test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Got me a Paladin *Sword*

Comments

• alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sweet, like a samurai's katana - will definitely give that a try!

I wouldn't call it a katana, it has a full hand guard. I'd say more like the scimitar but without the blade widening. Just the curve and being slender.

Edit: Couldn't think of the word at the time, but it's more like a sabre.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Samurai wore their swords on their hips.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    UPDATE: I just rolled another Paladin (for the Protection path this time) and pulled another Hero of the North pack from reclaims agent: the Greycloak Legacy weapon is still a sword. Gonna save this one for transmuting later just in case they do change this thing around eventually.
  • berlainberlain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Gloomwrought Holy Mace. Has a White Icon.
    screenshot_2015-04-28-16-17-27_zpsdto72grk.jpg

ETA: Gloomwrought Holy Shield. This also has a white icon.
    screenshot_2015-04-28-16-29-31_zps6dto5bzt.jpg
  • caladon2caladon2 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    berlain wrote: »
    Gloomwrought Holy Mace. Has a White Icon.
    screenshot_2015-04-28-16-17-27_zpsdto72grk.jpg

The idea of a mace is fine, just have not seen a cool looking one yet, and this shield is nice looking ,except for its feet :)
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Has anyone purchased the level 60 artifact offhand (shield) from Well of Dragons yet? It's 15 Fangs and some AD. From the looks of it, it's exactly the same as the Golden Dragon Shield for Guardian Fighters, but I haven't seen anyone with 'm yet.

Also, I decided to make a batch of Artifact Mainhand from the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign. I'm curious to see if there's level 60 OP Artifact weapons too, and what they look like. I'm kinda hoping it's the same skin as the Guardian Fighter Golden Dragon sword, as that is one of the better looking artifact weapons out there, imo.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It won't let me transmute it onto my Elemental Fire Offhand Slot... *sad panda face*
    va8Ru.gif
  • berlainberlain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sorry. :-/

I never tried to transmute it. I did try to dye it and it wouldn't let me.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You should look at the Collections under the Events tab. There are 2 kinds of Barbarian and 2 kinds of Tiefling weapons for Paladins. The more, the better, I say :D
    Also some of the Event transmutes look awesome ... if you go by the icons. I hope I'm not gonna be disappointed.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jaegernl wrote: »
    Has anyone purchased the level 60 artifact offhand (shield) from Well of Dragons yet? It's 15 Fangs and some AD. From the looks of it, it's exactly the same as the Golden Dragon Shield for Guardian Fighters, but I haven't seen anyone with 'm yet.

Also, I decided to make a batch of Artifact Mainhand from the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign. I'm curious to see if there's level 60 OP Artifact weapons too, and what they look like. I'm kinda hoping it's the same skin as the Guardian Fighter Golden Dragon sword, as that is one of the better looking artifact weapons out there, imo.

Alright, finished the Golden Dragon mainhand today. It looks exactly the same as the Guardian Fighter Golden Dragon sword, but it's level 70 and has the 'new' mainhand mechanics where you pick the bonus, instead of having to craft multiple to get the bonus you want. It's damage and stats are lower, though.

Also, pretty decent transmute for a shield is the Shield of the Fey from Celadaine's Tower. It's a round shield, but it looks like it's composed of different blades.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    edited April 2015
    Note also that a lot of white/green items look pretty good. You don't have to equip it; you can just right-click and choose "Change Appearance" right in inventory to get a preview of it (the same with Inspect Companion to see it before equipping it). I got the simple elemental transmutes from the freebie gift box they sent out for main and off hand (Water elemental) and the sword actually looks quite wicked, but that matching shield... ~groans~.

I'll try top remember to copy that too over to preview and equip it for a cnreenie or two. It's account bound and I'm not sure which Paladin I might use it for. (Since it's a once-only thing I'll only transmute some kind of end-game gear).
    edited April 2015
    I'll try top remember to copy that too over to preview and equip it for a cnreenie or two. It's account bound and I'm not sure which Paladin I might use it for. (Since it's a once-only thing I'll only transmute some kind of end-game gear).
    Are these are what you're talking about?
    Attachment not found.
    If so I wouldn't be to worried about how rare they are. Depending on the class, these Elemental Evil transmutes go for relatively little AD on the AH.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kard_zpsovidkgu1.jpg

Sharandar store sword
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
    edited April 2015
    khimera906 wrote: »
    Attachment not found.
    If so I wouldn't be to worried about how rare they are. Depending on the class, these Elemental Evil transmutes go for relatively little AD on the AH.

Yes - I have the Water Elemental - which appears in the lower right of your example image and daring I forgot to gram a screen last night. LOL I'll do it tomorrow during the day (daytime for me, anyway).
    edited April 2015
    I want Bombaata's Spiked Mace from Conan the Destroyer. :D
    hqdefault.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Dark Forest Blessed Shield. White Icon.
    screenshot_2015-04-30-18-18-43_zpsnnf2ovi7.jpg

Dark Forest Blessed Blade.
    screenshot_2015-04-30-18-18-53_zpsnqkwaaok.jpg

ETA: Both are working correctly, it doesn't read the shield as a weapon like the Gloomwrought Shield. You can transmute both and dye the shield.
    edited May 2015
    Sinister Gleaming Shield.
    screenshot_2015-05-02-21-54-59_zpsrbfqnnsh.jpg
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Where does tis shield come from? o_O
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sword of Elemental Water
    Snl0VDBK.jpeg
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Super lucky drop from the Witch fen. Usually you get the red cap shield but if the rng gods smile you can get this one (...)

Thanks for the info!
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • viyroeviyroe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fernuu wrote: »
    Sword of Elemental Water
    Snl0VDBK.jpeg

Only way to get this is the troves right?
    edited May 2015
    viyroe wrote: »
    Considering the numbers on the AH, I think you can get them in the new Lockbox. I must admit I'm totally ignorant to this. I'm just guessing.
    edited May 2015

I know the transmutes come in the troves - I got a Water Elemental sword and shield (GF/OP) - I don't like the shield look, but the sword is nice. They all look the same (Water, Fire, Air, Earth) in terms of the 3D Mesh shape and all, but the blue translucency of the water is what makes it more interesting. And *again* I must try to remember to copy over to Preview so I can grab screenshots LOL
  • dragonogredragonogre Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rng gods smile you can get this one
    [/IMG]

The RNG Gods despise me in every game I play.
    Elemental Evil is the best module ever it fixed all the bugs!
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015

afair you can also get them from Dread Legion skirmish (at least I got my weapon's transmute for SW).
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • combatduelercombatdueler Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    khimera906 wrote: »
    Attachment not found.

is there a bigger picture or a link to the actual page?
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I see this is noted as coming from Witch Fen chest. I thought the only shield from the chest was "Sinister Shield" which is round. I'm confused, so the chest can drop this "Sinister Gleaming Shield" in the picture as well?
    edited May 2015
    The Round one is Redcap Shield, same chest but drops more often that the gleaming one
    Must be a mislabel issue because the round one I got last night was titled "Sinister Shield" and looks like http://s23.postimg.org/qipjhii8b/screenshot_2013_08_26_05_09_45.jpg that. I'll have to just keep running each day and try for the shield because that graphic is slick. Lord knows all the new elemental artifact MH/OH graphics are god friggen aweful.
    edited May 2015
    The Round one is Redcap Shield, same chest but drops more often that the gleaming one

Though now that I'm thinking about this....Open, does the shield itself say pally only? I am a GF, wonder if that explains why Ive never seen it. Or maybe I'm just incredibly unlucky haha
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Black Ice Longsword
    BISword.jpg
    Guess the Drunken Kabold was right, it does exist. That means there really is a hidden chest with diamonds on top of Icespire Peak!!! :p