Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150416c.8

Comments

• Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    b3nstone wrote: »
    There has been several multi-page threads reporting that the dragon hoard enchants stop working after a random amount of time. I understand it is not in your best interest to fix this quickly, but could we at least get some kind of acknowledgment about this issue? Or is it working as intended?

Thanks.

There is a mechanic on these items to limit how often and how much they can drop each day. A normal game session for a day should not be impacted.

We have seen players use them heavily to just farm all day with bots and this was one of the valves we closed to that behavior.
  • Options
    methecsgodmethecsgod Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    GWF Weapon Master rank 4 fix please.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    There is a mechanic on these items to limit how often and how much they can drop each day. A normal game session for a day should not be impacted.

We have seen players use them heavily to just farm all day with bots and this was one of the valves we closed to that behavior.

And this is the point you choose to inform us after weeks of irritation. That's super. I lose all drops after about an hour. Hardly worth slotting then. So cool. Well done.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited May 2015

If you are seeing players bot to get bind on pick up refinement, you should ban them. Getting real old how all the measures to combat bots are affecting your playerbase more than the bots....

However this should also tell you something about how frustrating the refining acquisition is with regards to how much is needed to level artifact equipment.

Also these are not working as intended. Me and my guildies have had multiple sessions of getting ~10 drops and then nothing at all for the rest of the day. I don't think that is considered exceeding normal play.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    pile2000pile2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015

What are the limits in actual numbers then?
    Because refining 4x artifact equipment costs over 16M refining points, if you grind out 4 stacks of peridots a day you still would take 80 days... or to the next mod to refine all the artifacts.
    That is a minimum of 200 drops a day for the enchants to be usable.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2015

Oh great, thanks for the info. There are plenty of legit players in my guild and they were wondering what's up.

You know, sharing such info with your player base would be kinda useful. I mean, like , actually communicating with us about such issues. Building a bit of confidence, maybe. Like fixing critical bugs. Or like doing M6 right. Might be good for your company either, hmm ?
  • Options
    odelle12odelle12 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015

So once again the player base is being punished for the bot problem that Perfect World cant be bothered fixing.

Good to know.
  • Options
    canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Ahhh the lazy fix.... Awesome thanks for punishing the majority of your player base! You have done well.

FYI ... the mechanic is BROKEN..... i repeat... IT IS BROKEN.

Fight the bots and not your paying customers.
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Why is it that there are some days when they never seem to proc at all, regardless of how much stuff you kill? You honestly don't think that killing 200 or so enemies with a 10%+ chance to proc and only getting one or two drops can be chalked up to bad RNG, do you?

Also thanks for punishing the botters in addition to those of us who actually farm instead of botting. Maybe if the RP costs to upgrade stuff weren't so ridiculously high people wouldn't see any reason to try and bot to get RP.....
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015

i cannot friggin believe you actually did this. are you even thinking!!!!!
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Posted elsewhere, but also here for emphasis:

There was already an effective anti-botting measure - no auto-pickup and drops disappearing after a time.

I do NOT believe the explanation that the nerf is anti-botting measure. It is an anti-player measure that some misguided person put in place to drive sales of the ludicrously overpriced blood rubies.

First, we got the rug pulled out from under us with new artifact equipment.

Then, we were lied to about the refinement value of our old artifact equipment.

Now, it's been made next to impossible to ever finish refining the new equipment.

This is not good decision making, it is not an anti-botting measure. It is frankly disgusting.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

There was already an effective anti-botting measure - no auto-pickup and drops disappearing after a time.

I do NOT believe the explanation that the nerf is anti-botting measure. It is an anti-player measure that some misguided person put in place to drive sales of the ludicrously overpriced blood rubies.

Now, it's been made next to impossible to ever finish refining the new equipment.

This is not good decision making, it is not an anti-botting measure. It is frankly disgusting.

this this and this you better read it.
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015

So now their is no point having them above a certain % as we will only hit that cap faster.
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm sorry, what. They cut out after like an hour, my OP takes like four times that to do his dailies for Mod 1-5. That's actually disgusting. Completely repugnant.

Look. Mod 6 has completely removed all reasonable ways to make AD if you weren't already super-rich to be able to play the AH market instead of actually playing the game. There's no way to progress anymore without spending massive amounts of IRL money because you're sure as hell not going to be able to afford all those Greater Marks of Potency you need, or the Unified Elements that drop maybe one out of 60 vigilance quests, if you're lucky. Making RP even harder to get as well for the Artifact weapons we're now required to have, when those were HORRIFICALLY unpopular in the first place, is just a complete and utter slap in the face.

On top of that, where is the acknowledgment of things that are broken? I still have yet to see any acknowledgement of Trickster Rogue's Executioner capstone being completely broken. Is the ninja nerf to Shadow of Demise intended? If so, why? That's NOT what was broken with it, what was broken was certain enchantments causing it to proc more than once on the same target. For all I know that still happens. But now it barely does anything since it only triggers from Encounters(And our cooldowns are stupidly long), only hits one target out of multiples(Great, we needed to be even worse at clearing trash, wait no we didn't), and oh yes, nevermind the damage. The entire rest of the capstone no longer works. Stealth regen speed, not interrupting regen on damage, none of it. The entire thing is completely broken, but has gotten no acknowledgement. Incoming fix? Incomprehensibly working as intended? Stealth duration also seems to have gone down, why? I'm not even asking for an immediate fix to this, I just want to know, is anyone even aware of this? Does anyone care?

We need to know when changes are made and WHY. Otherwise we're left to try to figure out why the heck our characters no longer work properly and wonder if it's a bug or an intentional gutting. It does not inspire anything but distrust and hostility.

For that matter, stealth loss based on percent of HP taken needs to be REMOVED and reverted back to Mod 4 and previous flat loss. You rarely lose less than half your HP when you miss a dodge. This worked when you could take tiny hits and have it not matter, but that's gone in Mod 6. It does not work as it was intended to and needs to be changed. Keep it in PvP for all I care, I don't do PvP, but in PvE it's just an insulting slap in the face like the Exe capstone mess. I had four modules of slaps in the face as a PvE TR. Mod 5 put us in a nice position finally, so to see the backslide from that is just... It really makes me question why I keep playing a character who's likely to change massively literally without notice.

The same thing can be said for Righteous DC. It's barely usable in Mod 6 and has absolutely no role in dungeons. Why?

Also for the love of god don't listen to elitists. They went in with ridiculous gear, they have no concept of how difficult things are if you don't already have everything at absurd levels, and their attitude to us filthy casuals is toxic at best.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    {The nice Tousseau}
    Thanks for letting us know whats been up with the Dragon Hoard enchantments. We asked for more transparency and communication on what is WAI and what isn't.

I can't say that I totally agree with it, nor understand it... But it is what it is...

{The not-so-nice Tousseau}
    I'm not so sure though is I should be royally pi... ummm... ticked off at this yet or not.

Yet another "anti-bot" measure that hurts the player base. Refining enchantments/artifacts/equipment was enough of a pain as it is now (still need to get a better feeling with how things run, with the new sources of refining materials). I have a feeling though, the new options for refining materials still favors those who handle large botting farms via invocation and professions.

At the same time, it now puts your regular players in that position of needing more alts (yay... more money for Cryptic and extra character slots), or buying Blood Rubys for not so cheap prices, to compensate for lost refining materials. Perceptually, making for yet another money grab by Cryptic... and more of monotonous alt grind for the rest of us.

{The angsty Tousseau}
    Is player retention really on your guy's plate?

Sure, we are getting more communication on one hand. It's nice, and I like it... BUT... While with the other, Cryptic continues to take pot shots on its players...

Nerf XP sources... CHECK
    "Incentivize" players to purchase more from an increasingly overpriced Zen shop... CHECK
    Continue on altering the Binding rules (Bags to BoE, while offering a new and "improved" bag)... CHECK
    Add more RP grind after making previous RP ground items obsolete (Artifact equipment)... CHECK
    Add more grind, when players have made it known that want less grind (Hello vigilance quests)... CHECK

{The pissed off Tousseau}
    Stop ****ting on your players... And you wonder why players are coming forward to say that have stopped financially supporting the game.

EDIT: Great... frustration level with the game is back up... thanks.
    and jsut as i thought things were starting to get better
  • Options
    jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And this is the point you choose to inform us after weeks of irritation. That's super. I lose all drops after about an hour. Hardly worth slotting then. So cool. Well done.

"Too many drivers are speeding and breaking the law, so now all cars will have smaller engines and smaller gas tanks..." - since this community lacks a policing method as we are all punished unilaterally, the value of having a statistic called 'PRESTIGE' would become worthwhile in a sense that as a community they would have no hesitation to ban/vote off the island those who blatantly abuse anything for personal gain. You clearly stated not to do it, you underlined and published not to do it - when the consequences don't fit the actions, all that remains is misunderstanding, grief and lack of trust. Why were these players not banned? Are the bots the one's in control?

By not doing so, you've only given them more incentive to find another exploit and abuse it. And given honest players LESS incentive to be here.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't see why you all make such a big deal about the dragon hoard enchantment. Just be glad they didn't ban everyone who was using foundry farms with it. Your artifacts are supposed to take months to refine to max level.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't see why you all make such a big deal about the dragon hoard enchantment. Just be glad they didn't ban everyone who was using foundry farms with it. Your artifacts are supposed to take months to refine to max level.

They need to put the 30 second cooldown and now this new nerf into the tooltip so new players can make an informed decision. Those of us who spent a boat-load of money on these things have no recourse however.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015

So a normal gaming session is 1h and I must farm mobs in this time frame, shouldn't play dungeons not to waste my dragon hoard time, and of course, i'll still have to invoke for a few hours after that because a "normal gaming session" is about 4h according to the guys who designed invoking. So would you mind making things a bit clearer? What's a normal gaming session? Should I log out after 1h?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    do the math it will not take months it will take YEARS im not joking others have done the math it will most definitely take years to complete. this game wont be alive by then.
  • Options
    glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I bring this quote from a thread in SW class forums.

It isnt healthy for a new player to NW to be saying "Surely I shouldn't be stuck in this perpetual hell? "

I know there is a lot to do right now, but the new players need to have fun playing the game NOW.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?872681-The-complete-Warlock-thread-Suggestions-Bugs-Feedback-Considerations-and-more&p=10873591#post10873591
    So apparently, I cannot start a new thread, so this seems as good as any to ask for some help?

First: I am fairly new to the game. I started just as/after Mod 6 was released. My first character, I rolled a SW.

I reached level 60 sometime last week and was excited for all of the new sections, only to find out that everything has been bumped to lvl 70 and I can't do any of the campaigns (other than TOD) as a solo player.

Okay, no big deal. EE, new areas, so I have been grinding these out. But, it's been seriously hell. I am still in Drowned Shore and just getting destroyed by mobs. Trying to do Sea Hag's Hold, and I get about 2-3 mob groups in until I die. I realize I can keep going and keep going, but it seems way too difficult. I shouldn't have to defeat 1 or 2 mobs per life.

So, I am at this point: I can barely make it around Drowned Shore, I am actively working on TOD, trying to get boons to boost my stats, but this just feels like I am in a terrible position and I am not sure if I am missing anything? Surely I shouldn't be stuck in this perpetual hell? I will hit 70 before I even get out of Drowned Shore at this rate.
  • Options
    charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2015

This time should be revised to 4 hours per day, because the game play induces this time to pray to the end bonus. But what I see is a much shorter time. I now have reason to spend 20 daily golds to exchange the enchantments.
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Isn't it interesting that it's not supposed to impact normal play, yet here we all are, SEVERELY IMPACTED. Oh and by the way, the nerf is broken. I have had days where I start out fresh and for the first couple of hours DH drops zilch. With all the grinding we have to do, we should have SOME incentive to keep at it. The DH slowly feeding our new artifacts that NO ONE asked for was a semi acceptable trade off for the time we were grinding the stupidly low XP quests. And now it's a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shoot as to whether your DH is even going to work today. You can't go intentionally breaking things that players have come to rely on to play your game and not expect an AVAVANCHE of bad sentiments from these players. I called it as an misguided anti bot measure the moment it happened even when others said "no way would cryptic do that". Now we are all treated as criminals for playing your **** game. Leave stuff like this alone. The bots you have to worry about aren't using DH as that stuff is all bound. This is strictly an anti-player change. Don't insult our intelligence please.

Now go have your round table discussion, and don't come out until you have decided you are adopting a Players First mentality. Every single change like this shouldn't be implemented in a manner that hurts the players or makes them feel forced to buy zen store items to compete with those that do. This is a F2P game and although I and many support you in financial ways, the good will of the playerbase as a whole is at stake here and the free players should be just as important to you as the ones with deep pockets.

'nuff said.
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why is the invoker timer set for 4 hours, but dragon's hoard enchants only work for 1 hour? A bot doesn't care if it doesn't get any drops for the remaining 3 hours, but the players do.

Maybe it's still possible to strap on some dragon's hoard enchants on every toon and then change character when one toon no longer seems to get any drops. And guess what? The bots will, too. So if it's possible that the timer is character-tied, then winners are the botters with 20+ leadership alts, not the new or the casual player.

In my opinion, the Dragon's Hoard nerf really should have been in patch notes when it was first applied, but better late than never. Thank you, Panderus, for telling us.
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited May 2015

lol. You dont think the bots can spam "f" and pick up everything within a second?
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If this was about botting, then why is Leadership now giving refinement items? Nothing else in this game is as botted as the Leadership profession.

Another thing about the Dragon's Hoard Enchants... The loot gained with Dragon's Hoard Enchants didn't use to be bound. There didn't use to be a longer timer for them in the foundry. This is the third anti-botting measure put in the place about those same enchants, so why didn't the first two do the job then?
This discussion has been closed.