test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crixus PVP GF Build Mod 6

crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2015 in The Guard Barracks
I have been testing a lot in this mod and after quite a few respecs I have found a solid build that works well and I hope it works well for all of you too :)

This Build is focused on PVP and solo play. I still sometimes do pve, mainly Elol when a friend needs help and I deal good dmg while able to keep guard up a lot when needed to survive. And thanks to steel defence I have a few times soloed the dragon at half way, even if it takes a long time lol.

This build in pvp does good dmg with pretty good survivability and deflect chance. The ap gain from feats mixed with into the frey allow to have amazing suirvivabilty when outnumbered.

My char -

EQ39xVs.png

Link if pic doesn't work: http://prntscr.com/73gr02

My gear is not the best since pvp doesn't pay well lol but you can see the stats I'm aiming for. Power crit and arm pen all decently high and getting lifesteal up instead of regen. Lifesteal this mod works very well I think. I do keep some regen only from waters though but it helps after fights to give you a little hp back. The only issue with lifesteal is that getting a good chance is hard and requires good gear. I currently only have a 9.1% chance but even with that I notice it quite a bit and it can be lifesaving. Even seen 40k + heals in pvp.

I'll get the rings that give 394 armor pen and power from jewelcrafting and the lostmouth necklace when I can.

In offence slots I have a mix of armor pen and power. In defence slots I have lifesteal but azure enchants for defence would be a more solid choice.

My armor enchant is soulforge since it's a sold choice and cheap but if you can afford a high negation then that would be better.

My wep enchant is a vorp. A solid dps choice with good crit chance.

Other good choices are -

Terror
lifedrinker
bronzewood
feytouched

I would say BIS wep enchant slot is T. terror atm in my oppinon. Lowers defence and power, making your enemy much weaker and a chance to root them = easy kill. EDIT: Some enchants currently aren't working properly so I might update when soem fixes come in.

And BIS armor enchant In my opinion is negation. Gives a lot of extra dr and makes you hard to kill. If you don't have a lot of ad though like me then lesser soul is the best choice since it's very cheap and is almost as effective as a higher one.

Feats -

6XWVEEa.png

Link if pic doesn't work: http://prntscr.com/73glox

Stunning flourish and tactical superiority are optional. I don't use flourish much. Only in pve for dps and sometimes in 1v1 situations but it's a good high dps pin that works well against a single target. Combat superiority is a good dps choice for class feat but again I mainly use it in pve for dps and sometimes in 1v1.

Power set ups -

Dailys - Fighters recovery and crescendo(I use them for all pvp situations)

Fighters recovery - This power is quite underused in pvp. It can turn a fight around and sometimes fill your hp back fully. Make sure to use it when you have most of your powers ready or when the enemies have blown most of theres. Mix this with steel defence and it can be so hard to take you down. Also in GG a nice trick is to use it on the npc golems. If your low hp on a node with them around you can heal almost instantly somtimes :)

Crescendo - This power is amazing to use right after you bull charge someone or to start your rotation, but be careful and find the right moment as you don't want to waste it. This is also great for pinning ranged classes.

Tip. If the enemy blocks/guards your crescendo then lift guard just before it ends so they don't prone and attack you.

Encounters - Bull charge and anvil of doom again for all situations but 3rd power changes.

Tip - you can lift guard just after bull cahrge hits to cancel animation and get to your proned enemy quicker.

Into the frey - A great team buff and at 4th rank basically turns your defence into dmg and you can hit very hard with it. This power also gains soem fo your stamina back and gives you a movement buff plus extra ap gain. This is amazing for node holding or when your outnumbered. Allowing you to hold guard up longer while gaining more ap means you can hold off many enemies and the extra dmg means you can break guard to quickly kill them off 1 by 1. I usually mix this with shield talent and steel defence to be godly on nodes.

Lunging strike - I use this when fighting mainly ranged classes and also rogues. A quick recharging long ranged dps power that most players don't know how to defend against. I usually play some tricks like facing the other way with camera facing the enemies then lunging and following up with rotation. This is great when your being chased by multiple enemies too, they don't suspect you to lunge while facing the other way and you can usually turn the fight around.

Flourish - Like I said, a good single target dps. I use this when fighting well geared players in 1v1 situations but doesn't really get slotted a lot in gg. I usually just bull charge then use flourish and follow with anvil. A simple but deadly combo.

tip - Use it on a rogue when they in sight close to you and the stun and dmg will contine when they dodge awy or run. Very good for fighting them. Also You can cancel animation if you are gonna miss, just lift guard. This power alays hits even if the enemy runs away, as long as you used it in range.

Class feats -

Shield talent - I never unslot this. It's perfect for all situations.

Steel defence - Works better in gg since you can get outnumbered much easier there and this will make you very hard to take down when mixed with fighters recovery. The ap gain from action surge feat, into the frey and the artifact neck(if you have one) can make you gain your ap back so quickly that it should be hard for even 6+ players to kill you and you could hold the node for a very long time or even win the fight if you play it right.

Combat superiority
- A common dps choice when needed but mainly for 1v1s and pve solo play. I wouldn't slot this if it's a hard game as you will need the survivability from steel defence and shield talent. I do usually use this in most don games though. I slot this with shield talent but if I get outnumbered a lot I change it for steel defence.

At wills -

I use crushing surge slotted as my main for everything, It's dps is amazing.

My second is tide of iron. When your lo on stamina you can gain all of it back in 2-3 hits with this. A great survival at will.

Boons -

Sharaandar -

1. Dark fey hunter
2. Fey precision
3. Feywils fortitude
4. Elven tranquility
5. Elven resolve

Dread ring -

1. Reliquary keepers stength
2. Envoker's thirst
3. Forbidden piercing
4. Enraged regrowth
5. Augmented thayan bastion - Choose endless consumpion once you get near 10% lifesteal chance.

Icewind dale -

1. Weathering the storm
2. Refreshing chill
3. Rapid Thaw
4. Cool resolve
5. Winter's bounty

Tryanny of dragons
-

1. Dragon's claws
2. Dragon's gaze
3. Draconic armorbreaker
4. Dragon's greed
5. Dragons Thirst - Gives a 3% increased chance to lifesteal up to 5%

PVP campaign -

1. Legions valor
2. Vanguards resolve
3. Wicked assault

Btw desperate survival could be a good class feat but it currently doesn't give it's full deflect so still waiting for that to get fixed.

Thank for reading everyone and I hope you like it. I will keep upating it so check now and then for more info.

And if anyone can't see the pics please pm me if you need the feat info or if you have any questions.

Have fun ^^
Crixus - PVP GF
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by crixus8000 on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Reserved...
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sadecehakksadecehakk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for new build.I will try it asap.
  • Options
    stuaretstuaret Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello crixus ,
    thanks for your guides, are always very clear , but I can not see the pictures! :(
    However, in the mod6, is better maximize STR and CON (maybe 25 and 25 + bonfire) because of decreased utility of CON and armor ignored from DEX? Or the best option is still maximize CON and DEX like mod5?
    Excuse my bad english, is not my mother tongue.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    stuaret wrote: »
    Hello crixus ,
    thanks for your guides, are always very clear , but I can not see the pictures! :(
    However, in the mod6, is better maximize STR and CON (maybe 25 and 25 + bonfire) because of decreased utility of CON and armor ignored from DEX? Or the best option is still maximize CON and DEX like mod5?
    Excuse my bad english, is not my mother tongue.

Thank you :)

It's a shame you can't see the pictures though :/ Not sure wht the issue is there but I will try to sort it out or maybe have to use a link.

As for stats I always like to maximize con highest from base points. Str and dex are both good choices really and just come down to personal preference and won't make a massive difference in gameplay.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Very nice.
    Thanks, I'm always up for some comparison.
    In monday I'll try to upload my build, it's very similar to your with some exceptions.

Regards

Lol tank Let
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I have added links for those that can't see the pics.....I hope the links work lol.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vitizaxvitizax Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    -I think you should forget life steal; arm pen, power and crit, thats all.
    -Vorpal is not that good with so low crit, terror should be better, or plague fire if not enough money.
    -Negation is the only way to go nowadays.
    -I wouldnt use "into the fray" if im not a buffer/tank, we dont have that many damage sources to waste 1 encounter.
    -Flourish is many times wasted, only gwf and other gf are not running away from you when you fight them.
    -I would give a chance to threatening rush, its a must have from my pov ( yea, iron vanguard), i repeat, everyone is running away from you; it also forces enemies to dodge, so you can land real hits on them.
    - I find marks oftern usefull in pvp.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Double mark means you get 28% bonus damage on the target (20% from one mark, 8% from the other)
    if you use Tab mark and Tide of iron though you get a 40% damage boost (20% from mark and 20% from Tide of Iron), so you lose the gap closer but gain lots more damage
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    vitizax wrote: »
    -I think you should forget life steal; arm pen, power and crit, thats all.
    -Vorpal is not that good with so low crit, terror should be better, or plague fire if not enough money.
    -Negation is the only way to go nowadays.
    -I wouldnt use "into the fray" if im not a buffer/tank, we dont have that many damage sources to waste 1 encounter.
    -Flourish is many times wasted, only gwf and other gf are not running away from you when you fight them.
    -I would give a chance to threatening rush, its a must have from my pov ( yea, iron vanguard), i repeat, everyone is running away from you; it also forces enemies to dodge, so you can land real hits on them.
    - I find marks oftern usefull in pvp.

Thanks for sharing.

1. Lifesteal is really good man. Like I said. I sometimes heal 40k with it doign anvil hits :D

2. Vorpal is good as a conq . And plague fire is terrible for gf in pvp. the stacks do not last long. Terror is way better. Also as a conq you get near 30% crit.

3.Negation is good but it's not the only way to go. But yes If i had the ad I would choose negation.

4.Do you use into the frey ? It's a DPS power. It gives your dr into dmg, while giving you move speed to chase enemies and giving you stamina gain to hold guard better. This is one of the best pvp powers even for solo.

5.My flourish is never wasted. It's a great follow up power and good dps. I also said I use lunge for fighting ranged classes and sometimes even into frey. Them 3 powers change.

6.I don't like iron vanguard. It hasn't got the same survivability as swordmaster and you miss crescendo... Also crushing surge and tide of iron are perfect and I would not trade either for threatning rush because it is not needed at all.

This sin't a buff/tank build. It's dps conq with still good survivability. Not everyone playstyle but I
    Like it ^^
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    First of all, thanks for sharing your build. Insights into GF builds are rare here!

Partially agree here, was running before with SM too. In my pov you don't need more gap closer, you have plenty of them as SM. But your point with wasting their dodges seems legit ;)

Why I would choose IV is the double mark system with TAB and Threatening Rush which boosts your damage significantly. Furthermore I like FS far more than Flourish, especially if you face more than one player (happens often!)

But btw many gf don't know about into the frey and how good it is. It's a power that gives you a huge dmg buff and to your team mates. The extra dmg makes up for the encounter slot. It also gives you stamina gain meaning almost infinate guard if played right therefore way more suvivability. And giving the move speed, this means you can get close to ranged classes WHILE guard is up, way better than threatning rush.

Also I use tide of iron not for it's debuff but for it's simple ability to gain your stamina back fast. If your stamina is gone and your outnumbered on a node you can knock a player prone and gain all your stamina back in near 2 hits, you can quicken this by raising shield to speed up animation.

I have tested IV and SM for many hours and to me SM outperforms it.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    It's all about preferences mate ;) I won't argue with you here about which paragon path is better. Both have advantages and disadvantages, in the end it's the path which suits your playstyle better you will choose.
    Simple as that, eh? :D

Yes IV and SM are both good. that was just my opinion, I play better with SM and prefer the skills so thats what I suggest for this build but there are many good IV gf's out there :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stuaretstuaret Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Thank you :)

It's a shame you can't see the pictures though :/ Not sure wht the issue is there but I will try to sort it out or maybe have to use a link.

As for stats I always like to maximize con highest from base points. Str and dex are both good choices really and just come down to personal preference and won't make a massive difference in gameplay.

Thanks for the pictures, and congrat for the "barbarian-halfing" :)
    I have two more questions:

- What do you think about "Pin Down"? Is it affected by tenacity? Can be useful in a bull charge=>flourish=>anvil of doom rotation?
    - The armor ignored from DEX, is it affected by "armor penetration resistence"? (example: 20 DEX => 10% armor ignored, vs 80% armor penetration resistence => only 2% ignored. Right?)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    stuaret wrote: »
    Thanks for the pictures, and congrat for the "barbarian-halfing" :)
    I have two more questions:

- What do you think about "Pin Down"? Is it affected by tenacity? Can be useful in a bull charge=>flourish=>anvil of doom rotation?
    - The armor ignored from DEX, is it affected by "armor penetration resistence"? (example: 20 DEX => 10% armor ignored, vs 80% armor penetration resistence => only 2% ignored. Right?)

Haha ty :)

Pin down didn't really add any noticable difference in my cc. But even so normal cc duration of bull is well enough to get flourish and then anvil off without fail. Also remember you can cancel bull charge animation by lifting guard just after it hits so pin down is not needed.

And I'm not really sure about the dex resistance ignored being affected by tenacity. I think it is but could be wrong. Hopefully someone who has tested it in length can come on and clear that up. I know there is gf's who do lots of number testing :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dont hate on this build, its just his own personal one. It's not claimed to be the best or most suitable for you.

It is obviously a striker build rather than a turtle type. I have completely different skills and you should use different skills depending on what kinda team you are fighting.

Sometimes vs high dps teams on riverscar you could slap on knights valor for example (instead of into the fray), or use iron warrior if you have to do node holding vs 2+ players.

I personally only use striker encounters when im fighting undergeared players who die in 1 or 2 combos. A good TR would dance all over you in this build for example.

Also crushing pin is a good alternative over 5% deflect for this build (since you dont have fey thistle) it boosts all your cc skills by 10% (debuff applied before damage calculated) so you are pretty much getting +10% damage on every combo when opening with bulls charge.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I will just clear some things up as people seem to really not understand into the frey and some ways the gf currently works.

Into the frey -

-Increased your dmg by your dr. You can get a HUGE dps increase from this. even more than equiping another dps encounter. Crushing surge is already a high dps at-will but I crit for over 20k using this while into the frey is on. Even seen up to 30k sometimes.

-Gives you good move speed. Making gap closers not needed.

-Gives you stamina regen. Now this build is not turtle type sure but I can hold a node against large amounts of players sometimes for a good duration. Shield talent slotted with the 15% extra stamina buff on arti wep allows you to hold guard up long. mix that with into the frey and tide of iron and you have perma guard with high dps.

Use steel defence and fighters recovery with this and you are almost unkillable by 1 player or a small group and able to hold of bigger groups for a long time and kill them off 1 by 1. I don't use tide of iron or kv in ppv because I'm not playign a buff role I'm out to kill enemies, cap nodes and hold off enemy nodes for as long as I can.

@grimah

I do amazing vs trickster rogues. I don't think they are Op at all unlike some other people on forums because I can fight them well. Not sure why you think I would not be able to fight rogues. If I just stacked defensive stats then that would be the case lol

Flourish is maybe one of the best skills to use against them and since I have almost perma guard they can't dmg me and with my dps I can 1-3 rotation even high geared rogues.

But anyway guys if you disagree with me please don't post here. I didn't post a build to discuss it, I posted to help people since I was getting many Pm's asking for my build. I have already tested it for weeks and know it works very well. And if you would like to test it then please pm me.

Thank you for feedback though I just don't want this getting filled with people arguing over what ways they prefer to play and whats better especially when people post false info. It's not good for some new gf's wanting to learn.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you want to be ofencive why not crushing pin and fight on? I think that +10% dmg when controling has bigger impact than 5% deflect on block. For class feature i usualy use for gg shield talent/steel defence and for domination shield talent/guarded assault. So no combat superiority in my build. Guarded assault is pretty amazing with 20% dmg reflect.
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    But anyway guys if you disagree with me please don't post here. I didn't post a build to discuss it, I posted to help people since I was getting many Pm's asking for my build. I have already tested it for weeks and know it works very well. And if you would like to test it then please pm me.

Thank you for feedback though I just don't want this getting filled with people arguing over what ways they prefer to play and whats better especially when people post false info. It's not good for some new gf's wanting to learn.

If you post on open forums you must be open to be compared, criticized and commented. If you wanted to help people that pm'ed you, but didnt wanted everyone else to point what they think is weak in your build, you should have pm'ed back those messages instead of posting here.

Try to look to this threat in a constructive way, you are not the only one testing, we are not attacking you here, and obviously, you dont have the absolute truth about GF.

Its all about test&learn&comment, if you are not up to that, you shouldnt have started this threat in first place.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    ravenan wrote: »
    If you want to be ofencive why not crushing pin and fight on? I think that +10% dmg when controling has bigger impact than 5% deflect on block. For class feature i usualy use for gg shield talent/steel defence and for domination shield talent/guarded assault. So no combat superiority in my build. Guarded assault is pretty amazing with 20% dmg reflect.

It's not only offensive. I have gone for good survivbility too.

Tested them both. For me the deflect worked better than the crushing pin because my powers change and I didnt always get the most out of it. As for fight on again it didn't really decrease our encounter cooldowns that much and I prefered other choices.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    If you post on open forums you must be open to be compared, criticized and commented. If you wanted to help people that pm'ed you, but didnt wanted everyone else to point what they think is weak in your build, you should have pm'ed back those messages instead of posting here.

Try to look to this threat in a constructive way, you are not the only one testing, we are not attacking you here, and obviously, you dont have the absolute truth about GF.

Its all about test&learn&comment, if you are not up to that, you shouldnt have started this threat in first place.

Because this is my build. I'm sure if i was maxed out in my pic with mythics then you wouldn't keep posting, do people assume that any none maxed player doesn't know what hes talking about ? I have tested every possible feat path. Tact. prot and conq as well as both swordmaster and iron vanguard. I didn't just make a build and post it. I tried everything I could and this is the best build I came up with.

And how can I see the thread in a constructive way when you telling me things I already know lol ? I have been playign a gf for a long time. always been my only char I play and I have only really ever done pvp with him.

You said first that lifesteal, arm pen, power and crit was bad, did i read that right ? That would leave us with hardly any dmg...

You said flourish misses...well yes if your bad at landing it, don't assume everyone uses it the same way.

You think into the frey is a buff/tank power. If you read my post in the first place you would see that I said it's a dps power as well as giving you good survivability. Also it makes threatning rush not needed.

You also said that plaguefire is better than vorpal, plaguefire stacks do not last long at all and in most situations you would not get the best dmg out of it. I already listed good enchants for gf I did not say vorp was bis.

So yes your posting wrong info and arguing with me about it. Post your own build if you want to.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, re-read please:
    forget life steal ;;;;;;;;;;arm pen, power and crit, thats all. ( i hope you see it now, that means the last 3 are ok, not life steal)
    I said terror, plaguefire if you cant afford it. Do the math, vorpal with less than 10% crit?

If you post, accept coments, criticism and comparisons. And please read better.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, re-read please:
    forget life steal ;;;;;;;;;;arm pen, power and crit, thats all. ( i hope you see it now, that means the last 3 are ok, not life steal)
    I said terror, plaguefire if you cant afford it. Do the math, vorpal with less than 10% crit?

If you post, accept coments, criticism and comparisons. And please read better.

Ok sorry i read that wrong.

Under where I said I use vorp I listed other good enchants....terror is there...

Lifesteal is good. regen only works out of combat now man :( Lifesteal is also quite strong. I said in my beggining post I have had 40k heals in pvp.

Also 10% crit ? I have just under 28% atm. I would say thats good enough for vorpal. nd my gear isn't that gret. If i was maxed my crit chance would be quite high.

But anyway, if you disagree then pleae post your own build or keep it to yourself. Your trying to say I don't know about my class....I have been playing a long time with only the gf class and only doing pvp. Testing for hours day for months and I know what I'm talking about.

No point in arguing anyway man, as I said if you would like to test with me please feel free to pm me :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    In mu humble opinion builds became to much "gear dependent". Except few cruxial feats other are optional. Combat advantage, I was using it, but never know if its works (20 seconds in description). I like this 10% cooldowne reduce, some1 else don't.

The problem with tank is, that they are not tanks anymore. Btw you said that you like to deflect. I think your deflection chance and power is kinda low. Correct me if I'm wrong. I was playing full deflect/reflect/briartwine protector and it was not the worst solution. Now in mod 6, hmm. dunno.

Anyway interesting point of view on Gf. Thanks mate.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    In mu humble opinion builds became to much "gear dependent". Except few cruxial feats other are optional. Combat advantage, I was using it, but never know if its works (20 seconds in description). I like this 10% cooldowne reduce, some1 else don't.

The problem with tank is, that they are not tanks anymore. Btw you said that you like to deflect. I think your deflection chance and power is kinda low. Correct me if I'm wrong. I was playing full deflect/reflect/briartwine protector and it was not the worst solution. Now in mod 6, hmm. dunno.

Anyway interesting point of view on Gf. Thanks mate.

Yeah builds are much more gear dependant now. I really don't liek that. Honestly a guy with max items could purposly choose a bad build and still beat a guy with half his item score but ah well.

Build still matters though :) with my low gear thats why I always try so hrd to find a good build.

I have a 25% deflect chance in battle...not bad since it was nerfed but I dont have much deflect on gear. As for power well as you can see my gear is quite low. I still only hve normal vorp, lesser soul and rank 7s....I only pvp so my gear doesn't improve....I guess thats where some people are thinking I don't know wht I'm talking about. Just because someone doesn't have lots of shiny items doesn't mean they don't know there class ;)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Why not posting here our points of view? if any1 wants to learn they have your build in first page, but there is no threat about GF build discussion.

There are things i like and things i dont like that much. Ill comment few things of my build so you can comment what you dont like. Im Iron Vanguard.

I choosed it maybe because i was used to it before sword master showed up, or maybe i think it has better skills... probably both are usable in pvp, just diferent styles.

-As i said before threatening rush is a must have for me, every1 is running away to attack me from safe distance, this power helps to reach them.

- My encounters are lunging strike, bulls charge and anvil of doom, i think most ppl uses them. LS is a good gap closer ( incredible one) and great damage dealer. I ve also heard griffons wrath is making great damage; its look good for a burst if you feat it, but personally i havent tryed.

-About dailys: i always have villians menace, immunity to Croud control, more damage done, maybe is not the best, but since Croud Control is maybe our biggest weakness this helps a lot.
    On the other slot i may have 2, first is fighters recovery, very good one, but sometimes unuseful against very elusive enemies, such as rogues. I also use indomitable strengh, not incredible damage ( but a good one) and it synergizes pretty well with my play style, a mix of burst damage and CC.

- For passive powers i use combat superiority in first slot... second one is under test, trample the fallen is a good choice if i go with indomitable strengh... i m also trying desperate survival and guarded assault. Im still on it.

- Negation is a must have from my POV, its just the best enchant for pvp, i know its pretty expensive, but it worth the diamonds.

For what i ve seen, this build/playstyle is what almost every1 uses now, sword masters use flourish&crecendo iron vanguard use similar to what ive written, but every1 goes burst/croud control build.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Why not posting here our points of view? if any1 wants to learn they have your build in first page, but there is no threat about GF build discussion.

There are things i like and things i dont like that much. Ill comment few things of my build so you can comment what you dont like. Im Iron Vanguard.

I choosed it maybe because i was used to it before sword master showed up, or maybe i think it has better skills... probably both are usable in pvp, just diferent styles.

-As i said before threatening rush is a must have for me, every1 is running away to attack me from safe distance, this power helps to reach them.

- My encounters are lunging strike, bulls charge and anvil of doom, i think most ppl uses them. LS is a good gap closer ( incredible one) and great damage dealer. I ve also heard griffons wrath is making great damage; its look good for a burst if you feat it, but personally i havent tryed.

-About dailys: i always have villians menace, immunity to Croud control, more damage done, maybe is not the best, but since Croud Control is maybe our biggest weakness this helps a lot.
    On the other slot i may have 2, first is fighters recovery, very good one, but sometimes unuseful against very elusive enemies, such as rogues. I also use indomitable strengh, not incredible damage ( but a good one) and it synergizes pretty well with my play style, a mix of burst damage and CC.

- For passive powers i use combat superiority in first slot... second one is under test, trample the fallen is a good choice if i go with indomitable strengh... i m also trying desperate survival and guarded assault. Im still on it.

- Negation is a must have from my POV, its just the best enchant for pvp, i know its pretty expensive, but it worth the diamonds.

For what i ve seen, this build/playstyle is what almost every1 uses now, sword masters use flourish&crecendo iron vanguard use similar to what ive written, but every1 goes burst/croud control build.

Our power choices are quite similar. I don't think IV is bad I just much prefer SM for pvp. Crescendo is n amazing daily and steel defence can make you very hard to kill but again I have met many good pvp IV builds...They arent really that different tbh.

Threatning rush is good yeah but have you tested into the frey as a dps power ? Most pvp gf's use it now. Each rank gives you 25% of your dr as dmg and the move speed buff mkes up for thretning rush.

And negation is amazing. I will update that. I don't use it not because I dont want to but because I can't afford it. Trust me If I pyed money on this or lots of pve then I would have much better stats...still suing rank 7s and lesser soulforge lol. But yes negation would be my choice :)

But that's why I like my build. It works well for me becuse I have beaten top pvp players with it who hve wy betetr gear that me. Now I know thats not just build I have practiced a lot so know what I'm doing in pvp but build is still important.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Yes, ITF, bull and anvil. Most of Gf's play like that now. Temp hp is important as well + 15% dmg. To bad this animation casts so long.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    azrael778azrael778 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I totally agree with you mate.

Besides Vitizax is only discussing the merit/demerit of your build and not attacking you personally....
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    azrael778 wrote: »
    I totally agree with you mate.

Besides Vitizax is only discussing the merit/demerit of your build and not attacking you personally....

Yeah I know. I'm sorry if I got annoyed really. I just didn't want this to be a class discusion. Surely you can understand that ?

And all builds have merits and demerits. I said I tested allmost all possibilites for builds so I didin't need to be told if my build is good or not. I tried prot, conq, tact. IV and SM and many combos of powers to finally find this build so it's not like I just threw it together. Thats why I got defensive.

I wanted it just to be for people asking questions and me replying to help them. Not have to defend why I pick or choose certain powers/feats.

Maybe there should be a discussion thread about gf :D

But yeah people was also getting the wrong idea and thinking I'm only striker or whatever. I didn't say that and people should read it all before posting or assuming things thats all because some have missed things out :)

Edit: But honestly I do feel that any builds that don't have a maxed char in the pic are looked down on. I have seen many builds over my times on the forums who post and just get so much hate. Then a guy posts with all bis gear and no matter what the build looks like everyone loves it(the stats are high from gear not build).

I have honestly spent about 90% of my time in mod 6 testing for this. So please trust me that I tried most things and again if someone would like to test with me on server please pm me :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]