test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are rogues so violently overpowered in PvP?

Comments

• azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol. I agree some TRs can be countered with proper gear.
    but even the PC community agrees TR is op in the same module when it was up there.
    It is pretty funny see some rogue players claiming they are not overpower, it is always the other people gear. etc(partially true), but it does make me remember of the players that would still defend gwfs on pc when destroyer were gods and roar could root..
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    reduce damage?
    Reduce mobility?
    Reduce HP?
    Reduce CC?

I can't tell what would be fair to keep rogues in line.

Lashing blade needs a 20% damage nerf I think.
    Only noobs use it in PVE and PVP it hits too much.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
    edited May 2015
    I am not sure it is lashing blade the problem. I noticed some rogues without it are even worse. i am not sure if it is that shadow of demise or what, but some rogues melt my hp sometimes and sometimes my hp go down so fast it doesn't even show the number tickles.
    and lack of pvp resistance, dr, deflect is not the problem with my char.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • mizzou0mizzou0 Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2015
    azuosed89 wrote: »
    I am not sure it is lashing blade the problem. I noticed some rogues without it are even worse. i am not sure if it is that shadow of demise or what, but some rogues melt my hp sometimes and sometimes my hp go down so fast it doesn't even show the number tickles.
    and lack of pvp resistance, dr, deflect is not the problem with my char.

Its more than l likely the shadow of demise glitch some people are doing.
    MIZZOU
    Control Wizard
    edited May 2015
    I think so. I came from pc, so I am still getting used. there are some rogues I fight no problem, but some I am not sure, i get this demise stack and I suffer insane dmg. as gwf I cant just run away for 6 seconds. It is insane sometimes I get damage that does not even show in numbers on the screen. I hope they do fix it sometime. I am hoping to make some changes in my build soon that will allow me to cope a little better with this problem.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • thormadn3ssthormadn3ss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the amount of TR's abusing the shadow of demise bug right now is SAD. 7 out of 10 tr's r abusing it.

O and i know some of doing it without knowing it, but many r doing it because they know about it. time to take the training wheels off.
  • ac3swildac3swild Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I think your missing my point.

If your tenacity was high..you wouldn't be getting one shot. Depending on how much you are debuffed of course changes things.

My tenacity is 1,052 for example. That gives me a 24% innate damage, crit strike, control resist negation bonus in PvP. Add in your defensive stats(the %), as well as Deflect % and high health pool.. It will be a very rare occasion of getting one shot.

Thats not completely true. I have 1200 tenacity on my gwf and 40% defense (from defense). Sitting at around 26k hp. I have been one shot by rouges in high end pve gear with super high gear score. My brother calls them wallet warriors. Its true they die relatively fast because they have no tenacity, but its not hard to run a lashing blade impossible to catch shadow strike build and just roll spam between cds.

I think lashing blades crit severity bonus should be turned into a buff they get for x seconds after landing it from stealth still get damage but not in one giant chunk. But im a realist i know nothings going to change till mod 6.

But the tenacity will fix it argument is just not completely accurate. Especially with the SoD bug, lashing blade for 9k any other abilities for 6k, shadow for 15k, gg.
  • leg3nd831leg3nd831 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the amount of TR's abusing the shadow of demise bug right now is SAD. 7 out of 10 tr's r abusing it.

O and i know some of doing it without knowing it, but many r doing it because they know about it. time to take the training wheels off.

Welcome to NWO.. or any MMO PvP for that matter.
    [PC] Buds <Lemonade Stand> - Trickster Rogue
    [Xbox] Skill <Iron Lotus> - Trickster Rogue
    edited May 2015
    leg3nd831 wrote: »
    Welcome to NWO.. or any MMO PvP for that matter.

I have played many MMO's, so dont think this is my first.

I myself dont really have that hard a time in pvp i have good gear, and since i have played other mmo's pvp its pretty easy. But when i see a good 80% tr all running a DOt based gem to exploit shadow its kinda sad.
  • leg3nd831leg3nd831 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have played many MMO's, so dont think this is my first.

I myself dont really have that hard a time in pvp i have good gear, and since i have played other mmo's pvp its pretty easy. But when i see a good 80% tr all running a DOt based gem to exploit shadow its kinda sad.

My point is that every time there is an overpowered mechanic in an MMO, especially in PvP, its always heavily abused. Once it's patched, these forums will be flooded with the next FOTM mechanic.
    [PC] Buds <Lemonade Stand> - Trickster Rogue
    [Xbox] Skill <Iron Lotus> - Trickster Rogue
  • divine82pvpdivine82pvp Member Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    leg3nd831 wrote: »
    My point is that every time there is an overpowered mechanic in an MMO, especially in PvP, its always heavily abused. Once it's patched, these forums will be flooded with the next FOTM mechanic.

Is there another perma stealth rogue named skill, I thought you were in Iron Lotus?
    Tenacity PvP Guild
    Divine 60 Spellstorm Control Wizard
    twitch.tv/Divine1982
  • marklindopmarklindop Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    BULL****! I am a GF, 1000+ Tenacity, 5000 Defense, 40k HP, "gamerTag = Midwolf", check my video's.. a rogue did a 1 shot 50k hit on me.. Rogues are dumb and OP.. The reason all Rogues are Pro at PVP is because a 5 year old with no thumps can create a Rogue and become OP on PVP because no other reason then "ROGUE", they are all OP because the Class is OP, the only people who defends rogues are rogues and its SAD that most rogues come on here, Posting adds and replying "rogues are Normal" so they dont get nerfed to a Normal class so maybe, JUST MAYBE going 1on1 with a rogue might actually result in a Fight and not a 1 shot with something I didn't see..

With Rogues 1 shot and Stealth, its like playing COD with me running around with a knife has they have a gun, Simply OP and I cannot win,.. So rogues enjoy PVP and when the 7/10 rogues turn into 10/10.. enjoy your new game of Hide and Seek...
  • reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    marklindop wrote: »
    BULL****! I am a GF, 1000+ Tenacity, 5000 Defense, 40k HP, "gamerTag = Midwolf", check my video's.. a rogue did a 1 shot 50k hit on me.. Rogues are dumb and OP.. The reason all Rogues are Pro at PVP is because a 5 year old with no thumps can create a Rogue and become OP on PVP because no other reason then "ROGUE", they are all OP because the Class is OP, the only people who defends rogues are rogues and its SAD that most rogues come on here, Posting adds and replying "rogues are Normal" so they dont get nerfed to a Normal class so maybe, JUST MAYBE going 1on1 with a rogue might actually result in a Fight and not a 1 shot with something I didn't see..

With Rogues 1 shot and Stealth, its like playing COD with me running around with a knife has they have a gun, Simply OP and I cannot win,.. So rogues enjoy PVP and when the 7/10 rogues turn into 10/10.. enjoy your new game of Hide and Seek...

Your wordvomit in almost every Rogue QQ thread is getting really old. There's no way you're getting hit that hard with your defensive stats, so stop exaggerating and lying to try to paint it like you're not doing anything wrong. I'm a Cleric with less defensive stats than you and 10k less HP, and I've NEVER been hit that hard while playing against the most geared Rogues around. I also find it funny that you change your stats with every single post you make. Yesterday you only had 30k HP, no?

Quit crying and get better. You have a shield for a reason kiddo.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • divine82pvpdivine82pvp Member Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015

First off the rogues you are playing are bad because they are running execution path. ( if you are indeed getting one shoted)
    Scoundrel has so much more potential with daze locking clerics, hunters, CW, and lol warlocks.
    Also, lol GF.
    Tenacity PvP Guild
    Divine 60 Spellstorm Control Wizard
    twitch.tv/Divine1982
    edited May 2015
    First off the rogues you are playing are bad because they are running execution path. ( if you are indeed getting one shoted)
    Scoundrel has so much more potential with daze locking clerics, hunters, CW, and lol warlocks.
    Also, lol GF.

in the end both are broken though.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Frankly the whole TR is easy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is beyond boring me now.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Make a TR, get him to 60, shoot me a tell and we can 1 vs 1, where I will take a giant <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on you and your ridiculous comments.

5 year olds can dominate as a TR?

.........I'll be waiting

Alysin Chains - 60 TR
    <Rekt>
    GT - munkness81
  • perfectelevenperfecteleven Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Frankly the whole TR is easy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is beyond boring me now.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Make a TR, get him to 60, shoot me a tell and we can 1 vs 1, where I will take a giant <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on you and your ridiculous comments.

5 year olds can dominate as a TR?

.........I'll be waiting

Alysin Chains - 60 TR
    <Rekt>
    GT - munkness81

No offense, but every class in this game is easy compared to any real mmo. Its all about gear and knowing a couple of abilities. Not much to it, still fun though.
  • reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    No offense, but every class in this game is easy compared to any real mmo. Its all about gear and knowing a couple of abilities. Not much to it, still fun though.

That would explain why there's such a huge disparity in skill between top-tier players and everyone else...

Not. Every class in every MMO is easy, and in most cases aside from GW2, AoC, and a few others it's always about gear. The thing that makes a good PvPer a good PvPer is situational awareness, reflexes, coordination, communication, and knowledge of other classes and how to counter them.

Saying every class is easy is like saying every sport is easy. It's only half true, and when you try to defend against LeBron James (just an example, I don't watch NBA at all) you'll realize just how much room you have to improve.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
    edited May 2015
    No offense, but every class in this game is easy.

Not only do I agree, but I have said the very same thing quite a few times.

But a class, any class, being easy to play is far different than Dominating with one.

The bottom line is, in NW PvP, player skill(with decent gear) is what dominates. Not the class.
  • perfectelevenperfecteleven Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That would explain why there's such a huge disparity in skill between top-tier players and everyone else...

Not. Every class in every MMO is easy, and in most cases aside from GW2, AoC, and a few others it's always about gear. The thing that makes a good PvPer a good PvPer is situational awareness, reflexes, coordination, communication, and knowledge of other classes and how to counter them.

Saying every class is easy is like saying every sport is easy. It's only half true, and when you try to defend against LeBron James (just an example, I don't watch NBA at all) you'll realize just how much room you have to improve.

Back in my most played days of WoW arena in the 2300+ bracket it was actually very difficult. I think I had around 70 Buttons to remember on some of my toons. Maybe it's just me that finds this game super easy then for an MMO. Theres a very low skill ceiling in this game, if you are familiar with the term. It doesn't take hardly any time to become an expert on this game.

It's a really fun game, I just think the forum posts of everyone defending there class or running off at the mouth about how pro they are is about useless as the Trade channel spam we now have. I wish this game was competitive but I can see the fun running out after some months in PvP. Same maps over and over, geared people becoming more and more geared making matches even more boring with newcomers.

And Alice in Chains I agree to an extent. Although I would say Gear+Class > Player skill. I can be a pro with a controller and if a TR is dazing me infinitely then there isn't much I can do to show skill. And I am not *****ing about TR's because I am equally as overpowered. And I know I would never go 50-3 on a GWF like I have on my HR.
    edited May 2015

by AoC r you referring to Age of Camelot or Age of Conan either way both great games, I played Age of Conan Alot was by far one of the best mmo pvp games i ever played where skill owned gear. Well up untill near the end anyways where they made gear matter more and this is where most pvpers quit.
  • blueberry1973blueberry1973 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2015
    azuosed89 wrote: »
    lol. I agree some TRs can be countered with proper gear.
    but even the PC community agrees TR is op in the same module when it was up there.
    It is pretty funny see some rogue players claiming they are not overpower, it is always the other people gear. etc(partially true), but it does make me remember of the players that would still defend gwfs on pc when destroyer were gods and roar could root..

Lol. Rogues are OP garbage in pvp. Honestly, it is so ridiculous it basically ruins pvp. The problem is rogues are easy to play, take no skill, and utterly ruin an entire game type in the game. Going invisible, cc, and then one shotting a player does not fit into anything near skill.

It is funny because these pvo guild que with all rogues and a healer. They occasionally throw in a CW but generally run the OP classes. Then they talk smack lol. It is absurd.

The devs need to realize that having CW and TR so overpowered it just pushes people away from the game. If the pvp objective was to make a few special TR and CW snowflakes happy while pushing the majority of player base from enjoying pvp. Mission accomplished.
  • krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've talked to a lot of PC players and the consensus is that rogues are fairly average in mod 6. Obviously skilled players will still do well. I'm almost positive the amount of "Rogues are op" threads will decrease substantially once mod 6 releases. Now I'm not sure if that's such a good thing though as I also hear mod 6 is pretty horrible and a lot of people have quit because of it.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
    edited May 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    I've talked to a lot of PC players and the consensus is that rogues are fairly average in mod 6. Obviously skilled players will still do well. I'm almost positive the amount of "Rogues are op" threads will decrease substantially once mod 6 releases. Now I'm not sure if that's such a good thing though as I also hear mod 6 is pretty horrible and a lot of people have quit because of it.

You should check out the changes specifically to TR's in Mod6 Krad. If/when they do bring in Mod 6 people are going to be crying even more about TR's, because the general opinion is that Mod 6 all of a sudden makes TR's bad.

Definitely not the case if you read what they actually did change.

A few for example; Increased dodge roll distance by 50%, decreased stamina loss from dodge, increased damage to Deft Strike as well as increased slow duration. I for one cant wait, my TR is only going to be more powerful.

They did reduce the Stun/Daze duration(which is good), but with certain encounters, and increases to Deft Strike, a smart scoundrel using the correct arti weapon is going to keep you slowed 100% of the time.

They also fixed the stupid SoD glitch, it works as intended in Mod 6.
    edited May 2015
    You should check out the changes specifically to TR's in Mod6 Krad. If/when they do bring in Mod 6 people are going to be crying even more about TR's, because the general opinion is that Mod 6 all of a sudden makes TR's bad.

Definitely not the case if you read what they actually did change.

A few for example; Increased dodge roll distance by 50%, decreased stamina loss from dodge, increased damage to Deft Strike as well as increased slow duration. I for one cant wait, my TR is only going to be more powerful.

They did reduce the Stun/Daze duration(which is good), but with certain encounters, and increases to Deft Strike, a smart scoundrel using the correct arti weapon is going to keep you slowed 100% of the time.

They also fixed the stupid SoD glitch, it works as intended in Mod 6.

Nah I'd rather go based off the information of people actually playing mod 6.

Already read all that. I have yet to see a PC player say TR's are even stronger in mod 6. Just going based off of what majority of pc players have been saying.
  • dubocidedubocide Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Honestly I think the stupid daze thing is the worst. I can't attack or get away from there attacks and end up dead in a couple seconds. Im playing as a SW and so far I have no control powers even halve equal to that....it seems that on a 1v1 situation the rouge will would win everytime
    edited May 2015
    dubocide wrote: »
    Honestly I think the stupid daze thing is the worst. I can't attack or get away from there attacks and end up dead in a couple seconds. Im playing as a SW and so far I have no control powers even halve equal to that....it seems that on a 1v1 situation the rouge will would win everytime

Yep, feel bad for classes such as yours, GF's and even GWF. Seem to have the much shorter end of the stick when facing rogues compared to the other classes.

Even if people disagree with Rogues being op, only a moron would disagree with pvp being imbalanced. SW's need some serious help. With GF not too far behind. I've yet come across a SW that compete with my damage, and let's not even talk about my control abilities which SW's have none of. (I'm a CW by the way)

But it's okay. I wouldn't expect any game to get each class perfectly balanced. In almost every MMO there are classes that hold advantages over others. Not sure why people are acting like this is something new. Especially those in denial of it.
  • tgsmoothtgsmooth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Scourge Warlocks have Harrowstorm which has controlling effects lol, so obviously people don't know what their talking about, it is skill based. I have a 17k GF and a 14k SW and do fine with both toons with NOOOOOO tenacity. I chew rogues up and swallow them out with my tank, what I use I'm keeping a secret but when I use my rotation a rogue is usually dead or has taken enough damage to be the cowards they are and run because they can't handle the 2 tons of fun tanks bring to the table. SW's deal massive damage if speced right and if your using stupid dreadtheft in pvp your wrong, pvp is all about unloading what your strongest moves hopefully killing the guys and moving onto the next one. A SW and a healer holding down 2....don't get me started on what you can do. If anyones ever been killed by atank name Xander, dragonborn race yup that was me. TR invis, go ahead I can usually guess the direction your coming from and throw up my shield, oh what about stamina you ask? Dragon artifact weapon that lets you regain stamina with shield smash, hit mid air with it and keeps your stamina up. Looks funny but works. TR comes out of invis, their dead its hard to tell when a GF is going to unload when your used to seeing their shield up. SW unlike what Krad777 says has a control power just most SW think dreadtheft is a must. It is so weak in pvp just stop using it. When I go through my rotation I either 2 shot or 3 shot people, stay out of range and catch TR's trying to go to your position and catch them of guard, one toss up in the air and unload your other two encounters before they get up, your rogue problem is solved. IMO Control beats the support classes, dps beat the control, and the support beats the dps. Tired of people with glypths though that is the most ******ed thing I've seen. Experimented with glyph's on my tank, 14-0, 22-3, 14-5....which is bs take them out of pvp. Out of all classes though I agree with the majority TR is OP and it's because SoD is bugged, if they fix that half of those pesky "ima jump on your body because I think im cool" player will quit pvp because they won't stand a chance then.

With that said yeah your a TR, stop acting so cocky in pvp.....your class is by far the easiest to use, GET OVER YOURSELF. I can't tell you how many rogue have to have help killing my tank then jump on me when it's 2v1 or 3v1 thinking they are good after it took 2-3 people 2 minutes to kill me lol. (I usually hunt the jumpy ones down by theirselves and stop on them like the ants they are.) Then I get spam saying I either have tenacity and they don't yotta yotta....I have no tenacity but cant wait til I get a full profound set and become indestructible!!!!!
  • lazyaxus111lazyaxus111 Member Posts: 65
    edited May 2015
    I'm not 100% sure, anyone else reading feel free to answer if you know. But I believe, 98% sure, that there is no DR when it comes to Tenacity. Its Innate, and constant.

Defense and deflect however, are effected by a form of DR, as in hard-caps for the negative % that a debuff can degrade your character.

People were asking for lesser dmg dealt in PvP, I believe Tenacity was their answer. I also think that you have a 10%(?)dmg reduction anyway, without having Tenacity, cant remember the exact % however.

Yes, in PVP there is a 10% base damage reduction before tenacity.

Tenacity begins the DR hit at 800, and picks up severely after 1,000.

Einherjar
    (Iron Lotus)
    17,961 GS SOD glitching french word for red.
    Aeneas/Einherjar/No Skill
    (Iron Lotus)
    Dragon Born Rouge GS 17.6k in Profound

Not to be confused with Rogue, I truly am the red makeup women put on their cheeks.
  • lazyaxus111lazyaxus111 Member Posts: 65
    edited May 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    Nah I'd rather go based off the information of people actually playing mod 6.

Already read all that. I have yet to see a PC player say TR's are even stronger in mod 6. Just going based off of what majority of pc players have been saying.

You asked for it. Straight from the PVP PC forums.

"TR out of control (CoS/SO/LM)
    You thought mod5 rogue was overpowered mix of insane high dmg and survival? Mod6 is worse.

A geared rogue does not even need dailies and encounters anymore - shocking execution, bloodbath, smokebomb are just jacks for openers. All a geared TR needs to do is roll around, stealth, and throw dagger at wills with the Lostmauth set equipped.

Clouds of Steel at-will with Shadowy Opportunity + Lostmauth set melts 100,000 HP in a few seconds. Roll. Stealth. Throw daggers. Roll stealth. Throw daggers. Roll... yaaaaaawn.
    How boring.

TR are rolling with 10-1 or much higher (no class comes close) kill-death doing just this.
    Shadowy opportunity is apparently doubleprocing the 75% piercing hit (not sure, didn't read other thread). The 75% weapon damage as piercing is already excessive with orange elemental weap.
    Lostmauth set procs 100% of time with 100% crit and even the belt stats (STR/DEX) are great for TR too.

Lostmauth set has the most powerful offensive set bonus ever introduced into the game and it buffs damage the most for classes with highest effective in combat crit chance (again TR and CW). Why devs why. These were already the strongest offense classes.

TYPICAL TR COPYPASTE BUILD DAMAGE CHART:

Seeing charts like this over and over and over.
    Over 75% ofl damage coming from just at will procs.
    Roll. Stealth. Throw daggers. Roll stealth. Throw daggers. Roll...
    WaI or BaF?"
    Aeneas/Einherjar/No Skill
    (Iron Lotus)
    Dragon Born Rouge GS 17.6k in Profound

Not to be confused with Rogue, I truly am the red makeup women put on their cheeks.