What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150515a.1

Comments

• Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the new dread ring artifact pack only has union, power, stability stones. Nothing for artifact equipment, which is what players have been asking for. Do they ever have artifact EQUIPMENT refining stuff?
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    azlanfox wrote: »
    Not really seeing any kind of improvement here, not much is conducive to a casual player really.

this thing with casual i never understood it.MY guild leader count as a casual because has the worst gear for a guild leader not have time to farm and when we do content is very good.FOR me is not casual and extreme players.Is i understand the mechanics and i play fine.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    nwoun1 wrote: »
    Trans Terror and Trans Plague Fire also bugged still and are buffing mobs / debuffing owner.

We have been unable to reproduce these issues, can you tell what power specifically seems to be doing it? I would wager that one of your own powers/class features is inappropriately hitting you.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    araraguy wrote: »
    Which is silly because of right now the gear progression path for fresh 70's is somewhat like this: buy rare 70's from AH or farm the insanely easy/boring levelling dungeons>>>farm weeks for Eternal gear or do T1s if you're lucky, to me that's not really progressive as I thought that the DR/Sharandar zones were meant to be an in-between. Is there a reason why rare 70 items do no drop outside of dungeons?

yeah, i have to agree. When they introduced the idea it was suppose to be as a bridge to get fresh players to 70. They need to rethink the requirements
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    the new dread ring artifact pack only has union, power, stability stones. Nothing for artifact equipment, which is what players have been asking for. Do they ever have artifact EQUIPMENT refining stuff?

+1 panderus , we need more sources of artifact GEAR rp , getting rp for regular artifacts is easy due to the abundant number of profession nodes in Spinward rise but with the double nerf to dragon horde enchantments artifact gear rp is very difficult to come by in any kind of reasonable amounts ,please remedy this.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    rafaelribeir2rafaelribeir2 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    We have been unable to reproduce these issues, can you tell what power specifically seems to be doing it? I would wager that one of your own powers/class features is inappropriately hitting you.

and the tenebrous? bugged to months!
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    +1 panderus , we need more sources of artifact GEAR rp , getting rp for regular artifacts is easy due to the abundant number of profession nodes in Spinward rise but with the double nerf to dragon horde enchantments artifact gear rp is very difficult to come by in any kind of reasonable amounts ,please remedy this.

Propably cryptic do that because 140 rank artifact is more rp than the 60 rank on artifact equip.But there is a difference on artifacts any source of rp give the full points so is easier adding more source only for artifacts is useless.
  • Options
    rawlor9krawlor9k Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You cannot buy the armor from the Dread Ring. None of the vendors gives the option.

Sharandar (Iliyanbruen) Helm & Feet do not give Hit Points. Checked on CW & GF.

These extra armor sets are stepping stones into level 70 are a great move forward, but the currency required to buy them is fairly steep- especially when it comes to Sharandar. You are gated for about two weeks before you can even begin to aquire Iliyanbruen Blades.

Perhaps have a piece or two that has different purchasing requirements so someone can get at least that 1 or 2 pieces earlier. Require Gold Crescents instead of Iliyanbruen Blades and maybe 60 sparks instead of 100. These are "entry level" after all. They shouldn't all be more difficult to aquire than superior T1 gear from instance runs.

Suggestion: Just as the eternal gear scales, you should update the older equipment to do the same thing. For example, the Red Cap gear in Sharandar.
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Sharandar campaign progression has been simplified a lot. I think all parts can be opened in less than a week now.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    zakienwarzakienwar Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still wondering if yall are going to give a free respec for the paladins that had power and feat bug. Didnt see that on your list, we should not have to pay for a respec. Thanks for hearing me out. :)
  • Options
    squallitsquallit Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dear Panderus patch is good, but may be you begin to fix bugs? Look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jZDg4Lh98Q
    Bugged-build, any class , regardless of equipment , dies for 3-4 seconds from the available skills. Do you think that TR balanced?
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There's still a lot of people who cannot solo the solo campaign areas, other have it turned from a grind to a chore. It simply is no fun going there anymore. More rewards won't change that. The levels of these areas need to be lowered or all the encounters reworked.
  • Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    what about arp and control bonus from wisdom not effect HR root?
    what about 2s reveal stealth not exists anymore?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    piejal wrote: »
    what about arp and control bonus from wisdom not effect HR root?
    what about 2s reveal stealth not exists anymore?
    this. And some changes to how barkshield works are required too.
    good patch tho
  • Options
    riryakuriryaku Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    shadow of demise still not working on more then 1 enemy. please fix it or change the tool tip. thx
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    GREAT change of additional RP. 1 question - is it BoA, or sellable? Because if you can sell the RP from IWD HEs you have just created a great farming spot for groups of casuals/semi-advanced players (and some solo geared players too) + perhaps cheaper RP for everybody (higher supply) which is exactly what this game needed. If RP from DR/Shar is sellable as well - its definitely a step in the right direction, we need more sources of AD income for less than perfect geared players, that doesnt generate new AD causing inflation, but instead operates on existing AD.

P.S. panderus - could you give us technical details how bugged enchantments could debuff user and buff mobs? Im sure the problem is not only about enchantments, but also certain debuffing player skills/feats. Or, maybe rather, interactions between debuffs from different sources. Yesterday I was with my guild mate fresh HR (no weapon ench. at all) in eLoL and scorpions were hitting my tank for 150k-200k as long as HR lived... When he died damage was lowered to 25-40k/hit, which is normal damage I take from them. Then again - Lostmauth itself. Constant 160k hits when HR was alive. HR died - 20k hits... Another time I told HR to stay still and not do anything since beginning of combat - 20k hits. Nobody in party had any debuffing enchantment (and any ench. greater than perfect). Im aware of HR + Aura of Courage interactions, I even took it away, but its not that (they look different anyway). I have similar situations with different classes on VT/eLoL/ToS/GWD/eCC, for example 2 days ago I was in VT with CW and whenever he placed chilling cloud -damage debuff on Valindra her damage went 4-5x up (cirle under your feet/choking). Im pretty sure enchantments are part of wider problem. The problem is - these skills work perfectly fine alone, but when you combo some of them they bug causing mobs to multiply their damage, which makes it extremely hard to track.
  • Options
    kazuhiro3kazuhiro3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Someone wrote that the trans. Feytoched works, i tested it today on a preview, it also imposes a damage buff on mobs.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Feytouched we have a solution in the works.

DR/SHA armor is the same cosmetically as the previous ones.

Both are great news - work on bugs always is, and I feared we'd get another bunch of eyesores...
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Classes and Balance
    • Oathbound Paladin: Aura of Solitude: This power now works as expected.

what is expected ? the aura doesnt count companions as an allies anymore ? how about players that arent in your party ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How about having the daily and weekly quests rewards Seals of the Shadowmantle and Seals of the Fey, similar to the Fallen Dragon Fangs in ToD. Make the weekly reward 9 and each daily 1.

Then keep the costs similar for the new level 70 armor, to help newer players better bridge the gap. Make it a combination of seals/scrips/crescents. At 15 seals each (like the Eternal gear), a new player can expect to run the Sharandar/Dread Ring dailies a bit as they level up, and should have plenty of currency to buy the level 70 sets when they hit 70, which should also help ease the transition into T1 dungeons, as well as WoD and IWD content, but not at the expense of putting off their campaign/boon progression.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    kazuhiro3 wrote: »
    Someone wrote that the trans. Feytoched works, i tested it today on a preview, it also imposes a damage buff on mobs.
    Nobody said that, as you can see above my post, they are working on a possible solution but it's still on development builds we can't test.

About the patch, there's plenty of good things here, I'll try to test a bit when I'll have some time.
  • Options
    lking73lking73 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    took my GWF and my CW to dread ring and Dell does not give me the store to buy the armour...only shows the the zone rewards
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice surprise with rp being injected into the game. Far too long people have had to rely on botted supply to reach demand. Though no mention of dragon hoard fixes is a bummer and further gives no incentive to upgrade lesser versions. It's not been rewarding to play the game but instead buy stuff (in my case not with money) than actually earn it. This is one good step, though I still don't see a reason to do dungeons that require a key for mediocre loot once you have what you want and not even shard drops any more which are are lot less farmable.

If you continue on with rewarding players you can slowly bring back player trust that has been falling, but personally I've seen more restrictions on what you can earn and how you can use items you already have (such as BtC bags which were already costly but used to give you freedom)
  • Options
    gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lots of changes this week! Drowned Shore content polish, new sources for Refinement Points and some performance changes.

Please be sure to join us today at 4pm to test out Tiamat difficulty! If we don't feel its right this go we may remove it until we feel we have tuning down.

• Temple of Tiamat: There are now entrance restrictions on the Temple of Tiamat. You must be at least level 70 and have a Total Item Level of 1800 to enter. While this limits who can enter and fight Tiamat, it should significantly improve the chance of success."
    • Temple of Tiamat: Lowered the difficulty of creatures within the Temple of Tiamat by approximately 20%.

Items and Economy
    • Dread Ring
      • Added 'Dread Ring Artifact Bag' to the daily quests. This reward pack holds 5,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
      • Added 'Dread Ring Artifact Trove' to the weekly quest rewards. This reward pack holds 15,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
      • Added a new set of armor, Thayan Servitor, iLevel 120 Rare quality. It is sold in the Campaign store and costs 75 Vanguard Scrip, 50 Thayan Scrolls, and 6 Thayan Ciphers per piece.
      • Removed Seals of the Shadowmantle from the drop tables in Valindra's Tower. Removed the armor sold for these seals from the store and replaced them with a bag of artifact Refinement Stones.
    • Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounters now also award Refinement Stones. Awards range from 1,000 Refinement Points for small Heroic Encounters all the way up to 11,000 for the most challenging ones.
    • Newly discovered random weapons and armor that drop in level 60+ zones will now have Armor/Weapon Enchantment slots in them
    • Sharandar
      • Added a new set of armor, Iliyanbruen, iLevel 120 Rare quality. It is sold in the Campaign store and costs 100 Feywild Sparks, 9 Abjuring Charms, 9 Vibrant Seedlings, and 9 Iliyanbruen Blades per piece.
      • Daily Quests now award Thaumaturgic Stones worth 2,500 Refinement points each and Lair Quests award 5,000 Refinement Points each.
      • Removed Seals of the Dark Fey from the Drop Tables in Malabog's Castle. Removed the armor sold for these seals from the store and replaced them with a bag of Thaumaturgic Stones.
    • The Emblem of the Cults can no longer be used from the inventory.
    • The buff icon for level 65 potions now use the appropriate icon.
      Hopefully this makes IWD more populated again.

Well, more worth to try encounters is great change, better late than never.
    • Options
      nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2015

I'm just back from another round of testing and it is inconsistent between classes, not powers.
      [B]Transcendent Terror[/B]
      ATTACKER  ATTACKTYPE      DAMAGETYPE  VICTIM        DAMAGE   CRITICAL  SPECIAL  FLANK  BASEDAMAGE  EFFECTIVENESS  
      GF        Cleave          Physical    Target Dummy  2027,3   False     None     False  2111,8      96,0%   
      DC        Sacred Flame    Physical    Target Dummy  3145,4   True      None     False  2520,4      124,8%                 
      GWF       Sure Strike     Physical    Target Dummy  1392,3   False     None     False  1450,3      96,0%          
      CW        Chilling Cloud  Physical    Target Dummy  8687,1   True      None     True   9049,1      96,0%  
      OP        Oath Strike     Physical    Target Dummy  1936,7   False     None     False  2017,4      96,0%          
      TR        Sly Flourish    Physical    Target Dummy  3649,8   True      None     False  3288,1      111,0%         
      HR        Rapid Shot      Physical    Target Dummy  1592,7   False     None     False  1659,1      96,0%          
      SW        Essence Defiler Physical    Target Dummy  3325,3   True      None     False  3463,8      96,0%          

[B]Transcendent Vorpal[/B]
      ATTACKER  ATTACKTYPE      DAMAGETYPE  VICTIM        DAMAGE   CRITICAL  SPECIAL  FLANK  BASEDAMAGE  EFFECTIVENESS  
      GF        Cleave          Physical    Target Dummy  2901,1   False     None     False  2991,4      97,0%   
      DC        Sacred Flame    Physical    Target Dummy  1708,4   False     None     False  1349,6      126,6%       
      GWF       Sure Strike     Physical    Target Dummy  5876,2   True      None     False  6059,2      97,0%   
      CW        Chilling Cloud  Physical    Target Dummy  6622,2   True      None     True   7674,0      86,3%       
      OP        Oath Strike     Physical    Target Dummy  3917,1   True      None     False  4027,1      97,3%          
      TR        Sly Flourish    Physical    Target Dummy  5382,6   True      None     False  4804,6      112,0%         
      HR        Rapid Shot      Physical    Target Dummy  1650,1   False     None     False  1702,7      96,9%          
      SW        Essence Defiler Physical    Target Dummy  1151,0   False     None     False  1231,6      93,5%          

[B]Transcendent Plague Fire[/B]
      ATTACKER  ATTACKTYPE      DAMAGETYPE  VICTIM        DAMAGE  CRITICAL  SPECIAL  FLANK  BASEDAMAGE  EFFECTIVENESS  
      GF        Cleave          Physical    Target Dummy  2776,4  False     None     False  2627,9      105,7%                
      DC        Sacred Flame    Physical    Target Dummy  1927,8  False     None     False  1424,3      135,4%         
      GWF       Sure Strike     Physical    Target Dummy  5096,8  True      None     False  4821,6      105,7%         
      CW        Chilling Cloud  Physical    Target Dummy  7700,5  False     None     True   8253,0      93,3%          
      OP        Oath Strike     Physical    Target Dummy  1852,5  False     None     False  1747,2      106,0%         
      TR        Sly Flourish    Physical    Target Dummy  4289,0  True      None     False  3512,4      122,1%         
      HR        Rapid Shot      Physical    Target Dummy  1931,3  False     None     False  1826,4      105,7%        
      SW        Essence Defiler Physical    Target Dummy  1390,2  False     None     False  1313,1      105,9%      

tCM0H8J.jpg

I don't know what separates the chars other than being a different class. I tried respeccing, different weapons, at-wills, unslotting all gear and companions, but that didn't change the results at all. It's also worth noting that the two classes (DC, TR) that actually get the benefit of the enchants are getting way too many debuffs.
    • Options
      edited May 2015
      Added 'Dread Ring Artifact Trove' to the weekly quest rewards. This reward pack holds 15,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
      It's already been said I think, but the reward pack content is not received nor it appears anywhere in the inventory.
      Added a new set of armor, Thayan Servitor, iLevel 120 Rare quality. It is sold in the Campaign store and costs 75 Vanguard Scrip, 50 Thayan Scrolls, and 6 Thayan Ciphers per piece.
      The boots are shown twice, and no helmet.
    This discussion has been closed.