test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shadow slip Rework

zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Nine Hells
SW is a damage/dps and control class that deserves to be as strong and capable and competitive as a CW. They should be different but not inferior to CW - they are both damage/control mages. Right now SW is like a watered down weak version of a CW in both survival and damage (without the at wiill bug that is).

Most SW agree that shift mechanic shadow slip is far too weak and needs a rework of this.
What are your ideas for a shadow slip rework?

Shadow slip reduces incoming damage taken by 75% (up from 30%). Use of shadow slip while under control effects reduces their duration by 150% (consumes stamina to work as a built in Elven battle). Regeneration (from stat) is active while shadow slipping even while in-combat.

Would this above version of shadow slip make SW as survivable as a CW? What are your ideas for shadow slip, what do you tihnk?
Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Post edited by zeusom on

Comments

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    50% OWN LAYER of DR this will fix SW shadow slip.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zeusom wrote: »
    SW is a damage/dps and control class that deserves to be as strong and capable and competitive as a CW. They should be different but not inferior to CW - they are both damage/control mages. Right now SW is like a watered down weak version of a CW in both survival and damage (without the at wiill bug that is).

Most SW agree that shift mechanic shadow slip is far too weak and needs a rework of this.

Shadow slip reduces incoming damage taken by 75% (up from 30%). Use of shadow slip while under control effects reduces their duration by 150% (consumes stamina to work as a built in Elven battle). Regeneration (from stat) is active while shadow slipping even while in-combat.

Would this above version of shadow slip make SW as survivable as a CW? What are your ideas for shadow slip, what do you tihnk?
    1. SW is not a control class.

2. SS already gives control immunity.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fizbad wrote: »

First, in practice they are now. And if they are meant as a supersquishy damage-only class (fury) then their damage should be far far above the CW and TR and GWF and GF and HR to compensate for the uttershat survival. If a support class (tempt) their support should be on level of DC?OPAL?GF? Not. Even. Close.

Not enough. Not nearly enough.
    So does any dodge, any dodge. So does block. So does unstoppable.
    All of it gives CC immune. Nothing special or extra at all.
    Actually inferior because only 30% not 100% damage resist.

SW is like a CW with less control, less survival, and less damage.
    Level the playing field while keeping the uniqueness of each class. That's all.
    For example just giving SW a blink dodge like CW would be cheap and tragic wrong solution.
    Tweaking the SW to make their totality and potential level with other class is right approach.

Your above no class. No class above yours. All equal yet different.

edited May 2015
    First, in practice they are now. And if they are meant as a supersquishy damage-only class (fury) then their damage should be far far above the CW and TR and GWF and GF and HR to compensate for the uttershat survival. If a support class (tempt) their support should be on level of DC?OPAL?GF? Not. Even. Close.
    To be a control class, you have to actually be able to, you know, control things.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Immunity to one shots as well..?

A nice retouch to SS would allowing the SW to enter stealth while using it. Stopping players and PVE enemies from simply mowing you down while running away.
  • pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2015
    Slip is fine stop trying to get us nerfed again
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015

No mater how many times or how great ideas would be posted here in warlocks section its stay here and never get dev atention. For me enough where the >Warlock deserve love in pvp< thread. Which where more less killed and all return back as it where before..

Simply Sw will get least attention because there is not so many SW in game, compared to other classes. And also of remained Myth that SW is freaking uber dps monster. And all because of TT daily power......

I like your idea, but I would stay with my own idea. And Hell I will keep promoting it XD

The idea is to rework Shift mechanic and it have 2 ways,

1) Add: Rogues stealth effect. (invisibility, immunity and ect). U can't hurt what u can't see. :)

or
    2) Add: ghost effect; caster using shadow slip become ghost, and get total immunity from incoming hits/CC and etc.
    Stamina consume mechanic remain same as current one, also animation can stay same.
    The idea came from, Matrix Reloaded, where Morpheus fight against Twins . If anyone watched move understand my idea.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
    edited May 2015
    Add: ghost effect; caster using shadow slip become ghost, and get total immunity from incoming hits/CC and etc.
    Stamina consume mechanic remain same as current one, also animation can stay same.

Yes, I like. Becoming an invulnerable ghost while shadow slipping equivalent to dodge.

Simply reworking the warlock into a TR-counter class would give them a specialty.
    That would give them a clear and valued role in pvp.

Add inherent class feature that only warlock can see and target stealthed enemies.
    Rogue are still overpowered in PvP and best solo node holders.

Make SW the rogues worst nightmare, it solves two problems.
    SW is already halfway there and perfect candidate for this.
    ++++++

Scissors beats paper. '
    Warlock power beats Rogue power.

• denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No mater how many times or how great ideas would be posted here in warlocks section its stay here and never get dev atention. For me enough where the >Warlock deserve love in pvp< thread. Which where more less killed and all return back as it where before..

Simply Sw will get least attention because there is not so many SW in game, compared to other classes. And also of remained Myth that SW is freaking uber dps monster. And all because of TT daily power......

I like your idea, but I would stay with my own idea. And Hell I will keep promoting it XD

The idea is to rework Shift mechanic and it have 2 ways,

1) Add: Rogues stealth effect. (invisibility, immunity and ect). U can't hurt what u can't see. :)

or
    2) Add: ghost effect; caster using shadow slip become ghost, and get total immunity from incoming hits/CC and etc.
    The idea came from, Matrix Reloaded, where Morpheus fight against Twins . If anyone watched move understand my idea.

Hey there

I follow you on the 'warlock deserves some love in pvp' thread, I'm the one who made it back in mod 5. I consolidated the feedback from this thread and many others into my new one - The complete warlock thread.

As for the 1st idea of becoming invisible while shifting. No do, because while you cannot be targeted being invisible, people will keep their cooldowns when you are visible AND vulnerable. There'll be no more dodging entangling force or whatever CC, because he wont be able to use it until you're vulnerable again.

The second one is decent though, being able to consume shadow slip to grant yourself temporary DR and CC immunity without needing to move - wonderful.

If you'd allow me both I'll post your quotes in my original thread on the other side, those are some excellent suggestions IMO.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
    edited May 2015
    Sure /10char

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To be a control class, you have to actually be able to, you know, control things.

ERMAHGERD! what if I told you that I have enough CC to take down BiS DC with no oghma's artifact alone? Yeah, the desperation has gone to that extent. So yeah, from now on call me a controll warlock.
  • arministerarminister Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Probably shadow slip will be linked to the GWF's sprint forever. At least we could be given the same passive as GWF, a bit of deflect doesn't hurt, isn't game breaking, and it'll help a lot in PVP
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lets take the striker classes:
    GWF can go unstoppable and dish out heavy damage while being cc immun and having big DR
    CW has shield being able do deal big damage while negating nearly all damage for short time, on top dodge ability
    TR has stealth, 100%crit from stealth, lol again, 4 dodges and ITC in most cases and deflection severity 75%+ high deflect
    SW has shift, that fades away while you deal no damage at all, and in case your stamina bar is empty you are dead meat
    so we have soulsparks that last hours to build up in PVP an fades away in 1 scond out of fight
    since we have already a shield just make Soulsparks fade away slow like determination from GWF, and let them build up quick in short time, or implement something like a Daily for PVP, the pendant for ITC in SB path, that give you the power to get 30 sparks at once, sounds a bit crazy i know, but that would give you selfheal and deflection if used with offhand feature +15% in one second
    we need a shield in combat, that already exist, but does not fit for PVP in case of being ******ed
    shift can stay as it is imo as an ability that takes you fast out of dangerzone and gives you cc immunity+DR
    my defences would be sufficient having 30 sparks up with good selfheal and +15% deflect, you even could gives sparks +0,5-1% DR ending at 15-30% DR in fight, even an Iceknife doesn´t hurt that much in this situation, lets say give 40% DR instead of 30% for shift ability
    doing so I am sure Warlock will be a hard target in PVP
    atm I don´t feel that helpless having all these cc abilities, pugging all time, but all in all facing scilled player who know their class like TR Hunter CW we can be called weak
    edited May 2015
    lets take the striker classes:
    GWF can go unstoppable and dish out heavy damage while being cc immun and having big DR
    CW has shield being able do deal big damage while negating nearly all damage for short time, on top dodge ability
    TR has stealth, 100%crit from stealth, lol again, 4 dodges and ITC in most cases and deflection severity 75%+ high deflect
    SW has shift, that fades away while you deal no damage at all, and in case your stamina bar is empty you are dead meat
    so we have soulsparks that last hours to build up in PVP an fades away in 1 scond out of fight
    since we have already a shield just make Soulsparks fade away slow like determination from GWF, and let them build up quick in short time, or implement something like a Daily for PVP, the pendant for ITC in SB path, that give you the power to get 30 sparks at once, sounds a bit crazy i know, but that would give you selfheal and deflection if used with offhand feature +15% in one second
    we need a shield in combat, that already exist, but does not fit for PVP in case of being ******ed
    shift can stay as it is imo as an ability that takes you fast out of dangerzone and gives you cc immunity+DR
    my defences would be sufficient having 30 sparks up with good selfheal and +15% deflect, you even could gives sparks +0,5-1% DR ending at 15-30% DR in fight, even an Iceknife doesn´t hurt that much in this situation, lets say give 40% DR instead of 30% for shift ability
    doing so I am sure Warlock will be a hard target in PVP
    atm I don´t feel that helpless having all these cc abilities, pugging all time, but all in all facing scilled player who know their class like TR Hunter CW we can be called weak

Some ideas have potential, but you're focusing too much on Soulbinder. The goal is not to make the hellbringer even more obsolete than it is already, that's why ideas should work for both not just the one everyone plays because hellbringer doesn't cut it

edited May 2015
    Right denvald. Some fundamentals need to be reworked so the lowest common denominator of the class (poor survival and mediocre damage compared to other class) is improved. Both significant survivability tweaks and even a modest damage increase. Since TT nerf, Even In PVE the warlock is easily out DPS'ed by other damage classes. The warlock damage was always mediocre without TT.

What is warlock role. They don't easily level with the dps other dps classesin pve or pvp anymore.
    Support buffs are mild to moderate. They get run over like sheep still in PvP without bug which should be soon fixed.

So what is the point of rolling one?

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good RP sink? :)
    edited May 2015
    /snip

Rolling one... Yes I definitely 'Rolled 1' When I chose my class, dem natural ones ;) wasn't using my lucky dice...

• charmagmacharmagma Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Easy fix not involving new stuff for overworked devs would be to:

1. scrap shadow walk feature. Every other mobile dps class gets super fast run speed without needing to blow one of two precious feature spots for just that. GWF doesn't need a feature for super speed. Other classes that DO have a speed feature, that feature also contains gobs of other stuff like crit chance or deflect, etc. Ours does nothing. Make our slip have the speed bonus built in then remake the feature to do something else.

2. stamina drain is absurdly fast. I put some points into the feat that reduces stamina drain and I also have some items that add to stamina regen and our slip takes it down far, far too fast for a class that has such low survivability anyway. Classes with four dodges get a much longer effective window of CC immunity. Make it last longer

3. Take eldrich momentum out of high spot in feat path and put it in the first spot of temp so that every build can benefit from it.
    edited May 2015
    Solid ideas here.
    charmagma wrote: »

1. scrap shadow walk feature. Every other mobile dps class gets super fast run speed without needing to blow one of two precious feature spots for just that. GWF doesn't need a feature for super speed. Other classes that DO have a speed feature, that feature also contains gobs of other stuff like crit chance or deflect, etc. Ours does nothing. Make our slip have the speed bonus built in then remake the feature to do something else.

Yes +1 great. It is like warlock needs 3 class feats because of this. Mobility is so critical to having any success whatever. Make the speed inherent property and perhaps even rework shadow walk as some other effect - CC duration reduction, stealth reveal, etc.
    charmagma wrote: »
    2. stamina drain is absurdly fast.
    3. Take eldrich momentum out of high spot in feat path and put it in the first spot of temp so that every build can benefit from it.

With the lowest AC and no dodge the warlock needs a deep well of stamina to have a chance. Move Eldrich momentum feat to beginning of tree AND buff the party support feats deeper in the tempt path.. or nobody has a reason to choose temptation. These changes would also make Hellbringer paragon viable for pvp.

Still love the idea of SW becoming a TR-counter class. Because this would give them a clear and needed role in pvp.

edited May 2015
    but to come to a point where all trees benefit from one ability like stealth, unstoppable and shield who pushes your defence on tab and allows you to set the enemy under pressure beeing invisible, cc immune or having big DR you need to rework Shadow-Slip completely since its an -->defensive modus, so Slipping + dealing damage in a way a TR, CW or GWF can do? No way.
    so in case its a defense-mechanic I really don´t get the point how you want to get the class more competeable by buffing shadow slip?
    You need something like a shield in combat, only SB path has this atm, shadow slip is nothing more than the worse alternative to dodge if I compare it to my DC, who can dodge so much if i push stamina regeneration a bit, i "out-dodge" any GF, GWF etc if I do it right
    DC has AS in combat and other mechnics to be more tanky in fight

so trying to get a defence mechanic into an offence buff, good luck
    slip = dodge on tab....wasted
    shield / DR buff in fight = ******ed Soul sparks mechanic, only one path can chose, others are screwed
    shield on top of Souls sparks = imbalanced

I think in case you don´t want to reset the whole class you have to do the choice PVE = HB or PVP = SB
    you want to make HB more competeable in PVP?
    so give him an encounter like Shield or a simple all over DR buff in the tree, this would make the class more interesting in PVE also, since its a glasscanon, nothing else
    the soulution is quite easy, nothing to think long about imo
  • azli82azli82 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    shadow slip is great now 30% damage resistant . nice tanking for short slip if u are Temptation tree(SB) . Good for PVE/PVP at the moment. But if u need more benefit from shadow walk . is better adding some feat benefit reduce 50% stamina drain on slip .

Damage resistant on PVE is great at 30% . and my build already have 20% damage resistant , plus compaion help . So i play short distance slip to gain 30% resistant temporary to reduce enemy damage on me .
    HELLBOI (HELLBRINGER) LVL 70 (SW)
    THE BEST TEAM IS ALWAYS LEAD THE BEST YOUR BUILD .
    THE BEST WEAPON THAT WE HAVE IS TEAM MATES , NOT YOU .
    edited May 2015
    my build already have 20% damage resistant

you mean a fix 20% DR from stats? or a passing by bonus resistance by using blades?
    since i am human +3% i can´t get more than 12,xy% DR over all, havnin 3,3k defence, where do you get the rest 7% from?
    or do you have 7k defence? :)
    i guess you mean T negation right?
    edited May 2015
    yes :)

if my life below 50% , i have extra 12.5% damage resistant . If i cast DT i have extra damage resistant buff . Support by Honey Badger + Chicken . BoVa + aura . totally best rate shadow slip at 30% damage resistant .

my build mostly for PVE survival
    100k+ HP
    10% regeneration HP
    23% + extra life steal
    15% desperate heal from feat
    20% Damage resistant
    25% reduce enemy attk/power .

so the rate shadow slip at 30 % damage resistant , is awesome for me as a SW tanker . I kill slow , but i can survive .
    edited May 2015
    azli82 wrote: »
    yes :)

if my life below 50% , i have extra 12.5% damage resistant . If i cast DT i have extra damage resistant buff . Support by Honey Badger + Chicken . BoVa + aura . totally best rate shadow slip at 30% damage resistant .

my build mostly for PVE survival
    100k+ HP
    10% regeneration HP
    23% + extra life steal
    15% desperate heal from feat
    20% Damage resistant
    25% reduce enemy attk/power .

so the rate shadow slip at 30 % damage resistant , is awesome for me as a SW tanker . I kill slow , but i can survive .
    Problem is you can't SS when you DT :P
    edited May 2015
    ya , once active DT u need to manage your step . DT already give u damage resistant@reduce incoming damage :) . Dark Prayer will save u if your hp below 50% .
    edited May 2015
    azli82 wrote: »
    ya , once active DT u need to manage your step . DT already give u damage resistant@reduce incoming damage :) . Dark Prayer will save u if your hp below 50% .
    I thought the problem in new content was burst damage. That makes it quite unlikely to reap full benefits from Dark Prayer.

I was considering a DR Temptation build for a while, but really wanted to go SB rather than HB. Also, I hate DT, so I'm guessing that may make it somewhat challenging ;)
    edited May 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    Hey there

I follow you on the 'warlock deserves some love in pvp' thread, I'm the one who made it back in mod 5. I consolidated the feedback from this thread and many others into my new one - The complete warlock thread.
    Ohh I remember that post. It was one of my favorite thread in forum in that time.. But all idea got killed fast, all due low SW population in game and in forum.

As for the 1st idea of becoming invisible while shifting. No do, because while you cannot be targeted being invisible, people will keep their cooldowns when you are visible AND vulnerable.
    Well all rules will be same as u counter Rogues when they invisible. All idea is just make battle between who can use shadows more efficient. Since Stamina consume mechanic would stay same, and we know that SW don't have large pool of it., I think all battle would be more less, in critical time use shadow slip. Not keeping it active all time, not like TR.
    There'll be no more dodging entangling force or whatever CC, because he wont be able to use it until you're vulnerable again.
    Like I quoted line before, all stuff would be like TR invisibility, so it would be nothing new in game. And also there is enough Cw's Encounters which can easy CC SW. If u know how hunt TR, then u will easy hunt SW too even with this invisibility.
    The second one is decent though, being able to consume shadow slip to grant yourself temporary DR and CC immunity without needing to move - wonderful.
    yea, but I forgot to add line, that with this modification shadow slips speed increase only up to 20% max.
    Yet, due balancing it could be decreased even to up 10%. Because SW wouldn't need rush get out of damage AOE attack range, just use Shadow/ghost slip in right moment.. (lag would be deadly thing to this feature :/ )
    If you'd allow me both I'll post your quotes in my original thread on the other side, those are some excellent suggestions IMO.

My friend, if u like any idea, use it, it's not like u have to pay for it..

AS for my self,, I am not so active in forum and in game anymore.. Game lack a lot of stuffs, yet it could be done without creating new things. Just making small changes. For example, we have tiamat temple where zerg's fight. Now take same temple and fight mechanic and make it for Guilds boss raiding. A thing which need in this game.. A stuff to do as guild, not as 1 party.. because all game is too much focused on 1 party, thats why I't get boring..
    Also guild war stuffs...

Somewhere I still have scenarios where I wrote ideas.
    Also I think I will get some free days, sit down and wrote all remodeled SW version. including feats, slightly remodeled encounters and feats that Sw could fit current mod 6 as normal character.
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

edited May 2015
    Yes, I like. Becoming an invulnerable ghost while shadow slipping equivalent to dodge.
    personally I would like to see ideas to be tested in action, maybe its even worst thing than current one :P
    Simply reworking the warlock into a TR-counter class would give them a specialty.
    That would give them a clear and valued role in pvp.
    I would like to stick with dev idea that SW is curse/magic caster, Not try make another rogue which do same stuffs.

Add inherent class feature that only warlock can see and target stealthed enemies.
    Rogue are still overpowered in PvP and best solo node holders.
    Ghem,, so all idea is add feature that SW could see TR in stealth.. Sorry, but thats sounds amusing. Do u think only TR is killing SW's?
    Hell in mod 5 I danced with 2 rogues in same time and they both lay dead. Actually I could dance with 3 in same time and I think they all would hit ground too.

Yet, Cw's<<< HR<<<<< where more problem.
    And the problem is that SW have no dodge mechanic.. 30% chance is nothing. Thats why need remodeling dodge mechanic itself not add feature special to counter tr..
    Make SW the rogues worst nightmare, it solves two problems.
    SW is already halfway there and perfect candidate for this.
    ++++++
    It's impossible to make SW be as Rogues.. Rogue is though not just for stealth, but for dps. 1 hit u dead.
    Also Sw don't have rogues stamina mechanic. So sw couldn't stay in hide mode long time as rogue can.
    But as I always write in the end of my suggestions list. First we need to see this idea in action, then judge and make adjustments. I have no intension to make like SW OP class.
    Scissors beats paper. '
    Warlock power beats Rogue power.
    I prefer my own Line.>>> Kneel Before HADES< This line where my favorite in mod 5 domination pvp, and I shout it when I wipe floor with rogues face :P
    Gustave Le Bon.

edited May 2015
    Actually in hindsight, I agree with all your points. Make Warlock a robust class in its own right with two firm feet to stand on, no better or worse than a TR CW HR GWF etc.

• critorisauruscritorisaurus Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like Shadow Slip how it is. I just think it uses more stamina then it should. An easy fix for this would be to change the feat "Shadow Fold" from "Shadow Slip consumes 2/4/6/8/10% less stamina" to "Shadow Slip consumes 10/20/30% less stamina" To make up for the 2 less points to spend in the feat I would add 2 points to the feat directly below it in the tier, Empowered Rituals. Change it from "Your encounter powers deal 2/4/6% more damage" to "Your encounter powers deal 2/4/6/8/10% more damage"