test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Damage feels... Mediocre at best

2»

Comments

• arlequin13arlequin13 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If they buff it then we will be too OP. It took me doing my first epic shores of tuern today at minimum GS to finaly feel challenged again. And even then i out damaged everyone else.
  • quaffliciousquafflicious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm lv60 in full T1 and I can't even get close to the top in damage dealt in either dungeons or skirmishes. I have used pathfinder and stormwarden, mastered the rotations and spec'd right for good damage. Yet, still...I am always the lowest in damage dealt. Hunters need some serious buffs in coming patches or you will see the class die off rather quickly on the Xbox version. Why waste time on a class that can't even remotely compete with other DPS? I've seen other DPS classes at lv55 crush the damage I can do at lv60. Something is seriously wrong with that.
  • j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm lv60 in full T1 and I can't even get close to the top in damage dealt in either dungeons or skirmishes. I have used pathfinder and stormwarden, mastered the rotations and spec'd right for good damage. Yet, still...I am always the lowest in damage dealt. Hunters need some serious buffs in coming patches or you will see the class die off rather quickly on the Xbox version. Why waste time on a class that can't even remotely compete with other DPS? I've seen other DPS classes at lv55 crush the damage I can do at lv60. Something is seriously wrong with that.

Are you trapper? because there is no reason you should be getting out damaged unless your build is that bad or you are using hte wrong encounters.
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
    edited April 2015

The class is built to favor the synergy between melee and ranged. Using just one is a handicap. I use trapper and havent been out DPSed yet. I have actualy done more dmg then the whole team several times.
  • quaffliciousquafflicious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is all AoE damage. AoE is nice and all, but hunters are not an AoE class. Hunter single target damage is utter trash as trapper and I would say barely making par when you go full archery single target. This class needs a serious boost in single target damage and that can be achieved with some proc encounters or lowering of encounter CDs.
  • j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is all AoE damage. AoE is nice and all, but hunters are not an AoE class. Hunter single target damage is utter trash as trapper and I would say barely making par when you go full archery single target. This class needs a serious boost in single target damage and that can be achieved with some proc encounters or lowering of encounter CDs.

If you buff the class trapper will only get stronger, n yes hunter is an aoe class if you spec for it, and because every single fight in this game is aoe based i would say that trapper is in a good place. Archery and combat need worked up themselves not through encounters bc that will break the class. Also be an archer in pvp vs a trapper, i promise you, you would never beat me in kills or a 1v1 fight.
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • madmoxxifavgunmadmoxxifavgun Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    j0kerspsycho is telling the truth. trapper build is amazing
    edited April 2015

Id rather do 80% of everyones damage to 10 mobs more then 120% to one. Nothing better then seeing a screen full 10k dmg per second stacks on all the mobs.

Also we have twice as many encounter powers and they easily do more then half other classes damage so thats a great pvp edge.
  • sm0othlegacysm0othlegacy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This class is very good. I don't see why it would need a buff outside the middle pargon path (but Im assuming im just spec'd wrong or have higher expectations). I have tried all 3 paths multiple times and for the highest dps by far its the trapper set up. It has almost no cool-downs and it has a very aggressive melee stance in pvp. The archer spec isn't going to get the highest dps because for one you still have 2 stances unlike the other classes but because its more of a defensive/distance class. You stay as far the fight as possible while still supporting your team, you struggle at close range but become a threat from afar. Have you not used aimed shot crit? Also, the melee paragon (cant remember the name) seems to rely on high con and life steal allowing you can take a hit while at the same time still gaining back a ton of hp with life still and regen that I don't have at the moment.
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I don't think it needs a buff. Single target dmg isn't THAT bad, you can proc Master Trapper, drop ROA on a hopefully rooted target, dbuff them with carefull attack, aimed shot, aimed strike, it honestly all adds up to a lot of damage.
  • birdisthemanbirdistheman Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I believe this class needs a buff. But only in the archer and combat paragon areas. (Also, needs actual class specific drops in epics, but thats another argument)

I've play both of these and they don't stack up anywhere near the trapper. Barely played the combat any, but played as archer alot. Tried AoE and Single target and it just doesn't do the job at all. Needs either more procs or just better ways to get extra damage in there.

As for trapper. I love it. Fits into my "I want to be right in the middle of it all" style of play.
    If you think we can't keep up in DPS, your rotations, feats, or stats need work.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think this class needs a big buff in the archery and melee feats. Trapper is almost overpowered.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • ussula76ussula76 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the ranger class seems to be very squishy and doesnt seem to deal out much damage compared to the amount of damage mobs can deal out to the ranger.
  • katozeekatozee Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2015
    ussula76 wrote: »
    the ranger class seems to be very squishy and doesnt seem to deal out much damage compared to the amount of damage mobs can deal out to the ranger.

You being serious? I farm PK as a means of my AD generation, I can clear 2x areas of mobs in the same time it takes the other four members of the party to clear 1x area. You want to give me more damage? I don't even use HP pots any more cause well i've never been below 3/4 health unless there is lag and even then I just use the waters artifact.

I believe what people are having a difficult time figuring out is the role of each of the builds. There are three paths to create three different ways to play the same character. You can kid yourself as much as you want but not all three paths are meant to be the top damaging one. From my point of view here is the playstyles:

Trapper - Apex path (there is one for each class) Top Damage/Kills and survivability in PvE settings

Combat - Brilliant node controller for PvP and a real pain to take down if they sporting full profound gear

Archery - You are a party BUFFER, not damage dealer or mob controller... You can increase your worth to a group immeasurably if you use the following encounters:

Commanding Shot / Hawk Shot / Binding Arrow

Provide your team a constant attack buff (Hawk Eye), Defense and Regen buffs (oak skin) and temp hit points (stag heart). Couple this with the T2 4 piece erm... Forrest Lord set and every 60 seconds when you buff someone have the chance to grant +500 to their highest stat. All those attacks are single target pretty much so you should not be getting to much agro that way. If you want to kill things quickly to the point where it is almost godly then its trapper, if you prefer your pvp then go trapper, when you get full profound then combat works rather well. Archery you are there as a buffer because not matter what you think my roots alone will deal more damage than you.
  • xm4zzyxxm4zzyx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If I may weigh in on this, I play as a pathfinder trapper HR. And I completely disagree that the damage output of a HR is mediocre.

Its all about the way you build and play your character along with the encounters you use. I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet because that isn't my aim but I constantly top the damage and kills table in the vast majority of dungeons I take part in.
    I see people saying about using at-wills. But I almost never need to use an at will power due to my cycle of encounters I use, and I'm also constantly doing AoE and DoT and always regenning health due to lifesteal with my roots as well as keeping my stamina up all the time using steel breeze coupled with high deflection and the speed boost you can get from the trapper tree to be constantly zipping in and out of the center of mobs.

I shan't ramble on too much. But if anyone is. Curious the encounters I use are, constricting arrow/steel breeze, hindering shot/hindering strike , fox's cunning/fox shift. If used in the right order with the right feats in conjunction with aspect of the lone wolf and aspect of the serpent. You can constantly be close to the mobs doing massive damage while having most things if not everything rooted in place . and still have very high survivability.

I've found with this cycle you can use your archery encounters, switch use your melee, switch back and archery are ready to go again. Its all in the build.

Edit: its also not so bad for PvP.