hope we'll see more like this in the, hopefully, near-future.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    they finally listen and add RP to loot table and people already complaining. My guild ran IWD for an hour today, first time in months we all were able to do something together in the game and it be rewarding and social

and it was FUN TOO RIGHT?

I had FUN doing HE's yesterday.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    viridian86viridian86 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Some people are NEVER happy. Don't ruin things for everyone because you lag.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i love iwd !
  • Options
    richbmwrichbmw Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i dont see why people complaining its a great idea

bmw service
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree, it is a great idea.
    Yes it will be laggy when a lot of people are inside.
    But that is the whole point. To get a lot of people, to come back to ICW and try to do it for the prizes offered.
    It was kinda forsaken for a period of time..
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Agreed. Thanks for the change.

Spent about an hour or so running HE's with some guildies last night, and it was a lot of fun. It also made getting IWD dailies done A LOT easier for people, since the zones were populated again.

But the other complaints in this thread just go to show you...some people are never happy.

As for me, I think last night's patch was a huge step in the right direction.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't want to be the devil's advocate but injecting unbound RP into the game is not a good thing. When the botters will get hang on it, there will be a botfest ala foundry. Expect drop nerfs, or if the devs take the smart route - BTA.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited May 2015

IWD wasn't a problem when you could actually do your dailies there.
    Even in off-peak times, you could still find someone to PvP or get a party for Beholder.

It became a problem because of Mod 6. and this doesn't change it.

Simple fix: Revert Dragon Hoards and make the dropped RP tradeable.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    First: "No one play IWD any more, everyone is just raiding WoD. Do something!"

Then: "Still no one plays IWD because the HEs are to difficult and the rewards no desirable. Do something!"

Now: "Everyone is now playing IWD because of better rewards. That is bad. Do something!"

Soon: "Why did you change it? It was better before. Do something!"

Why not just saying "The game is not completely made for my own special needs, change it, I'm a customer. The needs of other customers are irrelevant, I'm more important!"

Will not change much, true, but at least it's honest ...
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    IWD wasn't a problem when you could actually do your dailies there.
    Even in off-peak times, you could still find someone to PvP or get a party for Beholder.

It became a problem because of Mod 6. and this doesn't change it.

Simple fix: Revert Dragon Hoards and make the dropped RP tradeable.

How will this fix it? Does it make more people play IWD so you can find enough people for HEs and PvP and at the same time remove lags?
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    neirgara wrote: »
    How will this fix it? Does it make more people play IWD so you can find enough people for HEs and PvP and at the same time remove lags?

What he / she said..

I totally agree.
    We wanted people to do ICWd , now they will.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg