Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150416c.8

Comments

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    There is a mechanic on these items to limit how often and how much they can drop each day. A normal game session for a day should not be impacted.

We have seen players use them heavily to just farm all day with bots and this was one of the valves we closed to that behavior.

Sup. Finally some answer...

...now could you please take the next logical step and switch over the slot unlocking on artifact cloak and belt?

Because as it is now I hurt myself to quite some extent by using those - I lose two meaningful slots (an offensive and a defensive one) by putting these on and get two slots which have a meh use for the first hour of gaming of the day - in addition to the drop quality having been somewhat nerfed...

Also: A normal gaming session does get impacted, as everything takes three times as long now, plus quite some people are running mainly one character. Botters however will just shrug and switch to the next alt after an hour or so.
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is a mechanic on these items to limit how often and how much they can drop each day. A normal game session for a day should not be impacted.

We have seen players use them heavily to just farm all day with bots and this was one of the valves we closed to that behavior.

The good thing is i can understand that you try to stop bottin. But now pllllzzzzz be fair to all legit players and bring us as ASAP a double refinement event...plz * with a lot sugar

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    my biggest problem is how they hide stuffs in the patch note.
    i dont know for example what is a bug, what is a nerf, what is wai and whats not.
    for example TR shadow of demise and one with the shadow.
    for example HR roots not applying armor pen.
    for example everything related to refining points. 3 nerfs have been done to dragon hoard during the last 6 months. None of them was listed in patch note.
    for example dread rings dungeons not giving purple marks on daily basis anymore.

and so on.
    when then the hypothetical bug gets reported its not like you are going to have an answer let alone getting fixed before you forgot about the bug itself.

they are ofc free to change whatever they want but let people know.
  • Options
    matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Panderus please define normal day game session so we adjust our "abnormal" day gaming sessions respectively.
    Also be for once a pioneer and just BAN a few hundred players who exploit, destroy/manipulate economy and give griefing reasons to the rest of the community who actually LOVE and SUPPORT this game. BAN THEM, not everyone deserves to share the NW world with the rest of us. Server population is already blooming with lowlife mentality players, "selfish to the bone" players, opportunistic players etc etc. Bots can easily be detected and just BANNED. By mocking the WHOLE community with the Dragon Hoards leads only to further griefing towards Cryptic's ways of handling things and probably to more people abandoning game since it seems so helpless and defenseless against a few dozen or hundreds lowlife's from all over the world.
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    for example dread rings dungeons not giving purple marks on daily basis anymore.

This, I'm quite certain was in a patch note.

And, as a non-botter, I would like to know how I should play to avoid these anti-bot measures.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Roughly would mean 1-3 weeks, but how many weeks has it been since mod 6 release? A whole month. Not to mention that mod 6 release was postponed a month too. Now instead "we did not promise anything" you should be saying "sorry for the delay" and give an estimate of when we'll finally see the GWF update. Don't be mean, be fair.

He already said 'sometimes GC's stuff is finished, but doesn't get packaged/streamlined until later, because his stuff is dependent on other people's stuff.' or something like that.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fighting bots might play into the DH change, but the main reason for the change is to control how much RP you can get per time unit.

Because RP is the only endgame Neverwinter has, gearing up after a certain point means grinding RP to the max. By controlling the market, they also control how fast you can progress through the game.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't bot (I lack the technical know-how, and I'd rather actually play the game, as opposed to letting my computer play it), but in all reality, what's so bad about bots/farmers/etc.? We're talking about virtual products here... things that have already been created by a programmer and sitting in a database somewhere... and an infinite supply of them, as every time one of these items drops, it's not like an artist has to draw it and a dev has to program it. The game engine simply reaches into the database and plucks one out. Done. It costs the company nothing.

So it drives down prices of things at AH. Big deal. Nothing wrong with a competitive market. I'm happy that I can buy ID scrolls in bulk for about half of what Rhix's mistress charges for them. As a casual, no longer spending money on this game, player, that fits in my budget really well.

I suppose for "farmers" it's similar, but there's actually a person sitting at the keyboard. Honestly, I have 7 characters, but at this point, I'm playing only my two mains. I still cycle through them all to invoke and do professions stuff, and share profession resources with my other characters, or I will once some of those characters get back to PE and near a mailbox. Is that considered "farming"? Because I call it "don't feel like playing them".

Regardless... there is simply no such thing as an exploit-free game. If there is a way to exploit something, people will. If there's a way to cheat, people will. Especially if people can use computers and programs. Especially when the game is so full of bugs. Welcome to today's society/reality.

I find it ironic that it takes less time to level a character from level 1 to level 70 than it does to level an artifact from level 1 to 70. It should be the other way around. It should take *months* to level up a character. D&D has always been about the journey, not the destination, and knee-jerk reactionary double XP weeks are part of the problem, IMHO. Anything that's double XP is just a bad idea.

But whatever. This is what happens when there aren't any experienced DMs who truly understand the heart and soul of the game. Instead, we have a product that's doing it's best to be just like every other MMO, when it should be breaking new ground and raising the bar.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2015

If there is a daily limit can you remove the 30 second limit.

It would at least make ranking up dragon hoards meaningful. Right now, the combined limits make it pointless to have any more than one.
  • Options
    abeodesee72abeodesee72 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is already on Preview for your testing pleasure.

For future releases we are currently working on improving Tiamat difficulty, Campaign quest rewards, more class power issues, Invocation and more!

Is it only Tiamat or all high level mobs ?

a lot would prefer reduced difficulty of T1/T2 and make a T3 (legendary) dungeons/skirmishes

after all why make it harder for all ?

cheers
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I swear it sometimes seems like your avatar looks meaner than at other times.
  • Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2015

What about those of us who legitimately run around killing all day for rp? No botting done, yet after a couple hours I see zero rp drops.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Do you by any chance care to share with us what constitutes ' a normal game session for a day ' in your eyes please? since this can dramatically differ from one player to another , one person who is out of work might consider 12-16 hours a normal gaming session while somebody who works or who has responsibilities outside of the game might consider 3 to 4 hours a normal game session , unfortunately most people don't measure time in chunks of ' normal game sessions'.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Any HRs real bug fixes?

we did expected that since last patch

In short
    1. Rank 4 Aspect of Lone Wolf, Pathfinder Action are still broken and give negative deflect.
    2. Roots don't respected Resistance Ignored and Control strength giving <50% of proper damage or even 0 damage and 0 control o. Even no damage to control immune targets.
    4. cordon of arrows/plants grow does not go on cool-down from master trapper
    5. cordon of arrows/plants grow does not apply ancient roots as feet mechanic or crushing roots.
    6. Thorn ward does not respect Arm pen and does not apply crushing roots.
    7. Battleborn is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> still with 1% of incoming healing at r4.
    8. WM healing does nothing on new HP pool nor does not respect max hp pool.

This are the one that are critical to any (>90%) HR out there. You are killing class every week. Most of the bugs have report or other reports on them. Some even since february preview testing. Are we ever gonna see fixes to those?
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Haha, yes, I mean lowering the difficulty to a reasonable level. The goal is to get it equivalent to what it felt like in Module 5 for moderately geared players. We are even likley adding a level and item level requirement to the door.

That is a step in the right direction anyway. It does seem Illogical to many, to inhance the mobs damage, and defenses, and then in turn, either reduce or keep current our capabilities of retaining health OR survivability. I can only hope that if there is no change to mobs hitting for over 100k HP in one shot, that we will be able to increase our gear to 300k HP and have potions and campfires that heal a greater percentage.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thedemien wrote: »
    Any HRs real bug fixes?

we did expected that since last patch

In short
    1. Rank 4 Aspect of Lone Wolf, Pathfinder Action are still broken and give negative deflect.
    2. Roots don't respected Resistance Ignored and Control strength giving <50% of proper damage or even 0 damage and 0 control o. Even no damage to control immune targets.
    4. cordon of arrows/plants grow does not go on cool-down from master trapper
    5. cordon of arrows/plants grow does not apply ancient roots as feet mechanic or crushing roots.
    6. Thorn ward does not respect Arm pen and does not apply crushing roots.
    7. Battleborn is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> still with 1% of incoming healing at r4.
    8. WM healing does nothing on new HP pool nor does not respect max hp pool.

This are the one that are critical to any (>90%) HR out there. You are killing class every week. Most of the bugs have report or other reports on them. Some even since february preview testing. Are we ever gonna see fixes to those?

change your post and add in that arm pen is no longer respecting roots. please do it .
  • Options
    indalordindalord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Many thanks for this information. However, would you say that about 10 mins it s a normal game session coz really drops occur during such short time in my case. Not speaking here about R5 enchants but dragon hoard enchants.
    Indalord I & II
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015

A normal game session ? I play more than 1 hour a day so that is not correct. They stop dropping way too soon and there isn't many other options to get rp....

Really annoying that all your ways to stop bots ruin the game for legit players.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My only guess as to how bots could use this to benefit outside of themselves(since the RP items are bound) is that they were putting them into wep or arm or other high end enchants. Since those would not be bound and they could sell those freely since those aren't bound....YET.
  • Options
    notalentspaznotalentspaz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am curious how the T. Fey weapon enchant is not at the absolute top of your list of items to fix?
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    A normal game session ? I play more than 1 hour a day so that is not correct. They stop dropping way too soon and there isn't many other options to get rp....

Really annoying that all your ways to stop bots ruin the game for legit players.

the only one who will benefit from "normal game session" are the bots really. All you need to do is just switch to another account/bot. not really hard if you are a bot that has all this step automated.
    But sure nerf players that play more then 1 hour(normal game session). gj gj

could you please officially tell how long is current 'normal game session'?
    so that any play would not spend any minute more in this buggy unfriendly game really. I guess I was smart to play only for GG pvp. No like Hr can do anything else well now.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thedemien wrote: »
    the only one who will benefit from "normal game session" are the bots really. All you need to do is just switch to another account/bot. not really hard if you are a bot that has all this step automated.
    But sure nerf players that play more then 1 hour(normal game session). gj gj

could you please officially tell how long is current 'normal game session'?
    so that any play would not spend any minute more in this buggy unfriendly game really. I guess I was smart to play only for GG pvp. No like Hr can do anything else well now.

well i was testing it and my drops stopped after 1 hour i waited another hour then started getting drops again.i should mention i went 1 hour without farming or even trying.
  • Options
    thecorpserthecorpser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2015

What is a "normal" game session for you? For me it's 4-6 hours. I'm sure other peoples "normal" gaming session exceed that.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is already on Preview for your testing pleasure.

For future releases we are currently working on improving Tiamat difficulty, Campaign quest rewards, more class power issues, Invocation and more!

THIS is a great step in the right direction, communication-style-wise!

Thanks for showing that your ears can hear.
  • Options
    carlonomocarlonomo Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015

why weren't the tooltips for the enchants updated then? This one change is going to cheese off pretty much your entire player base just to mess with the 1% of losers that use bots. I for one will probably quit if this isn't changed. It makes the game so ridiculously not fun when there's a mere 3 end game dungeons, and you get RP for an hour from these enchants? Wow, it will only take me like 3 years at that rate to level up ONE of my tons of pieces of artifact gear to legendary... completely ridiculous, you should change it to at LEAST 4 hours minimum as tons of us play for much more than an hour on a daily basis... well not for much longer I fear.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think it's funny that players always find ways around the "limits" the devs try to set for us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    I swear it sometimes seems like your avatar looks meaner than at other times.

Heh, that legitimately made me laugh so hard I cried a bit.

I will look into the Dragon Hoard Enchantments to see if they were scaled back too far.

Real quick, here are some specfic fixes coming for next week pending testing:

Oathbound Paladin: Vengeful Judge: Now works as expected for all Paladin Paragon Paths.
    Oathbound Paladin: Vow of Emnity: No longer has negative interactions with Weapon Enchantments.
    Oathbound Paladin: Sanctuary: The root from Icy Rays (and other similar powers) no longer incorrectly piereces Sanctuary's CC Immunity.
    Scourge Warlock: All Consuming Curse: This class feature will no longer incorrectly activate while the power is not slotted.
    Devoted Cleric: Geas: Players in PVP can only be affected by Geas once every 30 seconds.
    Devoted Cleric: Urgent Prayers: The heal from this feat can no longer be deflected.
    Devoted Cleric: Break the Spirit: Empowered bonus on this power now works as expected.
    Control Wizard: Entangling Force: Rank 4 now correctly reduces the Cooldown of Entangling Force and works correctly in the Spell Mastery slot.
    Hunter Ranger: Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Rank 4 now increases Deflect as expected.
    Lifedrinker Weapon: No longer incorrectly stacks multiple times.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Heh, that legitimately made me laugh so hard I cried a bit.

I will look into the Dragon Hoard Enchantments to see if they were scaled back too far.

Real quick, here are some specfic fixes coming for next week pending testing:

Oathbound Paladin: Vengeful Judge: Now works as expected for all Paladin Paragon Paths.
    Oathbound Paladin: Vow of Emnity: No longer has negative interactions with Weapon Enchantments.
    Oathbound Paladin: Sanctuary: The root from Icy Rays (and other similar powers) no longer incorrectly piereces Sanctuary's CC Immunity.
    Scourge Warlock: All Consuming Curse: This class feature will no longer incorrectly activate while the power is not slotted.
    Devoted Cleric: Geas: Players in PVP can only be affected by Geas once every 30 seconds.
    Devoted Cleric: Urgent Prayers: The heal from this feat can no longer be deflected.
    Devoted Cleric: Break the Spirit: Empowered bonus on this power now works as expected.
    Control Wizard: Entangling Force: Rank 4 now correctly reduces the Cooldown of Entangling Force and works correctly in the Spell Mastery slot.
    Hunter Ranger: Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Rank 4 now increases Deflect as expected.
    Lifedrinker Weapon: No longer incorrectly stacks multiple times.
    That's a nice patch!
This discussion has been closed.