test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Calling out every single player in this game!

Comments

• Options
    umt1982umt1982 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Have it excactly the same way, was not top of the line pvp'er, but did pretty fine overall, and had fun in most pvp matches i played. Now the gap betweeen BIS and semi casuals like myself, have just gotten so extremly high that there is excactly no fun in pvp no more... And yeah with the way cryptic runs the game, i will never spend another dime on stuff just to see them become obsolete a month later... Imo this game is dead, and i doubt we will se more than 1-2 more mods, before they shut it Down.

Shut it down for the PC yes. But I called that when they announced the Xbox One version. They will slowly fade the PC version out to obsoletion and focus solely on the Xbox version. Anyone who knows gaming, knows the consoles are where the "real" money is made.
  • Options
    umt1982umt1982 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    umt1982 wrote: »
    Shut it down for the PC yes. But I called that when they announced the Xbox One version. They will slowly fade the PC version out to obsoletion and focus solely on the Xbox version. Anyone who knows gaming, knows the consoles are where the "real" money is made.

I have also heard cryptic is working on another MMO at the moment.
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This happens in any small-mid sized MMOG. The "End days of PvP" scenario. ESPECIALLY when the PvP scene becomes monetary investment to keep competency. Let's face it. Everyone knows it's impossible to have that much gear advantage as some people who've already arrived at the maximal BiS status when it's been like only a month since mod6, without pumping money into the game.

In my case I've been inclined to more or less give up PvP, and perhaps give up the game itself since now there's no way I can spend all that money to get my character to the same level of competency as the premade guys. Even in prior mods I've been always fighting with gear grade a notch or two below those people... and now, with mod6, I'm supposed to pump like 10~12 more enchants 4 more ranks up, as well as refine all four artifacts to mythic status, plus both mainhand and offhand?? That's more than hundreds of dollars -- either that, or I spend the next 12 months to grind stuff, and just be satisfied with always being weaker and less effective than those who actually did invest that much money into a game.

Enough is enough. Basically the devs are killing their own game, or at least an important part of it which many people have enjoyed so far. Realistically speaking, I, in my own good conscience, cannot tell a new player that if he just plays the game and tries hard enough, he'll soon catch up with the gear advancement and will be able to enjoy PvP on the same level as others -- because this is simply fekking lying true one's teeth.

There's no way someone new can ever catch up to others and be on equal footing no matter how hard he tries, unless he decides to spend like hundreds of dollars to buy everything, because the current refining system is fekking disgusting. It's more than one can expect in a F2P business model. I'd support it if it was like maybe 20~30 bucks every couple of months or so, which would basically be similar to subscription business model games... but this..?? It's exploitation to the utmost -- gross and obscene levels that milks money from people like an open faucet throws out water.

Cryptic should remember how much the fans stood and backed them up during their fledgling days of CoH/CoV. Now, they just stab us in the back and expect money flow from the wound.

Despicable.

100% support what is said .Hope they don't make me have to add them to my list of companies that I will no longer play any game there name is on.
  • Options
    xxbabehoneyxxxxbabehoneyxx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i wanna premade some pvp guilds on the russian server! too bad we can't :(
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i wanna premade some pvp guilds on the russian server! too bad we can't :(

Getting the major guilds from both servers in on it, setting up a tourney with some nice prizes, the final match of the tourney being a live stream event...they could make something really special of pvp here and grow it like crazy if they were so inclined.
  • Options
    beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So I randomed vs you and I am really disappointment.

While I used not to being able to 1vs1 any good geared GF, I was just killing OP in 1 rotation.
    Full legends/mythics (OP) vs scrub meh CW (me) and I was just smashing you like a cookie.
    You are making elementary fails like using Bull Charge while I was dodging.

Having the good gear and having the skill are 2 different things.
    The only reason you won was super-hiper-OP.. Yeah, what else? Perma TR!

Without this TR.. meh..
    You are still way too weak to play vs you, sorry.
  • Options
    greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    beatannier wrote: »

While I used not to being able to 1vs1 any good geared GF, I was just killing OP in 1 rotation.
    Full legends/mythics (OP) vs scrub meh CW (me) and I was just smashing you like a cookie.

Without this TR.. meh..

This is what we called "Carried by the guild"

Him, and most of his guildmates, just have the same. They're overhyped, there's only like... 2 good people in that guild.
  • Options
    nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Full legends/mythics (OP)

Taylor - full mythics - lol.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Without this TR.. meh..

Him, and most of his guildmates, just have the same. They're overhyped, there's only like... 2 good people in that guild.

Well, OP made a challenge. Gather some 'scrubs' together, have CS gear down as they said they would, set a time, and stream it. I am sure there would be some interest in this.
  • Options
    beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Full legends/mythics, not full mythics. Don`t turn my words and don`t change the topic. The fact is you have too low experience.
    I appreciate a few players in your guild (very skilled and good players), but what I see in Domination (OP etc) is just too low. Sorry.

Well, I will watch the YT upload for sure if you`ll make some.
  • Options
    obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We are waiting for 2x RP weekend...then we can try again d(^.^)b
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    God, I can't believe how much Cryptic has fallen.

There was actually a time that they offered so much rich, subtle, and cool PvP options through character power customizing and superb variety of build choices. At first impression CoH/CoV seemed nothing like high-powered run-n-gun fests by Blasters or cheesy teleport-foe Stalkers, but as you went deeper and deeper you realized there was something deeper.

Every enemy tactic, every superhero or supervillain with a certain strength had their own quirks, and when you build to hit those quirks, they would come crashing down. Of course, you would be the same, hence someone else will then come up with a build to hit your own weaknesses... and thus a natural inclination to team tactics and cooperation was born. No one hero/villain could cover everything, so people teamed up to support each other.

When there were ranged nukers on the loose, people would come up with team-stacking defenses and resistances. When there was a certain fire-based nuker on the loose, your side will bring in a fire-resistant class. When there was a cheesy teleport-foe Stalker around, your side would bring in kinetics who would deal out tp-resisting buffs to screw them over. When there was a turtling team with a tight formation your side would bring in storm summoners and break all their formation. When there were these storm summoners breaking your lines, your side would bring in gas-trap powers so they were neutralized... and on and on.

Every power had a certain kind of utility. No matter how situational it seemed, you could come up with a build/tactic/archetype that could force that situation upon others. Every combination offered something new. There were a variety of defenses and resistances, which could all be tailored to your liking. You could be extremely resistant to elemental effects, but this would come at a price of weakness in others. An Invulnerable or a Stone tank would be superbly resistant against physical attacks, but he was a gaping hole against mind attacks and psychics. Regeneration seemed like undefeatable for the longest time, until clever players devised stamina-sapping electro-kinetics to halt their self healing. For the longest time electro based powers seemed weak and useless -- who would have ever guessed it was actually the key to neutering regen, one the most powerful defenses of them all?

Point being, none of the above required superior items. Everybody had almost the exact same grade-range of items. Even if there was something superior, you didn't need to spend 500 dollars worth of grinding stones to make them work. Back then, PvP they offered us was fun, because it was designed as such a fun system.

Now, like 10 years later, they still have the potential to make this a fun experience -- we play NW PvP because it's quite action packed and high-paced. The base system is fun. But then, instead of capitalizing on this basic system of action RPG experience which they do so well, they just corrupt it by stacking fekkin' PAY-WALLS to force you to open up your wallet to get it working. Either do that, or keep being the loser all the time. Keep fighting a disadvantaged battle. If you don't like it, pay the money, and a LOT of that, too.

Like said, I have no qualms with paying for a product. Back in subscription days, if a game seemed fun and worthy, heck, 15 bucks subscription fee? No problem. I'll pay it. But now we have a f-in P2W business model game in works.

OK. No problem still. They offer the game to us for free. Then OK, that means we need to pay in some parts of the game to help make a living and develop even better games. So I'll just maintain a certain steady flow of cash into the game... and that will get me competent enough, right?

WRONG!

Are they f'in kidding me? To get at maybe 25% of my current equipment to BiS levels would take like 20 million ADs in the auction house. If I spend 100 fekking dollars I'll get around 5 million ADs through zen, so to upgrade 1/4th of my gear will take me 400 dollars. To get all my gear to maximal bis will take me 1,200 ~ 1,600 dollars. And this if FEKKING stacked above the money I've already spent with a regular spending plan.

Most MMOGs price their monthly subscriptions around 15 bucks in the past. Accounting for inflation of prices let's say 25% and now they require 20 bucks for a month from a player. By forcing people to spend money into getting BiS gear THEY ASK FROM YOU THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU COULD PLAY A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION GAME FOR 80 FEKKING MONTHS. FEKKING 6 YEARS WORTH OF SUBSCRIPTION MONEY -- AND THIS ISN'T EVEN ONE-TIME. AFTER A FEW MONTHS THEY'LL UPGRADE THE GEAR AGAIN AND FEKKING ASK FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY. SO ESSENTIALLY THEY ARE ASKING US TO PAY MANY, MANY YEARS WORTH OF MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION FEES FOR EQUIPMENT THAT'LL ONLY BE CUTTING-EDGE FOR LIKE 6 MONTHS MAX.

How FEKKING STUPID do these people think the players are?
    Do they think we all come from billionaire families?
    Do THEY FEKKING THINK I'M BILL GATES?

Is this it? Is this what essentially the F2P business model means?

Let other casual players or snot-dripping kids to play things for free to lure people in, and then fekking make PvP players into cash cows so they can charge us ALL OF THE MONEY THAT THEY THINK IS OWED TO THEM?

Like I said many PvP players are willing to pay, and already have paid, so long as the price is reasonable. Like said, many of us are responsible adults. If it's a good product, we buy it. But this isn't normal. The price, the amount of payment you're forcing upon us isn't normal.
  • Options
    flupperyfluppery Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    umt1982 wrote: »
    I have played against your premade a couple times. Where is the fun a) playing with a group that wins 99% of the time with NO challenge b) playing againt people you know won't be a challenge?

All the while spamming the same spells every match too. You are in large part what is wrong with the PvP in this game.

And I saw them mindlessly spamming spacebar whenever they were in a hotspot. trying to bunnyhop in neverwinter... Its the same kind of guys who got banned from hacking Counterstrike awp*****s...

No one wants to play with them. Best ignored and play a timezone when they are sleeping.

xD hahaha
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Jesus really?????

I get your angst, Mirrorballs, and I don't disagree with a thing you've said. But there is a certain pandoras box where once you open it with some reasoned complaints, everything you can possibly imagine comes out of it. The "space bar exploit" where people "bunny-hop"...gotta hate that one, those darn exploiting bunny hoppers! The whole, "they are only good because they cheat...this is total pay to win.." seriously??

Tonight's domination and gg...dom que actually was popping a lot, there were a ton of premades and semi-premades, cs, eoa, absolut and a bunch of guilds that I have never even seen before. Won most and lost some, it often comes down to whos premade you happen pug into. No problem standing up to anyone 1v1 on my under geared toon aside from this crazy non-guild paladin that was geared out with a t.bloodtheft to boot. That was a challenge.

The prices need toned way down, I totally agree. But I do not think it is yet pay to win. Some think it is and they spend a ton of money and they are still cut down like anyone else. That must suck. I do think there is buy in to compete at the top levels, but one can still do really well with iffy gear and some ability to play.

My 2 cents anyways.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I'd LOVE to be in a match with NOTHING but main & off hands ONLY. No other gear. That would be a VERY fun/interesting match.

Yeah I kinda wish they would do a game mode where all players was equiped with gear that had no stats apart from main and off hand so everyone was equal and artifacts and buffs aren't allowed.

I don't think it would work but would love to try it.

Often the people who are classed as the best players are only there because of there unbeatable gear and the fact that they can 1 rotation anyone who hasn't got it. A true skill match on this game would be so fun.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Yeah I kinda wish they would do a game mode where all players was equiped with gear that had no stats apart from main and off hand so everyone was equal and artifacts and buffs aren't allowed.

I don't think it would work but would love to try it.

Often the people who are classed as the best players are only there because of there unbeatable gear and the fact that they can 1 rotation anyone who hasn't got it. A true skill match on this game would be so fun.

They're not gonna do it.

A PvP system that allows people to not have to pay huge sums of money to be competent just as any other man? Preposterous. They still need to milk more money out of us, and exploit and coax our desire to become powerful and squeeze that until every last drop of dime and cent is out.
  • Options
    noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's more than hundreds of dollars -- either that, or I spend the next 12 months to grind stuff, and just be satisfied with always being weaker and less effective than those who actually did invest that much money into a game
    I'm not sure what kind of money you are talking about, but some 6 months ago I got lock-box fever and dropped something like a hundred dollars. All I got for my money was 75 Trade Bars--not even enough to buy the cheapest item--and some other stuff that got me no more than 500,000 ADs. Seriously. From what that experience, I came to the conclusion that it would take thousands of dollars to keep my gear maximized.
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    noetic2 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what kind of money you are talking about, but some 6 months ago I got lock-box fever and dropped something like a hundred dollars. All I got for my money was 75 Trade Bars--not even enough to buy the cheapest item--and some other stuff that got me no more than 500,000 ADs. Seriously. From what that experience, I came to the conclusion that it would take thousands of dollars to keep my gear maximized.

Considering that 100 dollars would give you around 100 keys(more or less), and you get like 3-10 trade bars pr. box you open, i am gonna have to call BS on that... And oh yeah opening boxes at the end of a module is of course very very stupid since the market for most of the items are already filled, still getting 5k ad on average for each items still seems very low..
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Considering that 100 dollars would give you around 100 keys(more or less), and you get like 3-10 trade bars pr. box you open, i am gonna have to call BS on that... And oh yeah opening boxes at the end of a module is of course very very stupid since the market for most of the items are already filled, still getting 5k ad on average for each items still seems very low..
    This was at the beginning of Icewind Dale. And I was not getting trade bars with every lock box. Nothing but junk. After that I just assumed that there was nothing but junk to be had. The only thing that might you might call BS on is a full hundred dollars. Spent it, but maybe no more than 70 dollars was on lock boxes. Whole experience reminded me of playing slot machines...which NEVER pay off for me.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Without this TR.. meh..

Oh! i remember that match, yeah Gz on killing me, but the score was 416-1000, sooo i think that preety much settles it. Also i've played this game long enough to not even try anymore in pug matches, the one sided matches are everywhere.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Hey you wanna premade us? tell me your handle and i'll pm you ingame, maybe we can set something up!
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We are the guild "chocolate shoppe" we're purely a PVP focused guild and ALWAYS open for premades, if you would like to premade us in a 5v5 domination PM us in game or on forums ( @xxbabehoneyxx @alt2j @velynna @vedran541 ) we will even personally gear down to match. The comps can be further discussed.

If you love PVP and look to your self upon finding a challenge, then im sure doing premades will make you enjoy the PVP experience even more!

I find the proposition quite honest and in good faith.I will not participate ofcourse ,my rank9s do not allow me :P ,but i find the bashing from some in this thread not fair.

Op has given a polite challenge and not only that,he offered a gear down.

i do not know if he abused or not in the past.And i think since he offered to gear down is irrelevant.
    I like pvp so i want to see more people participating in it either be fully geared pvp guild premades or casuals like me.
    And i find that proposition in the right direction.
    I don't think all chocos are evil,as portrayed by some people in this thread.Their Dc participates in the forums and in the past he stand up for the nerf of the Mod3 prone artifact(was Kessel's?) even if he admited his guild was having it in abundance.

So i hope some people take the challenge ,fight a honest match with the Chocos :P and then Op would post the video of the fight here,win or lose is irrelevant.

Let's keep pvp alive guys.People already ask in the zone chat for random people to queue.What happened ,happened.That is the past.Let's walk towards and save pvp from extinction... :(
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Would be nice if PVP matches/events could be done on the test server. Would make it a lot easier for everyone to deck out in their ideal BIS gear/enchant setup.

Also, this could easily allow for matches without specific enchants such as T Fey & Negation, since people could use different ones on test.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    One thing with the pay 2 win argument. As the buy in to compete at the top levels goes up, more people are priced out. That means people who could afford the buy in in mod 4 or 5 and cannot now, are going to come across with this pay 2 win stuff. The same ones who said it wasn't pay to win to those who could not afford it when they could.

Cryptic wither needs some kind of gear brackets for pvp or to lower their prices because with mod 6 they have priced themselves way out of range of most players.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Rather than take up the challenge, I would propose avoiding these people. Seriously overgeared premades preying on casual players. That ain't right. Leaving in a closely contested game is one thing, but from now on, when I see "chocolate shoppe guild" I'm logging off.
  • Options
    velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    noetic2 wrote: »
    Seriously overgeared premades preying on casual players. That ain't right.

The ENTIRE purpose of this post is SPECIFICALLY to AVOID that. We've also stated repeatedly that we can gear down (not all of our players are BiS anyway). We can also run premades on the preview server, if that's easier for players.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    this offer targets pvp teams and guilds who are not well geared, in case of facing pugs all day is a waste of time and boring as hell, assuming that you are mentally healthy, cause meeting some premades and BIS-PVP-player in game (not your guild, they normally do fine), I only can say: "some of these guys have serious problems, acting like this"

i am sorry for you that this game is so poorly concepted arround pvp with a broken matchmaker since all time, broken classes and no place to go or meet ingame + a P2W concept mixing all this in one soup
    tbh if I was a focussed PVP player I never would stick to this game any more
    but being a pug player its ok, some matches are really challenging, meeting premades is a waste of time for me since, no equip, no communication, wild mix of pugs

so my proposal would be go pugging take of your T negation and T bloodtheft, your rank 12´s and try to compete....or stop wasting time in a game that just don´t cares about pvp, balancing and a competition mode for pvp guilds like yours
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I am not getting all of the pvp hate lately. I guess I can understand or theorize WHY people feel as they do but to be honest, I am having more fun in dom than I have had in a long long time. Solid challenging matches with good teams. A nice mix of pugs and really solid, geared and skilled players. It has been a minute since I have had a pug team that I felt just didn't care about the win.

Everyone wants to ***** about overgeared guild premades. Here is a guild offering to gear down. People are still *****ing, refusing the challenge and then giving an excuse (usually gear) for why they refuse.

People want even matchmaking. You don't get much more even than people offering to go gear for gear. This could be fun if people actually do it.
This discussion has been closed.