test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are rogues so violently overpowered in PvP?

Comments

• munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is why TRs are considered OP in PvP.
    PvP_zpslkjb9q3v.jpg

This was a guild premade I was fighting while solo Q'ing. My kills mean nothing in this match, and I am not stroking any sort of epeen with showing my stats in this match. The point, and bigger picture is other players lack of knowledge in this game.

Both TR's on their team were using Blitz(wha?) Every time they came to cap their home node(which I just capped), they chose to stay mounted. Out of 37 kills, probably 20 of them were near one shots because they were mounted. The rest was just bad communication and lack of tactics within their team. From what I seen most of them looked to be wearing Grim gear, so the gear factor wasn't the issue.

Poor skill, poor tactics, terrible use of encounters and player match-ups.

These are generally the people that complain that every class is OP, especially a TR.

We all know SoD is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and I have zero respect for the TR's purposely abusing it. Other than that, TR's are very manageable.
  • lazyaxus111lazyaxus111 Member Posts: 65
    edited May 2015
    "I am not stroking any sort of epeen with showing my stats in this match"

Except that is exactly why you posted it lol. Pretty sure it's common knowledge that the general populace of every single PVP MMO is subpar.

Einherjar
    (Iron Lotus)
    Aeneas/Einherjar/No Skill
    (Iron Lotus)
    Dragon Born Rouge GS 17.6k in Profound

Not to be confused with Rogue, I truly am the red makeup women put on their cheeks.
    edited May 2015
    "I am not stroking any sort of epeen with showing my stats in this match"

Except that is exactly why you posted it lol. Pretty sure it's common knowledge that the general populace of every single PVP MMO is subpar.

Einherjar
    (Iron Lotus)

If I wanted to stroke my epeen I would have posted my 65-1 match.

Point was clearly made, with player base being new and not understanding the ins and outs of PvP in NW.

BTW. Iron Lotus is my favorite guild to fight as they are the most honorable players I have met. Its too bad you are part of them, knowingly using the SoD glitch. You disgrace their guild name.
    edited May 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    If I wanted to stroke my epeen I would have posted my 65-1 match.

Point was clearly made, with player base being new and not understanding the ins and outs of PvP in NW.

BTW. Iron Lotus is my favorite guild to fight as they are the most honorable players I have met. Its too bad you are part of them, knowingly using the SoD glitch. You disgrace their guild name.

We should duel, I won't use a weapon enchant.
    (Iron Lotus)

Not to be confused with Rogue, I truly am the red makeup women put on their cheeks.
    edited May 2015
    We should duel, I won't use a weapon enchant.

GT-Munkness81

I'll be on tonight.
    edited May 2015
    GT-Munkness81

I'll be on tonight.

Same, 6 P.M. central.

Best 2 of 3? Winner gets 100k ad?

AudieSnipes TFC
    (Iron Lotus)

edited May 2015
    Same, 6 P.M. central.

Best 2 of 3? Winner gets 100k ad?

AudieSnipes TFC

Race to 10.

Winner gets the satisfaction
    edited May 2015
    Ok, we usually do at least one or two duel matches a night, Maleficient was with us lastnight. You guys should field five for the easier que and we will as well.

Others can duel at the same time.
    (Iron Lotus)

edited May 2015
    Ok, we usually do at least one or two duel matches a night, Maleficient was with us lastnight. You guys should field five for the easier que and we will as well.

Others can duel at the same time.

Sounds good, shouldn't be a problem getting 5 together. I know Shoukon wanted to do some duels if hes on. Might be hard to pry them away from farming atm but I'm sure they wont mind setting something up.
  • crispyslinky07crispyslinky07 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ya ill be down for some. Playing a TR is so dependant on the map though. If I get a pillar I could shut down skilled hr/cw. If not it's the other way around
    Ant
    < Goon Squad >
    edited May 2015
    Ya ill be down for some. Playing a TR is so dependant on the map though. If I get a pillar I could shut down skilled hr/cw. If not it's the other way around

Disheartening strike from stealth into vengeance pursuit (breaks cc and still follows the target into stealth giving you direction for the immediate dazing strike, (plus slow if you take it), into shadow strike, into full sly flourish from stealth combo has been solving most of my hr/cw problems when I don't have something to los with.

Roll away and restart. Of course I usually run the sod glitch because its so absurd and I'm a ******, but nine times out of ten you don't even need it.

Plus you've got dh, and the initial hit from VP to break the fox before you blow Dazing strike if they're wise.
    (Iron Lotus)

edited May 2015
    IE let them cc you while you're stealthed since they'll catch a glimpse of you from the dh strike, so they waste it before you activate the second function of Vengeance.

EDIT: I thought rouge was makeup anyways. What are we even talking about.
    (Iron Lotus)

edited May 2015
    Went home on lunch for some PvP, got stuck. Hopefully sometime today I can log back in. Currently stuck in Rivenscar =(
    edited May 2015
    Went home on lunch for some PvP, got stuck. Hopefully sometime today I can log back in. Currently stuck in Rivenscar =(

Been seeing that a lot in General, god that'll be frustrating if I see the same thing when I get off work. Here's hoping.
    (Iron Lotus)

edited May 2015
    Been seeing that a lot in General, god that'll be frustrating if I see the same thing when I get off work. Here's hoping.

Well I did like 4 matches NP. Then bam. Stuck

Can log into an alt just fine, not my main though.

I'm sure its just a madder of time.
    edited May 2015
    Well I did like 4 matches NP. Then bam. Stuck

Can log into an alt just fine, not my main though.

I'm sure its just a madder of time.

lol your post prompted me to sell my PFire and get a vorpal to finally drop the SOD glitch. Respecced and moved some stats around, but I got too drunk to test anything properly. We should try to get some duels going tonight. I will add you and message you if you're on.
    (Iron Lotus)

• robertdiazrobertdiaz Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2015
    We should try to get some duels going tonight.

I choose you alysin chains!!! Disable!
    Britney Spears Hunter Ranger

twitch.tv/xx_alucard
    edited May 2015
    robertdiaz wrote: »
    I choose you alysin chains!!! Disable!

I'm surprised you and Robin aren't in the hospital with back problems from trying to carry... well I won't post names.
    (Iron Lotus)

edited May 2015
    lol your post prompted me to sell my PFire and get a vorpal to finally drop the SOD glitch. Respecced and moved some stats around, but I got too drunk to test anything properly. We should try to get some duels going tonight. I will add you and message you if you're on.

Heh, you didn't have to do that cuz of me man. I wasn't trashin ya anyway. I just cant take any TR seriously in PvP that uses the SoD glitch, to each is there own.

Good to hear you got rid of it though, its a crappy crutch and unfortunately "most" TR's using it rely on that for their damage. In my opinion its just going to gimp them when it does get fixed as they wont be doing anywhere near the damage without it.

As far as 1 vs 1's honestly I could care less really. I'm not perfect, plenty of people have beat me 1 vs 1. I would rather get together a full premade and have a good match then waste my time dancing around a node doing 1 vs 1's.

Also my butt still hurts from the giant fisting Meleficent gave me lastnight heh.

Get a 5 and lets do some premades!
  • blueberry1973blueberry1973 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2015
    Heh, you didn't have to do that cuz of me man. I wasn't trashin ya anyway. I just cant take any TR seriously in PvP that uses the SoD glitch, to each is there own.

Good to hear you got rid of it though, its a crappy crutch and unfortunately "most" TR's using it rely on that for their damage. In my opinion its just going to gimp them when it does get fixed as they wont be doing anywhere near the damage without it.

As far as 1 vs 1's honestly I could care less really. I'm not perfect, plenty of people have beat me 1 vs 1. I would rather get together a full premade and have a good match then waste my time dancing around a node doing 1 vs 1's.

Also my butt still hurts from the giant fisting Meleficent gave me lastnight heh.

Get a 5 and lets do some premades!

Lol. 5v5 all TR with a random CW thrown in. Why not just put on a bicycle helmet and finger paint. Would be more competitive and skill based...

Just kidding.... Maybe? I look forward to some pvp adjustments and future content changes.
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Why not just put on a bicycle helmet and finger paint.

I chuckled, tally ho m8
    edited May 2015
    I look forward to some pvp adjustments and future content changes.

Mod 6 TR

Hope you enjoy getting your * pushed in, this is what all your whining has done.

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/cu3Mga11yu4
    edited May 2015
    Mod 6 TR

Hope you enjoy getting your * pushed in, this is what all your whining has done.

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/cu3Mga11yu4

So you admit your class is overpowered easy mode and the future mod makes it even more stupid. Bravo my special snowflake. Honestly is a good thing.

We have made progress. The next step is to acknowledge how easy and OP your class is and how you are ashamed. The final step is to realize that playing and OP broken class is actually boring... this may take awhile for you to process because competition and a challenge cannot be your cup of tea.

Now that you admit TR are stupid OP hopefully the devs will fix it now and in future mods including 6. It is unfair to maintain TR easy mode for those players that have skill and want a challenge. Kind of selfish really. Other people want to play TR and expect a balanced and challenging class. Keeping it so OP broken is unfair to good mmo pvp players.
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    in mod 5 tr is op. but for mod 6 I rather wait... I have seen people saying TR are more op, but saw threads talking about op immortal CWS, paladins one shot, or even gwfs getting triple kills on 2 using daring shout. I am not sure I believe anything of mod 6 because saw people complaining of different things. different from mod 5 for sure.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    edited May 2015
    azuosed89 wrote: »
    in mod 5 tr is op. but for mod 6 I rather wait... I have seen people saying TR are more op, but saw threads talking about op immortal CWS, paladins one shot, or even gwfs getting triple kills on 2 using daring shout. I am not sure I believe anything of mod 6 because saw people complaining of different things. different from mod 5 for sure.

You would think the Devs learned from mod 6 and will implement something better on xbox. No one wants GWF who shout and one shot people or the other examples. People also do not want TR to cc and one shot people like right now but I am sure this will get fixed.

Nerfing TR now and before mod 6 would be the devs sending a message we care about our customers and this game.
    edited May 2015
    So you admit your class is overpowered easy mode and the future mod makes it even more stupid. Bravo my special snowflake. Honestly is a good thing.

We have made progress. The next step is to acknowledge how easy and OP your class is and how you are ashamed. The final step is to realize that playing and OP broken class is actually boring... this may take awhile for you to process because competition and a challenge cannot be your cup of tea.

Now that you admit TR are stupid OP hopefully the devs will fix it now and in future mods including 6. It is unfair to maintain TR easy mode for those players that have skill and want a challenge. Kind of selfish really. Other people want to play TR and expect a balanced and challenging class. Keeping it so OP broken is unfair to good mmo pvp players.

What you seem to not understand about changes in game dude, is its a domino effect. Changing something like JUST SoD, to actually do what the tool-tip says is completely different then working over an entire class. When you change or balance one class, you are forced to change and balance other class's as well.

It doesn't madder what changes are made to what class's..in any game. Skilled players, will adapt and figure out a way to be competitive. They made great changes in Mod 6 to TR's, giving the population what they asked for, and guess what. Skilled players found a way to make new builds that dominate even more than before. This is never going to change. People like you are always going to waste their time on the forums crying about this class or that, while players like myself and many others will be theory-crafting and testing out new builds and new rotations and new types of gear to fit those different builds and different rotations.

This game will never....ever....be the way you want it. Even if they did. If they listened to the Omnipotent Blueberry <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Pants and gave you EXACTLY what that little brain of yours is wanting, you will still come in here...and make whiny emo threads asking for changes.

You are a fail, and I am glad for people like you, because you are a constant source of laughter for me while I am at work.
  • crispyslinky07crispyslinky07 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What you seem to not understand about changes in game dude, is its a domino effect. Changing something like JUST SoD, to actually do what the tool-tip says is completely different then working over an entire class. When you change or balance one class, you are forced to change and balance other class's as well.

It doesn't madder what changes are made to what class's..in any game. Skilled players, will adapt and figure out a way to be competitive. They made great changes in Mod 6 to TR's, giving the population what they asked for, and guess what. Skilled players found a way to make new builds that dominate even more than before. This is never going to change. People like you are always going to waste their time on the forums crying about this class or that, while players like myself and many others will be theory-crafting and testing out new builds and new rotations and new types of gear to fit those different builds and different rotations.

This game will never....ever....be the way you want it. Even if they did. If they listened to the Omnipotent Blueberry <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Pants and gave you EXACTLY what that little brain of yours is wanting, you will still come in here...and make whiny emo threads asking for changes.

You are a fail, and I am glad for people like you, because you are a constant source of laughter for me while I am at work.

^^what he said. Couldn't have sumed it up any better. I beleive that should be the quote this thread dies on. I'm done with this one
    Ant
    < Goon Squad >
    edited May 2015
    ^^what he said. Couldn't have sumed it up any better. I beleive that should be the quote this thread dies on. I'm done with this one

I agree at acertain point. I bet these other TRs that still play good on mod 6 really must feel good for doing it with their own skill rather than using a broken class. that is for sure. I said it many times already, but it really bothers me some people here say that people have to adapt against TRs, gear up, when the class is clearly overpowered. Yes, true pvpers will adapt to a point. but if the skill isbroken there is nothing much left to adapt you know?

you want to know what is true adaptation? mod 1 people would think GWF was a **** class, and a few GWF players including myself made a strong build that rapidly got copied and GWFs became good. Of course the crying came but the game WAS BALANCED. People would cry of GFs, TRs, and the so new strong GWFs.

However on mod 3, they for some reason buffed GWF, and the class got from balanced to overpowered (same what happened to TRs from mod 3/4 to mod 5). In Pc people complained of what they did to GWF, and the GWF "pvpers"' had that same speech of: oh it is gear, oh on high end it is more balanced, oh you need adapt, oh you need to play better, oh quit you dont deserve play pvp". I was a GWF since mod 1, and I done plenty of adaptation to overcome my class limitations but I could not accept how strong they did gwf, and I was realistic to accept GWF was overpowered and killing the game (yes, suddenly everyone was making a GWF, and premades of 3, 4 gwfs and one healer was there nothing different from what is happening now).
    The result: they nerfed GWF, and brought a little balance back to the game. So why you guys insist in saying that the TR problem is just adaptation?
    It is only to a point. The complaint of TR is unanimous. If you think a class that can abuse of a CC that lasts more than the CC of a CW, slow the opponent, dont let the opponent use any skill , potions, fight back, encounters for several seconds is ok? then you really just afraid the nerf hammer. Or to mention that even low geared DPS route TRs can deal 20k+ lashing blade to a 40k+ GWF 45% DR, 24% pvp resistance, 40% deflect and let the broken SoD do the rest of the killing (even without exploiting the DoT glittch). If you think these things are ok when you add that class high deflection severity, stealth, dodges... then you really make yourself look bad for not wanting a balance. Period. Adaptation is true only to a point. The same thing xbox one players are living now, people experienced in the PC with the golden era of destroyers, and the call was unanimous. the game has to be balanced concerning TRs period. If the point is adaptation, then support the fix on the overpowered skills and adapt. is not it easy?
    Let people complain, they have the right to give feedback. specially their case is just. Is not isolated case. Most people agree with their complaint. If it was a few clueless noobs only, but most people, and most PC experience players that do not play TRs also agree. Even the PC community do not deny that TR = op in mod 5. The pc community has a much higher pvp understanding and experience than the xbox one, so does all the PC pvpers that admit TR in mod 5 are op are just cry babies that needed to adapt too? no. People have the right to complain and give feedback, if they dont complain nothing will be changed. And honestly, some people here keeping pushing the same gear up, adapt , think that looks like that they are afraid the feedback give results
    or are you afraid of losing the all-classes-in one features?
    PS: the message was not directed to the person I quoted directly, but to all the "pro" trs pvpers that think TRs are ok and everyone else needs to adapt, gear up.

I showed the mod 5 videos of TRs for my friend that played on PC, probably the best tr that has ever played PvP on PC, and even he said, dude this **** is broken, now takes no skill to play a class that was only for skilled players... that alone says it all.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    edited May 2015
    Another video. Please watch this video and tell me TR is not overpowered.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iCcrLVRJeQ

As you can see, the TR melted my HP pretty fast. As you can also see, he is using the shadow of demise (with vorpal), so even without the glitch this skill is really OP.

The TR looks like he has a P. Vorpal, so he is probably well geared. But before someone talk about it, I have to remind I don't have much more improvement to do on my defenses now. i got over 44k HP at this point, 47% DR, 24% pvp , 40%+ deflection. I can get a feel more HP, but I dont see how more hp is going to help m e there.

As you can see, I hit him with a frontline surge once, and it is the only viable CC skill a GWF have (has a poor cooldown of 17 seconds, poor damage, and is easy to dodge. So GWF have to time very well WHEN to use these skills (unlike TR that you pretty much spam dodges, encounters, and stealth nowadays). So there is more than 17 seconds to TRY to get a CC. And even when I hit, the TR CC is broken almost instantenous, not even allowing me to close the gap and use my other encounters.
    Not only that, it is highly frustrating when a TR falls in the rotation to deflect for their stupid 75% deflection severity and making a high damage encounter not even make a scratch.

So yes, I am ok they having this survival skills, deflection severity, stealth, whatever. But it is stupid and no sense when their DPS is beyond strong. Not even mentioning that SoD <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ignores DR, so even the unstoppable DR is useless against it, and wont even worth try to pop it before.
    Of course some builds of trs are better in premades than others. Of course the CC dazed build that makes CW jealous is more effective, but the point is all the builds are effective on TR at this point because the class is overpowered. Period. GWF has only one path viable for pvp because the class was nerfed to the ground from mod 3 to 4.
    And please, don't come with the talk that HRs can fight back. Yes they can, but if you think HR is very similar to TR in survival skills, tons of dodges, stealth, and they have an efficient CC also. Except their survivality skills are a little lower than TR and their DPS also slightly lower, and their cc lower also. Which IS enough to make the class balanced against any other class, different than TR. I dont think it is fair have the mentality that "oh we have HRs, they can fight TRs. lets be realistic because a top geared tr wont lose for any HR anyday. You can what you want, but I played this game for years and my guild at one point was the very best pvp guild in the PC. I know how the mechanics work, I know an op class when I see it. The population of trs is stupidly high, and this alone shows what I am talking about. something has to be done to this class. it is not about being a bad pvper, or being undergeared. it is about balance and fun. When GWF was OP, I had no fun in playing the game and I watched people crying for GWF being nerfed for months. I got so dismotivated with the pvp, no competition, no fun, only one or two classes viable for pvp, the game got boring. It is fun in the beginning playing the op classes, but after a while it is just boring and destroys the fun. I am a competitive player, so I think lack of competition or diversity kills any game. And this is what will happen, the history will repeat, and people will get bored and quit. Not because they lack pvp skills, but because the game is not balanced. So I cant understand why some of the trs instead of calling people cry babies, bad pvpers, they dont support a few slight changes and adapt themselves after the changes for a greater good the game.
    unless of course, all you want is to play an easy game and play against the same two classes (plus dc) most of the time, or lose against this same comp if equaly geared fight and trying a different comp than that.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Gannicus, what's your build? I'm a rookie fresh 60 GWF and I am kind of thinking slamming my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in a door would be less futile than trying to get the first PvP set.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-