Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150416c.8

Comments

• Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    @Panderus:

Are we going to be able to see the item lvl of the players when we inspect them or is it WAI?

And...

Eldritch Runestones aren't working.
    GWF Class feature. Weapon Master isn't working at r4.
    Unstoppable bug is VERY annoying.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Heh, that legitimately made me laugh so hard I cried a bit.

I will look into the Dragon Hoard Enchantments to see if they were scaled back too far.

Real quick, here are some specfic fixes coming for next week pending testing:

Oathbound Paladin: Vengeful Judge: Now works as expected for all Paladin Paragon Paths.
    Oathbound Paladin: Vow of Emnity: No longer has negative interactions with Weapon Enchantments.
    Oathbound Paladin: Sanctuary: The root from Icy Rays (and other similar powers) no longer incorrectly piereces Sanctuary's CC Immunity.
    Scourge Warlock: All Consuming Curse: This class feature will no longer incorrectly activate while the power is not slotted.
    Devoted Cleric: Geas: Players in PVP can only be affected by Geas once every 30 seconds.
    Devoted Cleric: Urgent Prayers: The heal from this feat can no longer be deflected.
    Devoted Cleric: Break the Spirit: Empowered bonus on this power now works as expected.
    Control Wizard: Entangling Force: Rank 4 now correctly reduces the Cooldown of Entangling Force and works correctly in the Spell Mastery slot.
    Hunter Ranger: Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Rank 4 now increases Deflect as expected.
    Lifedrinker Weapon: No longer incorrectly stacks multiple times.

Thank you. I really hope you make the dragon hoards good again. It's the only decent way of making rp :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I will look into the Dragon Hoard Enchantments to see if they were scaled back too far.

Oathbound Paladin: Vengeful Judge: Now works as expected for all Paladin Paragon Paths.
    Oathbound Paladin: Vow of Emnity: No longer has negative interactions with Weapon Enchantments.
    Oathbound Paladin: Sanctuary: The root from Icy Rays (and other similar powers) no longer incorrectly piereces Sanctuary's CC Immunity.
    Scourge Warlock: All Consuming Curse: This class feature will no longer incorrectly activate while the power is not slotted.
    Devoted Cleric: Geas: Players in PVP can only be affected by Geas once every 30 seconds.
    Devoted Cleric: Urgent Prayers: The heal from this feat can no longer be deflected.
    Devoted Cleric: Break the Spirit: Empowered bonus on this power now works as expected.
    Control Wizard: Entangling Force: Rank 4 now correctly reduces the Cooldown of Entangling Force and works correctly in the Spell Mastery slot.
    Hunter Ranger: Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Rank 4 now increases Deflect as expected.

Please fix other enchantments! i.e

Transcendent Vorp Debuffs user

Transcendent Negation does not stack Inc heal or recharge speed

Transcendent Feytouched double stacks resulting in 0 damage coming from target or Caster

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Dude, Panderus... Seriously.... The GWF changes man the class has been gimped for SO long the changes were already posted by GC, already discussed and are REALLY needed. Especially since you ruined one of the crutches that GWFs rely on right now: Lifedrinker. Now I agree its a good change but this is even more imperative for the GWF changes.

And please dont just say "we have other more important things" because NOW your already posting about DC/CW/OP class changes. Just add the freaking changes man. Its really not that hard to add....

Pre-DR determination - not hard.
    20% run speed in unstoppable - again not hard to add that
    FLS - 4 sec stun not hard EITHER - you dont even have to add the "anti-deflect" part of the stun just increasing it to 4 seconds would be HUGE for us.

The class is already a joke 1v1. Cant kill GFs who out damage us and 1 rotation nearly every class. Cant kill TRs - who AT WILL us IN STEALTH to death with just a few daggers. I mean where is the class supposed to be? The back of the line next to SW?

Its not like I or we are asking for buffs across the board or anything GC posted in RESPONSE to the GWF thread were we detailed out feedback on the class and now you dont implement the changes that were a result of the feedback?

It makes no sense. I mean its almost like saying "Mod 7 is coming this year!" Then never does and you say you have more important things to do but then talk about how your working on mod 8 already.... I mean I cant even parallel it because its just seems SO silly.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Holy Molly! finally. Could you please address all HR issues finally too? So that HR could finally use their class for something else then professions?
    Anyway good to hear THE response. This is right way to go. It makes me feel that ill possible play not 90% bugged HR before mod 8 release. hopefully more then 1 month.
  • Options
    arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2015

YES. This is exactly the kind of thing we wanna see.
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thedemien wrote: »
    Holy Molly! finally. Could you please address all HR issues finally too? So that HR could finally use their class for something else then professions?
    Anyway good to hear THE response. This is right way to go. It makes me feel that ill possible play not 90% bugged HR before mod 8 release. hopefully more then 1 month.

Add to it the fact that nerfing regen and LS has destroyed survivability for anyone who isn't a Trapper.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    dersidius wrote: »
    Please fix other enchantments! i.e

Transcendent Vorp Debuffs user

Transcendent Negation does not stack Inc heal or recharge speed

Transcendent Feytouched double stacks resulting in 0 damage coming from target or Caster

Our initial testing has indicated that these are working OK by themselves, there is probably some weird interaction with a power that is causing these.
  • Options
    baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Our initial testing has indicated that these are working OK by themselves, there is probably some weird interaction with a power that is causing these.

Pandy Auld bean,

check the "overflow" interaction of the enchants working with other powers.

By that I mean when a power or the enchant causing problems hits some "cap".. anything going over that "cap" causes the enchant to invert and go negative or just plain old zero out...

Example --- That cap could be the top end of the effect of the trans vorpal. If another power or spell interaction causes the effect to overflow that cap... it inverts and debuffs the player instead of the opponent..

Had a similar problem in some very old code I wrote decades ago in the stone age of Fortran IV. Yes, I am a dinosaur..

ROAR!

anyway I had to fold in a overflow condition handler that basically truncated any result above the cap.

:)
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    amvek wrote: »
    So let me get this straight. You changed the mechanic of for this reason?

Now assuming that you are not lying and the truth is not to sell more rp through the zen store! My question to you is why are you allowing these bots to continue to play?

I dunno seems like a stupidly simple solution to the problem! The fact that you change a core game mechanic and punish the honest players in the process means you guys have a good reason to keep the bots. So why are the bots allowed to stay? Is it to show investors that you have X amount of players on at any given time?

Players who bot know how to get around the system and they will continue to get around the system. Just by this change I can see several ways past this issue. If I can figure it out I am sure they will.

What do you find a normal game session? I think we are posting our complaints on the wrong forums I think players need to hit up the Wizards of the coast forums and complain there. See if they are willing to listen to the legit community!

At least we now know where you guys stand on exploitation thanks for clearing it up!

For the record, I have been sending posts to WotC, and been getting replies back too.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    And I've tested these with multiple powers across multiple classes in multiple scenarios and can say its NOT working. So how can I prove it? Where can I detail out how its not working for you guys to address them?
  • Options
    petegreavespetegreaves Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    omg listen to your players...if you dont want to lower the difficulty for epic dungeons you will cirtenly loose people. with a gear score of 2125 ecc is impossible some may try to say that it isnt and my guess is that those people that say it isnt are you competitors trying to lesten your game population hehe...the truth is that the gear isnt good enough to beat some of these epic dungeons and the mechanics are messed up, it takes two shots from a boss to down me and i get one shot by trash mobs and yeah i thought it may be a fluke so i tested it and for sure it is true..soo the question is ....did ya test this patch out before ya implamented it and if ya knew it was messed up why did yas release it...i mean if you gave us a release date and you faled to hit that mark i and many others would be alittle upset but to release something that isnt right is worse than not hitting your mark...so what we are trying to say is are you guys going to fix this and if you guys are why havent ya said anything about it except for "AHH YEA WE ARE MAKEING EPIC DUNGEONS MORE DIFFICULT :confused:" really haha what do ya just type stuff without looking at what your players are saying!!! ya know i pay money every month on this game as many of us do ...SO GET IT TOGETHER....ohh and ty for letting me have the opertunity to vent!!!:)
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    omg listen to your players...if you dont want to lower the difficulty for epic dungeons you will cirtenly loose people. with a gear score of 2125 ecc is impossible some may try to say that it isnt and my guess is that those people that say it isnt are you competitors trying to lesten your game population hehe...the truth is that the gear isnt good enough to beat some of these epic dungeons and the mechanics are messed up, it takes two shots from a boss to down me and i get one shot by trash mobs and yeah i thought it may be a fluke so i tested it and for sure it is true..soo the question is ....did ya test this patch out before ya implamented it and if ya knew it was messed up why did yas release it...i mean if you gave us a release date and you faled to hit that mark i and many others would be alittle upset but to release something that isnt right is worse than not hitting your mark...so what we are trying to say is are you guys going to fix this and if you guys are why havent ya said anything about it except for "AHH YEA WE ARE MAKEING EPIC DUNGEONS MORE DIFFICULT :confused:" really haha what do ya just type stuff without looking at what your players are saying!!! ya know i pay money every month on this game as many of us do ...SO GET IT TOGETHER....ohh and ty for letting me have the opertunity to vent!!!:)

I can tell you that no one -- but NO ONE -- wants HR's in their dungeon groups. It's next to impossible to get in a group and even harder to stay in one. I've gotten insta-kicked more times in the past week than in the past YEAR, and my HR is very, very near BiS. My HR guildmates are downright dejected, and that's when they're even on. As guildmaster I pay close attention to who is on and who isn't, and participation is vastly lower than it was prior to April 7 -- I'd estimate by half.

Panderus, seriously. The dungeon difficulty is a real problem. It's so stupid-hard that players are becoming as unforgiving as the content. If you're not a super-duper tank, healer, or nuker, you're not welcome. HR's are none of these.

I also think that a very important message needs to be passed on to the decision-makers, whoever they are: they need to start paying closer attention to the forums. I've never seen so much enmity and ire on a game forum, and that's saying a lot. It's frankly astonishing. There have been so many nerfs since April 7, all across the board, and it's creating a great deal of bad blood. Not all of it is visible in the forum, but even in the forum, the atmosphere is positively toxic. The mods have been trying to blunt some of the edge of it when they can, but the underlying sentiment is still there, perhaps seething even more so. They need to address this.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Can you please be more clear? after messing with Transcendent enchants again across multiple classes, with and without boons or feats , taking damage and doing damage to multiple classes with and without boons or feats I have concluded that all three enchantment in question are not WAI....

Perhaps you meant the next build is supposed to fix them?

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Things I would spend more zen on;

"cool" armor transmutes. things that look different, think elemental fire / water / air / earth armor sets. THAT would be awesome. they can even be part of the next lockbox, but also purchasable via zen for 1000-2000 each set.

"extra costume / armor tabs"

"Portable Mail box / Bank"

Things I probably wont buy unless the Value increses 150%, or cost is dropped 50% or more;

"blood rubies."

Seriously though. if you ran a 50% off blood ruby sale at the SAME time as double RP. you'd probably sell a fair few. 1000 zen for 3 100k refinement stones that can be used in artifact gear. that's something I would potentially be interested in. especially since all the AH sources of RP are at inflated prices now.

I have had instances in my combat log where my own feytouched was proccing 100's of 0 damage hits on myself, I also have had experiences where it Lowers my overall damage instead of increasing it.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    senseiwasdsenseiwasd Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    preplacj wrote: »
    Paladin Shift Fix really CW and HR CC though immune...
    Can you please use complete sentences and describe the issue you are talking about or at least point me to a thread that it is detailed? I barely understand what you are trying to say.
    He's referring to the fact that the Paladin Shift/Guard/Aura, fails to manifest quite often. (Kinda frightening to see so many patches go through, and this bug still exists). Often, instead of the aura appearing, the Paladin will go into a stance similar to the GF's shield block, except that it doesn't block anything nor provide control immunity. This has been an issue since the mod6 premiere, was an issue in the preview server before then, and is the #1 cause of death among Paladins in epic Lair of Lostmauth, among other locations.

Even when it does manifest and animate properly, it will often still fail to block damage and/or grant control immunity. Fatal on anything epic. HR/CW shift/dodge effects have similar issues, in that they activate, but often fail to grant Dodge status.

Wide screen display issues still not addressed.

Most importantly, none of the primary difficulty/balancing/content issues described in the "A Message Regarding Neverwinter: Elemental Evil" thread have been addressed. Unless the round table is still debating what to do about those, it seems all bug fixes should be on hold until those issues are addressed, or an announcement made that they are never intended to be addressed. (Primary complaints seem to be epic levels being far too difficult and general campaign areas non-solo'able at level 70, and the sudden lack of dungeon content.)
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We are making feytouch seem to need to be buffed. No yes it causing sometimes to hit for 0 but in other cases you can even witness strikes for 30x10^6
  • Options
    spookymistspookymist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015

~~snip~~

This might be a contentious suggestion but, have you considered using the same mechanics as are on the black ice and dragon glyphs? Base the limit on actual COMBAT time rather than linear time... Then have an hours cool off, and restart timers after that.

Personally I play for many hours each and every day, but there are times when I'm not actually killing stuff! Praying/Professions/healing injuries at campfire and simply picking up quests and running to the objectives. I've noticed an enormous reduction in the DH drops.

If character advancement is perceived to be impossible for those of us lucky enough to have reasonable item levels (not BIS by any means), how on earth are new players going to get along?

There has to be a light at the end of the tunnel that is visible to all. Keep us lost in the dark and there is a serious chance that we will simply return from whence we originally came...

Luckily I am in a large active guild, and we try to help each other through the content. Without this guild I think I would have been in despair by now at the changes.

This is a game, we play for fun, indeed some of us even pay for fun. I love Neverwinter, but if I needed another job, I'd go out and get one that pays real cash.

As many have said before. Please listen to your players. No players = no game

<3 the grumpy panda
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    Not everyone thinks GWFs are gimped right now. Just look at this guy, who says module 6 already represents the "Rise of the Great Weapon Fighter."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zh5xSSHRgE

Yes, it would be nice to see some SW boosts, and that should clearly take precedence.

Maybe they want to take an honest look at the actual class performance before making additional changes based on the feedback of a small group of people who each made a lot of posts mostly repeating the same content.

That moment when you realize thats MY GWF video......
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I appreciate the honesty and the fact that you're sharing Panderus, I realize you get a lot of smack for things you admitted are in fact intended (like the hoards and such.) Just two things -

a. Feytouched and Pure/Trans vorpals ARE bugged. Please check again, a lot of people within the community did the job for you, we'd be happy to provide ACT logs and whatever to help you see that they are. Feytouched has a super weird interaction with CW's, bosses die in a minute or two and the damage is ridiculous. Trans/Pure vorp 2% debuff THE USER and not the mob. I would also like to know if the poor 2% are meant to stack or now.

b. I've been trying to get a straight answer out of the dev team about this for a month now - is inspection, the way it is right now (not being able to see Ilvl of another person and not being able to inspect if not on the same map and super close to each other) intended? And if so, why?

Regards.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ayroux wrote: »

well ayroux your GWF is first OP by gear.So OP that it is too much even when you compare with other top geared players Just saying that macjae might be right in some point. That might be too much
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ayroux wrote: »

2:08 0.0 0.0 0.0 COME CYONKO COME

saber got pulverized

and see post 2:54....much dr is needed right?
This discussion has been closed.