Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150416c.8

12346»

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thedemien wrote: »
    well ayroux your GWF is first OP by gear.So OP that it is too much even when you compare with other top geared players Just saying that macjae might be right in some point. That might be too much

Yup, exactly. I outgear everyone in my video my a large margin. So my GWF is OP compared to players with literally half the total item level... But put me against equal geared players and he will lose 1v1 versus nearly anyone with the exception of a SW and some HRs.

With the lifedrinker nerf thats going to hurt the GWF quite a bit.

macjae wrote: »
    Oh wait, are you saying you're contradicting yourself? *gasp*

My videos are merely entertainment and thats all really. I have recorded footage of me getting stomped by GFs and TRs. I have a recording of me getting killed by a TR using just COS spam during lurkers where I cant even see him and I just melt because his COS is 100% crit, procs LOL set, and shadowy opp makes hits bypass DR.

So again, a 4,600 item level player will definitely faceroll alot of bad players. However look at a real PM match or if you have the opportunity to get a character as geared as me, then face others 1v1 youll see the class really needs a few adjustments.

Is the class better off than mod 4/5? Yup. Mainly because there is a larger gear gap you can create and we have negation - which if that ONE thing was stripped it would completely ruin the class (which just seems silly that the entire class is ONLY viable with a negation enchant.... NO other class faces that dilemma). Also TRs can no longer just run up and 1 shot you with SE, which happened ALL the time last module.

So they are better but still NOWHERE near the effectiveness of a good GF/CW/DC/TR.
  • Options
    herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Heh, that legitimately made me laugh so hard I cried a bit.

I will look into the Dragon Hoard Enchantments to see if they were scaled back too far.

Real quick, here are some specfic fixes coming for next week pending testing:

Oathbound Paladin: Vengeful Judge: Now works as expected for all Paladin Paragon Paths.
    Oathbound Paladin: Vow of Emnity: No longer has negative interactions with Weapon Enchantments.
    Oathbound Paladin: Sanctuary: The root from Icy Rays (and other similar powers) no longer incorrectly piereces Sanctuary's CC Immunity.
    Scourge Warlock: All Consuming Curse: This class feature will no longer incorrectly activate while the power is not slotted.
    Devoted Cleric: Geas: Players in PVP can only be affected by Geas once every 30 seconds.
    Devoted Cleric: Urgent Prayers: The heal from this feat can no longer be deflected.
    Devoted Cleric: Break the Spirit: Empowered bonus on this power now works as expected.
    Control Wizard: Entangling Force: Rank 4 now correctly reduces the Cooldown of Entangling Force and works correctly in the Spell Mastery slot.
    Hunter Ranger: Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Rank 4 now increases Deflect as expected.
    Lifedrinker Weapon: No longer incorrectly stacks multiple times.

Yeaaaah.
    So uh...
    While you're at it let's go ahead and have Divine Glow proc weapon enchantments.... mmm?

...that would be great.

Thaaaanks.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Our initial testing has indicated that these are working OK by themselves, there is probably some weird interaction with a power that is causing these.

Just RE-Tested my Pure Vorpal. there are NO "debuffs" that apply to a target to increase my damage or decrease their DR by 2% post crit....

Really kills ANY incentive to level one up and pay for it.... Id imagine this is also the same with all the other enchants I tested.

Feytouched (interaction with some DC abilities net your damage down to 0 if you are on a team with them - making it worthlesS).

Vorpal - already said not WAI on Pure or Trans...

Negation - inc healing and recovery is not WAI.

I could go on but those are probably the biggest ones atm.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Vorpal is definitely not working right.
    And even if it did its however underperforming.
    It should be 5 percent and pure at 10 by stacking at trascendent.
    Or just give a flat out increase in critical chance: two and five percent would be enough.
    Said this letsnlook at barkshield perfomances for thenlove of everything thats holy
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lifedrinker Weapon: No longer incorrectly stacks multiple times.

Sorry I was not aware there was a bug and was looking into buying this enchant. Based on the description currently on live, it says you get 4%(pure) and 5%(transcendent) life steal whenever you use a power for 5 seconds. It sounds like you suppose to get the lifesteal whenever you use a power. Are you saying this is not suppose to stack and you would only get at max 4%(or 5)life steal (assuming you cast a power every 5 sec to keep the buff)?
  • Options
    shoogaboogalooshoogaboogaloo Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I will look into the Dragon Hoard Enchantments to see if they were scaled back too far.

So I just wanted to note that I read somewhere that you said that the changes to dragon hoard should only affect bots, not normal players. I notice that my dragon's hoard stops after only an hour or two of play... during the double RP weekend this has been a real dissapointing investment for me because I can't even get anything out of them... I was capped out and no longer getting drops after 2 Epic Lostmauth dungeons... I'd have to say right around 30 drops was the cap point... other's can check the math on this... but 30 drops in an 6 hour weekend game day is pathetic... and it hardly makes them worth having. It drastically cut their value, and did so in a ninja way because it wasn't even noted in the patch notes...

As a long time player, I'd like to note a few things about fey blessings and dragon's hoard.

1: They are bound... if you are going to make them bound to account, why have such a strict limit on it....
    2: If they are going to have a limit at all to prevent botting, what reason is it to make the enchantments and items un-sellable so I can profit from my non botted hard work.
    3: Why not look into ways to find bots who spend 12 hours a day in a foundry without logging off or moving... it shouldn't be too hard to code in flags for that... instead of punishing economically every person who farmed and created dragon's hoards the right way, and uses them properly...
    4: Why not have it work on an over-use timer... if you gain dragon hoard's often they slow down to a halt... but if you sit in town for a while working the auction... or go to pvp or something where they won't proc a lot it would save its charges back up... not a hard prospect.. I could even write the timer for them if they are too busy ^^ I know they have a lot on their plates but I just think some of the changes to stuff like this are under-thought...
  • Options
    x90210x90210 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    onegaki101 wrote: »
    Sorry I was not aware there was a bug and was looking into buying this enchant. Based on the description currently on live, it says you get 4%(pure) and 5%(transcendent) life steal whenever you use a power for 5 seconds. It sounds like you suppose to get the lifesteal whenever you use a power. Are you saying this is not suppose to stack and you would only get at max 4%(or 5)life steal (assuming you cast a power every 5 sec to keep the buff)?
    Did they really just nerf the one thing that stood a chance of making the life steal dependent classes viable again?

I... I don't think you guys can burry Temptation Warlocks any deeper into the trash, without reaching the center of the planet.
  • Options
    skyvrayskyvray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dersidius wrote: »
    Please fix other enchantments! i.e

Transcendent Vorp Debuffs user

Transcendent Negation does not stack Inc heal or recharge speed

Transcendent Feytouched double stacks resulting in 0 damage coming from target or Caster

LoL are you kidding me?

Transcendent Feytouched should get a nerf… “This effect is a 3 target AoE, lasts for 20 seconds, may only happen once every 20 seconds.”

Perma buff? It’s a joke?!…
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    erpuma91erpuma91 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Panderus, thk for fixing 'lone wolf',maybe all the posts about that bug are worth something.
    But we have yet the worst bug that make hr useless in pvp or pve. Armor penetration dont work,so ours dmg it s embarrassing.
    Let us know about it. thk.
  • Options
    pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Devoted Cleric: Break the Spirit: Empowered bonus on this power now works as expected.

OMG FINALLY TO BE FIXED
    \ o /

Been waiting for this forever... ty ! T ^ T
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is a mechanic on these items to limit how often and how much they can drop each day. A normal game session for a day should not be impacted.

We have seen players use them heavily to just farm all day with bots and this was one of the valves we closed to that behavior.

It most certainly does impact normal game sessions -- severely. I've been doing vigilance quests all morning and my DH drops stopped hours ago. To say that I am unhappy is an understatement.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    x90210x90210 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So... Let me get this straight... You've taken one of the #1 complaints about mod 6, the endless grind of the Elemental Evil open areas, that give a time-to-XP reward so pitiful that, at level 61, you'd have to go all the way back re-run Ebon Downs to level that slowly, and nerfed the rewards even further?

What happened to the open letter from Scott Shicoff? What happened to the turn around in design philosophy we were all promised!? All I see in these changelog threads is a few bug fixes, and more and MORE nerfing, endlessly!
    Here are some of the areas we’ll be looking at:

Overall difficulty
    XP rewards in the new zones and campaign zones
    Invocation
    Hourly quests
    Zone re-use
    Removed dungeons
    Campaign zone levels
    Items missing slots/stats
    And more...

Have we seen any of these addressed? Haven't nearly every change we have seen only made these worse?

Okay, I'm sorry... I actually have some clue what it's like to develop for a hostile community. It sucks. Still, those are the things that really need to be addressed first, before you start making players weaker (such as lifedrinker), and rewards even more difficult to get, increasing grind.

Good show on the bug fixes, we all appreciate that, thank you. But the biggest issue, the first and foremost, is playability. No amount of bug fixing is going to address any of those issues - and "adjusting" powerful items and rewards downwards, as we've seen in the past few patches, just aggravates the core issues.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    x90210 wrote: »
    Did they really just nerf the one thing that stood a chance of making the life steal dependent classes viable again?

I... I don't think you guys can burry Temptation Warlocks any deeper into the trash, without reaching the center of the planet.

Don't see whats wrong with it stacking in the first place. sure its strong, But its the outcome of a LOT of AD and time, the coal wards alone to make one from scratch are like $170.

Feytouched will be just as crazy strong once WAI, and Vorpal once WAI (if the Wai is for each hit to add a stack of the DR% and dmg %) will be beastly and probably WILL definitely need a nerf or rework such as adding max stacks to the debuff etc. (Imagine trans vorpal on a rogue, they can just sit in Lurkers stealth and spam at you reducing your DR and Damage bonus to 0% if you even live that long, Then pop DC mythic artifact. kite around for a bit, and repeat)
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    please panderus fix hr bugs like arm pen not working with roots. or at least tell us if its WAI
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    I appreciate the honesty and the fact that you're sharing Panderus, I realize you get a lot of smack for things you admitted are in fact intended (like the hoards and such.) Just two things -

a. Feytouched and Pure/Trans vorpals ARE bugged. Please check again, a lot of people within the community did the job for you, we'd be happy to provide ACT logs and whatever to help you see that they are. Feytouched has a super weird interaction with CW's, bosses die in a minute or two and the damage is ridiculous. Trans/Pure vorp 2% debuff THE USER and not the mob. I would also like to know if the poor 2% are meant to stack or now.

b. I've been trying to get a straight answer out of the dev team about this for a month now - is inspection, the way it is right now (not being able to see Ilvl of another person and not being able to inspect if not on the same map and super close to each other) intended? And if so, why?

Regards.

1. Yep, we know there is a bug there, but we are unsure what is causing it exactly. Any details about how it happens would be useful. But the combat logs weve seen so far haven't pointed us anywhere clear yet.

2. Nope, it is a bug. It is on the list to get resolved but not at the top of the list at the moment.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    x90210 wrote: »
    What happened to the open letter from Scott Shicoff?

Yeah, It's coming up on three weeks now. Will we hear anything from his fact-finding mission this week?

Or has XBOX taken all his time? =X
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, It's coming up on three weeks now. Will we hear anything from his fact-finding mission this week?

Or has XBOX taken all his time? =X

These are things that are definitely coming, I have a meeting every day to discuss their status. Some of them will be in the release for the 21st. Others will take more time to properly implement a solution we are happy with.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    These are things that are definitely coming, I have a meeting every day to discuss their status. Some of them will be in the release for the 21st. Others will take more time to properly implement a solution we are happy with.

Cool. I'll put extra cheeseburgers on the grill for everyone.

You play that spelljammer foundry yet? ;D ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1. Yep, we know there is a bug there, but we are unsure what is causing it exactly. Any details about how it happens would be useful. But the combat logs weve seen so far haven't pointed us anywhere clear yet.

2. Nope, it is a bug. It is on the list to get resolved but not at the top of the list at the moment.

This is probably just stating the obvious, but I'd look for interim arrays or data structures that haven't been properly sized for 12 values -- maybe they missed one. Maybe something obscure like a stack array, or a pre-calculated table used for performance? The fact that the results are so screwy hints to me that maybe a lookup is overrunning the bounds somewhere.

P. S. Have you met Narf? (see my sig).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    dizonyxdizonyx Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Transcendent Elven Battle not decrease disables and stuns duration. Please look at this bug.
    Pure/Transcendent Feytouched need fix aoe debuff or remove them, because aoe debuff is broken and applying on foe and me.
    Sorry for my bad english...
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015

1. Seems like there are infinite stacks. If the CW does not die once during the entire run (thus the Feytouched will get reset), they can hit up to 8 - 10m crits with Ice Knife. I've seen that happen a lot. It has something to do with stacks not bring renewed, once they die it takes time until the enchant starts bugging again.

2. I'm SO glad to hear that omg. It's like the most important thing to me (even after my Weapon Master being super bugged). I'm hoping for a quick fix.

Thanks for the answer Panderus, cheers!
  • Options
    erpuma91erpuma91 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi Panderus,
    could we know if you are aware about the bug of HR armor penetration not work on root??And if it s something that will be fixed soon??
    thk
  • Options
    paukan007paukan007 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    panderus wrote:
    Here is some clarification about Pure/Trans Vorpal bug. According to my tests, Pure Vorpal increases my power's dmg by roughly 1.5-2% (measured 200 Sure Strike hits of my GWF in PvP mode), BUT decreases a Red Dragon Glyph ticks (and, maybe, some other DoTs) dmg from 600 to roughly 580. So, in some cases a buff becomes a debuff.

And here is some Paladin's "Balance-breaker" bug (maybe some buggy feats resulting in HUGE regen).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeLUNKpBJkI

The three of us (GWF with Legendary Lostmauth's set and almost 20k power, good-equipped CW and TR) could not beat one Paladin, or even his 1/2 hp, despite a lot of 25-30k hits all the time.

Also GWF's Weapon Master still (since M6 launch) DOES NOT work at rank 4!
    From "Drider" with love.
    Bear. Vodka. Balalaika. :D
  • Options
    raptoahraptoah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is a mechanic on these items to limit how often and how much they can drop each day. A normal game session for a day should not be impacted.

We have seen players use them heavily to just farm all day with bots and this was one of the valves we closed to that behavior.

Is the limit set for every character or for a whole account?
This discussion has been closed.